Menu

complaints

Vestiaire Collective Complaints Summary

11 Resolved
265 Unresolved
Our verdict: If considering services from Vestiaire Collective with a critical resolution rate, extra caution is advised. Examine detailed customer feedback to understand the severity and nature of unresolved issues. Be prepared for the possibility of unsatisfactory responses and have contingency plans, including seeking assistance from consumer advocacy groups if necessary.
File a complaint
Claimed
Vestiaire Collective has claimed their business profile
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Vestiaire Collective. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages

Vestiaire Collective complaints 276

Sort by:

Newest Vestiaire Collective complaints

A
3:44 pm EST

Vestiaire Collective Service

I sent an item on a prepaid delivery note with Royal Mail tracking number XF838638633GB, usually as soon as the item is sent it’s updated as shipped on the sale made but on this occasion it didn’t show as shipped. I contacted customer service online and they asked me to check back in 48 hours in the mean time on 9th February the item showed as delivered to Vestiare at the Uk site in Crawley but still nothing updated. Since I have been in contact with customer service and they are not providing an update, I am very concerned as I sent this item that I’m expecting £290 for but on the system it shows as I haven’t shipped and it states if not shipped by the 13th the order will be cancelled. Vestiare are not processing any explanation and now have said I didn’t send on the prepaid shipping note provided and that’s why it’s taking a while to update. However that is not the case I have provided a receipt to show I used their prepaid shipping note.

Desired outcome: I would like my money of £290 for the item I sold or my item back.

Confidential Information Hidden: This section contains confidential information visible to verified Vestiaire Collective representatives only. If you are affiliated with Vestiaire Collective, please claim your business to access these details.

K
6:02 am EST

Vestiaire Collective [protected] order number

I purchased this item from Vestiaire on Jan 31 2024

Since then I learned that seller has sent the item to VC

I chatted with Liam cust service VC and he did not respond back as to when will the order arrive or whether it was received by Vestiaire

It is impossible to email Vestiaire- emails get returned

I need to know what happened to order I paid for

Desired outcome: True response and communication from Vestiaire Collective : where is the order?why am I denied response?why can’t I email or speak to someone at Vestiaire??

9:07 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On 21 Jan 2024, I received the email said the my Hermes bag was bought at HKD 113,110 (after commission is HKD 98,310) On 22 Jan 2024, I shipped my bag to VC via DHL.0N 24 Jan 2024, my bag passed VC checking and complaint, and I also FOUND that they change the final sold price from HKD 113,110 to HKD 86,652,83. I instantly sent message to their...

Read full review of Vestiaire Collective

Is Vestiaire Collective legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals Vestiaire Collective as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 3% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, Vestiaire Collective stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering Vestiaire Collective should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

Vestiaire Collective earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Vestiaire Collective achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for Vestiaire Collective. The company provides a physical address, 9 phone numbers, and 2 emails, as well as 5 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

Vestiaire Collective has received positive review on our site. This is a good sign and indicates a safe and reliable experience for customers who choose to work with the company.

The age of Vestiaire Collective's domain suggests that they have had sufficient time to establish a reputation as a reliable source of information and services. This can provide reassurance to potential customers seeking quality products or services.

Vestiairecollective.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows Vestiaire Collective website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Vestiairecollective.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

We looked up Vestiaire Collective and found that the website is receiving a high amount of traffic. This could be a sign of a popular and trustworthy website, but it is still important to exercise caution and verify the legitimacy of the site before sharing any personal or financial information

Vestiairecollective.com appears to have online shopping features, it's important to know that the platform supports an extensive range of payment methods, making it convenient and easy to complete your transaction. The payment procedure on the website is also relatively simple and straightforward, ensuring a smooth and hassle-free experience for buyers.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• While Vestiaire Collective has a high level of trust, our investigation has revealed that the company's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. As a result, only 3% of 276 complaints are resolved. The support team may have poor customer service skills, lack of training, or not be well-equipped to handle customer complaints.
  • Vestiaire Collective protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
  • Our research indicates that Vestiaire Collective is associated with high-end brands, a sign of commitment to quality. We encourage you to read through the reviews and complaints to gain a more comprehensive understanding of their offerings and customer experiences.
W
8:53 pm EST

Vestiaire Collective Product / service

I sold a dolce & gabbana dress through vestiaire, it got to their warehouse, and they denied it because of a tiny pulled thread, they asked if I wanted the dress to stay in their warehouse, and I agreed, they didn't reelist my item on my page so it was still labeled as sold. I requested from one of their "customer service" agents to send me back my dress, they inform me that it would have shipped in 7 days and all was well. Until I receive an email now that says that my package has been lost, and that I need to provide written statements from my neighbors and family members, as well as ID and an invoice (they never sent me one) absolutely pathetic and unbelievable.

Claimed loss: 500£

Desired outcome: full cost of dress, no percentage goes to the company.

