PA Lotteryripoff

P Review updated:

Friends of mine are big lottery players. One friend played the new Monopoly Jackpot game, he played the whole book.The monopoly is a $5.00 ticket and $300.00 for the whole book, the highest prize in that whole book was $25.00. Another friend played the Win Win game. The ticket is $10.00 and $600.00 for the whole book the highest prize he hit that book was $50.00. I registered all those losing tickets from the monopoly game for the second chance drawing I had 50 or 60 tickets I didn't get not one cash prize from all those tickets I registered. The PA lottery was notified of this and they said that is why it's called gambling. My friends are pretty mad so they started going to New York and New Jersey to gamble.

• En
    enterprize May 18, 2014

I gamble and expect some kind of payback for my efforts and investment, to never win is just a plain ripoff . shame on the lottery .

• Ca
    carnac May 19, 2014

I have predicted where the spinning wheel will land 100% of the time on the online 2nd chance game. something wrong there.

• Ca
    carnac May 19, 2014

**** on the monopoly game

matthew cubberley May 21, 2018

On the free online games you win all the time cause its free

• Bo
    BoycottPALottery May 26, 2018

I’d like to see an independent audit done on the PA Lottery. I play scratch-offs all the time and something seems very misleading with the winning odds. In addition, I don’t agree with them calling a break even payout a “winner”. A ticket that pays out the face value is not winning in my opinion. Their definition of a “winner” is complete b.s.. If you spend $20 to make $20, you’ve gained nothing. Winning should net you a profit. When they say a ticket has $100 million in “winners” and the majority of them only return the value of the ticket, then that’s intentionally misleading. Nobody plays for the unexcitement of getting your money back. They do this so you play again and eventually lose. They issue new tickets before most of the top prizes are claimed to distract you from continuing to keep playing those old tickets so nobody wins them or so they don’t have to print them. They also discontinue tickets before all top prizes are claimed which is b.s. too. Expecting the government to not be greedy and practice honesty at anything is my own fault. I hope everyone stops playing these scratch-off scams.

• Qu
    Quick69 Jun 26, 2018

@BoycottPALottery I have been saying almost everything you just said many times. I think all their games are fixed. No one hits the Cash 5 for days so the pot grows so more people play, then after it gets hit by one winner most of the time, three people hit the next drawing and have to split $125, 000. I was told by a store owner one time that the lottery has to make money. I don't play so they make money. You have better odds at the casinos.

crystal ferraro Nov 04, 2019

@Quick69 agreed. just played online over 800.00 with the only hot games and no return. who are they kidding. pa lottery is a total ripoff

• Ri
    Ripoff101 Aug 07, 2018

The odds on scratch offs or not true I have brought two books in a row and the odds do not come out to what they say they are . I played for a few years now it's the biggest rip off out their.but no more stealing my money should be a class action lawsuit brought against them

• Qu
    Quick69 Aug 28, 2018

@Ripoff101 To many hands in the pot. We all know Pa. lottery is fixed.

@Quick69 agree. scratch offs and ilottery total ripoff

• Cy
    Cynnr03 Aug 15, 2018

I have played many of times and never even close to winning, to me it's a complete ripoff plus I never got my 5 sign up bonus

• Mr
    MrKah1 Sep 07, 2018

I am really disappointed with PA ILottery. They don't pay when someone wins. I won $50 after spending a couple hundred dollars playing their games, I decided to cash out. After setting up an ACH account for the withdrawal, they wanted my bank routing number, Social Security number, bank card number, then what really upset me, they wanted a picture of my debit card with a copy of my bank statement wth all of my current information. They did not want that information when I made the deposit, they just took my debit card and my money for me to get started, can someone explain to me why they need all of my banking information to pay a $50 win? I don' think $50 is worth giving up all of my information!

