Imperial Tobacco Australiacompany logo

Imperial Tobacco Australia
reviews & complaints

Imperial Tobacco Australia
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

5 460 complaints
391 resolved 69 unresolved

This account has been claimed by Imperial Tobacco Australia customer service / representatives through our verification process.

Imperial Tobacco Australia Go to website

Imperial Tobacco Australia reviews & complaints

Imperial Tobacco Australia complaints 460

Imperial Tobacco Australia - Riverstone tobacco

I have been a frequent customer of your tobacco for several years.
Of recent I have been purchasing contaminated pouches of tobacco.
Many stalks and stem.
Many black tar chunks.
I have had many discussion with the tobacconist about the level of unusable product within the tabacco.
I have even tried purchasing the product from different locations.
I do enjoy the flavour of this tobacco and as a result have continued to purchase this.
It's about 1 out of 5 pouches that isn't contaminated.
Regards
Troy Jones.

At Imperial Tobacco Australia we take consumers’ concerns about the quality of our products particularly seriously. We see from what you have written above that you have had a less than ideal experience with one of our products. We invite you to contact our Customer Response Centre, to have your experience recorded so that any production problem can be identified and dealt with swiftly and appropriately. Please contact us on our telephone number, which is located on the bottom fold of the pouch in white print and quote reference number 251953.

Imperial Tobacco Australia - White Ox

I have stick, bark, basically unsmokable tobacco, from 4 or 5 pouches, generally 50g, time to time, depending on finances, I may have to purchase the 25g pouch...
I have the pouches in question and also the non tobacco material in relation to this matter. I would much appreciate your customer complaints sectionn looking into this matter, thus look forward to your reply.
Thanking you kindly
Miss Leanne Cleary

Desired outcome: Replacement

At Imperial Tobacco Australia we take consumers’ concerns about the quality of our products particularly seriously. We see from what you have written above that you have had a less than ideal experience with one of our products. We invite you to contact our Customer Response Centre, to have your experience recorded so that any production problem can be identified and dealt with swiftly and appropriately. Please contact us on our telephone number, which is located on the bottom fold of the pouch in white print and quote reference number 251951.

Imperial Tobacco Australia - Jps gold 25g pouch

When myself and partner started buying these pouches they were great now we either get hard thick stalk/barky pieces all through a pouch or is got that much loose tobacco you loose half not to mention how sticky the tab is it rips the outer plastic there for the tabs completely useless and that's not what you want when you basically have a whole pouch of loose tobacco and at the price of $54 on average its becoming more than likely we will have to change brands.

Desired outcome: Fix the problems or bring g the prices down or a replacement would be nice

At Imperial Tobacco Australia we take consumers’ concerns about the quality of our products particularly seriously. We see from what you have written above that you have had a less than ideal experience with one of our products. We invite you to contact our Customer Response Centre, to have your experience recorded so that any production problem can be identified and dealt with swiftly and appropriately. Please contact us on our telephone number, which is located on the bottom fold of the pouch in white print and quote reference number 251948.
The company has left an official comment on the complaint.

Imperial Tobacco Australia - Riverstone premium blend 25gm. Unidentified objects.

2/12/2021.

Hello, I have had this happen before but decided to complain this time. I have found 2 dark gooey hard lumps in my tobacco. Resemblance of animal faeces. I don't think I should be getting this in my tobacco. Photo taken next to Bic lighter head for size.

Thank you for your time.
Josephine Barker
28 James Road,
Glenwood. Qld. 4570
[protected]@gmail.com

At Imperial Tobacco Australia we take consumers’ concerns about the quality of our products particularly seriously. We see from what you have written above that you have had a less than ideal experience with one of our products. We invite you to contact our Customer Response Centre, to have your experience recorded so that any production problem can be identified and dealt with swiftly and appropriately. Please contact us on our telephone number, which is located on the bottom fold of the pouch in white print and quote reference number 251947.

Imperial Tobacco Australia - Parker & simpson

I bought Parker & Simpson 25's blue, I was about half finished a smoke when I flicked my ash the whole smoke came out of the butt, didn't think much of it. Later that night I was driving and lit a smoke before I took off, next thing you know I had the butt in my hand and the smoke was burning through my pants, nearly caused an accident. It's like there is no glue holding the butt to the smoke, pay the extra to have cigarettes and you can't smoke them anyway because they fall apart. NOT HAPPY!!!

At Imperial Tobacco Australia we take consumers’ concerns about the quality of our products particularly seriously. We see from what you have written above that you have had a less than ideal experience with one of our products. We invite you to contact our Customer Response Centre, to have your experience recorded so that any production problem can be identified and dealt with swiftly and appropriately. Please contact us on our telephone number, which is located on the side of the packet in white print and quote reference number 251945.

