Reservation Counter Logo

Reservation Counter

Having problems with Reservation Counter?

Reservation Counter Customer Service Contacts

2961 W Maple Loop Dr.
Lehi, Utah

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Reservation Counter Customer Service. Initial Reservation Counter complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Reservation Counter above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Reservation Counter. Discuss the issues you have had with Reservation Counter and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Reservation Counter Complaints & Reviews

Reservation CounterNot honoring hotel's reservation cancellation

I made a reservation with what I thought was the hotel Comfort Inn & Suites, Murrieta, online. It was not. It was reservationcounter.com. When I went to the hotel directly to talk about the reservation, they said they did not have a reservation for me. They indicated they had been having problems with both reservation counter.com and hotel beds.com. I spoke with the General Manager/District Manager. Because the email I received from reservationcounter.com said "each room is subject to the hotel's cancellation policy", the General Manager/District Manager issued a cancellation of the reservation. Reservationcounter.com refuses to honor this cancellation and is pursuing the charge of $2902.03 on my credit card. I have no "picture" as required below, but I have pdf files of the cancellation from the general manager/district manager.

Reservation CounterUnauthorized Credit Card Charges

I did an internet search for Comfort Inn & Suites in Murrieta, CA on 10/12/2020. The link was misdirected to reservationcounter.com. I made a reservation for 12/5/2020 to 12/31/2020. A few days later my credit card reflected a charge of $2902.03 and $12.99, requiring prepayment. I went to the Comfort Inn hotel in person to ask why they required prepayment and they said they didn't have a reservation for me and that they were not affiliated with reservationcounter.com. I attempted to cancel the reservation, which was denied by reservationcounter.com even though the confirmation email stated " the reservation is subject to the hotel's cancellation policy". I spoke with the General Manager of the Comfort Inn hotel, Mr. John Wang (john.[protected]@johnsonhospitalitygroup.com) and he issued a cancellation for the 12/5-12/31 stay on 11/3/2020 cancellation #[protected]. Since November 2020 reservationcounter.com continues to pursue a charge of over $2900 on my credit card and will not allow the dispute to be resolved. Reservationcounter.com has not accepted the cancellation issued by the hotel.

Jan 01, 2021

Reservation Counter — Hotel booking/terrible customer service

"With more than 1 million properties to choose from and more than 10, 000 room nights booked every day, we're...

Reservation CounterPretended to be Hilton

Jay dif not introduce himself and pretended to be the hotel. He had the opportunity when I tried to give him our Hilton Honors number. I was told to do that at the desk. Then, again, when I questioned the final charge being higher than the price quoted I was told discuss fees and tax with the hotel. He did not clarify their added on fee of $7.99 in addition to their fee added to the room charge. Reservation were at Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville North Skyline 12/21/2020. Called them to resolve and refund within 10 minutes when I realized who they were from the charge. Louis or Lewis told me he would call me within 15 minutes. An hour and a half later I called them back. Still no refund as told their team would look at it and email me in 48 hours. #[protected]

ReservationCounter.comcancellation scam

I reserved a room thinking it was the hampton inn. when I realized it was not I tried to cancel immediately. but when you try it gives you an 844 number and then keeps you on hold for hours. I waited 5 hours and no one answered the phone. Then when I went back to the site, there was a different 844 number. don't use this website at all. I tried many times trying to cancel online and it kept giving me a message that it can't be cancelled and to call the number.

cancellation scam
        cancellation scam

Aug 13, 2020

Reservation Counter — Hotel reservation

I booked 2 rooms at the Red River Inn in Thackerville Oklahoma. When we tried to check in they didn't have...

Reservation CounterScammers

They are frauds and scammers this company is out her robbing people be aware of reservation counter they will steal your money and not give you back a refund. Be careful they are pretending to be hote and they are actually a company stealing money and double charging you for the room. They claim the hote policy is the only way for refund but when you call them they will tell you no refund

Reservation CounterRefund of a room charge

On June 10, 2020 I made a reservation thru ReservationCounter.com at Hampton Inn and Suites Baton Rouge I-10 East by mistake attempting to cancel a reservation at the Hilton hotel the Hampton Inn and suites reservation was Cancelled. I attempted to stop cancellation and was told I could not. I made another reservation and trying to get refund not to pay for the same room twice. Have spoke to Hampton Inn and Suites and Reservation Counter.com but they point the finger at each other. Would like to get my $433 dollars back for the first reservation

May 06, 2020

Reservation Counter — Cancellation or future credit due to covid

Res #VKHVMRN I called today to get a future credit or a refund on our stay at the Radisson (Blue Aqau) in...

Reservation CounterThe refund policy of reservation counter

Booked reservations in Austin & San Antonio Tx. Basically was told it did not matter that a crisis (Covid 19) was taking place no refunds are available. I asked the receptionist that "I basically donated money to your company. She replied yes that their are no exceptions despite what is going on in the world." I asked about vouchers and was told once again no refunds...

Website is ReservationCounter.com

Res #'s are R1872764880 & R1872790621

Reservation CounterI have not received my refund due to the coronavirus

I have spoken to reservation counter numerous of time about my refund due to the Coronavirus. They have told me my refund will be in my account within 48 hours since March 11, 2020 to present which to is now March 31 2020. I spoke to the supervisor Marriott ask well on March 31, 2020 He stayed I have to wait 7 more days. The trip was 280.00 dollars which reservation Counter took out my account on 3/4/20. My reservation was for the courtyard Marriott on 3 14 2020. I am on fix income I need this money.

Nov 06, 2019

Reservation Counter — room rate changed

I called the number on what I thought was the Wyndham sight and thought I was registering for a room for...

Reservation Counterdeceptive and misleading conduct

Misrepresentation at its worst! I thought I was booking directly with the hotel (I went to what I thought was the hotel website but when I clicked on "reservations" I was apparently transferred to this 3rd party scam travel company. I booked 3 nights in a FL hotel and before I knew it, my credit was charged for the entire stay PLUS taxes and fees that ended up being 58% of the room rate! Outrageous! When I requested a breakdown of said taxes and fees, the representative told me flat out that he could not disclose those.
                  I have reported this scam to the BBB and noticed this travel company is on alert with the Federal Trade Commission for "misleading and deceptive conduct." Wish I'd known this and was more alert before booking, but they were very sneaky in securing my reservation before I realized who I was dealing with.

Reservation Counterdeceptive business practices

Several issues regarding the deceptive practices of this business.
                    1. Misleading business practices - Although it appears on the website you are working directly with the hotel you are actually dealing with a 3rd party booking agency.
                    2. Immediate charges to credit card when room is booked, not on the effective reservation date which may be weeks or months later.
                    3. Overcharges - The full amount charged (less the booking fee of $12.99) is NOT sent to the hotel resulting in an overcharge which is retained by ReservationCounter.com.
                    4. FTC charges for misleading consumers - See this link for FTC article.

Details of my experience:
                    In July 2019 a reservation was made through ReservationCounter.com for one room for 9 nights at an Ohio Best Western Inn. By all appearances on the Website it looked like we were dealing directly with Best Western and placed a phone call to book a room. We later discovered there is no relationship between this agency and the hotel.

After discussing the rates with the agent, we agreed on a total amount to be placed on our credit card in the amount of $1, 251.81 which included a booking fee of $12.99. However, upon checking-in at the hotel on August 11, we found that only $950.55 of the $1, 238.82 balance had been transmitted to the hotel leaving a discrepancy of $288.27.

After several phone calls and emails with representatives at ReservationCounter.com we received no explanation on why the full agreed upon amount of $1, 238.82 was not forwarded to the hotel. (They claimed the full amount was sent but would not provide proof of this.) Hotel records reflect the lesser amount of $950.55 was received.

Clearly this is deceptive and possibly fraudulent on behalf of this booking agency. At the very least, this agency should inform the customer that only a partial amount charged will be forwarded to the respective hotel.

If you use ReservationCounter.com I would I confirm in writing the actual amount of the total being charged (less the booking fee) that is being forwarded to the hotel.