• Fo
    Former PA Lottery player Dec 22, 2018

@MrKah1 I too played PA ilottery and I am trying to withdraw $30 and they are giving me a hard time withdrawing $30. In July they solicited Me with a $10 bonus if I deposit $10. I used my debit card the $10 deposit posted. The card that I used has since been cancelled and replaced. I didn't win anything, so at that time there was nothing to withdraw.
    On December 17th, I decided to try my luck for the $10 bonus promo. I deposited $20 on my newest debit card (issued in Aug) no bonus appeares on my account. I called they told me the deposit had to be via ACH, so deposited an additional $20 via checking account. I decided to withdraw $30.
    They asked for a copy of my bank statement and debit cards. I uploaded a copy of my statement and debit card that I used on December 17th, However I nolonger have the old debit card that I used in JULY. They are refusing to allow me to withdraw the $30 because I cannot provide a statement within the last 60 days for the debit card that I used in JULY. I provided them with everything else except that. I will no longer be playing the PA lottery, this is ridiculous.

• Za
    zanitfox Jun 10, 2019

@MrKah1 They do this with everyone, ridiculous and I strongly feel unsafe process. Be carefull if you call them and make a comment the consider an admission of a gambling problem. They did this to me and now te Director has me permanently blocked. I have decided to do what ever is necessary to see that it is removed. And it won't be for the ability to play. It was handled unjustly, considering I have never gambled before and am not a gambler. The accusations were totally unjustified. He requested to know how much I spent Who does that? If I had spent a million of my own, so what? So you convince yourself I must have a gambling problem. Then permanently block my account. That is what was done to me.

Andy Reiber Jul 02, 2019

@zanitfox Same thing happened to me. After losing probably $1, 000 and bitching to the customer support people countless times I finally hit for $3, 000. (I think it was because I was giving them a hard time.) So I requested a withdraw. After three or four days I still didn’t have my money. Called or chatted with 4 different representatives who each told me it would be 2-3 more business days till I got it. Day 5 came and they finally ask me for all my personal info. Now I was looking at about 2 weeks till I got my money that I was assured would only take 2-3 days by 4 different representatives. I was pissed and I let it known. Said I was counting on that money since, again, I was told by multiple reps 2-3 days. Apparently the fact that they’re misleading people and me being pissed about that means that I have a gambling problem.
    Here’s a question? What if I bought a whole roll of second chance cards because I wanted to enter the losers in the second chance drawing. Well now I can’t because I’m blocked from the site. No where on those tickets does it say that I may be blocked from the site and not be able to enter into the second chance drawings. It’s false advertising, it’s discriminatory and it’s straight up bullshit.

• Je
    Jec825159 Jul 10, 2019

@Andy Reiber Same thing happened to me. I spent about 2500 on pailottery. I hit on a crossword for 5 grand. I noticed the next day it was already posted to my lottery account. I put in a withdrawl request. The next time I went to log in all my account information was locked. Someone used my email and changed my password address etc. I talked to the lottery and had to prove that my email was comprised. I was told to go to law enforcement. I even have offical conformation from the lottery that I won.

• He
    Heidi Lane Kline Oct 27, 2018

I agree they did the same thing to me!!! After spending hundreds of dollars playing I won $100 and in order to get the funds had to send pictures of my cards, license, bank statement, etc. IT WAS BULLSHIT!

• Fl
    Flowing Rivers Nov 13, 2018

I refuse to send ACH all that information. I only deposited $25, won $56. As I inquired about withdrawals, I learned how invasive their requirements are to set up an account. I'll take the loss. With identity theft being a real threat, it felt criminal to have this entity demanding critical financial information. I'm very disappointed how the lottery has several deposit options, but only one way to withdraw. Nope, not for me.

• Li
    Licy Diaz Nov 16, 2018

The app and website for the PA lottery really sucks! They always have issues with it and it doesn’t work properly. Their site has been down for hours today. I haven’t cashed anything out but it is easy to make a deposit. It sounds really difficult to have them deposit winnings into your account. I’d like to see them have an audit done. I started playing a few weeks ago and I’m so done. I refuse to deposit anything else to play. While their website is down I started to do some research and I really wish I would’ve done it before playing for a few weeks. I like how they always publish how much they payout but won’t publish what the customers lose trying to win their small prizes. I played this one game enough to know the payouts and it won’t pay more than $200. I had a $100 bonus the other day I tried to withdraw but it wouldn’t let me because of their stupid rule. I’d rather go to AC & spend my money. The Borgata has great rewards 😎 I’m heading there today. Also I downloaded Parks app and I can play casino games free daily and that’s what I’ll do from now on.

