Having problems with Cell C?

Cell C Customer Service Contacts

135 (Customer Service)
147 (Quick Info Line)
+27 841 555 555 (Technical Support)
+27 84 135 (Customer Service)
+27 84 145 (Contracts & Upgrades)
+27 841 234 (Glocell)
+27 841 944 000 (Cell C Business)
+27 841 4329 (Text Only)
Thu7:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Fri7:00 AM - 11:00 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Cell C Customer Service. Initial Cell C complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Cell C above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Cell C. Discuss the issues you have had with Cell C and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Cell C Complaints & Reviews

Cell C2015 cellc contract payment debit order

Good day

I would like to file a complaint regarding my Cellc phone account which I took out in 2015 if I am not mistaken, My last payment was debited twice from my account and therafter i never bothered renewing my contract as I did not need to because my phone was still as new . When i spoke to the sales assistant who helped with my contract he never told me anything regarding when my contract is done I should come in store to cancel it, so now six years later I am getting calls from CELLC call centre agents saying that I owe an outstanding amount of R829.00 . I am really pissed of as I know for a fact that when my contract came to an end the amount was debited twice from my account and now they saying I owe that amount .
It is so frustrating right now because of this I have a bad credit score, now they looking for proof of payment that I don not know where I will get six years later .

Please look up on my case it would really mean so much.

Regards.
Bilqees Islam

• Updated by Bilqees Islam · Mar 03, 2021

you can email me on [email protected]
      or call [protected]/[protected]

Good Day Bilqees Islam

Thank you for contacting Cell C.

Kindly email your query and contact details to [email protected] and we will assist you.

Cell C1 Month and no answer yet in changing contract from person to company

Waiting from 2 February when I first submitted the required documents of the company to Shop in Mall @ Reds and was told after more than a week that they could not find the documents. I resubmitted all documents on 13 and 14 February 21 and when I inquired last week and today again, I was told that there there has been no reply from CELC . Ref: [protected]

Good Day Pieter Herbst

Cell CData contract

On the 27/01/2021, a cell C consultant phoned me and reminded me I was due for an upgrade. He offered me a package that was supposed to be an advantage but turned out to be a huge disadvantage - a 50GB package was offered and only worked until 04/02/2021 after that lost connection.

I tried to get help, even visited the nearest store and they said I must do a swim swap as they thought that would be a solution, I paid R115 for it but it did not solve my problem. Eventually it was noted that the problem was I was offered a package that has no network in East London and I would have to phone and reverse the upgrade, I did on the 11/02/2021 after struggling and was told it was going to take 48hrs, I kept following up and requested next thing to cancel the contract as it was not working for me, I kept getting the same answer that my case was under investigation.

The contract has not been working since 04/02/2021 and the problem has not been solved until now and Cell C will keep debiting for something that I cannot use and it is soo frustrating.

My contact number is [protected]

• Cell C's response · Feb 24, 2021

Hi Nonzukiso

Thank you for contacting Cell C.

Kindly email your query and contact details, reference number to [email protected] and our team will assist you.

Cell CCell phone contract

This year January 2021 I have realized that my cell c 24 months contract has expired on December and cell c is still debiting my bank account without my consent to continue with the contract or not. They didn't even notify me when my previous contract was coming to an end. I only saw this when the debit amount changed to R105 on January 2021. I called their complaints department to stop this thing they were doing. The consultant said I must send a cancelation letter through email. I asked for what must I send a cancelation letter because I no longer have a contract with them anymore. . She said for the contract extension . I said that my contract is already expired and done. She said if I don't send the cancelation letter, this debiting will never stop and my bill will just pile up and I will be responsible to pay for it. So I tried sending them the cancelation letter just to stop these unauthorized debits from taking place because my budget is already tight . From there they just kept quiet. No response. So went to reverse their debit because I cannot pay for services I have never agreed upon.
        I tried calling them again about the cancelation letter that I sent. The consultant said I must read the contract again, plus the email that I sent was just what they needed as prove that I do have an additional contract. I now realized that they used my desperate attempt to stop the debits by telling me to send them a cancelation letter that they can use as prove to say I do have a contract with them. Damn these people are skelm. I said my agreement was a 24 months contract only, it's finished and I have never signed on black and white for an extension . She asked me some security questions to do the cancelation. From there she dodged canceling this thing I don't know of by saying that the system is rejecting cancelation because the answers that I gave her were incorrect, but they were correct on the other day when I called them . So I dropped the phone because I realized that the consultant was avoiding to stop this issue . Now I'm afraid this thing will never stop and this unlawful bill will just increase and get me further into trouble. Please help me out of this financial rip-off.

Plus they did not stick to the contract terms because my contract with them was R379. 01 from January 2019. They started to increase the debit to R384. 12 on July for a reason only they know because I have never skipped any payments within the contract period, not even once. I only checked this year January.
        I want them to pay for every cent that they have taken from me, even if it's small. They'd have no mercy for customers because they would take a small amount of short payment seriously by adding arrears charges.

They thought I would not see what they were doing because I wasn't complaining before this unauthorized debit from January 2021 and I took a closer look at their statements.
        Plus they change statement formats to confuse their clients and make it difficult for them to save their own files for evidence since it's difficult to find an app that can open those files . First it was e.pub format. Now it's password secured pdf files.

I want you to help me to get back all the money they have taken from me, no matter how small it is and to stop them from debiting my bank account anymore.
        I have not been able to download the statements because most of them are viewable online and on my phone ;therefore I took screen shots and wrote notes on them.

Good Day Clifton Sehunelo

Cell CUpgrade of new contract

I'm a loyal customer for over 10years at cellc now. Two years ago I went to upgrade and the consultant said i'm under debt review, I am not aware of that and is dealing now with that issue, but still cell c renew my contract, now two years has passed and I need to upgrade. Again this issue of debt review is coming up. I'm not aware of it and my legal team is busy sorting it. I'm also aware of family and friends who is definitely under debt review but their contracts was renew, so whatsthe problem with mine. I'm paying my acc every month with no problems what so ever, isn't it my right to be granted good service and be able to upgrade? I'm nicolene kapp my contact nr is [protected]. Hope to hear from you

Good Day

Thank you for contacting Cell C.

We have received your query and it has been escalated to our Support Team for assistance.

One of the consultants will contact you within 24 - 48 hours.

Cell CSamsung a31

Am unhappy with the service am still waiting on my money that u guys should refund the the guy who help me did the purchase after he showed me the phone was 4gig ram I was looking for a phone of 6gig ram and he made the wrong purchase and now am waiting on my money from cell. C zevenwacht am not happy cause I don't have money to get me a phone and now I must wait u till u pay my own money back 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

• Cell C's response · Feb 16, 2021

Good day Shahied

Thank you for contacting Cell C.

Did he show that that the device was a 4GB Ram device prior to you purchasing it?

Feb 16, 2021

Cell C — Secunda cell c

Today (16/02) me and my husband went to the Cell C shop in Secunda Mall. We sanitised our hands and entered...

Cell CFraudulent contract

Hi,

Can someone from Cell C fraud or legal department please send me a LETTER OF RESOLUTION for a fraud case I had last year 2020 when Cell C did what it does best, use our personal details to do fraudulent contracts.

The contract was terminated, At this point I just need the Letter of resolution of that case emailed to my email address so I can be able to submit to Credit and clear my name.

My email is [protected]@gmail.com.

• Cell C's response · Feb 16, 2021

Good day Nompumelelo Duma

Thank you for contacting Cell C.

Please forward your request, together with your ID number and contact number to [email protected]

Cell CPaid up letter

Thembinkosi Thombela

Hi. My contract with cell c was canceled last year I paid the outstanding amount in full on the 12 September 2020. Two weeks back I phoned them several times asking them to send a paid up letter .even today I'm still waiting. The only thing they are doing is lying and lying. I want to buy a house but I can't because of them I really don't know what to do now. Their legal department is useless. Any help will be appreciated my number is [protected]

T Thombela

• Cell C's response · Feb 15, 2021

Good day Mr. Thombela

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We have received your query regarding your ITC update and Paid-Up letter request.

Kindly send us your query to [email protected] and include the Cell C/ID number in question + your contact number and we will be in touch.

• Updated by Thombela · Feb 17, 2021

My case is still not resolved by cell c .they are still playing their waiting game since yesterday. I really don't understand why is so difficult for cell c to give me this letter. Their legal department is useless.

From
                    Mr Thombela

• Cell C's response · Feb 17, 2021

Good Evening Mr. Thombela

Thank you for getting back to us.

Please confirm your email address so we can follow up on your query and assist.

• Updated by Thombela · Feb 18, 2021

I'm really not happy about your service and your empty promises. I think you guys are happy now that I couldn't meet the deadline . The house is already been sold .cell c is very good at ruining people's lives.

[email protected]

• Cell C's response · Feb 18, 2021

Good evening Mr. Thombela

The query has been received, by our legal department, and is currently being worked accordingly.

Feedback will be provided as soon as possible.

