FILE A COMPLAINT

Frequently Asked Questions

Complaints & Comments

How do I delete my complaint?
We do not remove complaints:
  • unless we receive an officially signed court order.
  • if they do not violate our Complaint Guidelines.

Our rules are well-settled on this point and we do not make any exceptions.

There may be some compromise solutions:

• If your complaint was resolved or you changed your opinion regarding the business you are complaining about, you can mark it as "resolved" and add a comment stating that the problem has been solved, and if possible describe what exactly the company has done to help you. After you mark the complaint as "resolved", it will not affect the business's rating anymore. Please note that resolved complaints are not removed from the website either.

• If your review contains personal information, you always can contact us and we will gladly edit it for you. Please note that sensitive information is usually hidden/masked and is visible to you and company representatives only.

• If your review should be edited for other reasons (typos, wrong information, etc.), contact us and we will always help you.

For more information, please contact our support team at [email protected].
I left a complaint/comment that had my personal information in it. I want it to be removed as soon as possible.
Sensitive information such as your phone number, email address, passport numbers, payment card information, social security numbers, etc., is not visible to anyone on the Internet but you and the company representatives, and is marked as [protected].

However, if you'd still like to edit or remove it, please shoot us an email at [email protected] and provide the exact information that has to be edited/removed as we do not analyze/investigate the whole complaint.

For example: Please remove the following words from my complaint: Joe Blow, +11234567890, 00001 New York, NY

Please note that your personal details are not shared with outside sources without your granted permission.

I realized I attached pictures with personal information. How can I remove them?
In this case, please contact us at [email protected].

You also can mask your personal information in any convenient way, and re-upload the attachments by sending a request to the above-mentioned email address.
My complaint/comment doesn’t show up on the website. Why?
Some complaints may require to be reviewed by our team first to make sure they do not contain spam phrases, lewd pictures, offensive words, etc. If your complaint violates ComplaintsBoard.com Terms of Use (cursing, direct insults towards other users, etc.), it will not be posted on the website.
This process may take from a few hours to 1-2 business days, so please be patient.

One more possible reason is that your complaint is too short. Make sure it's at least 350 characters long.

* Please be aware that complaints are not checked on weekends, so if you posted your complaint on Friday evening, it might not show up on the website until Monday.
How does ComplaintsBoard.com help resolve complaints?
Each complaint is directly forwarded to a company it has been written for.

We guarantee that each company receives customer complaints, but we can't make them resolve the issues. They decide what exactly to do after getting a complaint.
On our main page, you can find great examples of companies that are active and customer-focused. They have a higher rating and are always ready to help. They pay attention to the needs and opinions of their customers.
A company that cares enough about its reputation will always reply or contact a customer and will do everything to resolve the issue.

If they don't answer, it's not necessarily anyone's fault. Some companies don't look after their reputation and do not value customers. The more unresolved complaints such a company has, the fewer customers deal with them.

But even in this situation, your review will still be useful as a way to warn other potential customers. In this case, ComplaintsBoard.com does everything possible to let everyone know how this company treats its consumers unless they start resolving issues.
How do I remove my comment?
Comments are not removed, but we can offer you to mark your comment as "resolved" and leave a statement describing the resolution.
Also, you can edit your comment if it contains inappropriate content or personal details.
To do so, please contact us by our email [email protected], and specify what exactly you would like to edit.
Can my complaint be removed by reputation management companies?
Of course, not.
Reputation management companies claim to be able to remove your complaint from any website for a fee, however, these claims are false.
We provide our services free of charge and do not offer any complaint removals.

Should you be contacted and offered reputation management services, let us know by sending an email to [email protected] so we could prevent them from approaching and taking advantage of other customers.
What kind of complaints can be rejected?
Complaints containing the following will not be allowed:
• Harassment, defamatory materials, profanity, other objectionable content;
• Trolling and provocation;
• Second-hand experiences;
• Inappropriate, offensive, or lewd photos and videos;
• Attempts to impersonate another person or entity;
• Copyrighted materials;
• Spam and/or promotional content;
• Other people's personal information.
How can I mark my complaint as "resolved"?
  • In the "My Complaints" section click “Mark Complaint as Resolved”.
  • Provide a short description of what has been done and how you have managed to resolve your issue with a company.
  • Click “Submit”.
Your complaint will be marked as “resolved” and a resolution statement will be added.
Please note that resolved complaints are not removed from the website.
What can I do if a business blackmails me into editing or removing my review?
It is against ComplaintsBoard.com policy to threaten or pay the reviewers to edit or remove their posts. Although it is rare, businesses sometimes approach customers with intentions to have them remove or change their reviews in exchange for any kind of payment.
This kind of activities by either businesses or customers violate our Terms and Conditions and negatively impact the business’s reputation on ComplaintsBoard.com.

We strongly encourage our users to keep their reviews genuine and only truthfully update them as new information arises. We expect consumers to refrain from accepting payment or any other incentive.

As an alternative approach, we recommend businesses to address the negative reviews by giving feedback, showing interest in customer’s complaints and issues, and, lastly, explaining how you would solve them. This way allows customers to feel appreciated and they will likely update their reviews.

If a business approaches you with threats or offers in exchange for editing or taking down your post, you should contact our Customer Support with the details of the situation. Our Support team will then help you.

Verification

What does a "Verified customer" status mean?
A verified customer is an individual who has taken the steps to verify their identity by confirming their email address.

Why am I being asked to verify my account?
We completely understand you being suspicious and skeptical of complaints and reviews posted online. That's why we ask customers to verify their profiles to raise the overall level of trust on the website.
This status allows others to see that the customer has taken the steps to verify their identity and anyone reading their review can be confident it is from an actual customer with genuine experience.
How do I verify my account?
Verification is a simple process that's done automatically, but in some exceptional cases our team may ask you to provide proof of purchase to make sure your review is real and honest.
You can verify your account by:
• Confirming your email address;
• Signing in with a social media account (Facebook, Twitter or Google);
• Providing proof of purchase;
• Entering a verification code from SMS.
How can I check if my account is verified?
Once you’ve completed the verification process, the Verified Customer status will be indicated right next to your name.

Other Questions

How can I change my email ID?
Your email ID can be changed by our support team.
To contact us, please shoot us an email at [email protected], and provide the new email ID you would like to use.
How can I remove my personal account?
The personal profile that contains complaints or comments cannot be removed, however, some of your account information can be edited.
Please contact us by our email [email protected] and specify what personal information you would like to be removed.
How can I find out the contact information of a complaint author?
You can send a personal message to a user through our messaging system and request such details.
How can I contact other users of ComplaintsBoard.com?
Click on the user’s nickname. You will be taken to his/her profile.
Click on the "Send Message" button.
How to contact ComplaintsBoard.com support team?
If we haven't answered your question, please call us at +1 240 764 4863 or send your inquiry to [email protected]
We will endeavor to respond to your query at the earliest opportunity, normally within 48 hours (business days only).
Please note that we don't accept complaints by phone.
For support-related inquiries, please use our email instead: [email protected]