Having problems with LegalWise?

LegalWise Customer Service Contacts

+27 116 704 500 (Head Office)
+27 860 002 526 (Fraud Hotline)
Block B, Constantia Ridge Office Park, 764 Golf Club Terrace
Thu8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Fri8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Sat9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with LegalWise Customer Service. Initial LegalWise complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for LegalWise above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about LegalWise. Discuss the issues you have had with LegalWise and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Legalwise I am a Legalwise member but I could get legal help

I phoned Legalwise on the 14th of February seeking legal advice. I was told that a legal consultant would contact me in 48hrs. Till today, I have not heard from Legalwise. I even phoned Legalwuse and asked to speak to the person who was supposed to have called and I was told that he was busy on the phone, he would get back to me. Till today, I have not heard from Legalwise. Today is the 26th of February, I reported the matter on the 14th of February. What kind of service is this, all they are interested in is to deduct your money every month without fail, but do nothing for you when you need their services. This is broad daylight robbery, I feel rreally scammed by Legalwise!

Sep 11, 2019

Legalwise — legal service

No feedback on my cases!! I'm so frustrating with the service of legalwise. I have currently 2 cases with...

Legalwise the way they do things

On june I call legal wise and launch dispute about cell c contract I have with them after few day people from legal wise called and and tell me he will handle my dispute but even today I never got any feedback regarding my dispute I send the person whos handle dispute an email with regard to my matter he doesn't respond now I dont knw what is a way forward with regard to my matter because each and everyday im sure I lose the information they will need by taking long with the matter. It is not my first time having a problem like this the first one about a reckless landing of the car finance I got from absa the matter was with legal wise for almost 6 months and the time the were doing a follow up I was nolonger having a car I tradede it in so the way you hand thing is not professional is like playing ground tell us if you dont want to work with me the business your doing it has lot of compitates and they all ways ready to welcome new people.

Legalwise car

My husband joined legalwise in April and asked if they can help us with my case they agreed.

I've been coming here since May 10. They said that they've called them and sent a letter of demand but they never updated me not even once. Firstly it was Pamela, the other one then Miss Govender. They said that my matter is now handled by Mrs Or Miss Simon who is their attorney. She said we must wait for two weeks and I must come back On fr I day today the 19 the only to tell me that they can't help me I must get a private Lawyer after the whole 2 months of their empty promise s. To me it looks like they've been paid by Bestdrive boss not to continue with my case

Legalwise lack of legal assistance by lawyers

Legalwise can not do any legal work, such as sending Letters of Demand, calls to Plaintiffs, etc. All they do is refer you to Ombudsman of relevant case or send you documents which you have to fill in yourself to the NCC. They do not handle anything themselves and you must do all the work. I could have done this myself from the very start if I thought that anything would come of it. Legal wise takes your money every month, just to tell you that you must do what you were very well aware of from the start. It's all a money making scheme. No lawyers to assist and nothing to be done.

Legalwise — service rendered

I called in to this number ([protected]) at 18:49 on 29/10/2018 using cellphone number [protected] and I wa...

Legalwise legalwise encourage unfair and fraudulent dealings

Membership no.: 1301286
          Claim no.: PLC793614
          Reference no.: wf_[protected]

It was on 08/06/2018 when you sent me a repudiation letter for my case.
          I objected on 18/06/2018, which according to the letter you sent me, you were supposed to re-assess and give me feed back latest 30/06/2018. However, it's not end September 2018, but never received no feedback from you - nothing.

My case was:
          I bought the car from Levi Auto in Pretoria 30/06/2017. The dealer did not declare any issues with the car, but only declared they did roadworthy test - which I was ok with it.

However, the car gave me issues within one week of purchasing, and the dealer did not want to take responsibilities. You sent me from pillar to post even to Marais Parson Attorneys requesting copy of the contract together with a full report from RMI dealer costed me R2200 - which I provided all these. You and Marais Parson kept saying you are awaiting for court date and this took more than 6 months.

REPUDIATION:
          After so many months of waiting for court date, you conveniently repudiated my claim with a twist, immediately after I complained of not getting feedback from you, with you saying:

1) I do not have a case (despite you having said the dealer has admitted they did me wrong by not disclosing the car was involved in an accident)
          2) The dealer fixed the car but issues kept coming - which is a bloody lie because the dealer did want to take any responsibility and I took the car myself for repairs - hence contacted you for help.
          3) The Dealer did well by giving me a car that was involved in an accident because I have signed the contract. You say this despite the dealer only disclosed the car was never involved in an accident and roadworthy was done - which was in contravening the findings by the RMI dealer.
          4) It is ok for the dealer to enter into an unfair dealing with citizen by doing false declaration of the condition of the car and so the citizen (defendant) must fend for himself.

