Earhart Petroleum/PropaneTaking 30% of our paid gas & taking our tank!

We have had Earhart Propane for 5 yrs. The people we purchased our house from had them. Since we could not use our propane up fast enough (they are mad we heat w/ a primary of wood), today they came onto our fenced off property with the police, to take out 30% of the gas we had left (they only fill these large tanks to 80% max) & take their tank. Apparently, the police said this is not considered a "civil suite", and that they have a right to take their tank & my gas. They will "cut" me a check! We all know how that goes. They will owe me around $500.00, but the check they "cut" will be for around 2-$300.00.
Unbelievable. They are angry we did not burn out gas up faster!
In conclusion...two yrs. ago when going to read what was in my tank, I smelled propane...
The driver had left all the fittings loose on purpose to let our gas dissipate into the atmosphere! Since we tightened all the fittings, the gas lasted twice as long! Go with a different company. At least another company would care about their reputation!

• We
    we hate propane Aug 04, 2012

No, the previous fill - ups were only lasting approximately 6 months with a strong smell of propane in the air. We went out to read the % of propane left, and had to go around with a crescent wrench & tighten all the fittings nearly 1/4 of a turn to tighten them! Our propane lasted over a year with the same amount in it! Earhart kept saying, "My records show you are out of gas!!" I kept saying, "No! I still have 32%" They kept saying their records show we should be out! Well...we would have been out if it were not for tightening down our fittings!
    Then they got mad because we burn wood for heat, coming to take our tank because we did not fill it up frequently enough! I had it filled last Oct to 80% (they fill to this point), then when they took my paid gas and tank yesterday itt was @ 30%! I have a lot of $$ owed to me, & from they way they have been operating, not very customer oriented, they will most likely take of a "tank fee" and figure the propane that was left @ the lower price it was purchased at...I think last Oct propane was at a higher price, perhaps

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices