Menu
At Home
reviews & complaints

At Home
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

63 complaints
17 resolved 46 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of At Home. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
B
12:21 pm EDT

At Home - Not honoring prices that's still posted on merchandise

I went in at 835pm to the Norcross, Ga location. Tags was still on the Baton Rouge chair on display. I took two pictures, one of the chair and the price tag. There was no inverntory below the display model. I went to the front and asked if there was more inventory of this chair, the associate said that what was on display was pretty much what they had. I asked if this was the display model and could I purchase it. She said it was but I could purchase it. She was talking on a walkie talkie to a gentleman. Another associate said let me, I said I really want to get two. That when she looked over to the front display and said I think that's it. I went over and it was 4 boxes. Another associate help me to load them on a cart, but when she rang them up the price was $249.99. I showed her the picture of the display a d the sale tag $174.99. She called a gentleman on the walkie talkie, who said they couldn't honor that price. Which I replied, that's what's on display and I should be able to purchase them at that price. He said no. I asked for the District Mgr nuimber.

he told her to give me Melissia number, who was the store mgr. I am a customer service mgr for over 30 years. The sale tag was still on the item, I should have been able to purchase the two chairs at that price. I am a loyal customer and had no way of knowing that the tag should have been removed.

The customer should not be punished for the error of the store. Please call or email me back with an answer as to how to proceed and getting my purchase at the price that was on the merchandise

Desired outcome: I still want to purchase the 2 chairs at the price that was on them.

11:41 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I was shopping in the Kennesaw store located at 2875 George Busbee Pkwy NW, Kennesaw Georgia. While shopping I walked around the store because I needed help with a mirror that showed was available at this location , however I could not find it on my own. As I walked around the store looking for someone to help me I finally find 3 workers sitting, laughing...

5:23 pm EDT

At Home - Wall mirror

I purchased a wall mirror for my hallway a few months ago. Last night (7/31/22) I heard a loud crash and the mirror had fallen off of the wall. The frame around it had crumbled and the hanging wire had pulled out of the frame which was made of some kind of plaster. Luckily there was no one near it when it fell or someone could have been hurt. If my grandchildren had been there it could have hurt them terribly. Broken glass everywhere, not to mention the table it crashed on and damaged before it hit the floor. I could not find my receipt although I was told it didn’t matter because it had been over 60 days and I would not get my money back or a store credit under any circumstances. It still has the $49 price tag on the back of it. I will never shop there again since they obviously sell inferior merchandise.

M
9:43 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Today At 4 o’clock almost,I was shopping from at home Troy, with my wife and 3 kids , and 10, 8 and 7 years old and unfortunately the store system were down, so we have to wait after we done shopping around and my kid went to use the bathroom and while I am waiting till the system is restored I heard the crazy worker Darren Howell Screaming as crazy on my...

9:54 am EDT

At Home - Returned Merchandise

Yesterday 04/28/2022 I tried to return some merchandise I had purchased about a month ago. I live about 25 miles away and with the price of gas I was not near the area where the only store is located in New Orleans, I charged it on my At home charge card and did have the receipt with me. The ladies said I could not bring it back without my credit card which I didn't have on me at the time. They wanted to give me a gift card to put the amount on but I felt since I had the receipt if they couldn't find my account number in your computer I should have been issued a cash refund or other steps should have been made to issue me a credit to my account. I questioned why could they look up my account number if i wanted to buy something but could not do the same when I tried to return it. I was very angry and insisted to speak to a manager when I was told she was the manager. I was so upset i took my merchandise and left the store. I was told it was store policy. They had to have my credit card. Even Walmart can credit your account with a receipt what's wrong with your company, I am not sure I will be purchasing any more products from your company in the future.

C
5:30 pm EDT

At Home - I live out of town and needed to return an item I bought in Lubbock, Texas.

I live in Amarillo Texas and I loved to shop qt At Home but no more. I went to return an item and wanted to purchase 2 other items that cost way more however I did not have my receipt. I am a member and it said my receipt was expired. We called the store mgr who I have had a previous experience with and both times she was extremely rude and flat did not care anout anything I had to say or the circumstances. She said simply sorry no can do it is past 30 days.

The product is still in the package and not damaged. I simply had not been able to get to lubbock to bring it back. If this is the customer service you teach and is considered acceptable I will spend my money else where.

