Complaints & Reviews

Justanswerripped off

Within hours after I joined, I decided to cancel my membership. I never used their services. However, when I noticed a $66 charge on my visa card, I contacted them and received an email that stated they would cancel this charge "as a courtesy". It was never canceled. I've been getting the run-around trying to get someone to help me. Certainly feels like a scam. I just want the $66 refunded.

JustanswerJust Answer has billed my bank account $68 without my permission

On or about 2/20/20 I used the website JustAnswer to ask a question about my car. The wanted $1 to put me in touch with an expert. The expert wanted more money so I told him never mind and got off the chatline. Then my bank account was charged $34. I went to my bank and asked them to investigate. This morning my bank account was charged another $34. I called the bank and canceled my debit card so JustAnswer can not bill me in the future. I know now that I should not have given them my debit card number. I called JustAnswer customer service and got a young lady with an accent I could not understand as I am almost deaf. Canyou help me get a refund? Thank You! My e-mail is dfs730 @hotmail.com

JustanswerRemoved $39.00 from my bank account, I did not request or use their services

Removed $39.00 from my bank account, I did not request or use their services

JustanswerCancelled subscription

I cancelled my subscription months ago. This subscription was on an account not used much and kept with a small balance. I have just noticed a $34 charge AGAIN posted making the account negative. This has happened a couple times now

Justanswer$29 is being taken from my account after I cancelled this scam of a service that I never signed up for

Last night I realized you all were taking $30 out of my account for no reason I never signed up for any services from you all this is a complete scam I canceled this action via your website and now this month another $29 and some change is coming out of my account I want my money back I want it returned as soon as possible I'm contacting the better business bureau about this situation you guys are thieves I want my money back at once

JustanswerUnauthorized charge

On March 5th I submitted a question regarding a legal question of which I consented to five dollars. Just a few days later, I saw a charge for $45.00. I contacted customer service and was told I was automatically signed up for a trial membership which was never disclosed nor did I sign anything or give my consent. I contacted the better business bureau and complained and am waiting to hear from the senior customer service manager for a full refund. This is a scam.

JustanswerConsultation services w.r.t to medical

HI Team

One time I just asked the question for that I was charged without any answering the question

second thing I was charged erroneously without subscribing ...
Please refund the money immediately

Just Answerunauthorized use of my credit card

Last May i had a question and gave my credit card number for $5.00 so that i could get the answer I needed. I never use this card so as I was doing my 2019 year end close out I seen that from last May 2019 Just Answer has been withdrawing $48.00 per month. I did not authorize, agree nor confirm any type of membership or monthly fee to these scam sucking bunch of thieves. Reading all of these reviews today about these no good unethical bottom feeders tells me im not the only one that has been used.

Since you will not answer the phone or return my emails here is my phone number so you can call me and let me know when you are going to refund my $480.00 that you illegally stolen from me.

Dan
[protected]

JustanswerTechnical assistance with Optimum cable TV box failure.

I was referred to a JustAnswer chat box through the Optimum customer service system. I no longer have the link or the text of the chat. It took place during the week of February 10 or 17. I did not request a membership as this was a one time only transaction for a specific and limited problem. Today I discovered that my credit card was charged for a membership on March 2 or 3. That charge was not authorized, must be reversed immediately, and no further charges made. I do not want a membership.

Justanswerjustanswer.com

Used this service was referred to by Google.
My husband's phone froze up we're told by phone company it was a Google Issue. Google said we had to use Just Answer as there Tech service. This Service was a big Joke!. Never got any where finally got an expert who I am sure is just a computer not a real person. Gave answer which didn't work! Payed the $5 for the first question. Then after going around and around with this expert telling us to use a password we didn't have.( Biggest part of the proplem) Tried explaining this to the expert over and over for a week and just getting the same answer that didn't work every time. It was like talking to a wall. I finally asked to cancel said no proplem then asked why filled in that question and told why. And it said membership was cancelled. Then a month and a month later I was charged $45. Dollars. When I signed up it said it was $5. For the first question then they said 25. A month. I thought I had cancelled. So when I went to the sigh and signed in tried talking on line to them about cancelling they tried hooking me up to a lawyer. I said no don't give me a lawyer I just want to cancel and could not find the cancel button under my account. Just went around and around again not getting any where tried all kinds stuff. Finally I got a number to call so I did it took 20 min to finally talk to a person. When folder what happened that just wanted to cancel and Wanted my money back. She said I signed up for the 45. 70 day plan. I told her I didn't but she kept insisting I did. She did cancel My membership. Better not get charged again. There money back guarantee is a joke. Going to cancel my card tomorrow after reading some the other complaints. This sight is not worth the Head ache. And I sure will not be buying a Google Phone ever if this who they use for Tech service!!. Just answer.com in my opinion is a big Joke!. Run from this Site! And Don't look back
Save your money!