Now, 3 months down the line, you still have not given me any feedback of my objection and valid reason why you repudiated my case unfairly - but opted to ignore my last correspondence with you.

Legalwise service

Lack of feedback and Bad Customer Service

In April 2018 I visited the Legalwise branch in Florida, to discuss a legal matter with Belinda Mohale.
            I was told that action will be taken and my matter resolved accordingly.She since went on leave with no proper hand over.After numerous calls to legalwise with none of them returned, I was told on Friday the 07th September 2018 that my matter was with a different consultant.No resolution could be provided to me, instead it was a matter of passing the bugg.

Legalwise should have trained professional consultants in dealing with their clients

Legal Wise — bad service

Having been a loyal member of Legal wise for over 5 years, I thought I was legally covered. Legal wise do not...

Queenstown

Legalwise — car accident matter which happened 2013-may-08 not resolved

This matter goes back to 2013 May 08 not resolved even today. I must say this is worst poor and despicable...

Legalwise stop order don't stop but keep on deduction on my persal

I contacted legalwise in east London several times but the problem dont stop. If they dont stop why Legalwise dont take this union called popcru to court or you work together with cosatu unions? I also want all my money they deducted after i cancelled their membership. I hope by writing to you is the best option because i think of cancel legalwise but depends on this. Im Kali Thembelani [protected]

Legalwise — lack of response

Good day, I called your Legalwise office on Sunday 04/03/2018 as I have a legal matter which requires urgent...

Legalwise — poor level of service

My matter was reported to you on the 16 January and spoke to Natasha and was referred to Nkosi Tshabalala...

Legalwise — bad service

December 6, 2017: I sought help from LEGAL Wise RANDBURG branch, concerning my inability to take occupation...

Legalwise service

Hi I took out legalwise hoping to make my life easier for legal matters. I bought a plot in 2016 at a value of R60 000 but paid only R50 000 with a balance of R10 000 during the purchase I decided to cancel the purchase nd requested a refund however it was a huge struggle to get my money back and decided to write to you in February 2017. You wont believe if I tell you I had to fight and made my own means fighting to get my money back. Only end of May I received a response from you guys and at that point I was very pissed. It took you guys 3 months to get back to me after I have managed to resolve the matter myself. My matter was allocated to Babalwa Ntozini in Bellville Cape Town, I told her to escalate to her manager because I want my money back for all subscription taken from my bank because you failed me. I specifically asked her to cancel my legal cover in May last year but im not surprised you did not and you still taking my money after numerous requests to cancel. No manager contacted me, no refund, no cancellation was done and you still taking my money. I want you guys to cancel it refund all my money.
                My email bulelani.[protected]@webmail.co.za Bulelani Skulu

Legalwise office of acting deputy sheriff in sekhukhune district

Dear Legalwise

I have not got any correspondence with regards to my complain.
                  I have been a loyal client to your company for past several years. Now i am assistance but you are now where to be found.
                  I think i should terminate my monthly contribution with and look for the help out there.

I am a reachable on this addresses, [protected]@health.gov.za or frank.[protected]@gmail.com
                  Only if you are interested in helping me.

>>> Frank Makgata 2017/10/23 09:18 AM >>>

Dear Legalwise

I went to Sekhukhune Small Claim court on 20 October 2017, as stated on the summon.
                  When i got there i found that the sheriff did not delivered or served the defended with the summon.
                  When i ask why, they said they were busy serving the summons from magistrate court and those which brought by the lawyers. They said i must just go to Small claim court and amend the date. They said the personal summons are not treated as an urgent. The company is working every day and they are making more money every day. The sheriff told me that even they can be order to deliver they will do so in their sper time. even if they can be ordered to attached the property, those people do not own property. they only rent an office space in order for them to work.
                  They said i am just forget about this as they are busy with the requests from Magistrate court and the requests brought by the lawyers. I asked them to gave me whatever they were saying in writing but they refused.

Instead, they gave me the number for Acting Deputy Sheriff and the Manager if i want an affidavit.
                  These are their numbers; Acting Deputy Sheriff, Mr P Phiri, [protected] and the Manager, Ms Nthabiseng, [protected]

I have already spent more money on traveling than what i am claiming for.
                  I took a leave without pay to attend the court, this implies that two days i took as leave without pay will affect my pension fund and service bonus. I can not afford to loose another days like that.

Since you do not represent in small claim court, this implies that you do not have power to act as the lawyers.

I am left with no option but to have talks with other relevant bodies to assist me in this regards; they have the power to act, they care about their clients, they represent in every courts.
                  I will speak to Scorpion Legal Protection, Clientile Lawyers and Speak out.
                  I will explain to them each and every steps i took. Do not be surprise if you heard and see me on SABC Channel 2 when i mention your name. i will not take your calls as i will be busy talking to these companies.

I hope you will understand by anger and frustration.

>>> Frank Makgata 2017/10/02 12:41 PM >>>

The email dated 26/09/2017 has the reference;

It has been a while sending the below email and attachment no one seemed to attending it.
                  No call or any written document(s) has been correspondent to me.
                  I think i should take my service to any other legal expert to assist me.
                  Because our legalwise as our representative is not here by the of need.

I am left with no option but to approach Scorpion Legal Protection, perhaps they will assist me.
                  I will also have to stop contributing monthly as i do not see a point of paying it monthly, while when i need them i can not find them.

My court case is just around the corner and i have to see how i approach any other legal team.

Hope you will find this in order;

>>> Frank Makgata 2017/09/26 09:34 AM >>>

Dear Legalwise

I have a court case on the 20/10/2017 at Sekhukhune Magistrate Court.
                  I have opened the case of fraud against Bopedi Tombstone (Case No: 64/2/2017)
                  And i also went to magistrate court to open a case (Sekhukhune Small Claim Court, Case No: 179/2017)

On the 13 of June 2017, the Sheriff (Mr M P Phiri) went to deliver the letter of demand to Bopedi Tombstone.
                  The manager signed for it but failed to deliver within 14 days as stated on the letter. The 14 days ended on the 15 of July 2017.

They (Bopedi Tombstone) called me on the 23 of June 2017 saying they will deliver on the 02 of July 2017.
                  I had to take a leave to go home so that i can be able to receive my goods, but they have never came or deliver as promised. I also took a leave on the 14 of July 2017 thinking that they will meet the deadline of the 15 of July 2017.
                  They have not pitch up until today. I went then went to the Sheriff to collect a letter and submitted to the Small Claim Court on the 22 of September 2017. The small claim court gave me a date of 20 October 2017 at 08h00.

Please see the attached documentations from the court.

[protected]
                  [protected]

Legalwise poor service

Loged two complain and everytime they said they dont handle that kind of complains. Being with them for years. Very diaappointed and would never recommend someone to them.
                    On the website is say that they handle divorces, but they said they could noy help me. Last week i went there regaurding a protection order and they turned me away again. I was so upset.
                    How can they let a person pay and you dont know for what you pay.
                    There is like no help being with them and like i said been with them for years.

Legalwise unable to contact appointed attorney referred to by legalwise

I had left I don't know how many message for a attorney I was referred to by a consultant from Legal Wise Florida Gauteng. I am so disgusted by the way we are being treated as clients.

Mr THINA MAKHANI
                      LEGAL COUNSELOR
                      LegalWise Florida
                      __________________________________________________
                      Tel: +[protected] Fax: +[protected]
                      e-mail: [protected]@legalwise.co.za
                      Legalwise Building, Cnr Goldman Street and 2nd Avenue,
                      Florida 1709

We have referred your matter to the attorneys same day after you have sent us the signed form and they were supposed to have contacted you within 48 hours after our referral. The name of the attorneys is Radzilani Attorneys and can be contacted at [protected] for consultation.
                      Our apologies for the delay on this matter.

This was the response I got .

Should this complaint reach the correct person and any interested person that is interested kindly call me [protected] or [protected]

Legalwise — slow services - urgent matter

Good day I'm a member of LegalWise and really thougth services will be much faster. It's a week and I still...

Legalwise bad service

I have lodged numerous cases with LegalWise and no one has attended to even one case. Every time I go to the legalwise department at Tygervalley I'm told the systems are down or I'm made to wait for an advisor only to be told that the advisor is currently busy and cannot attend any appointments and she will give me a call back which they never called me back then the next day they sent an sms saying they've been trying to get a hold of me but I never received one call from them. I sent numerous emails to my legal advisor there has been no response and no action taken towards my case I've been sitting without a car for weeks because of a third party claim and all they need to do is a demand letter so this can be sorted out but they struggling with even drafting one up. What's the point of paying for a poor service, I'm definitely terminating my agreement as I feel this is a waste of time and money.