Complaints & Reviews

I posted my confidential files.

Hi, I already emailed the course hero to remove my confidential document from my account. that document I wrongly uploaded. After 2 days there are no response. The document is very confidential. I hope course hero can delete or remove my document as soon as possible. It is really needed to be deleted as soon as possible. I already emailed it under my email [protected]@gmail.com

I posted my confidential files.

remove all my uploaded documents

I mistakenly uploaded all my files that are from our company. All of them need to be removed or deleted as soon as possible because they show confidential information. I did not know that Course Hero always safe all the uploads even if you deactivate your account. Could anyone let me know if they need additional info about my account to get an access. Please and thank you in advance!

• Course Hero's response · Feb 13, 2020

Hello Jerome,

Thank you for reaching out to us on Complaintsboard.com. We would be happy to assist you with your request. Please contact us at [email protected] or by dialing 888-634-9397 for live agent assistance. We hope to hear from you soon.

removing documents from account

I have been asked my the university to remove all the documents from account. I have already submitted an email to support and sent a message to customer service through the website. A have also tried calling them. But I keep on getting the run around. It's been way over 24 hours. And I have not recive an email conformation or ticket number for this issue. I need this issue to be resolved as soon as possible.

• Course Hero's response · Feb 13, 2020

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us on Complaintsboard.com. We apologize you have not been assisted. Can you please contact us directly at 888-634-9397? We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We hope to hear from you soon.

Best,
    Customer Support

remove documents in my course hero account

I have uploaded notes from my university which has been asked to remove it immediately by the lecturer. All the notes i got from my university which actually i need to ask from consent from the owner since it are made for only university students. I have accidentally uploaded few notes from my university into course hero and now i really need to remove before there are action from the top level management of the university. I have asked course hero to remove but there are still no action has been taken yet. I really need to remove all of the documents from my account as soon as possible.

[Resolved] my uploads

I mistakenly uploaded all my files that are all wrong. All of them need to be removed or deleted as soon as possible because they show confidential information. I did not know that Course Hero always safe all the uploads even if you deactivate your account. Could anyone let me know if they need additional info about my account to get an access. Please and thank you in advance!

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us on Complaints Board. We would be happy to assist you with your request, please contact us at [email protected] or dial 888-634-9397 for live agent assistance.

We hope to hear from you soon,

[Resolved] unauthorized charges

I paid for the $9.95 a month and was charged 119 dollars, the advertisement was very misleading and I was under the impression I would be paying month by month, not for the full year. I graduate in May and that is a complete waste of money for those months I won't be in school. I would like a refund for the months I will not be using this service. Thank you.

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us regarding your purchase. Please email us at [email protected] or dial 888-634-9397 for live agent assistance.

Course Hero Support

• Resolution Statement

[Resolved] unable to reactivate my account

I deactivated my account accidentally, now my questions that I uploaded before are still up even though my account has been deactivated. I wanted to access my account to take down those unnecessary questions.

below are the details regarding my account
username: PrivateScorpionMaster1198
e-mail : [protected]@yahoo.com
the course title that i wanted to delete is 'LAW 110'.

Thank you.

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us on Compliantsboard.com with your request. Please contact our support team at [email protected] or dial 888-634-9397 for live agent assistance.

Best,

• Resolution Statement

[Resolved] subscription and lack of customer service

I accidentally downloaded a document that I did not want made public. Course hero has refused to take it down and gave me a run around instead.
Then...after cancellation of my membership, I was charged 119 dollars. That's a pretty good chin o of money for something I don't use and has been cancelled. My credit card company suggested I try and sort this out with you guys, so I am. But the lack of customer service I've received leads me to believe I won't get far.
You can't get rid of an upload, then charge an account I cancelled months ago?

• Course Hero's response · Oct 25, 2019

Hello, thank you for reaching out to us on compliantsboard.com. We would be happy to assist you with your inquiry. Please email us at [email protected] or dial 888-634-9397 for live agent assistance.

