Having problems with NetSpend?

NetSpend Customer Service Contacts

Thu8:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Fri8:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Sat8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Sun8:00 AM - 8:00 PM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with NetSpend Customer Service. Initial NetSpend complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for NetSpend above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about NetSpend. Discuss the issues you have had with NetSpend and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

NetspendPrepaid debit card

My fiance and I purchased a netspend prepaid card about a year before we started getting our unemployment deposited on our card. Up until then, we were never asked to prove our identity. In July 2020 our account was locked and we had no access to $4, 215.99 in our account. We provided all the documents they asked for and all were rejected! We have lost our home and everything we have worked for! Netspend has left us with no choice but to file suit against them for our money and all we have lost due to this.

• NetSpend's response · Jan 18, 2021

We're sorry to hear that. We can look into it.

Please email us at [email protected] with the full name of the account holder and as many details as possible.

NetspendPrepaid account locked

My account was working fine I just got a $700 deposit on my taxes I went to McDonald's me and my two-year-old daughter got dropped off to buy a car it would not let me transfer money so I called them and she said I was doing it wrong that I had to transfer 250 but she was like sir I can do it for you over the phone well she did it and she messed up and it locked my account so I sent the title to my car I sent my ID I gave them all the information I possibly could have gave them and the guy was very rude and hung up on me and I spent from 4 till 9 trying to get ahold of somebody just to be constantly hung up on me and while me and my daughter are stuck with no money out in the middle of nowhere freezing cold during a pandemic thank God the state police help us get a hotel room through a charity group I'm in the hotel room tonight they better have my money unlock tomorrow

• NetSpend's response · Jan 05, 2021

Hello,

We are sorry to hear this. For assistance, please email [email protected]

We do not recommend posting personal information on a public website.

• Updated by Philip0417 · Jan 05, 2021

And on top of it all the guy I was buying the card off of was right there recording every conversation recording everything from the lady doing the transfer that messed up to the guy being rude to be begging them on my hands and knees to Please Release the money so we could get out of the cold and the state police also wrote a report if this is not taken care of in the morning I will be filing charges

• Ph
        Phil15601 Jan 06, 2021

You guys have hung up on me all day today again like what is going on me and my daughter both tested positive at the hospital they for covid-19 because of you guys we have to be quarantined and we are a hundred miles away from home and I still can't get ahold of nobody about my money something needs done everybody sit contracts this virus from us is your responsibility I will file charges for endangering the welfare of a child and you think all this little stuff that's going on on these complaint boards is serious if something happens to me or my daughter I guarantee you it shuts this company down we have been away from home for two days because you won't let me access my money and it was you guys that messed up trying to transfer my money the deputies and your representative set the up the fraud alert because she messed up now I contacted code covid-19 so did my daughter we are still a hundred miles away from home and can't quarantine I have no money to get another hotel room there's no way you guys should be allowed to do this so the best thing I know to do is walk to the state police station tomorrow and file charges for endangering the welfare of a child and file a report that you have left somebody with covid-19 I'll in public from many other people to contract the virus he's got to be some serious charges something should be done someone to

• Ly
        Lynn Miskanin Jan 05, 2021

I am his attorney at the moment I will be taking your your questions or your comments from here on out my name is Lynn miskanin

• Ly
        Lynn Miskanin Jan 05, 2021

I messaged you guys a million times I just sent you another message I have two hours before I got to check out of the hotel room the PA Attorney General's office is trying to help me get a hold of you guys we was exposed to covid-19 because of your guys and we are stuck with no money nothing to get home this is starting to turn very dangerous right now and what makes the difference this personal information that I'm sharing you guys say it don't even verify my identity so what can anybody do with it

NetspendNetSpend locked my account randomly

I've had this card for roughly a year now and have experienced no problems up until today when my card was randomly locked. My stimulus payment was put on this card and it was fine. My 2nd stimulus check however was put in there a couple of days ago and they locked my card for no reason with my money still in there. I've called and called and they want me to send my SSN and my photo ID to unlock. Okay that sounds suspicious. Why is my account suddenly having problems after all this time? All my information isn't correct now either? I offered to verify my SSN over the phone because I don't have the paper one to send a copy of, and I offered to send a photo ID. My response was that I have 2 options to either let them close my account and send my payment back to the government or wait until I send my social security card. I've contacted a lawyer which will be checking into this, I will take all actions and procedures until there aren't any further. I suggest whoever is responsible for this obvious little money scam y'all have going on to fix my account because I will end up with more money than you are attempting to steal from me and all these other people. This is redicilous. I'll be sure to spread the word of this wonderful b.s company and the scams you pull.