S
12:51 am EST

Vestiaire Collective Product

I ordered a product, Received a product with flaws, they decided not to refund me when I send it back, instead they have listed the product under my name.

I want my full refund, I have already sent the pictures before I sent the product back snd they have advised me to send it.

1- the sold me a product with false advertising and wrong pictures.

2- they advised to send send it back so they would make sure themselves

3- instead of a refund, they have listed the product under my name, without my knowledge, and even with a much less price than I spent on

I WANT A FULL REFUND

Desired outcome: €1379.81

N
9:00 am EST

Vestiaire Collective I have not been paid for my bag

I sent out my Dolce and Gabbana bag on the 3rd January. It was collected on the 8th and I was told I would be paid on the 12th. I have tried contacting customer service via chat and email and am being fobbed of with generic messages. I am owed money and Vestiaire is behaving in a despicable way. Intermittent customer service, no ubdate, appalling. I will not go away only take legal action and report to the authorities.

Claimed loss: £102.66p

Desired outcome: My money!! I don't expect an apology from the attitude I have received so far.

L
7:26 am EST

Vestiaire Collective Undeliverable item return shipment charges

Item number [protected], courier company UPS , several delivery attempts , buyer did not collect the item , item was send back to me, UPS invoiced me for undeliverable item, Vestiaire is refusing to reimburse me for returned shipment.

As a seller I have fulfilled my contractual obligations, item was dispatched within specified period of time, prepaid label provided by Vestiaire collective was used , and somehow they made me responsible for the buyer wrongdoing. This is unacceptable , as a seller I feel unprotected .

Customer service is untrained, unprofessional and inconsistent if resolving the issues. Exactly the same issue was back in November, but with a different item, and back then they refunded the return shipment cost. But now they are saying that they do not have such option. Show on you Vestiarie Collective , t provide a proper training to your staff and stop abusing your sellers

Claimed loss: 21 euro

Desired outcome: Full refund for undeliverable item , 21 euro

R
10:48 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I live in Northern Ireland which after Brexit is still in the single EU market for free trade of goods within the EU. Prior to making a purchase, in an online chat with this company (13th Sept 2023) they confirmed that when I make a purchase and import duties are charged I am to contact them through their email system to request the refund of import...

B
1:31 pm EST

Vestiaire Collective Treatment of sellers

This is just one complaint. I hate many. They have issues with being honest. They have added a "buyer's service fee" that they claim to go to the seller. So far I've received 0.00. on 12 sales since the new charges. Not to mention that they state in the guidelines 10% fee.then in the next paragraph it's 12 plus 3 dollars on 100. They also hold the money for 3 days for customer evaluation but don't offer a way to let customers accept delivery earlier. Then, mostly after 3 or 4 days they process the payment and send it to us in about 6 days. Why do we have to wait for evaluation? Returns are not accepted for private sellers? Why do they get to just pay when they feel like it?

Desired outcome: Try being honest.

5:42 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I listed a ring on Vestiaire for sale. This was a gift from my parents 20 years ago. The ring was listed as size 51. On receipt, the buyer requested to cancel the sale, as he was expecting the ring to be size 52. Unfortunately, he did not read the listing properly as the size was clearly stated in the 'details' section of the listing. Despite thi...

C
2:06 pm EST

Vestiaire Collective Trying to get a refund for a product not delivered

We sent swimsuit to buyer late September. Parcel no.[protected]. The buyer did not pick up the item and Vestiaire told me they would send back the product to me. They then refunded the buyer. I did not receive the item. When they gave me a tracking number to track the product return (XJ325466026J) - the tracking site stated "not recognised". When I emailed Vestiaire (4 times!) they responded (likely AI) and sent me a Chronopost form to complete. I response stating I could sign the"non-receipt" part of the form but I could not complete the name, email address and tel of the original buyer as the App does not allow me to go back more than 1 month.

I stated this in 2 response emails and just got the same standard response attaching the Chronopost form. I tried to call customer service number (US number) and was just told by recording, to write an email. More than 2 months and I have received neither product or refund. Not sure what to do now.

Desired outcome: A refund or the item returned

L
1:59 pm EST

Vestiaire Collective Selling

Vestiaire Collective cancelled my sale stating that item was counterfeit. When I asked for any proof they only provided report from random person in their warehouse. They also asked my to prior the get my item back I have to pay them £15 for nothing. They provided bank details but when I was trying to pay them?! Both of my banks couldn’t verify bank details provided which looks like a scam. I reached the customer service to ask for correct bank details as I want to get my item back. Now they are silent, they don’t won’t to return my item and completely ignoring me. They changed their T&C when’re they included £15 charge for cancelled sales and haven’t notified users about changes so I didn’t even have a chance to agree or disagree to changes. I feel robbed by them. It’s unacceptable and I want my item or money back. Please help.