Imperial Tobacco Australia - 25 g blue pouch

Hi, I recently bought a 25 g pouch from my local iga in Tweed heads and instantly thought It was lite on, the package felt smaller than usual and just made me think it was questionable, luckily I have jewelry scales which revealed that the 25 g pouch was actually 21.9 g not what I had paid for.. unfortunately IGA couldn't help me as pouch had been opened and told me to contact the manufacturer hence this msg ... I am seeking rectification as I have been a regular customer .. my name is John and you can contact me at [protected]@gmail.com
Kind regards John Gardiner

Desired outcome: Replacement

At Imperial Tobacco Australia we take consumers’ concerns about the quality of our products particularly seriously. We see from what you have written above that you have had a less than ideal experience with one of our products. We invite you to contact our Customer Response Centre, to have your experience recorded so that any production problem can be identified and dealt with swiftly and appropriately. Please contact us on our telephone number, which is located on the bottom fold of the pouch in white print and quote reference number 251828.

Imperial Tobacco Australia - Champion Blue

Normally all of my Champion Legendary Smooth Blue pouches have been fine, (the odd dry pouch, small pieces of bark or soil.. easily removed) however in the pouch I have purchased I found long pieces of cardboard, multiple long and small pieces. It had become quite tedious sifting through all the tobacco to remove it. I would prefer it to be replaced please

Desired outcome: Replacement with contaminant free pouch

At Imperial Tobacco Australia we take consumers’ concerns about the quality of our products particularly seriously. We see from what you have written above that you have had a less than ideal experience with one of our products. We invite you to contact our Customer Response Centre, to have your experience recorded so that any production problem can be identified and dealt with swiftly and appropriately. Please contact us on our telephone number, which is located on the bottom fold of the pouch in white print and quote reference number 251827.

Imperial Tobacco Australia - Riverstone premium rum blend

I don't exactly know what this will accomplish, 25 gram pouch of Tobacco in Australia is between $80. - $48, 20 Packet of Benson and Hedges is around $30 a packet . a 40 gram pouch of a Premium Rum...

Imperial Tobacco Australia - Champion ruby tobacco

I'm writing this complaint due to the new packaging in which your tobacco is purchased in. I've have been buying champion ruby tobacco for over twenty years and have never thought to change brands. The new packaging is horrible, I'm not impressed. My old tobacco pouch holder doesn't hold them properly which I've owned for twenty years + also. Why change something that wasn't broken?? There is no need for all this extra plastic wrap. Please go back to the normal packaging!!! Hopefully this gets fixed. I'm a long time customer and this really has to be said... my quote again is why change something that's not broken, bring back the norm. I would like compensation also... as if I'm to continue to purchase your product I need to see your value for long time customers. Yours truly [protected]@gmail.com

Desired outcome: Some kind of compensation and return back to the old packaging

At Imperial Tobacco Australia we take consumers’ concerns about the quality of our products particularly seriously. We see from what you have written above that you have had a less than ideal experience with one of our products and we would like to invite you to contact our Customer Response Centre. Please contact us on our telephone number, which is located on the bottom fold of the pouch in white print and quote reference number 251777.

Imperial Tobacco Australia - Talleyho papers

To whom it may concern, I'm sure I can't be the first to bring this up but I have noticed Talleyho papers seem to be quite a thicker than they used to be, very noticeable if you actually smoke roll your tabocco thus means they keep burning quite a bit longer when not puffing on your smoke, but the worst of this new version of paper is the gum is absolutely hopeless, they very rarely stick like they should, I have had to'wet' the paper twice as much as I used to and they still don't stick properly, constantly having to read wet the paper after rolling to stop them from unrolling due to non effective gum, I can't believe that these have passed any sort of company testing to be cleared for customer quality control, sadly disappointed regular purchaser of this product.

At Imperial Tobacco Australia we take consumers’ concerns about the quality of our products particularly seriously. We see from what you have written above that you have had a less than ideal experience with one of our products. We invite you to contact our Customer Response Centre, to have your experience recorded so that any production problem can be identified and dealt with swiftly and appropriately. Please contact us on our telephone number, which is located on the side of the packet in white print / bottom fold of the pouch in white print and quote reference number 251681.

Disappointed

Imperial Tobacco Australia - Parker and Simpson Gold 25

I have had continueous problems with the filter coming away from the paper then having to smoke it without a filter it is very frustrating as they are expensive .
I like your smokes and have been buying them since they got put on the Market and would like to keep buying them but I'm not willing to buy them at the moment which is a shame.
Regard Janelle Grayson

Desired outcome: Refund or replacement

At Imperial Tobacco Australia we take consumers’ concerns about the quality of our products particularly seriously. We see from what you have written above that you have had a less than ideal experience with one of our products. We invite you to contact our Customer Response Centre, to have your experience recorded so that any production problem can be identified and dealt with swiftly and appropriately. Please contact us on our telephone number, which is located on the side of the packet in white print and quote reference number 251580.

I have had continuous trouble with the filter coming away from the paper

Imperial Tobacco Australia - Champion Ruby 25g

I recently purchased a 25g Champion Ruby pouch on 7/11/21 and found a large chunk of the tobacco was dried and clumped together and unusable. I sometimes find small portions that can't be used and need to be discarded but this was a large portion. I had already thrown away some of this but started collecting it as shown in the attached photo. Can this be replaced somehow? This is an expensive product and I believe this was way above the normal levels of unuseable tobacco in the pouch (I have been buying this for years now).