• Resolution Statement

[Resolved] illegal upload of material; breach of privacy

Report Cards, research papers, and academic requirements were illegally uploaded on Coursehero. Most likely, the user ConstableMonkey3665 must have uploaded some random files from a computer to get access to one particular file.

The mentioned academic papers do not have permission to be uploaded on this platform because this does not follow the school's data privacy policies. Hence, please remove the files now. Just remove the files. What we're after here is to protect the privacy of the concerned people.

Please respond to this email: [protected]@gmail.com

Thank you!

illegal upload of material; breach of privacy

• Course Hero's response · Oct 25, 2019

Hello, thank you for reaching out to us on complaintsboard.com. A DMCA agent has replied to your inquiry. Please let them know if you have any questions.

[Resolved] removal of documentrs

Below is the e-mail that i have send to course hero since from monday and till to date the documenst are still on the system
LettahS
Oct 14, 03:54 PDT
Good Day
Please kindly assist by deleting below profile and assignment as I have uploaded it by mistake, I wanted to upload unisa once, I have tried so many times to remove it but did not allow me. I f we can as remove her ID number I will really appreciate so much. I have acknowledge the damage that I cause to my fellow colleague and I really apologies as I can't even concentrate at work for the pain I caused in her life. Please action it as in immedilatly and I have tried to call the call centre number and I saw the number start with 888
Reason for removal: I have uploaded pinkie Ndaba documents by error as I wanted to load the unisa ones
URL links of documents: https://www.coursehero.com/file/42510875/9507211045088-PINKIE-NDABA-119997doc/

The e-mail came from [protected]@hollard.co.za and by alternative e-mail is [protected]@gmail.com
Please I will really appreciate if it can be removed as soon as possible, please remove all documents noted masifunde as they are suing me as we speak and I and given only 3 days. Thanks

Lettah Sithole.
Client Services Consultant | Insure Hub | South Africa
T: [protected] | F: | E: [protected]@hollard.co.za | W: www.hollard.co.za

• Course Hero's response · Oct 25, 2019

Hello Lettah, thank you for reaching out to us on complaintsboard.com. A support agent has replied to your inquiry. Please let them know if you have any questions.

[Resolved] refund

Hi Im Marwilliam O Moral. I want to cancel the subcription and have refund on my account. I didnt expect the charge to be 120 dollar. Since it was clear that charges will happen every month. Im worried about the money because the email i registered in wasnt valid. Im asking for a favor, if u could only do something to refund the money i paid. Pls it wasnt my money, it was my parents card i used to registered in. They also did expect the same thing to happen. We are confused on why it happened. Im just looking for a resources and decided to get the annual plan bec it would cost mo 10 dollar only per month in a year i didnt know that u would charged the twetve month in one payment. It wasnt a good negotiation technique tho, i dont want to tell it this way but ur fooling us in that way. I dont call it a scam but pls i just want to have my money back, my parents money. They worked hard for it, i dont want that to put into wastr. Pls reach me through my gmail [protected]@gmail.com

refund

• Course Hero's response · Oct 25, 2019

Hello Marwilliam, thank you for reaching out to us on complaintsboard.com. A support agent has replied to your inquiry. Please let them know if you have any questions.

• Resolution Statement

[Resolved] deceiving amount to be paid

Your Receipt Confirmation No. [protected] Item Purchased Subscription Membership 12 Months Purchase Date October 2nd, 2019 Renewal Date October 2nd, 2020 Renewal...

course hero / removal confidential document

Hi, I already request a ticket and emailed the course Hero to remove my confidential document. The document came from a hard drive which was stolen in my hotel in Kampala early this year . All the document were uploaded by Murang'a Institute of Technology in the Business section. After 2 days there are no response not even a email acknowledging that I requested the documents to be remove. I hope course hero can delete those documents as soon as possible. I raise a ticket under my email alain.[protected]@communities.wa.edu.au

• Updated by Alain Mt · Sep 03, 2019

Correction about the email

Hi, I already request a ticket and emailed the course Hero to remove my confidential document. The document came from a hard drive which was stolen in my hotel in Kampala early this year . All the document were uploaded by Murang'a Institute of Technology in the Business section. After 2 days there are no response not even a email acknowledging that I requested the documents to be remove. I hope course hero can delete those documents as soon as possible. I raise a ticket under my email [email protected]

• Updated by Alain Mt · Sep 03, 2019

course hero already removed the file. Problem solved. Many thanks to course hero!

subscription

In June of 2019 I signed up for course hero thinking it would only be 9.99 a month. After I signed up I received a notification on my phone that stated I was charged 119.00. I immediately froze my card. I work for the financial institution that I froze the card with and as a courtesy they automatically disputed the charge, When I contacted course hero customer service the representative had a manager message me named Vincent. Vincent stayed that I would have to send the letter stating that the dispute was no longer active. I sent that the next day. Then, I was told I had to speak with pay pal because pay pal filed a dispute. Pay pal filed the dispute because my bank contacted them. I spoke with a representative at pay pal and he stated that because they ruled in favor of course hero that course hero could refund me the money no problem. It was no longer up to pay pal because all power had been handed back to course hero. I emailed the documentation 4 times to Vincent. I have not received a refund and also not one email back to make things right. I will never recommend this company. The advertisement is not clear and should be. I worked with every request that was asked of me and still did not receive a refund,

• Course Hero's response · Sep 04, 2019

Hello Courtney,

Thank you for reaching out to us on Complaints Board.

We offer a **monthly rate at $39.95 USD** if members wish to pay month to month. If our members plan to use the service for an extended period of time, they can opt for the annual membership, **which does break down to the special price of $9.95 USD per month, but in order to receive this pricing, the payment is billed for the full year upfront at $119.40 USD.**

While we are empathetic to what you’re experiencing, we are unable to process any refunds once a dispute is filed and is closed.

Our apologies we were unable to provide you with the solution you were looking for. If you have any other questions please contact us at [email protected]

in need of a refund; confusing advertising

Date of incident: Friday, May 31st, 2019
Paypal information provided in a photo
Paypal transaction ID: 5DV9187821475244N

account email: [protected]@yahoo.com

I'm in need of a refund from the annual membership from course hero... I was under the impression that I would be billed $9.95 a month for an annual membership, however I was charged $119.40 for the entire membership all at once.

I went into the refund section to attempt to contact staff, but I was only given the option of submitting a ticket through their website. I thought it was alright, since they said they would reply within 1 day of receiving it.

I didn't receive an auto-reply email telling me that they received my ticket, so I'm getting pretty worried that I'll be past the deadline to ask for a refund.

Please contact me because I really do not know what to do...

in need of a refund; confusing advertising

RheRhe Jun 06, 2019

I did the same thing you have to call the customer support number. As long as you didn't use more than one unlock, you'll get a refund. You have to talk to someone though.

unauthorized credit card charges

It is currently 10:52pm I subscribed to course hero about 30-45 minutes ago for the 9.95 monthly fee which I was fine with because it was affordable I was charge $119 instead which is no where near close to what I thought I was signing up for and I would like a refund the date I subscribed was 5/1/19 I tried to cancel but there is no way to do that without getting my refund I am furious because in bold print there is $9.95 monthly and does say your going to pay $119 total until after you submit your payment I feel like it is a scam and an insult for this to happen and this is very misleading and is not what I signed up for... I would just simply like a refund back

RheRhe Jun 06, 2019

Call the customer support number. They'll issue a refund as long as you didn't use more than one unlock on your account.

