Waste Management [WM] Logo

Waste Management [WM]

Having problems with Waste Management [WM]?

Waste Management [WM] Customer Service Contacts

1001 Fannin Street
Houston, Texas
United States - 77002-6711

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Waste Management [WM] Customer Service. Initial Waste Management [WM] complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Waste Management [WM] above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Waste Management [WM]. Discuss the issues you have had with Waste Management [WM] and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Waste Management [WM]Rate Change

My contract clearly spells out any price increases during the contrat period, which we are currently at.
I've left 3 messages over several days with promises on each message that this would be investigated and resolved.
If this is not resolved within 48 hours- I will be forced to file a complaint w the BBB, FTC, Illinois attorney general.
I trust that this will not be needed.
Thank-you so much for your attention to this problem.

• Waste Management [WM]'s response · Jan 22, 2021

We are very sorry to hear this and would like to help. Please email your address to [email protected] subject COMPLAINTS BOARD with a copy of your post. We are happy to look into it right away. Thank you ^tw

Waste Management [WM]Trash not being picked up

It has been two weeks now since my trash was last picked up on my street, in Riverside (Highgrove). We called today, they said they would send out someone to pick it up, and no one ever came. We are paying for our service and they don't even complete it. We have been sending e-mails, reporting the missed pick ups, and none of it seems to go anywhere. It's not only at my address, all other houses on our street haven't gotten their trash picked up in the past two weeks either. They just mark our street as being picked up when it hasn't been in two weeks now!

• Waste Management [WM]'s response · Jan 18, 2021

We are very sorry to hear about your experience and would like to take a closer look at your concern. Please email your complete collection address along with a copy of your post to [email protected] subject line COMPLIAINTS BOARD and we will reach out right away. ^oj

Waste Management [WM]Convoluted, confusing, and deceptive website

I just wanted to get any updated schedule for my area, and been stymied at every turn. I first tried the local number [protected]), was put on hold for 5min, then was disconnected. I went on the website, but when I went looking, it was like walking through a maze. I did finally get a message to goto [MY WM] under the menu button, even as a guest. I saw NO [MY WM] option available, abd I Still have no idea where the schedule is. It's looking like they do not want to talk to users unless users want to schedule payable services...

• Waste Management [WM]'s response · Jan 13, 2021

This is not how we want you to feel and would like the opportunity to assist. Please email your complete service address along with a copy of your post to [email protected] subject line COMPLAINTS BOARD and we will reach out immediately.^oj

Waste Management [WM]Eastvale Riverside trash truck driver stole our gray trash container

On December 28, 2020 our gray trash container was missing. Fortunately we have a surveillance camera and we reviewed the video and it showed the trash truck driver taking our gray trash container with him. I called it in to WM and I asked the lady I spoke to for the driver's name because I wanted to file a police report for theft of property. My neighbor was told that to replace a lost trash container we have to pay $150.00. The lady on the phone would not give me the driver's name, but simply said they will replace our trash container on Monday, 1/4/21. Today a replacement gray container was delivered in front of my home at around 0745. It is a banged up container and the inside is dirty. These people do not realize I crawl inside the trash container, hosing and scrubbing them to keep them clean because I do not like anything dirty and smelly in my property.

• Waste Management [WM]'s response · Jan 05, 2021

We are sorry to hear about your experience Cecille and would like to take a closer look at your concern. Please email your complete service address along with a copy of your review to [email protected] subject line COMPLAINTS BOARD and we will reach out right away. ^oj

Waste Management [WM]My car window was broken

Hi last week Wednesday, my front passenger window was broken by the trash men that was working that route. No note was left, just a broken window. That I am now forced to pay for TWO days before Christmas. It wasn't a break in nothing in my car was disturbed. I had items of value that was on my floor in the back of the car. It was still there, the only thing that was near my car that day was the trash truck. My neighbor wasn't able to catch everything on camera. If someone can please contact me @ [protected]. The incident happened on 6000 block of Duffield street, Philadelphia, pa 19135.
          I can also be reached at [protected]@gmail.com. Thank you . I did not take pictures of my window, "( its in the shop as I type this). But I will have the receipts form the auto shop, and I can get pictures of the broken glass on my floor and where I was parked.

• Waste Management [WM]'s response · Jan 05, 2021

We are sorry to hear about this Juanita and we would like to investigate further. Please email your contact information along with a copy of your post to [email protected] subject line COMPLAINTS BOARD and we will reach out right away. ^oj

Dec 01, 2020

Waste Management [WM] — Trash pick up

This complaint is about advance disposal we have a law suite against them and the city of centerpoint...