• Ro
    Rokh1 Dec 24, 2018

Pa Ilottery is a scam at its best. The games are childish and they lure you to play the stupid games by initially letting you win a few times something slightly bigger than your usual once in a while dose, and once they got you hopeful, there you are, hooked on a probability that ceased to exist in your life before and yet now you have to deal with it. I've lost so much in these stupid games in the past few weeks (initially I had won some money), it is just saddening to talk about and it was at the worst time too, right before Christmas. How they get away with taking peoples money, I have no idea. Apparently they think everyone should act as responsible adults and avoid losing otherwise they label you with having gambling problems. Well I for one did not have any problems before the PA Ilottery came along. I went to a nearby casino once in a blue moon and that was the end of it good or bad, but now I have a live one to worry about right in the comfort of my home.

• Za
    zanitfox Jun 10, 2019

I innocently contacted pai lottery by phone one day and made a remark that you could get into trouble playing the online games. I was only making a casual remark. They took it as I must have a gambling problem. My account was immediately blocked. I then contacted a supervisor who listened to the conversation and agreed with me that it was a miscommunication and had the block removed. I was told they have to take this type of comment seriously. It was an over the top reaction. The person that originally blocked the account was told more than once I was only kidding. She then proceeded with instructions for assistance if I had a gambling problem. I did not, due to my first time trying out online gaming or any gambling at all. I am a 68 year old female and never even bought a ticket. Almost immediately after the block was removed it seems another party reblocked my account. When I called back to find out what was going on, I was told the supervisor did not follow correct proceedures and therefore I would be required to wait for an email from the Director as to what his finale decision would be. It became a fiasco and remains to be. He insisted I contact a party in charge of people with gambling issues or there would be no reconsideration for reinstating my account. Even though I had nothing to confess, I followed his demanding request. I made the call. Because I did not seek unneeded assistance the Director called me and ask how much do you think you played.? He then forces me to tell him total. I threw out a figure. He then threatened me by stating if you are within a few hundred dollars give or take I will reconsider reinstating your account. He already knew what I spent? He had no right questioning period, none of anyone's business. Basically he assumed the amount I spent in his opinion over a 3month period was an indication to him I had a problem. Then because I did not give him an accurate amount he implied I was being dishonest. He sent an email saying I told you I could see this information and you still gave me the wrong figures. So now I am all of a sudden not trust worthy. I was treated miserably, I had to listen to one accusation after another. Talk about psychoanilzing an innocent. To make this a quick ending, he advises I am permanently blocking your account, based on various factors for your own protection. According to him 6 grand was too much. So what, I did not use my partners money or anyone elses. I have lost interest anyway. You dime you way through these games. Then if you increase your wagers you still waste you time and money, this I already knew It is so difficult to withdrawl your winnings that I kept on playing with them. They demand copy of bank statements, etc. I finally sent the stuff, no privacy . I did not feel safe in sending those. But my winnings would never have been released. I guess my deposits were not good enough and I met the challenge of the games. Was able to play on small wins for a long time. Perhaps that is part of the other factors. According to him I played thousands. I explained I had no idea I was playing on their dime for hours. I was playing for the fun of it. Never won anything significant. I told him I was not playing to win thousands. Did not interest me, was playing for fun period. After raising 6 sons and never having been able to spend much of anything. I decided to try something totally new. 68 years old on D day and he bans me for life. If you do decide to play, never make any comments because you will be considered a hopless gambler who refuses to admit they need to seek help. I contacted the other guy and he told me there was nothing he could do to help with getting the block removed. I tried to find out what could be done to get this mess resolved. He then psychoanalized me again. He wrote trying to contact someone to unlock your account does not make things look good for you. Unbelievable. What did he think anyone else would do to prove their innocence. I am in a quagmire - just like Trump only He has the means of buying his way out. I believe I am being discriminated against. This is insane. I just might take this to higher authority. Not for the privilede of being able to play, but for the principle of this mess. This is wrong. He was wrong period. If He read this He would say, see she is desperate to play. This is how over the top this Director is regarding me. I keep thinking this has nothing to do with me wanting to play. I just feel I should not have had my rights of playing removed due to false implications etc. If anyone can help me get my ball and chain removed, please let me know. Especially hate being misjudged and wrongfully accused, plus emotionally abused. This is a true story. After having 2 strokes back in 2016 - lucky to be alive - loss of fine motor skills in left hand - was a left handed artist, quilter. Sad enough . Not feeling sorry for me either. But what harm can a 68 year old do by having some fun ? I Hope I get some liget responses regarding this . Sure would hate to call Trump. May just do that to prove my point. This
    is b.s. zanitfox (nick name)