Desired outcome: Replacement of product

At Imperial Tobacco Australia we take consumers’ concerns about the quality of our products particularly seriously. We see from what you have written above that you have had a less than ideal experience with one of our products. We invite you to contact our Customer Response Centre, to have your experience recorded so that any production problem can be identified and dealt with swiftly and appropriately. Please contact us on our telephone number, which is located on the bottom fold of the pouch in white print and quote reference number 251553.

Imperial Tobacco Australia - Parker & Simpson Blue tobacco 25 gram

Been using this product for about 2 years.. i often get big black chunks of I don't know what in the pouch. This is a big one from my last purchase.. I also weigh the tobacco out of the pouch after purchase and almost always underweight.. I've let it go on and on but I've finally had enough of these big black chunks.. I've filed a complaint for exact same thing about 18 months ago.. I've been through so many different types of tobacco but like Parker & Simpson blue the best.. cheers. Yours Sincerely Tina M Kouras

Desired outcome: Reimbursement for underweight and big black chunks I cannot smoke...

At Imperial Tobacco Australia we take consumers’ concerns about the quality of our products particularly seriously. We see from what you have written above that you have had a less than ideal experience with one of our products. We invite you to contact our Customer Response Centre on [protected] to have your experience recorded so that any production problem can be identified and dealt with swiftly and appropriately.

Imperial Tobacco Australia - Champion ruby 25gm

as many people have mentioned, the amount of large pieces of bark and large tar balls found in your products has increased exponentially in the last 24 months. I have removed whole grams of waste from your products recently and today I received what appears to be part of a rope in your product. As a resident of Australia this is really upsetting as each month we seem to pay more and more for cigarettes due to tax but receive a lower and lower quality product.

Desired outcome: Fix your shit.

Update by UnhappySmoker314
Nov 07, 2021

What a waste of time posting this. If you take consumer concerns so seriously why not just forward the information on? Because you know people aren't going to wait for a reply on here just to get the customer support number that should be publicly available anyway. What a load of BS

Imperial Tobacco Australia - Parker and Simpson red

Hello there my name is Timothy Hancock,
I have been purchasing Parker and Simpson red for a few years now and always seem to come across cigarettes sometimes the whole packet, the cigarettes are 3/4 full!
It's almost eyebrow burning in the first light!
I haven't complained before as I pass it off as a fluke but I have now had 2 packets In a row that 90% of the smokes are mot filled properly!
I pay just under $30 AUD for 20 smokes and I would like to enjoy them all not just some!
By the way my eyebrows are fine!
Thanks for replying to me?
Timothy Hancock

Desired outcome: Replacements , refund or voucher of some description

Imperial Tobacco Australia - Horizon blue 50 gram

I bought a 50 gram pouch of horizon blue on Friday the 29 oct 2021 mid morning at TSG in Fairfield shopping centre in Townsville QLD 4812 and I have found hard chunks with tobacco stuck in it in the pouch and I can't smoke, they aren't small chunks either which now have to go in the bin. I've been a smoker of your product for a long time and enjoy the tobacco just not the chunks.

Desired outcome: Replacement of what I bought

Imperial Tobacco Australia - White ox

I've been buying 100 grams of white ox for many years and have recently noticed that my pouches have ALOT of bark and other foreign matter in them and they are extremely dry and hard to smoke, as I previously stated I've been buying your product for a number of years and I would be disappointed to see such a good name be ruined because a lack of quality control. I look forward to your prompt reply so we can discuss this ongoing issue.

Imperial Tobacco Australia - Dr Pat distinctive "pipe" tobacco 50g

Greetings, This is not really a complaint, more of an inquiry. I purchased a 50G pouch of Dr Pat Distinctive tobacco. I asked if it was Pipe Tobacco, as I had only ever purchased it in tins, I had...

Imperial Tobacco Australia - Riverstone premium rum blend 25g

Hi, my housemate and I share tobacco, today he brought a fresh pouch and while I was rolling from the brand new pouch I happened to find aomething weird inaide of the 25g pouch, it is almost like a black squishy sponge like object in appearance and it is sticky, it breaks apart strangely. I am unsure as to what this is and would like to have the situation resolved please. I've not seen this in my rolling pouches before but I am unhappy with this outcome

Desired outcome: Please email me at [email protected] to discuss the outcome

Imperial Tobacco Australia - Parker & Simpson 25g Pouch TOBACCO BLUE

Barcode [protected]
Purchased on the 18th October from South Rd, Ridleyton, Adelaide SA Ol
OTR - On The Run servo establishment
Later in week it was opened approx date 23rd October,
Whilst preparing a cigarette today, the 26th of October I have assumed I was pulling a thick piece of tobacco - as expected
To which Iv pulled out what I assume is a plastic material of some form
Unsure what to suggest, I was just a bit alarmed and should complain

Desired outcome: Unsure