Amli At Osprey Lake Logo

Amli At Osprey Lake

Having problems with Amli At Osprey Lake?

2025 Greystem Circle
Gurnee, Illinois

Complaints & Reviews

Move-in / Move-out Scam

Their move-in process is designed to be very laid back. During the initial walkthrough with the leasing agent, she acted as though she was told to not say anything, and to not spot out any damage if I missed anything in the report. The AMLI employee did not spot out that there were already missing items in the apartment. They also only collected a $75 security deposit. Why, so you can collect at the move-out instead of paying?

During the move-out inspection after we had already moved out, we were charged for damages that we did not do. We were also charged for missing broiler pans and oven racks. These costed a total of $200 for everything that was 'missing." I never had those when I moved in because we never cooked in the oven, and definitely didn't take any oven items with us when we moved out.

I had to pay because they threatened to sick their collection agencies after us if we didn't pay by a certain date. I won't refer this place to anyone. It looks nice and is nice, but the surrounding area and city is CRAP with nothing to do and nowhere to go out. The residents are also ghetto. We were told that there was a bunch of young 20 somethings like myself living there, and there wasn't . It was a bunch of black people and small families, so we didn't meet a single friend living there for 2 years.

• He
    Hermione Granger Dec 26, 2010

First off, I'm not sure if it is appropriate or fair for you to associate "ghetto" with "a bunch of black people." To your issue: once you are handed the keys, it is your responsibility to immediately take an inventory of your unit and ensure nothing is missing, not working, etc. Take pictures if necessary and submit them with your move-in inventory. It is also important to note, your lease agreement is between you and AMLI, not the leasing agent, so it is not his or her responsibility to check anything once you are moved in. We must also remember, a lease agreement is a legal document and should never be taken lightly. As it is an agreement, BOTH parties have responsibilities and, with all due respect, many residents play the victim card rather than taking responsibilities for their own actions (or lack of). Obviously, it's too late to do any of this as you have moved out but this may be helpful for others reading this post.

And I know there are probably people reading this saying, "Oh he works for them." No, I don't and I never have, however, I do live at AMLI and as with all of the apartments I have lived in, there were some minor kinks but were easily fixed after bringing them to their attention.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices