Classic Ford / buying experience

1 Columbia, SC, United States

I agreed to purchase a Ford F 150 XLT from Classic Ford. We agreed upon an out the door price of $41, 002. I was pressured to close in two days so they could improve sales goals but it was not something I could do. I was called twice by the salesman and once by the sales manager, William Doggett. We agreed on the day that I would conclude the purchase. The salesman called me that morning to confirm the arrival time. I showed up as agreed and was told there was an issue...the vehicle had been damaged and was in the body shop but would be as good as new the next day. The sales manger, William Doggett, enters the room and asks me how I was going to pay. I told him I had 3 checks totaling $41, 002. He said that will not work since the financing was not going through FMC. That had not been previously discussed or disclosed on the buyers order which was sent to the credit union 2 hours before I arrived for the purchase. This is my opinion of William Doggett; he was not concerned about the damage to the vehicle, did not return my call the next day, and reneged on a written contract agreement. I think I'm clear on how I feel about this experience. The VIN for the Ford F 150 ends in FA80710. I wonder if they are trying to market it as a new undamaged vehicle??

Rj