unacceptable money deducted from account

Hello, i'm really sad when I noticed my money in my account was deducted by course hero. I taught it was free for trial but it is already deduct my money the next day (30th/4/2019) for annually cost about $119.40 where its actually to much and I didn't expect it at all. I shocked even until now I can/t sleep because of this unexpected incident. For your information, I actually register for this course hero on 28th /04/2019 and today I just check the balance in my account its stated that it was deducted because of sales debit. I open my email and what I saw is the receipt of transaction of this subscription to this course hero. Surely I don't use at all this account. I take the fast action, I already deactivated my account. Now I can't to log in back into the account because I need to request refund as I google how to refund back the money from course hero, its stated that I have to log in to the account and request refund at account setting. So how can I do right now. Can you please help me refund back my money as soon as possible. I wanna that money to pay my studies fees. Please help me. I need to use the money to pay all my fees in university. I actually don't know about the fees of subscription of this course hero at first. I just fill in the form given and also I put my card number. Surely I don't know about the deduction that it can make. Help me please. I'm begging you to help me refund back my money. Do contact me as follows for any inquiries and further information. :

Email : i. [protected]@gmail.com

unacceptable money deducted from account

unethical behavior, scam, ripoff, false advertisement

Course hero advertised that you will be paying $9.95 a month, but instead they charge you $119 dollars instead and don't even have a proper way for users to contact them. Made multiple attempts to get in touch with a representative to get a full refund, but instead get a bot that offers a partial refund. Had the subscription for an hour and it did not have the information I was looking for. As a college student this waste of money and plain highway robbery.

RheRhe Jun 06, 2019

Call the customer support number a representative will help you. I got in touch with someone and was issued a refund.

course hero refund request/ tricky operations

Course hero advertises monthly subscriptions such as the 9.95/ month, but instead they take out the full 119.00 from your bank account. If I would have known that I would have never signed up for a subscription. It's extremely disappointing and misleading to the indivuals who are trying to receive help only to be tricked. The one document I clicked on barely help and as a college student the full subscription was too much to pay for. I wish they cared a lot more about there customers and update their refund polices to something that works out for everyone. Even if I cant get a full refund back, something is better than nothing. Anyhow I will never use them again and will contiune to advise others to never try their website subscriptions. I really would greatly appreciate it if I could get some kind of refund. Date of incident 4/17/2019

CourseHerowrongful charge

Confused as to why i'm being charged for a second or third month of coursehero when I cancelled my subscription the first month? Deleted this subscription and account because I didnt have sufficient funds to do pay again. Not happy at all with this type of service. You guys have now overdrafted my bank account. I'm upset, angry and disappointed with this kind of service. Not something I thought I would have to stress about being a college student. Thanks, coursehero!

membership charge

I subscribed to get answers for an assignment, which I realized after subscribing weren't what I was looking for. I thought I wasn't being charged since I had a free trial, or at least being charged $10 for the first month, but I was charged over $100 which I cannot afford due to consistent financial problems. I'm requesting a refund because I was never told I would be getting charged money I simply don't have.

[Resolved] Removal confidential document

Hi, I already request a ticket and emailed the course zero to remove my confidential document from my account. that document I wrongly uploaded. After 2 days there are no response. The document is very confidential. I hope course hero can delete or remove my document as soon as possible. I aslo cannot check the ticket status. I raise a ticket under my email [protected]@gmail.com.

• Updated by Mohd Taufiq Mohd Nor · Mar 15, 2019

Course hero already removed the file. Problem solved. Many thanks to course hero!

• Resolution Statement

Course hero already removed the document! Thanks course hero!