Reservation Counterhotel reservations

Reservation Counter is an absolute scam of a company. They are completely misleading and have absolutely no decency when it comes to customer service. We called to make a modification to a reservation from 2 rooms to 1 and did so by the Oct 15th 10am deadline. However the "reservation agent" said that the only way to change to 1 room would be to cancel and make a new reservation which would then not be cancellable without penalty. this absolutely should not have been done, they should have just canceled the 1 room. I called back less than 10 minutes later to just cancel it completely in full without penalty and they refused. Over $400 when the change was made by the original reservation deadline. This company is an absolute joke and has NO business representing any such hotel in hospitality

Reservation Counterhotel booking

ReservationCounter.com hijacked my hotel site and charged me 30% more than the hotel. Their terms and restrictions appeared after they charged my credit card along with up charges not mentioned at the booking. Why with all the listed complaints has this company been able to continue these deceptive practices. Why does hilton put up with this???
                        I called their number. I was told it was not possible to refund my money. I talked with a supervisor after a long hold who only gave her first name. She, norma, said she couldn't give me any information other than her supervisors first name, michelle. She said I could do an email but she couldn't give me an address, didn't know who owned the company etc. What a job!

Reservation Counterreservationcounter.com

My husband rooms through this company and while he booked it he saw that this reservation said it was non refundable so he called them directly and while on the phone their employee said he would walk my husband through changing (yes CHANGING) the reservation so that it can be modified if needed so if we needed to change the date earlier or later by one that we could do so for a fee. We NEVER cancelled the reservation! Their employee (yes recorded conversation exists that proves this) instructed my husband what to do online which basically instead of changing per our request for help cancelled the reservation then rebooked it immediately within a minute. We have the same days but this company has now charged us twice stating that we cancelled online so there would be no refund. I know this company is unethical and will not refund our money after 2 conversations with them so I want to warn others not to use this company. We will be filing a dispute with our credit card company and I will make sure I do everything I can to help others from falling victim to this scam.

Reservation Counterreservationscounter.com

Reservation Services is a scam that people need to avoid at all costs. My son made reservations thinking he was speaking to Drury Inn and Suites (a great hotel chain that we have stayed at many times) and they reserved not just the wrong hotel, but a hotel in the wrong town. Then when he caught the error three days before his stay and tried to change them to the correct hotel they refused. Said they'd have to review the recording then said he failed to decline the reservation and denied the lady spoke poor English making it impossible for him to understand her. My husband followed up with the company, speaking to several representatives and nobody he spoke to spoke good English. Beware because they will deny accountability and will rip you off.

ReservationCounter.comcharging more for room at hampton inn than the actual hotel does

I booked a room for two nights at a Hampton Inn in Cumming GA near a hospital where my husband's surgery was taking place. This online reservation site never stated they were independent of the hotel. They charges more for the room along with a booking fee. I don't have a problem with paying a small booking fee, but I found out they charged me way more than the Hampton Inn does . That is fraud.
                              My advice to everyone out there is to never ever use this site to book any reservations - it is a rip off!!

Reservation Counterreservation counter is running a scam

I thought I was dealing with Holiday Inn Express to make reservations in Vernon Connecticut for my nephew's graduation, but little did I know at the time I was dealing with Rent a room/Reservation Counter. Our reservation was from June 10, 2019 - June 15th. Our flight was canceled on the 10th and I called Holiday Inn to report that we were not going to be there that day and they told me I had to contact the third party, Rent A Room. I had no idea what they were talking about. When I made contact with Rent A Room the staff told me that we were not able to be refunded for the night we were not able to be there due to Holiday Inn's Policy, but when I called Holiday Inn they turned it back on Rent A Room. We had to pay for a night that we were not there, and not by our own fault. Rent A Room (all emails had the name Reservation Counter) gave me 3 different reservation total's. Of course the final total was the most expensive of the 3 different total's given. Not to mention that if the Third Party would not have gotten involved, the Holiday Inn total would of been much cheaper. The website I went to had a picture of Holiday Inn Express. Every thing I dealt with (to make the reservations) seemed to be Holiday Inn Express except it was not. Beware people!