Complaints & Reviews

Broken latch

First call to you was Feb 19. I bought extended warrenty when I bought the dishwasher.I have only had one call call the rest of the time I'm calling you .Have had one call back and would order latch. Have called you guys 3 or 4 times. Week ago Friday latch was at depot. Was to get a call back yesterday and nothing. This is very lousy Customer Service. How do I get someone to fix this Dishwasher??????

• Updated by R/S Baker · Mar 18, 2020

I have placed 4 calls to King and State . I have had one call back. I first called Feb 19. 2020. Was to have a call back yesterday but no call. I have done a lot of buying at the Brick in Old's Ab but if this is how your extended warrenty repair service works my purchases will go else else where. Hopefullu some one will read this and get back to me.

Set of Furniture

The Brick is the worst company I've ever seen. I bought a set of sofa and chairs. After a week it was saging and it was approved by their investigator. The impolite manager of The Brick doesn't want to replace and repair it saying is is normal . I thing the brick manipulate customers, lying, and saling the worst quality products ever. Please don't by anything from the Brick.

• Updated by Mohammad Naghi · Mar 14, 2020

The brick is the worst company I've ever seen. this company selling the worst quality product, lying, and manipulating customers.
    I bought a set of sofa and chairs. In a week all sits were sagging and the investitor approved that, but the impolite manager instead to replace it didn't accept and said it is normal. Please, please don't buy anything from The Brick.

got a adjustable bed

got a ajustable bed and want to return it. it is uncomfortable. cant sleep on it. i sleep on my chairi want exchange it for regular bed. what can i do. the service is not good. i am elder and dont get much money but i need a bed. this been going on since january 2020.they want send me different mattress. but dont want them. i just want a bed.service is very poor and takes them a long time to reply.please help. what can i do.

Refuse to exchange for the product actually ordered

I bought my daughter an ottoman for xmas at the end of October. The salesperson was fully aware that it was an xmas present. On xmas day when my daughter opened the box I discovered that they had given me the wrong color/design. Upon trying to return it to the store they said that they can not take it back. It has never been taken out of the box as it was the wrong one! The manager was totally unwilling to remedy this mistake and now my daughter is stuck with an ottoman that does not match any of her décor. Completely ridiculous. You would think if the company makes a mistake and gives the wrong product they would be willing to exchange if for the right one!!

• Mr
    Mr. Helpful Mar 01, 2020

Frustrating to say the least. However, you're looking at two months between the purchase date and Christmas, and now another two months between Christmas to now. With that amount of time, I wouldn't expect a retailer to exchange an item.

managers rude attitude

My family has a long history of purchases through the Brick. We were looking for a reclining couch. My wife...

The Brick

ge portable dishwasher – gpf400sgfww.

I purchased a GE Portable Dishwasher (GPF400SGFWW) from the Brick on November 29, 2019. By January 19, 2020...

Toronto Furniture

customer service

I was into the Chatham store back on December 26, 2019 with my elderly father. I told him to hold off from purchasing a washer/dryer( gas) until Boxing day sales. I put him in a wheelchair at the front of the store and pushed him to the back. I just finished a midnight shift so it was about 8 am. There was maybe 3 customers in the store at the time. We were totally ignored by all salespeople. One walked past us, (wearing red and a bow tie), one on the phone, the manager ignored us (female) They all proceeded to ask every other customer that came in behind us if they needed help. My 82 year old father raised his voice a bit, is any one going to help us. We waited for 15-20 minutes. The young guy got off the phone and helped the gentleman with the cowboy hat and his wife that came in after us. The other salesman answered a man and his wife that strolled up behind us. We eavesdropped on there conversation because they were interested in the $399. dryer as well. Obviously they didn't want our business. So I told my father lets go and we will look elsewhere. We proceeded to Best Buy, Tepperman's, Home Depot (didn't have gas) and settled at Leon's. We were greeted within a 5 foot rule. 5 feet, Eye contact, smile and asked what they could help us with. I was in complete shock and let him know our story of what just happened. He said he used to be a salesman at The Brick. He said they judge people when you walk in. So whether it was because my dad was black, he looked like he has seen better days? or our money wasn't green enough. Let me tell you, he is a retired factory worker with a good pension, Christian, a widow of less than 5 years, and a 3 times a week dialysis patient that has a 6 figure bank account as well as myself and home owners. I think you, or suggest that you educate these people that work in this particular store because I used to work in the customer service field as a manager for 30 years. Social media, word of mouth, rant and raves go a long way, So whether this was discrimination or (bad) judgement I will never give this brick a dollar of my or my fathers hard earned money. Do us a favour and take him off your call list. Douglas Browning 80 Lorne Ave Chatham Ontario [protected]
Leon's was more than happy to receive our $1600 for both a washer and dryer and free delivery. At this point I did not care how much we paid for the pair. We were completely satisfied and have since returned as happy customers to Leon's. (bedroom suite February 20, 2020)

Thanks Again,

Vicki Browning-Ladd
55 Beechwood Cres.
Chatham, Ontario
N7M 5A7
[protected]@hotmail.com
[protected]

• Updated by Mrs. Ladd · Feb 21, 2020

Have not shared yet with social media. (Facebook, Instagram, etc)

Couch

My Gosh, this place is horrible! DO NOT PURCHASE WARRANTY WITH ANY OF YOUR PRODUCTS! I found that our couch...

Calgary Furniture

warranty

King and state warranty is the worst to work with. I have had to deal with them numerous times for warranty on my dishwasher. It takes at least a week and a half each time to get anyone to come out to fix it. And that is just to come and see the problem. I could tell them right on the phone this time what part they need to bring but they wouldnt even listen to what the problem is. I told the person the hose broke and was asked so what happens with the dishwasher. What do you think happens when you have a broken hose? The dishwasher itself has been garbage from the beginning. Do no buy Brada. I have emailed King and State numerous times in the past to get a response and they do not respond to customer email ever. I will be sure never to deal with any company that deals with king and state for their extended warranty it is the worst.

dresser

I ordered a dresser from the kingston ontario store over 3 weeks ago I received an email saying it was ready...

Kingston Furniture

furniture I bought _ dining table and sectional sofa

I bought these two products from Bricks on boxing day, it was not in stock at that time was delivered in...

Edmonton Furniture

Hello
I purchased the Theo dinning set online about about a month ago and I've noticed the Paint is starting to chip off (see attached photos).I spent over 1, 000.00 and I'm disappointed with the quality of this product. Is it at all possible for me to return it and purchase something else from your store ?
Please call me at [protected] to further discuss this issue.

Pina Moore

warranty service

Do NOT purchase any warranty from The Brick!!! Their warranty company is King and State, their contracted service dispatch company is Trans Global and their contracted service technician is B& K appliance (Barrie). All three of these companies have only given the run around. No one has done any diagnostics and we are only told parts are on order. Over 2 weeks without a working fridge and so far only run around. A quick online search shows this is the norm for all 3 companies and the Brick continues to sell you warranties that are worthless. Don't waste your money. There is no service and NO SENSE OF ACCOUNTABILITY by anyone involved. Okay rant over!

poor after purchase service.

My wife and I have fully furnished several homes with only Brick furniture as we move often because of my...

Sudbury Furniture

sofa

I bought a sofa from your store at 24 Coventry Road, Brampton vide invoice No. [protected] with full warranty for 5 years. The leather is wearing off, seats are sagging and a problem with the recliner. So 3-4 months before I filed a warranty claim for the same. In-between a guy came from your company to take some photos. Since then I have not heard from you inspite of my repeated reminders. I would really appreiciate if you could kindly look into it at the earliest.

• Sh
    Sherine21 Jan 30, 2020

My claim number is Event ID 4765714. The complaint was filed by the inspection guy on Oct 28, 2019. They said the parts were ordered and if it doesn't arrive by Jan 28, 2020 we get a replacement sofa. When I called yesterday Jan 29, 2020, I was told the parts have not arrived and if I have to be given replacement sofa I need to pay $ 400 plus delivery as the price of the sofa has increased. This is as per the warranty. As can be seen in the invoice we bought the whole furniture from Brick and this is not the way to treat loyal customers.
    Now they have a sale of discounting prices 30% for sofa's. Please keep this in mind and take action by sending a replacement sofa free of cost.

invoice # 11169aqivdh after sale service and delivery

Purchased two twin beds and frames from the Mattress Store for our parents on November 16, 2019. They were...

Calgary Furniture

service

we bought a recliner sofa with 5 years warrenty 01 month ago and it is not working now. We have claimed about...

Fort Saskatchewan Furniture

firebox

ongoing complaint updated on 7 January 2020. Still no response from The Brick customer service regarding...

Newmarket Furniture

bedroom set

Cannot tell you how much I am disappointed and upset right now.
Bought my bedroom set 3 weeks ago, wanted everything to be ready before the Christmas. Got delivered on time, but half wrong, half broken and missing assemble instruction. After the store figured out that the sales person on the paper had the right order, but we were billed for something else. My husband and I had to sleep on the floor for 3 weeks and had our clothes on the floor due to removing the old firnuture to make sure we can fit the new one. For a good 15 days I had to sleep on the floor almost on top of the boxes with the wrong furniture!!!
3 weeks later the delivered the replacement as promised. Delivery guys were unprofessional and rude to my husband, didnt even bother to take of their muddy shoes before coming to my house- BEDROOM!!! AND GUESS WHAT???? We r still missing night stands and NO ASSEMBE INSTRUCTION for the bed!! Tell me one reason not to be upset????????!!!
This is a very bad experience and I'm not going to be this nice if you are not fixing this issue ASAP!!!

no customer service

I ordered a dishwasher online over the boxing week sale, was told by sales reps that there were plenty of...

Moncton Furniture

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices