Menu

complaints

The Brick Complaints Summary

419 Resolved
915 Unresolved
Our verdict: Engaging with The Brick, which has a below-average resolution rate, demands caution. Thoroughly assess their service reviews and explore how they handle unresolved complaints. If you encounter issues, document your experiences meticulously and be persistent in seeking resolutions.
File a complaint
Claimed
The Brick has claimed their business profile
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of The Brick. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages

The Brick complaints 1334

Sort by:

Newest The Brick complaints

R
9:26 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Hi, We purchased sofa from brick. They promised to us we will delivered it was perfectly fine on store we check everything in store it was perfect but when I got it was damage from so many places and delivery guys did my front door damage as well while delivery. I came in store same day inform them on customer service counter that my sofa was damage and my...

S
2:47 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Hi, I bought this in 2021 a leather recliner and here is what happened 1)3 years 3 times same issue same place taking a few months to resolve even after purchasing a warranty.IT took 2-3 months to repair due to the first engineer's inspection, then a part order for another 2 months the engineer came again to fix it almost we were without our recliner for...

5:42 pm EST

The Brick The worst service ever! Wrong and defective product received

I went to The brick for selecting the best mattress specially for my back. After an hour I did select one king mattress and it took the sales person 20 minutes to do the billing because of bad reception that was really funny. Anyway she told me it might take 15 days to get the mattress I agreed and it almost took a month to deliver I received it on Jan 20th and yesterday I did a setup and guess what it is wrong and defective mattress not even close which I had chosen.. the foam is already coming out from the edges. I called the sales people in the store they were not at all apologetic and not humble at all. I found the brick service and sales people very disappointing.

Claimed loss: I did not look any other options and trusted the brick but even after waiting for a month I got this..

Confidential Information Hidden: This section contains confidential information visible to verified The Brick representatives only. If you are affiliated with The Brick, please claim your business to access these details.

W
3:46 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

We ordered a new washer and dryer from the Brick in the fall, plus 4 new kitchen appliances for our new home (ordered early Sept 2023, delivered late Oct 2023). The problem with our order is the washer and dryer – it is not the model that we wanted and thought that we were getting. We offered to visit the salesperson’s store directly to make our...

M
3:11 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

When I bought my Fridge and Stove from the Brick Sudbury in June of 2018, I was offered a 2 year extended warranty for $299.95, which I at first declined. The sales person told me that if I bought the warranty and didnt use during the 2 years I could have it paid back to me a s a store credit and could use the $299.95 to buy other products at The Brick. I...

S
1:10 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Jan 06,2023- Ridgeway Drive, Mississauga Location. This store is a fraud. They did misrepresentation of an item and delivered us the wrong product. After we assembled it, we got to know about the fraud they made as we already have the video of the product we selected. When we went to the store again to meet the customer service, we saw our product on floor...

M
12:51 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I purchased a sectional couch from the Brick with a purchase of a warranty. The warranty expired December. Upon purchasing this warranty and the couch, I was told once the warranty expires and I have not claimed the warranty that my money will be returned to me. When I followed up to claim my warranty after the expired date, I was told I had to go into the...

E
9:58 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On Nov 29th I made a purchase of a dual recliner and a arm chair and automan from the Brick on Hunt Club in Ottawa. The recliner and arm chair were delivered but I did not receive the automan. I let the driver know, I wrote on the delivery slip in multiple spots that I did not receive the automan. I also called in to speak with the department for...

C
8:34 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

WORST COMPANY EVER We purchased a couch *Model ACEGYSL2 Vendor: 060H, on-line and when it was received it looked cheap. Well, it's beyond cheap. We paid roughly $1572.00, which is allot of money for us, maybe not for your company, but it was for us. We needed something for our TV room and thought this would work. Boy, were we ever WRONG. It's a piece of...

8:50 am EST

The Brick Unprofessional delivery service

In December of 2023 the two delivery men they sent to deliver my refrigerator were extremely rude and unprofessional, one of them even started cursing. Right from the beginning they were complaining about everything. They were supposed to wear masks but did not. They had no ramp set up from their truck and were about to roughly 'drop' the refrigerator onto the road but saw me watching and restrained themselves. They took the styrofoam cover off the fridge bottom and let it sit on the snow and dirty road. They were crude and disrespectful and would not give me a moment to inspect the appliance before signing the form. I did not feel safe letting these two delivery men into my home so I had them leave my appliance on the doorstep, which meant I had to annoyingly drag it in and install it myself. Considering we paid for the delivery and were treated poorly, I will never buy from The Brick again. This was a really bad experience.

Read full review of The Brick

This complaint has been resolved automatically due to user's inactivity.

T
6:21 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I had purchased extended warrant which had expire in July. I was initially told when purchasing the warranty that it does not expire. Anyways, While going into the store earlier this week it was also explained to me they were running a promotion until December 31st to honor said expired warranty... While going into the store Monday I had purchased new...

T
1:59 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I went into the store (huntclub, Ottawa) to buy a bed for my 94 year old father. I looked at beauty rest mattress and box spring. I mentioned I had concerns about the height as my father is elderly. The sales person told me that they had a 5 inch box spring which she would show me. The height was acceptable. I was going to buy the box spring, mattress and...

U
11:49 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

We purchased extended warranty for our Fridge, and it took 20 days to repair it finally. Few things to note regarding this complaint: From initial call to actually having someone inspection the Fridge 7 Days. We had no Fridge for 10 Days, and only got a loaner post BBB complaint and few escalations through Head Office. The local store offered a Beer...

