Waste Management [WM] company logo

Waste Management [WM]
reviews & complaints
Waste Management [WM]
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

288 complaints
200 resolved 88 unresolved

This account has been claimed by Waste Management [WM] customer service / representatives through our verification process.

Waste Management [WM] Go to website

Waste Management [WM] reviews & complaints

Waste Management [WM] complaints 288

Waste Management [WM] - Fees to collect dumpsters after cancelling service

We cancelled service with Waste Management at two locations in July 2021. They never came to pick up their dumpsters until September 2021 when we were already using the dumpsters from a new company for two months. After they picked them up, they charged us removal fees for the dumpsters. I've called multiple times to get these fees removed, but they told me it's on our contract. We never signed an agreement with them, and they have never given us proof we did. The fees have now gone up almost 50%, and they are trying to send us to collections.

Desired outcome: We would like all these fees waived.

S
Jan 20, 2022

Waste Management [WM] - Service

I called Waste management on 1/5/22 to schedule a Christmas tree pick up for 1/12/22. The tree was out on the evening of 1/11/22.
The tree is still stilling out there as of 1/19/22.
I have called every single day since the missed pick up to figure out what is going on and when and why the tree has not been picked up.
The dispatcher says it will be picked up within 24 hours. They say they will reach out to operations.
Still nothing.

Desired outcome: Pick up the tree when scheduled.

Waste Management [WM] - Trash pickup billing

On [protected] I received notice my service was cancelled. I received No notice that my credit card had been rejected but a $5 email invoice was noticed. Didn't say what $5 was for so I thought it was an adjustment and auto payment would take care of it. The $5 was a late fee so I am being penalized twice because of false charges on an account I had to close. I reviewed the charges on that old credit card but since WM bills quarterly, I did not see previous billing on the account I closed so I could reinstate on new account number. I have overdraft and auto pay on all my accounts so this don't happen. Is this WM way of getting more money out of customers by not notifying them in advance of a problem?

Desired outcome: Refund late fee and change billing practices in event payment is not automatically taken.

Waste Management [WM] - Pick up curve side service

Craig & Jacqueline MacGowan, 15840 Alisa Viejo Court, Moreno Valley CA, 92555

We requested for pick up service a week before Christmas and was told the items would be picked up on 12-16, 23, 30, 2021. The items were never picked up. I called nine different times and was told by different representatives that they would make sure the items would be picked up. After, calling multiple times the representatives would put me in hold and never come back to the phone. I finally asked for a supervisor or manager and l spoke to Adam around Jan, 6, 2022 and he insured me the items would be picked up, no pick up. I finally talk to another representative Shirley and was told that it was sent to a manager which is the highest request and it would be picked up Jan 13 or 14, 2022again no pick up. We are not sure why this is happening. Can please get some assistance this Thursday Jan 20, 2022. There are three items one sofa and two computer monitors.[protected]@frontier.com or
[protected]

Desired outcome: Pick up items and have better customer service

Jan 17, 2022

Waste Management [WM] - Cancellation and extra charges

My WM charges have gone up by 3 times in 3 months! When i called them up to cancel the services, they said i have a contract with them. The contract signer is not myself or anyone from my company! Now they are claiming liquidation damages of 4000! This company is a reap off! I am doing business with GFL and i recommend everyone should swtich over to GFL if you have an option.

Desired outcome: Cancellation of services and refund of extra charges

Waste Management [WM] - Negligence in removing wm bins when service cancelled

Dec 28, 2021-Jan. 13, 2022. Client # [protected]. Reference # 644315. Upon cancelling service in Dec/21, was assured that bins would be removed from our residence on Dec. 28. Not done. Upon inquiry (emails) was told to have bins at curb on Jan. 8 & they would be removed. Not done. On Jan. 12 was told to have bins out on Jan. 13, did so again, but no removal. Very frustrating for a 10 year client. Also concerned about bins subject to theft if left out too long. Bin numbers are: AM040209; M0 100065; I will no longer accept responsibility if they are stolen.

Remedial Action:
1) REMOVE THE BINS!
2) Don't even think of billing me for removal, or anything related like closing the account. I have spent more than enough time on this, and if you bill for anything aside from December service, I reserve the right to bill WM for my time - and I don't come cheap!

Desired outcome: Stated above

We're sorry to hear that you want to cancel or stop a service. Please contact us, so that we may process this request.

Please have your Customer ID and service address ready so that we can best assist you.

Note: Canceling service prior to the end of a contract may result in early termination charges. Charges may vary depending on the area you’re in and the type of service you have.

Waste Management [WM] - Trash not pick for a week

It's been a week since 1/6/2022 and the dumpster hasn't been emptied even after multiple calls to have it emptied.

The dumpster is supposed to be emptied every Thursday, but on 1/6 the driver drove into the building complex half way but then just drove off without doing what he is paid to do — emptied the trash.

I called the following Friday and the operator assured me that someone will come out on Monday. NO ONE DID. Others have called and were told someone is going to come. It's Wednesday and the trash is piling higher and higher and wm is still taking my money but not my trash.

This building has two dumpsters and this one is always forgotten while the other one gets emptied. It makes no sense to empty one in the morning and the other in the evening.

Doesn't it make business sense to empty both at the same time?

Desired outcome: Be responsive to the customer and stop missing the collection

Waste Management [WM] - charged for recycling service not being done

Didnt bother picking up recycling on jan 4th. called multiples times since then being told they will pick it up the next day. Since jan 5th ive called every other day because no one showed up. Every time i call they tell me the same thing, they rescheculed for the next day. I even got a email yesterday that they will be here today. No show. Now i have tons of recycling backing up with nowhere to put it. They sould give me a credit for the month, and pick it up two times in one day. i have almost 3 containers full of recycling. They have records of me calling multiple times and emails.

customer id [protected]

Desired outcome: credit for month

I did last week. Still being ignored

V

Waste Management [WM] - Damaged emergency exit light at the property

There is an emergency exit light on the wall by the recycling trash area that has been there for years and one of your team damaged the light. They have the small truck drive in the condo building upper garage. Please let me know what is the next step I have to do to resolve this matter.

Please call the on-site property manager, Vanessa at [protected] or you may email me at [protected]@gmail.com

Desired outcome: URGENT

Waste Management [WM] - Residential trash/recycling pickup

01/10/22 Alpharetta/Milton, Georgia. Have used three different trash recycling companies and Waste Management is beyond terrible. In six months they have missed or had more than a 3 day delay nine (9) times. Service for trash and recycling is commonly missed with communcations after the fact. The 800 number takes 45-60 minutes to connect, when chat works it takes close to 30 minutes just to get an agent. Email takes 2-4 days for a response. We are approaching three (3) weeks with no recycling being picked up. They blame on Covid and drivers being out on quarantine? The most unreliable service I have ever experienced. This is an example of "customer no service".

Desired outcome: Communicate in advance of issues and stop with apologies and do your job.

S
Jan 08, 2022
The company has left an official comment on the complaint.

Waste Management [WM] - Employee broke my recycle container!

During my recycle pickup this morning I heard something being banged around in front of my property and when I finally got downstairs to my front door your waste management truck was driving away and my broken recycle container was in the middle of my driveway 5-10 feet from where my trash containers were left! Unacceptable they knew they broke it, it was completely separated from the other containers. The amount of times they bashed it around! the snow was removed last night and they were shoveled out, I also made sure they opened without a problem this morning this is unacceptable. I want this replaced asap and I will not pay for a new one since it was broken on purpose by your employee.

Desired outcome: RECYCLE CONTAINER REPLACED AT NO COST ASAP

Jan 06, 2022

Waste Management [WM] - Residential pick up and lack of response from anyone

Our garbage was not pick up last Friday. We made sure our driveway and turnaround were plowed. The most upsetting part is the driver made a recording trying to indicate he attempted to empty our...

