Billings Horse Sales / did not honor warranty

1 Billings, MT, United States

Received the online catalog and made a telephone purchase of a horse based on photo and description of a healthy strong breeding stallion. The sale was their Production Sale - Sons and Daughters in February 24-26. The BLS person taking the bid did not tell me the horse was sick or lame. BLS suggested a shipper to deliver the horse. The horse is permanently lame on three legs, 200 pounds under weight, infested with lice, and clearly not as advertised. He was shipped without a health certificate from Montana, into Idaho and to Utah. Once in Utah, I could not take him into Wyoming without health certificate. BLS refused to honor their lameness guarantee stating they would not accept a veterinarian's word and I had to return the horse. I could not return the sick horse without a health certificate. BLS staff, Jann and Bill Parker were rude, unprofessional and threaten me continually. AVOID this sale! BLS advertises NOT an auction, guarantee the horses, but if there is a problem, they blame the buyer and are hostile and unprofessional. It has cost me over $1, 000 to get this horse healthy but he will be lame his entire life and is unusable. Consider BLS a slaughter auction and BUYER BEWARE as no warranties are honored!!!