• NetSpend's response · Jan 04, 2021

Hello,

We're sorry to hear that. You can email us at [email protected] for additional assistance. Make sure to include your full name and details about the issue.

Netspendnetspend card

Recently I had to replace my card. I received my new card but I cannot activate it. The phone numbers just hang up on you with the excuse of high call volume and the app I downloaded still requires you to call them to activate it. It is a catch 22 with no solution, call the numbers and they tell you to download the app, get the app and they want you to call the number. all my saved money an direct deposit are tied up in this account and they have left me in limbo. Thanks for being completely incompetent netspend.

• NetSpend's response · Jan 04, 2021

Hello,

We are open but are currently experiencing extended wait times to speak with our customer service agents. That is not unusual given the high volume of calls we are receiving. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please email us at [email protected] for additional assistance with activating your card. Make sure to include your full name and details about the issue.

• Gr
            Gregory Rowe Jan 05, 2021

On December 24, 2020, my Netspend card was locked out. I was told by the Customer Service agent that I would receive a new card within 7-10 days, I still have not received the card( it's been over 11 days and still have not received it). I have been trying to reach a Customer Service agent for the past three days, and I am asked to use the mobile or online application due to high call Covid/high call volume. The online application does not work because it requires a card number. All of my direct deposits from my employer are being sent to the account that has been locked out, but cannot access any of the money. When I needed to contact Customer Service during the Christmas holiday, I was able to connect with someone within 5 minutes. The holiday season is over, and I cannot understand why no one at Netspend can answer the telephone on 01/05/2020? This situation is causing a great deal of difficulty for me because I have to take money from other sources to pay bills, get gas, ect. I don't think I'm going to continue using Netspend any longer for deposits...its too difficult to resolve problems when they occur.

NetspendLocked out of online account

Today on 1/30/20 I requested a one time code to verify my email/identity so I can log in and check my account balance as I am waiting for my economic relief payment for the stimulus check.

The one time password was so late to my email that when I entered it the code was already expired. I did this 3 times in a row and I am not locked out of my online account.

I need to have my online netspend account unlocked so I can monitor if my stimulus check has bee deposited.

• NetSpend's response · Dec 31, 2020

NetspendUnethical behavior

As of 12/30/20 i went to walmart and purchased a netspend debit prepaid card and tried to activate it online and it said oops something went wrong. So i then tried calling the compand and the only thing that was said was talking about covid 19, then the phone went silent, then tried calling again and the same thing happened. I am very angry and want my damn money back!

• NetSpend's response · Dec 31, 2020

Hello,

Unusually high call volumes are leading to extended waits. We apologize for the inconvenience. For additional assistance, please email [email protected]

NetspendMy account

NetSpend lock my account my money is my account I keep calling and telling the people at NetSpend that I need my money that's been four days now my children have no food I have no gas for my car to go get food I keep hearing yeah we understand we're sorry about that. Won't tell me my my account was locked in the first place and they want me sending documents I don't have I asked him what you want me to call out my [censored] I don't have them I'm sending documents I do have to show proof of my address and they keep denying them

• NetSpend's response · Dec 29, 2020

NetspendNever received my $500.00 I paid for a pre paid visa

I purchased a pre paid visa from Exon on Fair Ave. In San Antonio Texas. I attempted to activate my card when your representative informed me that she wouldn't be able to do it and this conversation ended up lasting way longer than I expected, with no results. I tried to go back to the store the next morning but I didn't have any luck there either. The person couldn't find anything about it. I tried to get your company to just active my card but they couldn't do that, so I waited for a check to come in the mail. It never came. This has been going on for three months. It's time that I get my money. Please I ask you resolve this issue. I believue I should be compasaited for waiting for all long time not mention the bind this has put me in financuily.
                I would like to get the five hundred dollars I paid NetSpend for nothing. And at least three hundred dollars more for compensation. Thank you Mr. James Noblitt.

• NetSpend's response · Dec 14, 2020

Hello,

We are sorry to hear that you haven't been able to activate your card. Please email us at [email protected] for assistance.

NetspendPrepaid card and bank account

This is an update to the complaint I made earlier where they locked my card and left me stranded with my fiance and daughter. Well finally the did approve my documents after a month went by and all my bills were behind. Buy on the same exact line they brought up a transaction that I indeed did verify correctly and but says I didn't and continued to refuse to unlock my account. Tho I mind you I verified it off strictly memory bc they won't let access my account. But I have a surprise for them. Every contact made with has been recorded on my end as well quality assurance so I will be taking these recorded phones to my attorney first Monday and see what he has to say. Matter of idc bout the money. Measly as $1500 you all can have for now. By the way don't bother contacting as I refuse to communicate with such unethical, and dishonest people. You've done went too far. You will pay gravely for the hardship you've forces upon my family.

