Complaints & Reviews

JPS Blue Crush Balls

Opened a packet of cigarettes to find a cigarette with holes in the paper and the end was missing a big chunk also the filter end of the cigarette had a hole making it impossible to smoke. I've never had a problem with this brand but this is disappointing. Considering we are in the midst of a global pandemic I am reluctant to leave my house and purchase more. Your attention to this matter would be greatly appreciated.

JPS Blue Crush Balls

• Imperial Tobacco Australia's response · Mar 29, 2020

At Imperial Tobacco Australia we take consumers’ concerns about the quality of our products particularly seriously. We see from what you have written above that you have had a less than ideal experience with one of our products. We invite you to contact our Customer Response Centre on 1800 677 953 to have your experience recorded so that any production problem can be identified and dealt with swiftly and appropriately.

Parker n Simpson Blue -20s + 40s — Damaged cigarettes

In both packs damaged ciggies up to 6 cigarettes in each had holes in them- bought from local IGA and Coles-

Damaged cigarettes
Damaged cigarettes

• Imperial Tobacco Australia's response · Mar 22, 2020

White Ox 25g Tobacco pouch — Underweight by over 2 grams nett

Purchased White Ox 25g pouch CTC Mortdale 21 March 2020. Supposedly a premium product with price to match.
Pouch felt uncompacted and could easily fold pouch in two. When home, but BEFORE removed cellophane outer packaging I weighed it on highly accurate scales netting it off against the previous empty main pouch I had purchased 2 days previous (exactly identical pouches...same label warnings etc). Result..over 1 gram short ..but with with weight of cellophane outer factored in...short over 2 grams of actual (highly priced) tobacco.
Outrageous!
Phoned the retailer immediately and the arrogant response was basically..."too bad...we don't manufacture it, call the number on the pack.'
Not good enough CTC or Imperial Tobacco. . No refund was offered and the call was abruptly terminated by the retailer.
That response basically ignores consumer rights in Australia and confirms that this product is being knowingly sold underweight.
I assume Imperial Tobacco is aware of this issue & thus is engaged in knowingly ripping off their rusted on/addicted customer. How long have you been ripping off me/us in this way???
Get back to me on this promptly please. My next stop is the consumer protection authorities in Australia, then social media and/or every smoker I come across in the next decade or two...
Concerned
Russell

• Imperial Tobacco Australia's response · Mar 22, 2020

champion ruby legendary ruby — bad taste

champion ruby bad taste, dry in pouch was unopened when i got it ... causes a sore throat ... black tobacco ...smoked champion for ten years this isnt the only pouch that has been terrible in the last year ...

Parker and Simpson 15 gram pouch — Found tobacco leaf in my tobacco pouch

I have gotten half a tobacco leave at the size of 4cm and Id like to get some sort of compensation out of it as I know it's not meant to be in there, my email address is [protected]@gmail.com if you could reply to this as soon as possible that would be appreciated, if there's no response on the email address my phone number is [protected], thanks.

Found tobacco leaf in my tobacco pouch

• Imperial Tobacco Australia's response · Mar 17, 2020

JPS tobacco — Poor quality

Tobacco is an expensive product, despite health and governmental perspectives around smoking, this should not constitute poor quality.

JPS tobacco is extremely dry and flaky, so it burns at a fast pace and can be quite difficult to roll.

Where a 25gm pouch would often last a period of 4 days, a packet of JPS has only lasted for 2days. It's burns so quickly that you are left feeling you have only had half the rolled cigarette and therefore will often follow with another

Poor quality

• Imperial Tobacco Australia's response · Mar 16, 2020

Riverstone rum 25g pouch

Found a bunch of plastic like material shredded though the pouch. A couple of the smokes I have rolled have tasted horrible and we're really harsh. Not sure what it is but it is definitely not tabacoo. It is all through the pouch. I love this brand so hopefully this can be resolved.