Desired outcome: Store credit

View 0 more photos
V
3:47 pm EDT

At Home - Customer service

I placed an order for a framed painted white mirror. There were paint chips on the frame so I initiated a return. It took a week before they would send me a return label. The mirror was shipped back to them and received by them on Monday March 7th. It has been a week and a half and still do not have my refund and no one will answer my emails.

Order [protected]

Desired outcome: I want my refund including shipping asap

2:23 pm EST

At Home - wooden trays

I placed several orders for trays and was extremely overcharged on every order which should have never happened in the first place. I filed complaints with them and would receive one response and never heard back. Customer Service was horrible. They still owe me $22 in refunds from over charging me on shipping costs but they wont respond to my emails.

Desired outcome: I want my refund.

1:33 pm EST

At Home - 8x8 wooden trays

February 20th & February 21st I placed multiple orders online. My first order being an order of 22 trays which 20 got cancelled, second order being an order of 14 trays which 11 were cancelled, and my third order being an order of 6 trays and 5 were cancelled. Since they lied about my first order and said they only had 2 in stock when in reality they had 6 total, I am being overcharged on shipping all 3 times. This has doubled the price I agreed to pay per tray. Customer Service has been extremely rude to me. Not only are they charging double per tray but they also tried to charge me $9.95 EXTRA per order on shipping. Then turned around and only refunded me $9 for one of the orders. Couldnt even refund me the full $9.95. At Home is a big scam! They will not give you a phone number to a supervisor or anyone that you could actually call and speak to. instead they just tell you to email them back and forth.

These trays are $7.99 each. I am now paying $47.05 for 2.

$45.60 for 3 trays and $20.50 for 1 tray.

To top all of that off I also ordered 25 6x6 trays. Says 14 was delivered and i have only received 9 of those. Must be another scam for them to make money off of customers.

Honor the price that was agreed upon instead of breaking up an order 5 times just to overcharge someone. I have never dealt with such horrible customer service and business. I will never be shopping with this place again.

Desired outcome: 8x8 orders: I would like a refund for shipping costs. I agreed upon $9.91 per tray with shipping,tax and all. Instead i have paid around $18.86 per tray which is CRAP! 6x6 orders: I would like the missing 5 trays to be replaced!

K
12:10 pm EST

At Home - Paycheck

I was hired by Jay Wiech at the Rochester, MN location and I was told I would be paid salary of $50k. The following week I was sent to Omaha NE to start training. Once I arrived after two days I was told that my hiring paperwork wasn't complete and I needed to leave the store because I was a liability. I have called corporate office several times and when I ask Jay Wiech for any info he doesn't know anything. I spent my money and time and gas but Jay Wiech is full of crap. I want my money and I want it NOW. This company is not professional do not work for them employees are treated like sh#t.

Desired outcome: I want my paycheck

R
12:03 am EST

At Home - Pre-paid Online Order Never Filled

Purchased an pre-lit sleigh online BEFORE Black Friday madness. Was charged for the sled, received an email that my order was being prepared and I would get an email to come and pick it up. NEVER received that email. Looked on the site to see what was going on with my order and it showed my order, showed when I made the online purchase for pickup, but showed nothing else. I tried calling several stores, as the one that was supposed to fulfill the order wouldn't answer the phone. Got no one at any store, so sent 2 emails. Nothing! Used to have such a high opinion of this store, but not anymore. Awful!

Desired outcome: Would like to receive the item I purchased or something comparable. If it is impossible to fulfill, I want my $ and some sort of compensation.

7:28 pm EDT

At Home - Managements treatment of employees

I was going to the checkout with my purchases today the 30th of October and witnessed an employee being treated very unprofessionally by a manager and it was really upsetting to me as a customer who enjoys shopping there. Not sure if i will even come back as i feel this was completely wrong for management to do to the employee. There was other management nearby and allowed the mistreatment of the employee. I have never seen such blatant disrespect for a hardworking employee who was very nice and friendly .

Desired outcome: Would like it to be addressed and resolved

1:00 pm EDT

At Home - Smell of the store

I went into the summer Ave, memphis location of at home. I tried so hard to get away from the smell quickly by getting to the back of the store. It just kept getting stronger. It normally isn't as bad, and normally only at the front of the store. It can get bad at Christmas which is the peak shopping time and a real inconvenience since u can't use the at home credit card on your own website which is ridiculous. But anyways I had the worst asthma attack of my life before I was able to get out of your store. In a world where everyone is supposed to tolerate everybody's differences that they choose, what about the differences they don't choose? The medical problems. Asthmatics don't choose not to breathe and it's not fair to not be able to shop in a store because of it. DO BETTER. GET INTO THIS CENTURY. It's disgusting. Also when we called inside Stuart was disgustingly rude and told us to get over it and hung up. When we tried back he refused to let us speak to someone else and hung up on us.