JustanswerMisleading offer - unwanted charges to my credit card

I am a legally blind octogenarian, but I enjoy using my computer with my limited residual vision. I was having trouble with a fillable form on the Amazon site and sought advice from Amazon on how to solve the problem. I was transferred to JustAnswer with the promise of all charges, except a basic $5 fee, being refunded. I assumed, wrongly, that JustAnswer was working in conjunction with Amazon to help Amazon customers. My bank statement for January/February 2020 arrived and I was surprised to see that JA raided my card on three separate occasions for a total of $126.77. There has been no promised refund. The simple piece of IT advice I received ("Switch to Google Chrome") might be worth $5 but not $100+. JA appears to use obfuscation and complex procedures on its website to confuse and to wedge customers into unnecessary charges. After reading other reviews I am concerned that JustAnswer will continue to find pretexts to withdraw money from my account. I will now be obliged to cancel my card and be issued with a new one to safeguard my account, as I now do not trust JustAnswer with my card details.

Just AnswerUnauthorised deductions

In December 2019 I logged on to Just answer as i needed assistance to recover gmail account password . They asked for my card details for a R65 payment required for a trial period which I agreed to. To my surprise they deducted R599 on 02/01/2020 and on 28/01/202 they deducted without my CONSENT. I tried contacting them but my attempts were futile. This is a fraudulent act.

• Updated by Therealb2l · Mar 04, 2020

The services I have been charged for have not been rendered.

JustanswerUnauthorised credit card charges

In mid-January I asked for your help in solving a problem with my computer. On 20 January my credit card was billed with 36.90 euros plus 5 amounts of 0.10 euro, another of 0.50 euro. The problem was partially solved, I had to finish it myself.

On 29 January my credit card was billed with 44 euros for no reason whatsoever, perhaps I had not given a grading of 10!

Then on 26 February, another 44 euros was billed for no reason at all.

I now expect you to refund the two amounts of 44 euros that were totally unearned by your service.

Cecilia Reilly

Just Answertelephone call that never happened

the lawyer was supposed to cal me back to discus my problem they took the money from my bank account adn despite my requesting it to refund, i never got an answer or my money back. i want my money a. I never got to speak to him or resolved my problem. THIS IUS FRAUD THEY TOOK MONEY AND DID NOT GIVE THE SERVICE. DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR FROM LAWYERS.

JustanswerTaking money under false pretences. Internet scam website.

I asked a legal question using JustAnswer website and pair £5.00 for this which gave them my bank details. I never got any answer, just an email saying things like this can take some time, would it be alright if they kept on looking. I then forgot all about JustAnswer. I could see from their email that a had paid £5.00 for a free trial. Then I got an email today the 27th February, and this was an invoice to say that JustAnswer were going to take £40.00 from my bank account for my full membership. I immediately cancelled this and have an email to support this. However, when I checked my bank statement I found the JustAnswer had taken £40.00 from my bank account on the 5th February. For nothing. Why on earth would I want to give JustAnswer £40.00 a month for nothing! This organisation is a fraud. It should be banned by Google. I want my money back. Copyright 2019 JustAnswer LLC. All rights reserved. JustAnswer is a trademark of JustAnswer LLC. P.O. Box 29045, San Francisco, CA 94129

JustanswerJA-Exprt.com.answer

I never asked for membership for this site and I have been charged $50. I want to be taken off this site.

• Updated by Marjorie Lee · Feb 27, 2020

This is a scam and I want to be taken off this site. I was charge $50 and never asked to be put on this ridiculous site.

Justanswerillegal use of my credit card.

I made 5.00 last week asking a question that their so-called expert did not know. I canceled the day of that 1st. Call. A week later there is a 34.00 charge on my checking account! I called and got a run-around! Going to bank to pay for a stop payment. This company is run and operated by crooks. Do not use this company! What is really incredible is that when I typed in a question the girl "ellen", tried to get me to join again!