Riverstone rum 25g pouch

• Imperial Tobacco Australia's response · Mar 15, 2020

Parker and Simpson 25g blue

I discovered a large chunk of hard black material in my tobacco. I have taken pictures of it. It's about 12mm long and 5mm wide, it has a ribbed texture on outer surface. It appears to be from inside a pipe and it is the largest chunk of black stuff I have found in tobacco. I think I may have smoked some of the smaller pieces before I discovered this large piece. I did not suffer any adverse reactions to it but I am not pleased with it.

• Imperial Tobacco Australia's response · Mar 15, 2020

Jps eternal red

I enjoy smoking it but just alot of woody bits in it. Would like this matter attend to as soon as possible. Don't really want to change. Enjoy it very much. Why is there alot of woody bits in the packet. Can this rectified.

Jps eternal red

• Imperial Tobacco Australia's response · Mar 10, 2020

• Imperial Tobacco Australia's response · Mar 10, 2020

Capstan makers blend

Hi there, I'm not one to usually bother with this but tobacco is just to pricey not to unfortunately. Between myself and mum we smoke at least 4 25g a month and within the last 2 months... three have had such an off smell and the taste was so horrible, I've thrown them out they were that bad. I love capstan and don't wanna switch to anything but I can't keep throwing my money in the bin.

• Imperial Tobacco Australia's response · Mar 01, 2020

papers

Hello I am witting in about the papers I have been buying are not sticking and unrolling apart while smoking, $1.60 I paid from Caltex service station for one packet, expensive but that is not the real issue here, annoying to have to mend you're cigarette paper, can't enjoy the smoke, is more frustrating then anything, i have changed papers for now

• Imperial Tobacco Australia's response · Feb 25, 2020

Long beach menthol cigarettes

Hello I bought this packet of cigarettes and I've attached photos of the damaged cigarettes that make it impossible to smoke normally. The first few times I just figured one in the odd here and then but now it's more often and more in each packet. I look forward to hearing from you soon to resolve this situation that keeps repeating. Thanks for your time.

Champion Ruby 15g

L9130 0739
I bought a pouch of this tobacco at 7-Eleven in Glen Waverley Victoria and am very disappointed with the quality of the tobacco as it tastes like menthol for some reason.
I bought it on the 21st of February 2020. And for $30 I am very disappointed and can't even smoke it. I have smoke Champion Ruby for many years and this will be the last time that I buy it.

7 eleven Glen Waverley

Champion ruby 25g

Hi I purchased a 25g champion ruby and it was really dry and harsh to smoke, this is the 3rd packet in 3 weeks I have had like this, it is un smoke able as it hurts your throat, a bit disappointing at $50 a pack, what can I do about this as its too much money to be wasting, was purchased from puma petrol station in Kingsway in Perth, very disappointing

JPS25mg tobacco

Cigarettes I bought the other day from the local supermarket had a big stick inside them I don't want to pay for the weight when there's big sticks inside the packets.
Not very happy about this what's happening on multiple occasions. I buy them for the IGA in Towerhill Road in Frankston South Victoria Australia
I would like to continue to buy your cigarettes but at this moment maybe change your quality control.
Not after any money, just a little bit disappointed I thought id let you know so hopefully you can improve. Bringing to your attention...
Thank you.

25mg tobacco

tally ho papers

Every single cigarette I roll comes unstuck, EVERY SINGLE One. For the last 2 years. Stupidly I keep having faith in the product and thinking I just must be (increasingly) unlucky but enough u is enough. I'm constantly re rolling, trying to lick the paper closed again. I've tried minimum saliva, lots of saliva, nothing makes a difference. It's extremely frustrating and disappointing. I would say out of the last 300 smokes rolled in the preceding 2 weeks, 25 stuck as advertised, 150 could be some what salvageable with saliva saturation. The rest fell apart. I know it doesn't cost much but it adds up. ACCC clearly states a product should perform as advertised. I buy a packet every 2 days. Unless I get some recourse I'm going to start an extensive social media campaign exposing tally ho, and will engage my lawyer I have on a retainer to pursue this through ACCC on my behalf