Removal of documents

Hello,
My name is Kywandia Sims. I really do not have an compliant, but a request. I am asking for removal of my documents off course hero. The college attend informed me that I can stay enroll if all my documents are deleted. I really want to stay in school, and I am so close to achieving my degree. If you help me out this once, it will never happen again in the future.
The email I was using for this account was kywandia.[protected]@yahoo.com

• Mo
    Mohd Taufiq Mohd Nor Mar 14, 2019

course here response to you? im also have a same issue. Already raise a ticket and email last wednesday but no response

yearly subscription

I was informed that I would be paying $9.95 monthly for a yearly subscription but I was fully charged the total of $119 at once. I am not able to access any of the information I paid for and there is no where on the site where it shows I can cancel my subscription even though they say it is. I am a college student and I am not able to afford the full $119 and that is why I was pulled in by thinking I was only going to have to pay $9.95 a month.

Material Posted

It has come to my attention that the website has Teacher's Edition materials from the Collections Textbook. The document has both the questions AND the answers for material that should ONLY be available in the teacher's edition.

If such material is posted and students are doing homework for instance, then they can just easily copy it!

I am sure that HMH prohibits the distribution of such answers on the internet. We are just making it easier for students to cheat.

That is a sample of what I'm talking about.

refund

It's written that they charge 9.95 a month for 12 month subscription and but they charged me $119.40 at once on February 11 2019. You're showing that you will take it $9.95 monthly and then charging $119.00 suddenly. I only opened one file and it was also not like they described. If I knew that they are charging 12 months at once, I wouldn't buy it. I'm a student and this is too much for me. You can take the one month and refund the 11 months! I want to cancel my subscription and want my money back please.

$119 scam

I am a student and I needed help to my homework thats why I purchased a subscription to coursehero thinking that I would be charged 9$ a month, instead I was billed $119. I am a student and can't afford something that is not very useful at all. I sent in an email right after I realized how little use it would be and asked for a refund. The date that I purchased the subscription was Feb 10, 2019 at 2:57:52 PM.

[Resolved] in need of a refund

I am a student and I needed help to my homework thats why I purchased a subscription to coursehero thinking that I would be debited only $9/month but I was billed annually and I...

[Resolved] unethical behaviour

It's written that they charge 9.95 a month for 12 month subscription and but they charged me $119.40 at once on February 2nd 2019. You're showing that you will take it $9.95 monthly and then charging $119.00 suddenly. I only opened one file and it was also not like they described. If I knew that they are charging 12 months at once, I wouldn't buy it. I'm a student and this is too much for me. You can take the one month and refund the 11 months! I want to cancel my subscription and want my money back please.

Confirmation number: [protected]

user name: pelinuyan95

• Course Hero's response · Feb 05, 2019

Hello! Thank you for reaching out to us on Complaints Board. A support agent has replied to your inquiry. Please let them know if you have any questions. If you would like to reach out to us directly, please dial 888-634-9397, Monday-Friday, 7AM-4PM, PST.

• Resolution Statement

[Resolved] unauthorized credit card charges

I kept getting billed $59.85 every 3 months even after reverting to a free account. And this still happened even though I already deleted my credit card from my account. I barely used my account. Even though I was being charged for a Premier account, I only had basic privileges. Even after telling them, they only gave me a refund for 1 out of the 4 times I got billed through out the year...

Don't use Course Hero, all the files are outdated and tutors are unhelpful. Customer Service people are useless. Don't email them. Call them. Let me know if you sue them. They should be reported to the BBB.

My point is you better just stick with Chegg.

• Course Hero's response · Jan 31, 2019

Hello, we would be happy to assist you with your membership. Please reach out to us directly at 888-634-9397, Monday-Friday, 7AM-4PM, PST.

[Resolved] false advertisement

They indicated that they charge 9.95 a month for 12 month subscription and I noticed they charge me $119.40 and I think that wrong when you showing $9.95 and in the fine print there no word that they will charge you $119.00 to your account. If it was like this I wouldn't never purchase it. I will like my money back due to they are selling false advertisement.

• Course Hero's response · Jan 28, 2019

Hello, we're sorry about that! We would be happy to review your request for a refund. Please contact us at +1-888-634-9397 Monday-Friday, between 7AM-4PM, PST. Thank you!