Waste Management [WM]Billed overage for my neighbor across the street with their picture [protected]

They sent me a picture of a bin that was over filled of my neighbor across the street. I called I left a message, never returned call. I called today, was transferred 3 times last one was Cathy Chy, wanted to send some one to verify I am saying the truth. I am a customer for over 25 years. Poor customer service. Time to get a new company.

• Waste Management [WM]'s response · Dec 11, 2020

We are sorry to hear about your experience and apologize for the delay in our response. If you still need assistance, please email your complete service address along with a copy of your post to [email protected] subject line COMPLAINTS BOARD and we will start working on this right away.

Nov 28, 2020

Waste Management [WM] — Missed trash / recycling bin pick ups

My Recycling Bin was scheduled for pick this past Tuesday, November 24, 2020 (bi-weekly service). I called...

Waste Management [WM]Working with the criminal element of waste management

Waste management is a criminal organization on my security camara I viewed waste management pickup my personal waste can 32 gallons and drop it in there truck and drive off, I called and was told that their policy is no replacing but give me a can for 15 dollars a mouth, that is theft of private property.
              I am made to pay for service I don't need, I put my garbage out twice a month but being charged for weekly pickup so I am being strong arm in paying for two weeks of service I don't need but let me put an extra bag in the garbage where the top won't close and I am charge for it. Therefore, there should not be one company serving this market. And I will take my complaint to attorney general to find out what other action I can take and go to social media to find out how many other customers fill the same way

• Waste Management [WM]'s response · Nov 18, 2020

This is certainly not how we want you to feel Kim. We would like the opportunity to take a closer look at your concerns. Please email your complete service address along with a copy of your post to [email protected] subject line COMPLAINTS BOARD and we will start working on this right away. ^oj

Nov 07, 2020

Waste Management [WM] — Dumpster service

You wrote a review for Waste Management 16 hours ago 1.0 star rating11/6/2020 I am a new customer and I am...

Waste Management [WM]Residential service

Waste Management has failed to pick up our trash two weeks in a row now. We paid our recent bill and expected to get a refund since we are moving however are being told that on each bill is a notice that any received payments will not be refunded. Not only are they not providing the service they promised but are charging us another 3 months of use when we are moving. Do not go with Waste Management, look for another company.

Residential service

• Waste Management [WM]'s response · Nov 03, 2020

Thank you for reaching out Eric. We would like to take a closer look at your concern. Please email your complete service address along with a copy of your post to [email protected] subject line COMPLAINTS BOARD, and we will start working on this right away.

Oct 15, 2020

Waste Management [WM] — Double charging for services / rude customer service / incorrect billing

I have been reading a few people that have had this happen to them. I have been speaking with WM for past...

Waste Management [WM]Service

We have been struggling to get service for month. The pick up guys rarely empty both of our containers, they leave our container at a neighbors house, and three weeks ago they broke the wheel off of a cart. They routinely promise to replace the cart but never do. This is incompetent that it Is unbelievable! They can do the most basic of trash pick up. What the heck is going on and why am I paying for this complete lack of service. What a terrible company!

• Waste Management [WM]'s response · Sep 04, 2020

We are sorry to hear about your experience and would like the opportunity to make this right. Please email the service address in question along with a copy of your review to [email protected] subject line COMPLAINTS BOARD and we will start working on this immediately. ^oj

Waste Management [WM]Missed trash pick up

Waste management missed 3 pick up's of my trash service at the beginning of the year. I called the company 3 different times to complain as was told that they would pick up the next day or following pick up. They never picked up the following day and my service only comes once a week. Long story short after failing to pick up three different times I shorted my payment $45 (for missed pick up) and noted the check and remittance. Next thing I get is a collection notice from the company for $45. I called customer service and explained the issue and missed dates and the rep stated that they had very sophicated phone systems and didn't see my call or complaint but if I paid the $45 plus a $15 reinstatement fee on my account she'd look into it further. I said NO cancel my service. I wasn't going to pay the fee and extra for their mix up and during this time they also had 'sold' my contract to Meridian Waste. I also told her to have someone come get their can and she stated that WM didn't care about it anymore it was Meridian's and to call Meridian. I called Meridian and went back and fourth between the two companys for about a month and FINALLY WM picked up their can.