JustanswerWow man money back I didn't give me permission to take it on my Account

I don't know what this is all hail you are god my account but I want my refund back because I am very mad at you are taking it out of my account without my permission I want to see our a do you head back

Just AnswerJust Answer Membership I did not sign up for

Good morning

In October 2019 I asked a couple of questions in your 7 day trial period and incidentally did not get relevant answers relating to Scottish Law. To my surprise I found £40 had been deducted from my bank account on both November and December. My bank cancelled further payments. I did not agree to membership and therefore there is no contract between us in law. Having read many complaints about your company I can only deduce that this is some sort of scam. It appears that you lure people in to your membership with the promise of a 7 day trial. To say that I am unamused is an understatement. Grateful if you would refund the £80 to my bank. This is the third time I have e-mailed and no reply. Thank you. Kay

Justanswertrial

I used your services for one day for the trial period of a week. I then paid the $5 and afterwards immediately cancelled your services online through your website using the same computer I am right now. Your company has since then charged my account in the amount of $60.00 without my consent or authorization. I want this money returned to me within 24 hour our I am filing a complaint with the BBB and Attorney Generals Office.
I have tried several times now to have this fixed and keep getting the run around. I have Photos of these attempted conversations through your chat. Your chat line is also an unsecure webpage that My information is being asked for from your agents. I have been frauded once from your company and will not expose my information further.
I not waste anymore time with your company. If this is not fixed in 24 hrs. I will proceed as needed.
The date this took place was on 2/11/20.
[protected]@hotmail.com
Account ending in -0397

Sincerely,
Tanya Currie/Billings

Justanswerunauthorised use of credit card

I asked 1 question and got 1 reply in dec 19 now my bank statement for jan/feb 20 shows a £45 deduction to just answer for membership fees which I did not apply for. It was just 1 question and 1 answer. Now cant get intouch via email or phone so I will be taking this matter futher, unless I can get a refund. They were quick to take my money but cannot contact anyone to help.

Justanswerongoing charges

I signed up for a $1 trial membership. Now iam being charged $39/month membership fee and no way to cancell. I want two monthly charges refunfed and all future chages cancell.
Got it? Refund and cancel!
Refund and cancel!

Just Answeryour business

I joined Just Answer on a 5 day membership through Banfield Vets. I was told I would recieve an email to accept or reject a full membership. I did not and now have been charged the $29.00 for the past two months. I have sent 2 emails requesting the deductions be reversed and my relationship with the company terminated.
John P Galllon
[protected]@schroedlcleaners.co,

• JustAnswer's response · Feb 24, 2020

Hello Pat,

Thanks for letting us know about this. We're sorry for any confusion about the payment for the site.

The membership charge amount and information is presented to all customers on the payment page prior to entering any billing information. After the question is posted and the membership is agreed to, we send a receipt E-mail, as well as a payment reminder E-mail, 3-days prior to the recurring billing.

We can confirm that your membership was turned off, that the most recent membership charge was refunded when you contacted Customer Support and, you will see no further recurring billing. You can continue to use the website to post questions as you need and you will be asked to place a deposit on a question-by-question basis.

Please reach out to us if you need any further assistance and we're happy to help in any way we can.

• Ka
    Kaya60 Feb 15, 2020

I joined just answer on a five day trial, I did not receive an e mail to accept or reject a full membership and have now been charged £50 which I can not afford at this time. I want a refund of this money I have contacted Just answer and they say they are not going to refund.
    Denise Ross

Justanswerja-exprt.com

A few days ago I was searching for an air filter for my J-SKY Chainsaw, and was visiting their website. The date was around the 7th of Feb.
A message came up regarding an expert and I presumed it was with regard to J-SKY staff, so agreed to a $2 payment to find the part.
This involved giving my credit card number.
Imagine my surprise to find a charge of $NZ70 against my card a couple of days later, I think it was Feb 10th.
Incidently I heard nothing further from Just Ask an Expert, and didn't find the answer to my question.

My name is Graeme S Smith, and I want my money refunded in full please.

Thank you.

Justanswermembership fee

I just got off the phone with customer service to cancel my membership which has now been canceled. I thought I had till the 11th to cancel but was informed that today was the day it would be charged to my card. When I explained that I did not want my card charged I did not want a membership I was told on the website there was a disclaimer so no refund could be given. Checked my account and a $60 charge is pending. I understand I am a day late but I do not understand why that charge cannot be reversed since I have obviously not used the service and have no need for the service.

Justanswerja-exprt.com*membership [protected] ca

My Merrill-Bank of America Visa statements lists on 02/02 a $50.00 membership charge from the company above. I have never heard of JA-EXPRT.COM, and I suspect they have somehow stolen my Visa credit card number. I called the company today to request a refund of the $50.00 membership charge which I never requested knew nothing about. The representative spoke rapidly with an accent, and I had trouble understanding him on the phone. He asked for my email, which I gave him, after my continuing to press for a refund. I suspect the company will not respond. I will go ahead and cancel my Visa and obtain another number.