W

Waste Management [WM] - Service was suspended

My service was suspended for nonpayment. I have always paid my bill before it is due. I am completely disabled and live on a fixed income. I called to inform Waste Management that I had suffered a...

M
Jan 03, 2022

Waste Management [WM] - $75 removal fee excessive and not agreed to

On January 3rd, I called to cancelled my service with Waste Management (Customer ID [protected]), since every single invoice goes for up. (July 2021 $101.30, October 2021 $115.91, January 2022...

Waste Management [WM] - Cancellation fee

Called company 12/28/21 to have service cancelled at end of following month, giving them over a month notice of cancellation. My account is in good standing & have never been late on quarterly payments or defaulted on my contract. I was informed I would be charged a $75.00 fee for "cart removal". The cart is their property, yet they want to charge me to come and get it. This is extortion! Apparently, you can never stop service or you will be penalized.
This is just another reason to cancel my service, along with the consistent rate increases & the newly implemented paper invoice fee. I don't know why or how anyone can afford to do business with them.

Desired outcome: Not paying their ransom fee

Waste Management [WM] - Recycle Pick up

Not much to explainm here. It has now been 8 straight weeks that WM has not picked up my recycle. Ckecking the status of the route, WM is claiming that the pick up was made. Since I started using WM, trash pick up works great, recycle...20% they might get my recycle. I have left complaints and when asked to speak to a supervisor, can not get anyone to ever call me back. Oh, so I keep getting told when I call they they will send a "code red" for my recycle. Is that just an inside joke to keep us happy? I have a stack of boxes in my shed that have been building up.

Desired outcome: Pick up my recycle and make drivers accountable when they lie and don't do their job.

Waste Management [WM] - Cancelling service

We signed a contract in December of 2013 for dumpster service at our small manufacturing plant. It automatically renews every three years. It renewed automatically this December. I paid the December invoice. I called the second week of December and asked them to cancel our service as of December 31st. They told me I missed the window for cancellation and sent me a certified letter saying that in order to cancel the service I would have to pay a cancellation fee in the amount of $2, 226.98 plus $185.00 container re-moval fee. They are currently charging me $386.14 per month. Another service in the area will charge me $125.00 per month.

Desired outcome: cancellation of service without charging me for services I do not want

The numbers are not necessarily bad. Even with the cancelation fee, you'd be saving money after one year. So as long as you'd be happy with the other service, I'd jump over.

T
Dec 17, 2021

from what im reading on their cancellation policy, you have about 90 days before the end of your service contract to cancel. from what i understand you called after the renewal of your contract. you were 991 days early to your next window to cancel your 3 year contract [1,005 days would be when your next window is from when it was renewed]. again this is if i understand their cancellation policy.

Waste Management [WM] - Missed pick up

My name is Denise. My regular pick up day is on Tuesdays afternoon. When I got home Tuesday evening I noticed that my trash had not been picked up. I thought maybe they were just running late. I...

Waste Management [WM] - Left garbage cans then said they couldn't pick up for another week

Talked to some really ignorant people at waste management again they said they left the trash containers because of bad weather in southern California while they had a truck hauling butt up the road to pick up others larger metal containers in very difficult places to pick up so I called and canceled the service and they picked the containers up the next day but could not pick up containers until; another week for trash pickup what a joke I am so glad I finally have a new company, yes our containers were put out early the day before cause they can never have a regular time. I watched a giant propane company truck deliver our propane the same day they were supposed to pick up. UPS, Amazon. and a water truck but why the lazy butt WM driver could not pick ours up?

Desired outcome: Pay for out last month what it cost to get another company

Waste Management [WM] - Neglecting billing compliance

Billing hung up on me today during a time when I was trying to solve a repeated billing issue. My bill has escalated from the agreed $67 per three month billing cycle (after a billing inflation...

1 2 3  ...  15