Oct 09, 2020

Netspend — Locked account wont release funds

I got a netspend card so I could recieve my stimilus. On may 20, 2020 the irs direct deposited my payment, I...

NetspendThey wont stop a payment I didn't authorize payment 2 mins after receiving a text

Ok some one has acsess to my acout ive done everything with netspend got a new card but it wasnt my card that was the problem it was my acount then today at noon got a text I was overdrawn charged for $35 and $600+. Call and was told they could only disput the charge they didnt have the ability to stop the chareges... I am a sole pervider of two people cuz of covid 19 and I now lost my rent money car payment and food from my mouth... And allthey could say is well it was otherized... When I didnt get any text or info befor hand... What can I do who can help.

NetspendProvisional credit

I was ttold that I can't receive provisional credit because my account is new... My account I about 4 months old. I had 34k come through this account within the last 2 months... Netspend is telling me that they 're looking at my account as a new account.. How is that even possible if I had my account for 5 months? I was told i'll have to wait 45 days for a credit. This is bogus

NetspendPrepaid card and bank account

My account has been locked for several days now going into the second month and still no response or solution from your company. After getting stranded out of town with no money with family bc you-all decide that it's was a good time to lock my card up we finally made it back home with no help from you who has stolen mine and fiance's money!!! In the beginning your company's reason for loving my account was bc of unauthorized transaction then it turned into being locked due to receiving direct deposits in a name that was not mine who I informed you was the mother of my daughter who is my fiance. Anyways I sent all the proper paper work and still locked. I'd, SSC cars, proof of address still locked. I am the account and my account should be unlocked verifying my info. This my complaint and I'm writing it for the sole purpose to inform you that I have contacted an attorney and you'll be hearing from us soon. Thank you for stealing my family's money when we needed it most.

• NetSpend's response · Oct 05, 2020

Sep 27, 2020

Netspend — Master bank account.

The same exact thing has happened to me while out of town. BC me and baby mama share same acct. She has use...

NetspendClosing my account and not being contacted and you have my money wh

today you close my account for suspicious activity when i just got paid last night. i paid my phone bill and went to the gas station. i am writing every review on every website and contacting the BBB because closing my account is your right but holding my money when I need it right now is unprofessional and pure disgusting. I am pissed and i should have the right to my money and i should be given the option to transfer it to another account because i will lose my job and have no water in 10 days!!

• NetSpend's response · Sep 29, 2020

Netspend

NetspendCards, ie - credit/debit? Visa or mastercard?

I have received 1 visa and two or three master cards to validate. But on all the 'sites I connect to - re netspend - there is no customer service email or telephone number where you can chat or - better yet - communicate by 'phone. Shouldn't the better business bureau investigate
                            This fact and force them to communicate with customers and potential customers - asap?

Are they a public corporation and if true - what is their corporate structure and who are the officers of the company? How does one get a copy of their by-laws, privacy policy and/or terms and conditions?

It seems as if there is a deliberate attempt to be secretive?

Kindly respond in three days, ie - 9/13/2020i

• NetSpend's response · Sep 11, 2020

Hello,

You are not obligated to activate any cards that you receive from us. However, cards can be activated online or by calling the number. If you need additional assistance, please email us at [email protected]

Aug 15, 2020

Netspend — Prepaid visa card

Dear Net Spend, I purchased two visa cards at a Winn Dixie grocery store in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. I thought...

Aug 05, 2020

Netspend — Visa prepaid cards

I bought a netSpend Visa Prepaid Card in 2018 at a local CVS as a wedding gift but held onto it instead, I...

NetspendAccount locked before I even fully activated it

I got an account today. It was going generally okay, until the 'verify your identity' page, where pressing continue just didn't do anything. I reloaded the page, but after entering the 16 digits and security code, now it goes to 'oops, something went wrong' and tells me to call customer service. I tried emailing and only got an automated response.

• NetSpend's response · Aug 12, 2020

Hello,

We're sorry to hear that you are having issues completing the activation process.

We weren't able to locate an account for you. Please email us at [email protected] so that we can assist you.

Aug 04, 2020

Netspend — Locked account

My name is Robert Morphett. On July 29th 2020. I received 1200.00 from unemployment and I got a text message...