Having problems with JustAnswer?

JustAnswer Customer Service Contacts

P.O. Box 29045
San Francisco, California

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with JustAnswer Customer Service. Initial JustAnswer complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for JustAnswer above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about JustAnswer. Discuss the issues you have had with JustAnswer and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

JustAnswerUnannounced Monthly Membership Fee

I had no idea that I would be charged $34 for a monthly fee. When I looked at my bank account, I called them immediately and was told that it would be reviewed and that my membership was cancelled. Today I called back letting them know I did receive an email but that the fee was not cancelled. This is their response, I kid you not. "Since I was charged the $34 fee, they cannot reverse it." How could I cancel if I didn't know about the monthly fee? I told my phone rep that I'm upset at them and that the $34 isn't a big deal, but I am definitely leaving this response up to warn anyone else not to use this company.

JustAnswerIT support payment

The following paragraph is what I have tried to email to JustAnswer several times now but the 'submit' button is never highlighted, so I can't send the message. I have tried to initiate 'chat' several times but to no avail...

"I was in touch with one of your technical support staff on the 2nd of November regarding a microphone issue. I was asked to pay £5.00 which I was told would be refunded so I agreed to this. Then it was suggested I paid £35.00 for a virtual session which I agreed to as I was so desperate to resolve the issue. But nobody was available to deliver the virtual session and the issue was not resolved. I was not told I was signing up for a monthly subscription. Please can you refund me the £5.00 taken on 3rd November and the 2x £35 taken on 13th November and 14th December. Order ID [protected]-376 with agent SaloniM. I have been seriously mislead here. Many thanks in advance"

Regards

Lucinda

PS I have managed to unsubscribe

JustAnswerThis company will not do the right thing when it comes to money

On Dec. 26th, 2020 my dog wasn't feeling well, so I was online researching his symptoms when just answer chat popped up asking if I wanted to be connected with a real veterinarian. It was a Saturday night and only hospitals were open, so I answered yes. They had me sign up for a trial for $5 and when the trial ended if I didn't contact them to cancel, I would be charged $29/mos until I did cancel. So when I read the email from Just Answer telling me 1/3/21 was the end of the trial, I called their customer service immediately the morning of 1/3/21 to cancel. It turns out they had already charged my credit card the full $29/mos at 1:30 am in the morning. I explained to them I never intended to have a membership, that I cannot afford it, especially on top of the $1500 vet bill I have from my dog going to the hospital the day I used Just answer's services. I spoke to 5 different people from Just answer's customer service line and they WILL NOT refund the money they sneakily charged at 1:30 am the day the trial ended. They were rigid, told me there was no one that could help me, that the charge was valid, and they will gladly cancel my membership but they are keeping the money they took for a full month of service they won't be providing. I do believe this is not only wrong, but this is how they unjustly make free money; it goes to show what kind of a company they are and how little they care about the people they are supposedly trying to help. These are the kinds of services online that should be avoided like the plague...companies snagging you on the line and counting on charging you on a technicality in their contract that they will tell you they can do in a "gotcha" type way hook line and sinker. I hope that someone hears the outcry of all the people feeling wronged and helpless, especially in this these times of need, what happened to good faith and morality?

JustAnswercharges on my card

I was on a trial of 7 days . and still have days. Now I have 3 charges on my card for
        $39.00 1 charge for $16.00 and 1 charge for $23, 00. I canceled on Dec.31 problem not solved with first tech so ask again and got Benjie and he solved problem in 10 minutes and I am still on my trial days. I want these charges dropped from my card. This all happened from Dec 1 till Dec. I have proof of cancelation in a letter dated Dec 31 2020 Thelma

JustAnswerpayment

I paid $1.00 for a TRIAL membership on 12/25/20. I asked 1 question which the answer did not help me at all. I called customer service and cancelled membership immediately on 12/25/20. On 1/1/21 I saw a deduction from my checking for $46.00!!! I cancelled subscription and was charged for another month?? What kind of business is this? I cancelled again and I'd like a refund for my $46.00.

JustAnswerUnauthorized billing

On December 25, 2020 I contacted JustAnswer. via their website, with a question regarding use of the registered trademark symbol in an apartment community newsletter. I did not want a telephone consultation. I was charged $5 for a "trial" question. When asked if I wanted to continue the monthly service, I told them that, "no, this was a one-time question and I have no need for their service." That was to be the end of it. On December 29 I received an email asking to rate Lori and stating that "tips" are greatly appreciated. They even suggested several amounts. I rated her a 5, stating that she was accurate, prompt, and professional; and gave her a $9 tip. Now, on December 31, my bank card was charged $60 for January, 2021 service. This was never agreed to, nor authorized.

JustAnswerDebit to my matercard in the amount of 83.64 for a service that was never provded. I want a full refund as I find this very dishonest

On Dec 12/2020 I contacted Just Answer for some legal advice regarding a will dispute. I informed them from a chat session that I was Canadian and clearly stated that I needed legal advice pertaining to Canadian law. They informed me that for a one time fee of $83.64 Canadian they would put me in contact wit a lawyer to answer my question. Reluctantly, I agreed as they seemed like a legitimate company. So, contact was made via live phone call, and the first thing the lawyer asked me was, what state I was calling from. When I mentioned that I was calling from Canada, I was immediately notified that I was in contact with an American firm and they could not deal with a Canadian legal issue. The lawyer assured me that I would not be charged due to an error on behalf of the system and the call was terminated after less than 60 seconds with no legal advice received. My Matercard has been debited for $83.64 and I want this resolved immediately. Regards

JustAnswerJust Answer

Sue Huybensz

I called for help to unsubscribe from VPN and paid a dollar. Today, I see a charge for $46 on my account. Apparently I now have a monthly subscription to Just Answer! I am disabled and my finances are limited. There is no way I would sign up for such an expensive service. I asked twice for a refund and was denied because "when I asked a question I agreed to their terms of service", which included the membership. Fine print indeed! Membership rules should be printed where they are easily noticed. What a sham! I would like a full refund! I bet Just Ask makes most of their income from from people who don't read the terms of service!

Just Answer

JustAnswerFraudulent Credit Card Charge

Called for one question. Got my answer was charged $5. Bank company alerted me that Just Answer was charging my card $34.00/month. I said no I didn't authorize that amount so bank canceled the charge but had to cancel my card and issue a new one which means I have to change all internet info. Called customer service and told them what happened and read the riot act to the [censored] that tried to tell me I was wrong. Do not trust justanswer.com, it is a ripoff organization!!!

JustAnswerJust answer veterinary

Called for one question. Got my answer was charged $6. Credit card company alerted me that Just Answer was charging my card $65.00/month. I said no I didn't authorize that amount. Called customer service to cancel my service for the vet. The woman said it was cancelled as my credit card was declined. Thank goodness for notification services of some credit card companies! Called my credit card company a month later and Just Answer had tried 4 more times to charge my credit card over the next 4 weeks. I had my acct changed but they are still trying to charge me. $65. A
                    month no less. Get you in with the $5 first question. But can't seem to cancel.

JustAnswerMarketing scam stuck their hand in my credit card and stole $65.00 for a membership I did not want.

After writing this Jeff Cavilini sends out his email responses jeff @ask.justanwer.com using pseudo names Adrian B., Pearl Wilson, P Junnel again reflecting he thinks were all FOOLS. - Jimmy Jr. High Games!

- Mr. Cavillini - response to my email below - "With this structure, our customers know that if the answer or their experience is unsatisfactory, their deposits will be fully refunded as part of our 100% satisfaction guarantee. "

Me - Silvernail - clearly Mr. Cavillini should follow up and give me a full refund or is this just another unprofessional marketing scheme by Just Answers unprofessional staff - trick???

Me - Silvernail email - Dear Pearl Wilson & P Junel, Adrian B. email to jeff cavallini

If you review my past history with Just Answer I used, you quite frequently. Your price for the information [which was much more intricate advice from lawyers] was upfront. Being a straight-shooter, I appreciate knowing upfront exactly the cost. This gives the consumer, i.e. me, the power to decide or to decline.

You have solicited a classic Marketing Group to Catfish your customers for instant gratification. They incorporated one of the oldest catfishing schemes on the planet, and they should be FIRED. Your consumers are not Fools. In the end this scheme for revenue will bite you, undermining any and all trust built over years in your client base is the risk you gamble with.

Once you lose the trust from your client base, it will be unrecoverable under the Company name "Just Answer". Of course, I'm sure you will be able to establish a newco with a different name. Exactly what a Company does after they have caused their own problem. The Fish Rots from the Head.

Marketing people generally speaking have no brilliance, no imagination, no authenticity, and zero integrity, just a robotic gift for catfishing and pretense. You should ask yourself how much have you paid out to this Marketing Group who came up with this, not merely but incredibly obvious copycat game?

I am 71 years young and I am going to start a blog in 2021 - tips for consumers. I have time and have learned a lot over the years and want to share.

Paying an unexpected $65.00 membership for a basic "A" leads to "B" which leads to "C" question is undoubtedly and absolutely outrageous.