Dale G. Johnson
447 Northmont Way, Salt Lake City, Ut 84103 (phone [protected])
(cell phone [protected])

Justanswerxbox

While in contact with microsoft they mistakingly transferred me to justanswer. Who immediately wanted to know what my problem was with xbox, for $5. I told them I did not have a problem with xbox but with microsoft. I closed the connection. Now I am charged $74.42. For absolutley nothing. And I want a refund. I will be going to fair trading and my bank with this outrageous rip off, it is theft.

Justanswera legal question about attorneys

I called just answer way back in October and asked a legal question about what I could do about charges my son was incarcerated on but only had a public defender & was informed that he would only get probation, then on his court date he was convicted & sent straight to jail. I was curious as to if there was anything we could do because he was not guilty of the second charge at all. It left me to take care of his 3 yr old son.
I paid the initial $5 dollar fee for my question, I was not happy with what I heard because it was what I had already known. I immediately cancelled my subscription after the call that afternoon, my son has since been released, & now I find a $55.00 fee withdrawn from my account, months after the fact? I am requesting my money be refunded immediately since I am disabled & it was a Government issued card that my disability payment is received on that this money was taken from. Please email me at [protected]@gmail.com with any questions or with a confirmation email that my money was refunded. That you for your understanding & timely response.
Diane Rafferty

Justanswerunauthorized credit card charges

In the latter part of 2019, I went online to seek assistance with a legal matter. By per chance I came across 'Justanswer'. I entered my credit card details as directed. Because of the time factor (I reside in Australia) the reply to my question was not forthcoming for my problem to be answered by the required due date, therefore my asking for assistance from Justanswer was of no benefit at all.
I have since had a deduction(dated 4th February 2020) made from my credit card without my authorisation!!! I did not sign up for membership, so please do not assume that deductions can be made without my consent. The total amount deducted is $66.00 (Australian Dollars). I would appreciate a full refund please at your earliest convenience.
Order ID: [protected]-553. John Melis. Solicitor 28th Novemeber 2019
Thank you. Rosemary Cameron.
I have passed this correspondence onto the Australian Competition & Consumer Commission (ACCC).
Watchdog

Just Answer UKthe fraud that has been perpetrated by just answer uk

I asked a Legal question, paid the £5, then was told the answer would cost me £44 and I said something like "I don't want to pay that kind of money", left it, and got a satisfactory answer, for free, from Google ... I have just looked at my Bank Account and Just Answer *Expert has taken £50 from my Bank Account (Reference [protected] GB) ... I gave no Authority for this money to be taken and it is therefore Fraud which I will escalate, in a very public fashion, unless I am reimbursed this money immediately.

the fraud that has been perpetrated by just answer uk

Justanswermonthly membership

A few months ago I logged in with a query about my Epsom printer and was asked to pay for the answer. I've just checked my credit card statement and notice that I"m being charged a monthly "membership" fee!!! I absolutely did not request this service at all. I had a ONCE OFF question I needed help with. I see it says that you can log into your account and cancel this membership but when I try and log in it doesn't recognize my email address ([protected]@iwebz.co.za). Also keeps saying I'm entering the incorrect password but as I cannot log in with my email address, I cannot change my password.
Please advise as I absolutely do not want this membership and would like the charges reversed as I in no way agreed to any kind of membership.
Regards
Alison Gadenne

• JustAnswer's response · Feb 07, 2020

Hello Alison,

Unfortunately it does not appear that that E-mail address has bene used to create an account on our site. It seems that you may have sued a different E-mail address when you registered. If you do not remember the E-mail address, you can reach out to our Customer Care team from the Contact Us page and we should be able to help you get logged back in.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Justanswerinability to cancel

Hi everyone, I paid my $5.00 for the free trial and received my answer. Call me crazy, I had a sick Betta fish.
Watch for the email indicating your temporary password

Sign in with it and change your password to create an account.
Go in and change your password and cancel the account.

On day 3 of the trial I read through this forum and am disappointed with myself for being so foolish. I attempted to get customer service and chat to confirm I cancelled before the trial period ended and to send me confirmation I cancelled and no further charges will be incurred. No answer and they can't help. So I had to call my bank and report it as fraud and get a new card. Hoping this helps others as trustworthy business transactions are rare. I was desperate to get help for my fish. I feel foolish.

inability to cancel

• JustAnswer's response · Feb 07, 2020

Hello Shelly,

Thank you for getting in touch with us about this. We're sorry to hear that you had trouble connecting to one of our Customer Care agents.