• SubSquirrel Jan 26, 2019

That’s what you were charged. They took the whole year upfront. It doesn’t say that they do a whole year upfront anywhere on the form?

[Resolved] payment problem

I thought the $9 will be billed monthly, but I was billed yearly. I viewed one file but it isn't the correct document. It was not as described. I was looking to get an answer but...

[Resolved] recurring membership

Confirmation No. $[protected]
Item Purchased Subscription
Membership 3 Months
Purchase Date Oct 9th, 2018
Renewal Date Apr 9th, 2019
Renewal Amount $59.85

When I bought the 3month membership I was not aware that you will automatically charge me after every 3 months for membership renewal.
I don't need the membership anymore and I cannot afford it either.
The charge is still in Pending status so could you please put a stop on the charge?

Many thanks,

[protected]@gmail.com

• Course Hero's response · Jan 09, 2019

Hello, thank you for reaching out to us on Complaints Board. A support agent has replied to your inquiry. Please let them know if you have any questions. You may also reach out to a live agent by dialing +1-888-634-9397, Monday-Friday, 7AM-4PM, PST. Thank you!

CourseHerobilling

Dear all,

I signed for a 1 month subscription for u$39.95 with coursehero. From december 3rd 2018 to january 3rd 2019. To my surprise, coursehero just renewed my account without allowing me the chance to cancel today. It is ridiculous. Coursehero makes charges in advanced.

I just contacted coursehero via email because I could not find a chat service as other tutoring services like chegg has.

If you can help me, I will deeply appreciate it. My email is [protected]@ans. Edu. Ni

unauthorized credit card charges

Client Name: hlw44 Date of Incident: 12/26/18 I signed up for a monthly subscription in October but thought I canceled it because I couldn't find any sources I needed or wanted. I...

course hero removing money from my account.

I signed up for 1 time 3 month subscription in Dec 2017, and course hero keeps removing money from my account. My account was canceled, also canceled through google pay and have...

false theft/ scam

416300 I am a student very hard pressed to meet my dail expenses and it came as a shock that USD 39.95 was debited from my thomas cook card nuber 554588******4637 withourt seeking any...

[Resolved] scam/false advertising

11/27/18

Paid for a month subscription ($40) so that I could view answers to help with homework. It gave me access to only 1 question then told me if I wanted access to more, I'd have to rate new incoming materials on their helpfulness. If that weren't bad enough, they only had 1 document available to rate, so I couldn't have gotten the 5 necessary reviews to unlock another question. I was supposed to get "immediate access to the largest (and best) collection of online learning resources - guaranteed, " which clearly is not what I got. It keeps insisting I need to gain a "free unlock" when, as before mentioned, I had already paid $40 for access. Attempting to get a refund, but after several attempts, the site will not load the "Email Us" section for me to actually contact the company.

scam/false advertising

• Course Hero's response · Nov 27, 2018

Hello, we're sorry about that. You may contact us at +1-888-634-9397, Monday-Friday, between 7AM-4PM, PST or via email at [email protected] Thank you.

• Resolution Statement

[Resolved] unauthorized credit card charge

I had signed up for the service in January 2018, and after about a month or so I paused the reoccurring bill. This morning at 4 AM I had received an email saying that my account...

[Resolved] homework and quiz answers

They tricked me by providing the answers to my first two homework and quizzes but nothing after that. I have been emailing and trying to ask questions about what I paid for but the website doesn't provide a phone number or email address. I would like a refund of my payment but I see others that show that they will not respond or provide a refund. Biggest scam ever as I have to get answers submitted and they are not delivering what they promised. They don't have a honor code so they should stop showing that on the website.

• Course Hero's response · Nov 06, 2018

Hello, we would be happy to review your request for a refund. We recommend contacting us directly at +1-888-634-9397, Monday-Friday, between 7AM-4PM, PST. Thank you!