Having problems with AMC Theatres?

AMC Theatres Customer Service Contacts

+1 888 440 4262 (Assistance)
+1 877 262 4450 (Feedback)
+1 888 562 4262 (AMC Stubs Member)
+1 913 213 2000 (Theatre Support Center)
11500 Ash Street
Leawood, Kansas

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with AMC Theatres Customer Service. Initial AMC Theatres complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for AMC Theatres above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about AMC Theatres. Discuss the issues you have had with AMC Theatres and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

AMC Theatres Complaints & Reviews

AMC TheatresSecurity Issue

Website said Theater opened at 9 am. Went to box office and no one there. Sign posted to purchase tickets inside. I opened the door and went in and quickly realized no one was there. I proceeded to kiosk to get tickets and it kept saying error. I walked around the lobby area and thought maybe someone in the back near concessions. No one there!!! I had access to bottled water, soda, alcohol, candy, etc. Could have taken it all, but I am not a thief. I left the lobby and returned @ 10 am and still no one there. Door locked . Returned with my husband at movie time and asked the employees if anyone was working at 9 am and they said no employee was in the building until 1 pm. I was shocked. Even more surprised there was no alarm that went off when I walked in . Anyone could have come in there that morning and easily planted a bomb or hiding out and possibly attack an employee!! Apparently after I left the first time the door shut with enough force to lock it. Location was Westpoint Movies 10. Rome- Hilliard road. Hilliard Ohio. P.S. that door had been unlocked since Dec 27 th. We went to this theater on 12/31.

AMC TheatresDiscrimination

Not allowing a person with a medical diagnosis of rhett syndrome, look it up if you don't know the affects of it, into your theatre because of her diagnosis which enables her to not wear a mask is utterly wrong, discrimination especially since everyone escorting this person wore a mask and she was a non verbal young preteen in a wheel chair with immobility to certain limbs! Also, calling the police, the police to escort her out because of your policy!! Hearing of such an instance, I will be refusing to give any business as well as sharing with others to not support such a business until your rules are changed and employees trained to know that people have medical exemption, and some people can't wear a mask. Also, reading some other comments as to how your employees treat a paying customers is disgusting. Just another reason to not give our business to such a company.

AMC TheatresCustomer service/ threats/ harassment

I took my son and nephew to see a movie on 12/19 and the guy behind the counter told me I had to remove my American flag as it was racist. I spoke to the manager and she took the time to explain that my mask Didn't have ear hooks. I did as she asked. As we were leaving the rep was standing at the exit and said "you are welcome" as I passed. He then said yea and leave as I was walking away. I then turned and went back to explain that he should be thankful for paying, working Americans with real jobs and he then said my nephew was sexy. I told him he was a minor and said "well". The gentleman was black with crossed eyes. I have never been so insulted. It is the reason. The theatre is soon to be closing. I am
      Inquiring about filing a criminal complaint.

Oct 22, 2020

AMC Theatres — Theatre experience

On October 16th at 6:50 PM I went to the AMC Castleton theatre to see the movie Tenant. When my friend and I...

Oct 03, 2020

AMC Theatres — Coke freestyle machines

This past week, I made my first visit to the AMC Theatre in Paramus, NJ since they had been shut down for the...

AMC TheatresCrew conduct

Around 6pm on 9/26 at the AMC Deer Valley 17 location in Phoenix, AZ...a female employee working at box office was heard "venting" her displeasure over the radio about certain guests not wanting to comply with the mask policy. Also overheard that these particular guests were seeing the film "Infidel, " and that "we all know what type of people they are."

I find this type of behavior very unprofessional in a business environment. People in the U.S. are entitled to their beliefs, views & opinions, and should not be subjected to this type of suppression.

If someone doesn't agree with someone's views, in front of patrons is not the place to do it. AMC leads need to do a better job of training crew about professionalism in the work place

AMC TheatresCleanliness of theatres

Email from AMC CEO about theatre cleanliness for Coronavirus is pathetic. We go to the movies often. Specifically AMC Garden State 16 mall in NJ. The cloth seats and arm rests have not been cleaned in years. Stained, disgusting. They should be steam cleaning the seats 2 times a week. There is 1 inch of dust on the speakers. Gum and stains on the carpets. Never hot water, soap, paper towels, toilet paper in the bathrooms. They wonder why ticket sales are down for the past 2 years. Start Cleaning!

Mar 11, 2020

AMC Theatres — Movie tickets

My son is 15 years old he took a friend to the theater on Friday March 6th 2020 at AMC Braintree cinema on...

Mar 06, 2020

AMC Theatres — movie experience

wife and I purchased tickets 3/6/2020 for the 5:30 pm showing of Invisible Man. we were seated in E5 and E6...

Mar 03, 2020

AMC Theatres — Purchasing tickets

I do not like writing a complaint but the bizarre handling of us buying tickets this afternoon to see Call of...

AMC TheatresTicket Kiosk

Showed up to purchase a ticket for a movie. I purchase a seat and soon after, asked to pay for the ticket, which was 19.03 with tax. I pay $20, and after I press Checkout, I get a warning message displaying "Your ticket could not be processed at this time." I don't get my ticket nor my receipt. All I get is .97 worth of change back. I ask Guest Relations for help, and I get told that the seat is still available and wasn't purchased. Staff comes by soon after and decides to check cameras after I explained my situation. I wait about 30 min and I get no help. Staff comes by later on to say to me that they didn't see me pay and payment wasn't registered. So basically, I paid $20 for nothing.

Feb 20, 2020

AMC Theatres — Gift Cards

I had $200 worth of gift cards and on the back it said they never expire. I went to the theater and the card...

Feb 12, 2020

AMC Theatres — ticket purchases and snacks very disorganized and difficult.

I went to the theater on tues feb 11, 2020. You could not purchase tickets outside. The computer ticket...

AMC Theatreslisting of movies is deceiving and no one answers the phone to answer any questions! every customer is not computer savvy to go online for answers

I saw the trailers of movies Chappak and Punta at the AMC west Chester, Cincinnati, Ohio and waited for their release ! The movies were released on the dates ! On AMC website, movies were showing as now playing but when you try to purchase the tickets, no showtimes were available? Why showing trailers and showing on my AMC app as showing now and I am unable to purchase tickets ? So ridiculous and when you call the telephone to the theater, get recordings and no one answers and phone hangs up ! Where is your customer service ! No concept !! So fed up ! Geeta Chohan ! [protected]@yahoo.com! Need answers or I am going to Social media

Jan 27, 2020

AMC Theatres — online ticketing (autocommit)

Had plenty of money on a gift card to see a movie and something happened during the transaction. Tickets were...

Jan 19, 2020

AMC Theatres — amc a-list

I received and email stating that the primary email to my account ([protected]) has changed and called...

Jan 17, 2020

AMC Theatres — auditorium lamps, marqee lights, tempature control, imax sound synch bad, children posing managers.

Dates: There is a range of dates these issues have been over the last several months. Honestly dating back to...

Jan 13, 2020

AMC Theatres — cleanliness

My fiancé and friends went to see the movie (1917) lastnight and had a few issues in this location. First the...

Jan 05, 2020

AMC Theatres — amc a list

My family and I go to our local AMC several times a month with the AMC A List. On January 5th we went to see...

Jan 04, 2020

AMC Theatres — outside drink

I'm an A list member. I attend movies at least twice a month with my grandchildren. I always take my...