Cell CProof of blacklisting

On the 7th of January. I lost my phone and went to cellc at the workshop in Durban. I was told that my phone has been blacklisted but they could not provide me with ITC. 2 weeks later I was sent ITC and claim was processed. I have called cellc and the insurance almost daily since then and with no help.
                  The insurance requires proof of blacklisting from Cellc of which cellc is failing to provide.

• Cell C's response · Feb 13, 2021

Hi Mabuyi

Thank you for getting in touch with us.

Please send us a short description of your query with your details to [email protected]

We will assist.

^YM

Cell CI am complaining about cell c for not clearing my name 4 years now

I have a problem with Cell C
                    I have paid my account in full with cash at their woodmead head office 4 years ago. I paid it at their walk in centre and they promised me that they would mail me a paid up letter and that they would make sure that they dont black list me. What happened??? I got blacklisted from them maybe ñ must post this on hello Peter also maybe then i'll get the help that ñ need I have case nrs that nothing happened with this problem. What more must do. I mail them and they reply by saying that ñ must mail this person and ñ must call that person but each time it says you dont have an account anymore my mail is [protected]@gmail.com ñ need real help thank you.

Cell CA new contract

I phoned the call centre on the 1st of February 2021 to apply for a cell phone contract online, i spoke to a consultant, Dennis who assisted me with the application, we proceeded and he informed me that the contract is approved i had proceeded with the application. Since then no feedback or communication. No one from cell c informed me that there was an error with the application and that we need to try again . I have since reapplied for the device. Now each time i follow up there is a new delay. I have mentioned on each call this phone is rather urgent as i need it for work. I am out of options and need some urgent feedback, as stated i need this phone for work and i cannot afford the phone calls from my mtn number to cell c. I am also losing commission due to not having a cell c phone and sim card. My contact details are [protected] name Rene Roodman id [protected]

• Cell C's response · Feb 13, 2021

Hi Rene

Thank you for getting in touch with us regarding your query.

We regret to hear that your expectations were not met.

Please provide us with your sale reference as well as a number we can use to reach you.

We will follow up and advise.

^YM

Cell CContract Cell c

This is totally unacceptable, I have been receiving my credit score report, that I don't pay my cell account monthly. I have sent numerous emails with no response. I'm getting annoyed with this due to your billing department not doing their job and the amount they charging me is ridiculous. THIS IS NOT AS PER OUR AGREEMENT. I came to a decision to close off the account immediately.

Cell Ccell c fibre line residential-ra singh - [protected]

the cell c fibre line has not been working for a month and despite numerous complaints logged in it has not been fixed

Cell CDebit order

Hi, I had a change regarding my financial situation and had a debit order that didn't go through. I called Cell C at the beginning of November asking them to change debit date to the 6th of every month. Which meant that I would be double debited on the 6th December but they double debited me at the end of November. Then tried again on the 6th December and charged me a fee for insufficient funds and the debit not being honoured. I called twice, sent emails and still the issue wasn't resolved. I'm again getting charged an excess of R140 and customer care doesn't answer the calls. I gave them my direct contact number and requested for a Manager to call me. Still unresolved.

• Cell C's response · Feb 04, 2021

Hi Logie

Thank you for contacting Cell C.

Kindly email your query and contact details to [email protected] and our team will assist you.

Cell C[protected]@cellc.co.za

Hi

This [protected]@cellc.co.za is NON-EXISTENT. I have sent an complaint on 17 January 2021. Got an automated reply. Sent the info to [protected]@cell.co.za. NO RESPONSE AT ALL FROM THAT EMAIL ADDRESS. The amount was illegally deducted from my account today. Will open a fraud case.

An account for a fibre line was opened in my details without me signing any agreement . please check I have sent a formal complaint with all the details and documents on 17 January 2021.

Cell C is pathetic. Be warned

Updated by Emmenism · Jan 30, 2021

• Cell C's response · Feb 01, 2021

Hi

We can confirm that we have received your emails and Smagaliso is assisting you with your query. You also have Smagaliso's email address and we can also confirm that he has been in constant communication with you.

• Updated by Emmenism · Feb 01, 2021

Hi thank you for your message. I don't know who is Smagaliso. Dont have the email address and he never contacted me. There must be some kind of misunderstanding.

Please let him call me and send me his email address.

M E Emmenis

• Updated by Emmenism · Feb 18, 2021

Dear [email protected]

I just want to bring it to your attention that Smagaliso has not contacted me to this day not via phone or by email with regard to the fraudulent activities in your system.

I am still waiting for written feedback from you with regard to this case. I will definitely not let this case slide through my fingers. This is fraud and an inside job from Cell C company employees.

Kindly revert back to me by email. I will also sent this correspondence to you via email.