• Waste Management [WM]'s response · Sep 01, 2020

We are very sorry to hear about your experience Karen, and would like to take a closer look at your concern. I am glad to hear your container was finally removed. However, we would like to investigate the billing a little bit more. Please email your complete service address along with a copy of your post to [email protected] subject line COMPLAINTS BOARD, and we will get to work right away. ^oj

Waste Management [WM]Trash pick up

For the last four weeks in a row my scheduled Thursday trash pick up has been postponed to Friday without an email or phone call telling me of these changes. This is very annoying since my trash has to set out all day Thursday in the hot ninth degree temperatures. This, of course, causes it to rot and smell. Also, my HOA does not allow us to leave our garbage cans out in the street for over a day. Every time I call they say the same thing and tell me it may be due to a employee scheduling conflict or a maintenance issue with a truck. After four weeks in a row this is hard to believe.

• Waste Management [WM]'s response · Aug 21, 2020

We are sorry to hear about your experience, and would like to take a closer look at your concern. Please email your complete service address along with a copy of your review to [email protected] subject line COMPLAINTS BOARD, and we will start working on this right away.

Waste Management [WM]Trash recycling pickup

New customer since July. Took 2+ weeks top receive my trash bins. As of today they have failed to pickup my trash every single week since signing up. They have promised calls back, but they don't call back. Superivisors, same story. Today they told me the place has been marked "serviced" in their system but the trash still sits there on my driveway untouched. These people are criminals.

• Waste Management [WM]'s response · Aug 21, 2020

This is not what we want to hear Jeremy. We would like to make this right. Please email your complete service address along with a copy of your review to [email protected] subject line COMPLAINTS BOARD, and we will reach out right away.

Waste Management [WM]Removal of old trash can bins

On or about July 31, 2020, I asked that WM remove 2 of my damaged waste bins whose tops had been ripped off by the garbage collection employees. They agreed to do so at my next pick up, which was on Tuesday, August 4th.
                          On that day, they dropped off 3 new waste bins but did NOT remove the other 3 bins. I emailed or called three additional times and was promised that they would remove the old bins on August 11, 2020. Today is August 12, 2020, and the bins are still in front of my home. I am being fined by my homeowner's association for leaving the bins on the street for over a week. We are trying to sell our home, and the damaged, old bins are an eyesore and diminish the value of our property. I have been a good customer for WM, and prior to that, Blue Barrel for over 35 years. And yet this is how I am treated for being a loyal customer, with lies and failure to act. I need those old bins removed TODAY!

• Waste Management [WM]'s response · Aug 13, 2020

We are sorry to hear about your experience Robin. We would like to assist with the removal of your bins. Please email your complete service address along with a copy of your post to [email protected] subject line COMPLAINTS BOARD, and we will reach out immediately.

Jun 04, 2020

Waste Management [WM] — Contract

Please save a screen shot of any documents you sign online from Waste Management through Docusign app screen...

Waste Management [WM]Missed trash pickup

Waste Management missed pick-up for 5 weeks, starting 4/17/2020. Called supervisor every week to complain, they promise to remedy the problem and nothing is done about it. The WM truck just drives by as if the house did not exist. Most recent supervisor was Adrianna, Empl. ID 0059 who promised that another manager would resolve this, no one called

• Waste Management [WM]'s response · Jun 02, 2020

This is certainly not what we want to hear Andrea. We would like the opportunity to investigate this further. Please email your complete service address along with a copy of your post to [email protected] subject line COMPLAINTS BOARD, and we will start working on this right away. ^oj

Waste Management [WM]Waste and recycling pickup

A WM driver took my blue bin out of my driveway, loaded it on a truck and left. I contacted WM via chat, since the customer service phone numbers were not working due to an outage according to their recorded message. I was told during my chat session, "[02:16:32] Charlie: Thank you for your patience. Our drivers removed all containers that were not being paid for. Your account is registered for use of one trash container, one yard waste container, and two recycling containers. Our drivers have performed a removal of unpaid service containers."

I only had one blue bin to start with, which they took. According to the chat they've been charging me for TWO blue bins. So not only am I being over charged, but they took the one blue bin that I had.

• Waste Management [WM]'s response · May 13, 2020

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are disappointed to hear that your experience was not a positive one. Please email your service address along with a copy of your post to [email protected] subject line COMPLAINTS BOARD and we will address this situation immediately. ^oj