L
3:02 pm EST

The Brick Sofa

I purchased a sofa and received it in November 2022. By October 2023 the fabric was pilling. I have had other fabric sofas and chairs in the past and this has never happened. I called the store today and spoke to a rep and manager in customer service and was told that there was nothing that could be done about this as far as a return or exchange. It was recommended that I use a fabric shaver.

I am very disappointed in the quality of the sofa I purchased and unless the sofa can be exchanged or returned I will not shop at the Brick in the future.

Desired outcome: Return or exchange

Y
9:47 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My husband and I bought few thing from the brick Niagara Falls one of the items was a bed when opening the package two roaches Crowley out of the boxes now I’m wondering if there were more roache in other boxes that I missed I contacted the brick Niagara Falls to let them know 3 days ago and no one has reached out wich shows the don’t care about the issue...

V
12:58 am EST

The Brick Sofa Bed

About two months ago, I bought bed sofa from your company, and after the purchase, I noticed that there was a nail under the furniture, which caused the fabric to tear when the bed was opened. Two months still no action has been taken. Considering that this defect is due to the structure of the furniture itself and the place of tear is exactly in the middle of the bed and if it is repaired it will not look good, I would like to change the furniture as soon as possible. The first time, the technician wrote that we should wait for a new part, but after 3 weeks, they said that the new part will not arrive, and the technician came again and said that he can only remove the nail. Please agree with the complete replacement of the sofa part.

D
4:31 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I decided to purchase all appliances from the brick when brick said they will price match the competitors price. Since it was same price, I decided to go with thebrick store as I thought they have a better customer service and good reputation. I certainly repent that. Here is my ordeal 1> I was promised washer, dryer installation with the purchase ...

A
8:34 am EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

The Brick Your delivery truck knocked down and broke my mailbox

I bought a mattress from the Richmond Hill, Ontario L4B 4M6 store on Dec 23, 2023 and the item was delivered to me on Dec 25 around 11am. When your delivery team tried to backup the truck on the driveway, they knocked down my metal mailbox and damaged it. Now the mailbox is fallen off from its base. (video clips attached). I want to know how Brick is going to fix it for me!

The inovice number is 1123347TARM

Desired outcome: All I want is someone to fix it. if not, get a replacement for me.

Update by Arthur Lau
Dec 20, 2023 12:50 pm EST

After few emails chasing them, the brick finally called me after more than 2 weeks since I filed the complaint. Someone called me to ask me to submit two quotes for the replacement, which was already a week ago. Nothing happens still and no update and don't even know whether they have recevied the quotes. Really unprofessioal. they are quick to sell you stuff but really not care about the after sales service. The frontline staff is good and nice and helpful, but not the support teams so far

D
11:21 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Will never shop at the Brick! I need a fridge, I dont have a lot of money so I went online and ordered the items from lowest to highest. I found a fridge listed for . It was just my luck I happened on the listing. I added it to the cart scheduled preferred delivery date and completed the transaction. A few days later I get a call from the manager that they...

10:55 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

We purchased two chairs and a loveseat Sept. 25, 2023 from The Brick in Kanata, Ontario. Salesman said chairs were in stock and were delivered that week. He said the loveseat was not available for delivery till mid November 2023. We said that was fine. November 13th I called them only to find out our loveseat has shipped but not expected till December 21st...

Read full review of The Brick
How to file a complaint about The Brick?

1. Log in or create an account: To begin, please ensure you are logged into your ComplaintsBoard.com account. If you do not have an account, you will need to create one by clicking on the 'Sign Up' option and following the registration process.

2. Navigating to the complaint form: Once logged in, locate the 'File a Complaint' button situated at the top right corner of the website and click on it to access the complaint form.

3. Writing the title: In the 'Complaint Title' field, concisely summarize the main issue you have encountered with The Brick. Make it specific and clear, such as "Defective Sofa Delivered by The Brick" or "Poor Customer Service at The Brick Store."

4. Detailing the experience: In the complaint description, provide a detailed account of your experience. Mention key areas such as product quality, customer service, delivery, warranty, and after-sales support. Include specifics about any transactions you had with The Brick, the nature of the issue, and any steps you took to resolve it, including interactions with the company's customer service. Describe how the issue has personally affected you, whether it's through inconvenience, financial loss, or other impacts.

5. Attaching supporting documents: Attach any relevant documents that support your complaint, such as receipts, emails, or photos. However, be cautious not to include sensitive personal information that could compromise your privacy or security.

6. Filling optional fields: Use the 'Claimed Loss' field to indicate any financial losses you have incurred due to the issue. In the 'Desired Outcome' field, clearly state what resolution you are seeking from The Brick, whether it's a refund, exchange, repair, or an apology.

7. Review before submission: Carefully review your complaint or review to ensure that it is clear, accurate, and complete. Check for any spelling or grammatical errors, and verify that all the information provided is correct.

8. Submission process: After reviewing, click the 'Submit' button to file your complaint or review. Ensure that you have filled in all the required fields and attached any supporting documents before submitting.

9. Post-Submission Actions: After submitting your complaint or review, make sure to regularly check back on ComplaintsBoard.com for any responses or updates. You may receive feedback from The Brick or from other users who have had similar experiences.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

The Brick contacts