• Imperial Tobacco Australia's response · Feb 11, 2020

[Resolved] champion legendary ruby 40g tobacco

The 40g champion legendary ruby tobacco that I purchased is not like it usually is, it is crumbly and there is large pieces of "bark" and sticks through out the whole pouch of tobacco. This is not just one piece this is many pieces and there has been many more pieces then what is pictured only I have chucked them out because that was when I first opened the packet and didn't expect to find as much as I have. The tobacco it self is very crumbly and half the packet was crumbs when usually is isn't crumbs until the very last bit.

champion legendary ruby 40g tobacco
champion legendary ruby 40g tobacco

• Imperial Tobacco Australia's response · Feb 09, 2020

[Resolved] drum classic blue 30g

I brought a packet of drum 30g tobacco from my local tobacco shop, it was so under weight it felt like 15g instead of 30g I use to smoke jps tobacco but it is so dry and under weight all the time or it is wet to give it weight and gives you a sore thought maybe because it is loaded with chemicals and it comes from thailand hey, so I thought I would pay a little more for better quality, I was wrong again stop ripping us off while we make you rich with the big prices we have to pay for it now, it is a ripp off, I suppose you all are liberal voters you made your millions off of all of us already, I have been trying to call you for days now on your 1800 number but it is always engaged so I suppose I am not the only one that is pissed off change your ways everyone should just grow there own I reckon organic is better for you yours sincerely pissed off customer

• Imperial Tobacco Australia's response · Feb 04, 2020

[Resolved] tally-ho 5 pack and champion legendary ruby 50g pouch

Tally-ho keep unsticking wasting most of the woody packet 50g packet, I have since change brands and will not have purchase product that have you logo any more as it has really...

jps eternal red 25g

Hello i am writing to complain about the pouch of jps tobacco i bought a few days ago. I have found quite a few of woody bark chunks in the pouch, including one the length of my pinkie finger and i have not even smoked a quarter of the pouch yet.
I like using your product but i am not happy about your product recently. I am seriously considering changing brands after this pouch.

[Resolved] white ox 50g pouch

Hi,

I bought 2 pouches of white ox (50g) and both were so dry, to the point of it just deteriorated in your hand, the first one I bought I thought I might have just gotten a dodgy batch, which was annoying but I let it slide, but the next one I bought the day after, since I had to throw the first one out, was exactly the same. It's super disappointing, especially since they are $90 each. So I've had to throw $180 in the bin in 2 days, it's quite aggravating to have to waste that kind of money, and it's shame because I've smoked white ox for years now and it's great. And it would be a shame to switch brands, and I don't want to, But if this is the quality that passes now, it's really not good enough. If you would like to contact me you can do so at a [protected]@outlook.com

Thank you.

white ox 50g pouch
white ox 50g pouch

• Imperial Tobacco Australia's response · Jan 29, 2020

[Resolved] 2 pouches of 15g of parker and simpson blue

Hello I am complaining about the two pouches I bought over the long weekend that they were both dry and had a lot of sticks in them I don't think it was fair I am very upset as usually this brand has very little I was willing to let one go but both has upset me I wish for contact as This is not especially the prices we pay these days my number is +[protected] thankyou natasha

2 pouches of 15g of parker and simpson blue
2 pouches of 15g of parker and simpson blue

• Imperial Tobacco Australia's response · Jan 28, 2020

At Imperial Tobacco Australia we take consumers’ concerns about the quality of our products particularly seriously. We see from what you have written above that you have had a less than ideal experience with one of our products. As we have attempted to contact you using the information provided above, we invite you to contact our Customer Response Centre on 1800 677 953 to have your experience recorded so that any production problem can be identified and dealt with swiftly and appropriately.

• Resolution Statement

[Resolved] champion ruby rolling tobacco

To whom in may concern.. I enjoy champion ruby gor its smooth taste but latley in my last 12 packets I been getting alot of bark like strands that are un-smokeable and for the price they cost I think there should be more quality control in place for the consumer I have attached a pick of the bark that that was sitting on top of a brand new pouch bout this morning. Please take more pride in. Your product

Thanks for taking your time to read
Sincerely
Mitchell

champion ruby rolling tobacco

[Resolved] jps tobacco 25gram packet. blue

I recently brought a packet of tobacco from my local Foodworks store and it is absolutely horrible. It's dry and harsh, I Constantly have to relight my smoke. It doesn't taste anything like it usually does. I'm really Not happy and want a replacement of something better or the original tobacco. A number of people I know have said the same and are switching brands. Very disappointing

[Resolved] champion ruby 40gram

I'm a champion ruby smoker and in my last pouch I have found a leaf, just wanting to bring this to your attention as I'm constantly finding sticks in your pouches as well.. This isn't so much as a complaint just more of a way to let you know as I couldn't find any other way to contact you, its more annoying than anything.. I will attach a pic of the leaf.
Thankyou

champion ruby 40gram

jps eternal red tobacco

Ok so I never complain but the price of tobacco in Australia is crazy so I am miffed. Please explain !! I always make a pouch last 6 or 7 days but yesterday I bought my usual eternal red from Russell island iga and have had to smoke just about all of it to receive any nicotine, what the [censored] ? Tobacco without nicotine! Please explain ?
Marcus Phipps 19 Jackson road Russell island queensland Australia. Or [protected]@gmail.com
I will be calling our weights and measure dept of consumer affairs on Monday with a sample as the product is not as advertised and is way too costly to just ignore. Again I apologize for complaining, Marcus

white ox pouch 25 gram

600952 Hi I have been a white ox smoker for many years and I have recently purchased a pouch which has alot more than usual larger pieces of bark in it which makes it much harder to roll...

white ox 50g pouch x2

I work remote so when I get to town I like to buy a few pouches of white ox. The last time 2 of my brand new, just opened pouches where so dry and dusty that I can't roll or smoke the tobacco.
It's not the first time this has happened but it is my first complaint written.
I spend alot of money and that is$200 more rusty is wasted! I how you rectify my problem.
I would like them replaced please!

• Imperial Tobacco Australia's response · Jan 21, 2020

• Updated by Willare · Jan 22, 2020

I live remote so when I go to town I stock up on supplies. My last 3 pouches I bought of 50g white ox are disgusting! I pay$100 a pouch to open 2 just bought pouches that are dry and crummy. The tobacco is to dry if I try to roll it crumbles to dust. UNSMOKABLE! The 3rd pouch is full of logs and thick bark. That's over$300 I've wasted on bad product. I've never had this before with white ox, I hope you can replace my packets please.

[Resolved] white ox tobacco..50gram pouchs

600952 I have been smoking White ox ..dark premium tobacco for 20 years and i have never in all that time, seen the amount of bark and non smokable material in the pouch .its nearly a...

[Resolved] parker and simpson gold 25's

I buy these cigarettes all the time as I feel they are the best tasting cigarette for a decent price. I recently purchased a pack and i opened it to find alot of the top half of the box missing and by the time I had smoked about 10 the packet started to fall apart! I had to take them all out and carry them in a small tin. I just feel for the money I spend on the things I should atleast get a decent box for them to stay in until I have finished the pack. Now this is actually the 3rd time this has happened! So now I feel it's time to complain. Thankyou.

parker and simpson gold 25's
parker and simpson gold 25's

[Resolved] riverstone 25g ryo

Hi I'm writing to inform you that your 25 gram pouches of which I have bought have less tobacco in them than the 20 g pouch and way less than any other brand of tobacco in 25g. I enjoy the flavour of these smokes but will not be buying anymore as all the other brands of 25g have more in them.
I have bought 2 pouches this week and each one had less than before.
Email [protected]@live.com.au

[Resolved] parker & simpson - ryo blue 25g

600952 I purchased a packet of Parker & Simpson- RYO Blue 25g and after opening I was disgusted to see large hard black matter which was a major concern. There was large pieces of...

[Resolved] champion legendary ruby 20g pouch

Hey guys iv been smoking your brand for a while now, today i have purchased a pouch and had a cigarette and it made a crackling noise at me when burning, then i found plastic in your product.
Very disappointed, seems i can't trust your product now.
I would like to be reimburse to full value of pouch and possible lung cancer later in life.

Can send photo of plastic
Barcode number is [protected]

champion legendary ruby 20g pouch
champion legendary ruby 20g pouch

[Resolved] jps red 40 pack

I have been getting cigarettes with holes in em recently, probably something sharp on your machines somewhere. Some are close to the filter, ranging all the way up. If it was only once, I could live with this, but in different packs means this will most likely happen more often. Trying to close the hole with my finger while smoking the cigarette has been less than enjoyable, at least I found out that smoking human skin isn't my idea of enjoyment. So I suppose a thank you is in order.

jps red 40 pack

[Resolved] jps menthol

Hi,

I purchased a packet of jps superkings menthol. I opened the packet and smoked one and it tasted so stale and sickly..After a while i thought it might be just one so had another one and the same.It was stale and sickly taste. I buy them from a tobacconist who gets new stock all the time so I know it was not sitting a shelf..I have taken a pic of the barcode I kept the packet but threw the rest of the packet...Alot of money wasted.

jps menthol

• Imperial Tobacco Australia's response · Jan 12, 2020

• Resolution Statement

[Resolved] my packet of smokes I paid money for

I bought pouch of champion ruby and it's got all long hard brown branches I can't even roll it what a joke they are expensive as is and when u get hard dried up twigs of tobacco not happy been customer with champion ruby for years here is why I'm pulling out of my tobacco so much of it my family have been smokin this for years it's happend couple times already especially when I are paying 55 a pouch

my packet of smokes I paid money for

• Updated by Mathew Dawes · Jan 12, 2020

Not happy

• Imperial Tobacco Australia's response · Jan 12, 2020

• Resolution Statement

[Resolved] champion ruby legend 20 gm pouch roll your own.

I keep finding large bits of tobacco. I really enjoy the product but it's expensive and I am not getting what I'm paying for, sadly if I keep losing my money due to this issue I will be forced to change my brand choice. It would be greatly appreciated if you could find a way to reimburse me for my losses of your product and for my loss of financial outlay. I hope this is helpful in your endeavours to supplie a premium product. Feel free to contact me at [protected]@gmail.com

champion ruby legend 20 gm pouch roll your own.

• Imperial Tobacco Australia's response · Jan 06, 2020

[Resolved] riverstone tobacco 25g

To whom this may concern, I am frustrated at the packaging with which I receive my tobacco in. Is it possible to have a self sealing packets like port royal or similar products, I lose at least 3 to 4 cigarettes worth of tobacco per packet. Due to packet opening up and sticky tab only good for 5 opening before rendered useless. I buy 3 packs per 2 weeks, so with ever increasing prices this amount adds up over time. Would really like to get feedback from my query. Thank you disgruntled consumer

[Resolved] jps endless blue 25 g

I bought the above on 31st December 2019 from Woolworths Waverley Gardens Mulgrave and was disappointed when opened as tobacco was only half of what it is normally. Is very grainy and a lot darker than normal. I generally roll about 65 cigarettes per pouch but with this one only rolled 30. I usually buy 2 to 3 pouches per week but this week will need to buy an extra one to get me through. Very disappointing.

[Resolved] champion ruby 25g

Hello,

On January the 1st at approximately 730pm I purchased a 25g pouch of Tobacco from the Urunga BP, (printed number 09312 12:43) When having my first smoke I immediately noticed the horrible taste that made me quite ill, I took it back to the service Center straight away, but was told there is no exchanges or refunds as the plastic was taken off, I have been using your product for quite a long time now and this is the only time the product has tasted absolutely horrible, BP are quite clear on the no refund policy but I am seeking a return, I have stopped using the product and have purchased another Champion ruby pouch,

Looking forward to your reply
Regards