Claimed loss: £250

Desired outcome: £250 or my item

10:04 am EST

Vestiaire Collective Terrible company, worst Marketplace,

Hi

Sold 2 items over 3 weeks ago and still have not got my money

this is copy of email sent to customer service, but no reply

Hi

when am i going to get my money, i,m out of $452.39, it has been 3 weeks , what kind of business are you running, stealing from sellers,

this would never happen with Ebay or Poshmark

I WANT MY EARNINGS NOW

Ref # [protected], $214.29

Ref # [protected], $238.10

PLEASE RELEASE MY EARNINGS NOW

Desired outcome: I need to get my earnings released

C
7:53 am EST

Vestiaire Collective Payment not received

I put a dress for sale on Vestiaire and a lady called Vic bought the dress paying 171.43 on 12 November.

Since then I have sent many messages but they refuse to pay this money to me. They say I never shipped it but I have proof of delivery AND confirmation from the buyer that they paid when they ordered it.

I feel like I have been subject to fraud as they now have removed my dress from the website saying the sale is cancelled .

Claimed loss: 171.43 less their fee

Desired outcome: Just pay the money that the buyer sent to them

Update by Carole barton
Nov 23, 2023 7:53 am EST

Do not trust this Vestiaire as they keep your money from the sale

O
1:35 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On 11/11/2023. I placed a bid for an item, which later the seller accepted the bid. It stated then that I had 24 or 48 hours, I don't remember which to make the purchase. While I was paying for the item not even an hour later, I get the message that the item had been sold. I contacted the seller letting him know that he has done that wrong and that he had...

Z
6:58 pm EST

Vestiaire Collective Multiple dresses/ jacket/ coat

I’ve sold my item#[protected] Ganni jacket at £125, #[protected] a Reformation trench coat at £178 #[protected] Ulla Johnson silk dress at £230 using the compulsory shipping label Vestiaire generated I never get paid nor got my items back, they refuse to communicate and keeping ignoring my requests and messages, I sent my items #[protected] Christopher Esber silk dress at £549, #[protected] Aje purple horizon dress at £221, #[protected] Aje black linen dress at £296, #[protected] Aje blue linen dress at £250, Ref #[protected] at £238.1 #[protected] at £189 all been successfully delivered and none issues raised never got paid or item returned

Claimed loss: £2500

Desired outcome: Refund or my items back

Update by z l
Nov 08, 2023 6:59 pm EST

Shame on this company

B
1:45 pm EST

Vestiaire Collective Unresponsive in customer support

VC claims to have 24/7 support but you can only chat with them and when you do, they don't respond. In addition, you are unable to open a new chat/issue until the current one is closed.

The mailing service lost my package. I am trying to get a hold of someone at VC to open an investigation on the issue. In the support chat, they told me to provide all my personal information and proof of mailing and drop off receipt. I respond with all of this information (immediately) and asked them to review to make sure they have everything they need to open an investigation. The support then goes silent, despite several requests and messages. No word.

I have had other issues with seller support at VC. I do not have confidence that they care about the sellers once they have received their money.

Claimed loss: I have lost the value of the item. I could have sold it on another platform by this time.

Desired outcome: Acknowledgement of my complaint and compliance with seller support as per the VC website is expected.

4:46 am EDT

Vestiaire Collective Delivery of handbag

I placed an order for a Gucci bag. The item was due to be delivered on Saturday 28th October 2023. The item did not arrive. I checked the shipping data with DPD and it stated it was at their hub. I then contacted Vestiaire to open an investigation. They requested a written statement, copy of my passport. I have sent them these details. They now state that the bag is with DPD and I should collect it. But they have provided no details of how or where to collect it. No reason for not delivering even though I paid for delivery. No apology for not completing the service.

Claimed loss: £188.50

Desired outcome: Delivery of the bag or a full refund

K
5:01 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I decided to use vestiaire as I was lead to believe this was a trustworthy site, how wrong was I. I saw a Gucci marmont bag for sale. In good used condition. Described as with box and dustbag, no receipt. I decided to purchase the bag, and for added peice of mind I paid a fee to Vestiaire for this to be authenticated. The bag arrived on the 18th October...

G
5:23 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I purchased a jacket on Vestiaire Collective and paid an additional £15 for quality and authentication checks. The item arrived and I did not feel matched the description. I returned the item to Vestiaire. They did not uphold my complaint but retained the jacket. I then listed the item for sale to take advantage of not having to pay sellers fees and the...

Overview of Vestiaire Collective customer experience

Vestiaire Collective, the online luxury fashion marketplace, has been receiving a lot of negative feedback from its customers. The most common complaints include poor customer service, slow shipping, and inaccurate product descriptions. Many customers have reported receiving items that were not as described or were in poor condition. Additionally, some customers have had difficulty returning items and receiving refunds. Overall, Vestiaire Collective seems to have a lot of work to do in order to improve its customer experience and reputation.
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Vestiaire Collective contacts