• Cell C's response · Feb 18, 2021

Good day ME Emmenis

Thank you for contacting Cell C.

Please do send the correspondence through by email, to [email protected]

^MP

Cell CCustomer service, billing, handing me over wrongfully

Good day.

It is very clear that certain people do not read the complete mail and call me to tell just to give me some lawyers number and tell me that I have been handled over.

Please review the 3 emails, the second email below, and explain please, why did cell c hand me over when I have not notified or call or anything to say that I am even behind in paying. Never mind the fact that cell c was told by me a few to via email in writing and over the phone to cancel the contract and to stop billing me which did not happen.

Then 2 weeks ago after sending the first email to be... cell c called me and said I was not handed over and that someone will call to me handle and sort all this out, which did not happen.

So I did a follow-up yesterday, after the follow up I got a call to say that I was handed over, which contradicts what cell c previously said and I was told that I must contact the lawyers and make my own plan to pay off my bill.

To top it off, for the last two months my sim has been blocked by cellc, but cellc has carried one allocation data, minutes... to the number and billing me for that, which of course not following instructions as I did say not to and of course I can not even use the allocation as I'm blocked off the network for the last two weeks

How and why do you do this to me.

It seems this is one big joke to cellc how this has been handled.

• Cell C's response · Jan 30, 2021

Hi Haviga

Thank you for getting in touch.

Please email us at [email protected] and we will assist you with your query.

Cell CNot phoning me back

I have phoned cell c multiple times and have multiple reference numbers regarding two different companies has been contacting me for the same account. I cannot pay two different lawyers for one account. I don't know which company should I pay and steps has been taken against me. Both companies insist the accounts has been sold and ceded to them and they are not assisting me.

• Cell C's response · Jan 26, 2021

Good Evening Vicki Prinsloo

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We have received your complaint regarding your Cell C account.

Kindly forward us your query to [email protected], include the Cell C/ID number in question + your contact number for assistance.

^NZ

Cell CCall Center agent that are just useless!!!!

Hi,

I have been calling your call center since Saturday and to date no one has assisted me. 1st I spoke to Chabalala/Tshabalala and he hung up the call on. I then called back and spoke to 5 other agents that I HAD TO EXPLAIN THE STUPID QUERY TO OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND DAMN OVER AGAIN!!!

I called again today and Zinhle hung up the phone, after I told her that I am not WILLING to explain my query again, she should just take my cellphone number and go through my account, she kept on asking me the same thing over and over and over again and I kept on telling her to take down my number and go through my account and she will see what the ISSUE is but then she hung up. When I called on Saturday I gave your useless agent my alternative number but no, they decided to call the number that's in my ROUTER! I called again on Tuesday only to find out that the query has been closed and yet another one had to be logged AGAIN.

YOUR SPINS ARE NOT WORKING STILL, NOT ON YOUR APP, YOUR SITE OR *147#!!!

YOUR CALL CENTRE AGENT HAVE NO KNOWLDGE OF WHAT CLIENT SERVICES IS AND I HAVE NO IDEA WHY YOU KEEP HIRING HUMANS BEING THAT DO NOT HAVE COMPASSION, RELIABILITY AND THE ABILITY TO ASSIST YOUR CLIENTS.

SOMEONE BETTER CALL ME, AND BETTER CALL ME SOON OR CANCEL YOUR STUPID CONTRACT EFFECTIVE EMMIDIATELY.

[protected]. CONTANCT DETAILS ARE ON YOUR STUPID SYSTEM.

KEA

• Cell C's response · Jan 22, 2021

Hi Kea

Thank you for contacting Cell C.

We apologize for the service you have experienced. Please email us your complaint, ID number and contact number to [email protected]

Our support team will contact you and assist.

• Em
                                        Emmenism Jan 30, 2021

I agree. Totally useless!!
                                        ME Emmenis

Cell CUpgrade device not received after 1 month.

I upgraded 3 of my contract mid December 2020. I received 2 upgraded devices already, still waiting on the 3rd device. I always get different feedback from Cell C Customer service team when i call in and i get different feedback from the courier company as well. I have 7 contracts with Cell C and i started doing business with Cell C for more than 14 years. This is the 1st time in the years with Cell C that i received this bad service.

My main contact number is [protected].
                                      The upgraded number is [protected].

I called the courier service number now on [protected].
                                      I spoke to Cecil, it will take me the entire working day to find out where my parcel is.

This is very very bad customer service.

• Cell C's response · Jan 20, 2021

Hi Charleen

Thank you for contacting Cell C.

Please send us your Cell C/ID and an alternative contact number to [email protected]

We will refer this matter to our Support Team for assistance.