Desired outcome: Stop the awful scents in the stores! Everything doesn't have to smell!!

P
5:12 pm EDT

At Home - mis information by store employee

I bought a mattress I asked before I bought it if I could return it the person who checked me out said no problem leave the wrapping on it. I took it home had it less than 24 hours never opened it brought it back they would not return it. Said they were sorry I was given incorrect information ! NOT OK I as the customer should not have to pay because a store employee told me something that was incorrect. I would not have bought the mattress if it was not returnable I never used it it is completely unopened NOT OK that I have to eat 100.00. WHY ASK THE EMPLOYEES ANYTHING IF THEY TELL YOU INCORECT INFORMATION AND YOU SUFFER AS A CUSTOMER. I HAVE MY RECEIPT
I should get a refund and they should train their employees better NOT OK

Desired outcome: I want a refund of my money

J

At Home - Edison led lites

We purchased 8 Edison led outdoor lites

Every week one set goes down
The labor involved in installing was over 8 hours and now they have to come down.

I don't have the box but i have the receipt.

I am so frustrated in the time spent and now they don't work. What a fraud of a product.

We installed as per the instructions.
They worked maybe a day.

Desired outcome: Fill refund at least. I should get store credit for the hassle too!

T
5:40 pm EDT

At Home - I am complaining about an item I returned and how it was managed.

I am a perks member and was informed that I fall under the 90 day return policy. I purchased a metal plant spray bottle for $9.99 two months ago. The first time I used the sprayer it sprayed rusted spots all over my plants. I rinsed the container out and I tried it again spraying this time in my sink, and again the sprayer produced rusted water. When I returned the container I did not have my receipt, but the sticker was still on the bottom of the container. I was returned $5.43 because the item was listed as a clearance item. I saved my receipt for my $300.00 purchase but of course threw my $10.00 away. I am disappointed that the @ Home store does not stand behind their products like Home Depot. It does not make business sense to create an unhappy costumer who spends hundreds of dollars, over a faulty ten dollar purchase. It is not sustainable. I spoke to Daniel who claimed to be the manager.

Desired outcome: I would like to be credited for the full price I paid for the faulty item.

View 0 more photos
1 comment
M
Sep 18, 2021 8:27 pm EDT

I can appreciate your frustration Tracy. But imagine if they would be willing to do what you ask. You could buy a bunch of these items at the $5.43 and return them for the $9.99. For that matter, why stop with these spray bottles? You could do it with anything and everything on clearance.

Unfortunately, if a company offers discounts and a consumer fails to keep their receipt, the only solution is to not offer a refund at all or discount the amount to the lowest discounted price.

B

At Home - Bar Stools

Hi my name is Maricela Sullo in July I purchased 4 bar stools at your At Home store in Elmhurst Illinois they turned out to be to big. I returned them but have since lost the return receipt. My At Home credit card was billed 390.59. Nobody can seem to help me nor will they take that charge off bc I have no proof of the return. I don't understand how they can not find the return on the register or go back on their cameras n see me returning the chairs on July 3, 2021. The girl said she would put the credit back on my card, she never did and never gave me money back, so my question is where is my money? Did she pocket it because it was not given back to me! I love your store n shop there often but I'm so mad n aggravated that no one can help me with this issue.
Maricela Sullo
[protected]

E
7:35 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Store manager Chris. Humiliated the woman that was working the register he yelled at her called her a liar in-front of about 15 customers saying she did, not telling him that her next customer was a family member but she did... Me and all the customers and her family was there and witness this behavior from a manger... I pray he doesn't treat everyone like that there...

K
11:22 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Coraopolis, PA store order. on 6-8-21 gave my daughter in law my credit card number to purchase 3 bar stools. 1st time said to reenter number still didnt go thru. My credit card company contacted me on second attempt to see if this was a fraud charge I told them that it was ok. Told her to try and put it thru again she said it said to try another form of...

4:44 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I was in the franklin store trying to get a price on a rug and I ask an old woman her name tag said shannon for help, and she informed me she did not have time to help every dam customer! Not only was I offended by her remarks, but she also smelled of cigarettes and was wearing her mask around her neck needless to say I will not be visiting that store...

At Home contacts