Auto Repair Network / automobile protection plan

1 3 Winners Circle, Albany, NY, United States

When I purchased a pre-owned vehicle recently I also purchased an "extended warranty protection plan" through the dealership. A couple of weeks later I received a letter from "auto repair network" in an official-looking envelope stating that I should call a toll-free number to ensure there was no gap in my protection plan. I discovered that this was a scam to get me to buy additional coverage from "auto repair network" and they were not affiliated in any way with the company I had already signed with for an extended warranty plan. Their address was difficult to find and that always raises a red flag to me.
They tried to sell me additional coverage that I already have. My vehicle is already covered "bumper to bumper" for the entire duration of my loan. Their plan was expensive and provided no additional coverage beyond the duration of my loan. I looked them up on the "better business bureau" and they have a large number of complaints against them (see the attached photo from the bbb) so I wouldn't trust them with any vehicle I own.

Sp