Good Luck,

Rebecca Silvernail

JustAnswerJustAnswer charged me $46 along with a $1 charge and several $ .10 charges for a service I never asked for

I called Just Answer to ask a question. I read on the website that I could have a trial free question, so I called. When I was told that it would cost $20 for an answer I said I did not want an answer for that price. I did not want service at all from them as I felt their approach was not just.

I called Just Answers again when I saw a charge for $46 dollars. They transferred me to someone who would only give me his initials J.V. He informed me it was my problem if I didn't read all the information on the website and I would not receive a refund.

This is a very unethical company and its employees should not be allowed to continue working over the Internet.

JustAnswerWhy did I get charged for months from the site "(just answer.com)" when I never knew I was getting charged and not once did I ever got a confirmation

Justanswer.com took more then 120.00 from my credit card!. I never used there site in any way for them to charge me..I never asked any question and got a answer EVER!!! And they billed me for months without me knowing. I never got a email confirmation of any sort for all these months that they were billing me. I found out( Justanswer.com) were taking out my money that I never agreed to from my card, cause I happen to catch onto there scam months later after money was just disappearing from my credit card for no reason!!! I never seen any scam like this before!! The troubling thing is that many many many people are falling into this SCAM on line!!! Just look at (Justanswer.com) reviews that will tell you everything!!! I don't know how or why they have not got sued or how this company (Just answer.com) is allowed to keep STEALING from people!!!

JustAnswer$46 monthly charge not properly disclosed

From [protected]@gmail, com I thought I was signing up for $1.00 never saw notice of a monthle$46 charge. Cancelled my account the next morning when I saw the charge on my credit chard. Called and requested a refund and got a run around by 2 employees, I asked to speak to their supervisor and after a wait of about a minute was informed that the supervisor would return my call after they got off the call they were on.
                            No suprise supervisor never called.

I don't know how you stay in business!
                            Joseph reardon
                            [protected]

• Pa
                                Pansy Blackwell Dec 12, 2020

That is the way they are doing me. They hid the 46.00 charge. I charged on a debit card, and not a credit card. I am waiting to here them by email. I got no where, when i spoke to them by phone. She was not sympathetic. These Hindus are all crooks. I threatened legal action.

JustAnswerDebits to my barclaycard

I have received my Visa statement and it shows 3 debits to this JA-Exprt.com,

I only signed for a trial of £5.00 and for nothing else.

You have debited me £30 Membership Fee on 6/11 2020 and another £30 for an Expert on 3/12/2020

I have no knowledge of these debits and would like an explanation and a refund for these 2 amounts. I have been mislead and taken advantage of.

PLEASE REFUND THESE AMOUNTS AT ONCE.

JustAnswerUnauthorized enrollment

I phoned Just Answer with a single question which was not resolved. I expected a minimum charge. I did not enroll in a monthly subscription. Yet, I received a $37.00 charge on my mastercard 11/01/2020 for "Membership". I am instructing my credit card company to ignore any charges from JA-EXPRT.com. My phone calls to the firm get disconnected as soon as I mention the word cancellation. Help! [protected]@gmail.com

• Pa
                                    Pansy Blackwell Dec 12, 2020

I was a dummy too for contacting them in first place. I got a bill. I was against hope this would not happen.

Nov 19, 2020

JustAnswer — Online service and privacy issues

Confidential and personal information in a question I posted on the JustAnswer website is still online and i...

JustAnswerLies lies and lies

I did a free trial membership and they said it was only $5 for questions. After that I canceled my membership. Then I saw a pending charge of $65 on my account. I called and they told me it was temporary. Then I saw it posted the next day. I called back and she told me I canceled it too late. These people are phony and the customer service sounds phony too. The people involved should be living on the street.

JustAnswerUnauthorized charges!

I think I replied to JA-Expert for a $1 question/answer thing.
                                    But JA-Expert has been charging my card $46 a month ever since! I tried
                                    to cancel it but now it pops up on another credit card account and I am calling my bank 1st thing tomorrow morning to cancel all charges!
                                    I did not want this service and can't seem to stop it so I am going to have the bank get my money back for me!

UNAUTHORIZED!

JustAnswerOtros consumidores

Igual que otros consumidores mi queja es por el cobro abusivo que he sido. Yo nunca solicité una membresía, solo cometí el error de realizar una pregunta por la cual pagué en su momento, considero un robo lo que ustedes hacen.
                                      Por lo que solicito el reembolso de los US 29, 40 cargados a mi tarjeta de crédito. Me gustaría que sus cobros fueran justos.