• Bo
    Bob173 6 2 Jun 11, 2019

Governor Tom Wolf has PA Lottery fixed to support his crack cocaine addiction. He steals around $983, 628, 129, 342, 189, 233.99 per day from the PA Lottery players. I hope he has one hell of a heart attack when he takes a big puff out of his crack pipe.

• Ju
    Judi Chamberlain Jun 19, 2019

Has anyone had a issue with Fast Play? My ticket had duplicated numbers in their numbers limiting the chances of a win. Totally unfair!

• Ka
    Karen Douchette Oct 15, 2019

I play online lottery. They give you bonus money if you play a certain game and deposit a certain amount of money. Well don't fall for it. I deposited money and won between my money and bonus 52 dollars. I waited three weeks to go to my account. I had to contact them to find out why taking so long. Well when I looked they only put 7 dollars into account. I wrote and said I wast account closed. They asked me why I told them how I was ripped of my winnings and guess what no answer they just closed it. Do not play online or fall for bonus money stipulations and you don't get your winnings

• Ka
    Karen Douchette Oct 16, 2019

Sorry it stated wrong I got all my winnings

crystal ferraro Nov 04, 2019

I think everyone should stay away from Ilottery. Just played close to 800.00 and not even a win more than 25.00. A total ripoff to say the least

• Anywhere there is large sums of money, there are criminals. The history of humanity is one long series of conspiracies. The only person worse than a conspiracy theorist is an idiot who thinks there is no such thing as a conspiracy.
    The PA lottery is either the absolute worst/unluckiest bet in the history of mankind or there is something seriously wrong.
    I do not have the time nor do I have the resources to properly investigate the PA lottery. If I did have the time and the resources, there is no doubt in my mind that many of the upper level employees of the PA lottery would be indicted and eventually convicted.
    Harrisburg is just as corrupt as Washington DC. What a shame there is nothing we the people can do about it.
    One last thing...anyone who singles out one individual by posting wild, rambling, unfounded accusations is a helps the corruption by changing the subject. The object and the subject is OVERSIGHT and ACCOUNTABILITY!!!

• Ph
    Pharoh Jan 02, 2020

What they are doing is criminal and needs to be stopped!!!

• Wh
    Whiterook Jan 18, 2020

I am having a similar issue. After playing small amounts here and there I decided to cash out $79. At least enough to get back half my money. Didnt see any action for days, was expecting the money so it caused other issues. Then they want proof of every account I ever used. Again, they sure didnt care about this when I was giving them money. I used a debit card and 3 credit cards in the past. It was never more than $25 an entry. 2 of the cards were lost since then so they need me to get a letter from the bank. Easy enough for one. The other is bank of america and the closest location is in Maryland. Still managed to get a letter from their customer service. I submit it. Comed back they need it signed! Are you kidding me? This is outright theft and a scam. They need to be shut down.

• Br
    Bradley J Trabosh Feb 03, 2020

after 3 weeksI called the ilottery today to see were my cash out money wasthey told me it was a problem with paypal and pa lotto
    THE STRANGE THING IS I left a cal back number and when they called back it was a NJ number
    Bordentown NJ 609 400 4461