We also have the option to call or E-mail our CS team as well. These options are presented on the Contact US page right alongside the Chat option.

Please reach back out to us if you need any further assistance.

JustAnswer Customer Care

Justanswermoney was wrongly deducted from my account

My name is ike great osita, my email address is [protected]@ yahoo.com. I lost this account and sort the help of just answer experts to help me recover it. I was charged $1 for that which I paid via my debit card. This was on the 28/01/2020. Subsequently my account was recovered after the payment. Then on the 04/02/2020, the sum of $47 was deducted from my account by just answer experts without any transaction or request from me and with just answer experts. I am therefore appealing that this said amount be reversed and paid back into my account with immediate effect because it is totally abnormal and uncalled for. Thanks

money was wrongly deducted from my account

Hello,

Unfortunately, CompalintsBoard does not supply us with any of your personal information, and we are unable to locate your account.

If you still need assistance, please reach out to our Customer Care team from the Contact Us link on the Help page and we're happy to help in any way we can.

Justanswerbilling for nothing

Hello there
I have been paying you monthly fee for nothing without noticing until now. Please stop taking my money and I would be thankful if you gave back to me what you have taken from my credit card. I tried to ask a question some months ago and did not get any answer. So I think you owe me both money and an apology.
Magni Hjálmarsson
Súðarvogi 48
104 Reykjavik
Iceland
+[protected]

Justanswerhelp with cancellation

Earlier this month I bought something by mistake so searched for Amazon service, Just answer came up, the robot asked the problem which I wrote they then requested $5 refundable !, Iwas told I would wait 2 minutes but waited 20 mins, lost patience & hung up, $5 was not worth angst. On tenth ofJanuary $69 was taken from my account at no time did I agree to that.
All this plus foreign fees it's immoral.
Please rectify this problem.
Anne Duffy phone 0433583258q

Hello Anne,

Just Answerjust answer

I agreed to a £5.00 refundable one week trial. The money has been taken from my account within three days. I cancelled my subscription within fifteen minutes when in answer to my question the reply referred to a question asked nine months ago. This American set up is clearly a dishonest, rather nasty form of scam. Even this complaints system is telling me that my complaint is too short and is unlikely to be answered! Whatever happened to brevity as a desirable element of communication. I rest my case. I say again, "I rest my case!"

Hello,

The membership charge amount is processed after 7 days. If there was some error in the timing of the processing or if you cancelled and were still charged, we are happy to look into this.

JustAnswer Customer Care

Justanswerwebsite set up to make it difficult to cancel on own, so they can keep your $

I entered my CC info for a question to be answered during my trial period. But when it came time to cancel my trial and avoid being charged, the system kept telling me that my password was wrong, and when I tried to change it, the temp password did not work. So I was unable to access my account, and unable to close the account in time to the avoid the $29 fee, which JustAnswer says is forfeit and will not be returned.

Hello,

Thanks for letting us know about this.

Justanswermonthly membership fee?

READ RIPOFF RIPOFF SCAM SCAM!!! Do Not USE SERVICE. LOSE $45!!! When using this service it clearly states they charge you $5.95 for answering your question. Some $$ goes to charity. Nice. But nowhere do they CLEARLY state that this is a trial membership that will turn into a monthly one within 7 days unless cancelled. They sent me numerous texts about how my question was answered, rate the provider, service etc. reasonably they could of sent a text about membership fee. BUT NO. Nothing about a membership fee. I honestly thought this was a pay per call service with the way they presented it and "hooked" me online. " your medical question answered by a professional for $5.95. ". I received a charge on my credit card of $46. I called the 1-800 and she said oh yes we sent an email to you stating the membership was a trial for seven days. I found that email they sent the same night I used the service in my spam. All it states is Plan: Plus Trial for $5.5 until 01/31/2020. There was a link to tell me all of the great services I would get but nowhere does it mention a monthly fee or membership. This is a rip-off with no transparency-a TOTAL RIP-OFF. I will file with the Attorney General of my State-I suggest ANYONE having this experience do the same. You can do it online, it's free and takes a second. If they receive too many complaints from consumers, the AG will not allow them to operate in the State.

monthly membership fee?

Hello Mary,

Justanswerjustanswer

Debit, -dated 12/10/2019 9n the amount of $50. from my (Roland Bouchard) Bank Account : 2704 POS Debit 221001 *membe800-240-13 71 Ca

I was informed that the Error would be Corrected by You & a remittance would be credited to my Account.

As of this date... my Bank Account has Not received the $50. amount.

******************************************

Hello Roland,

JustAnswer Customer Care

Justanswerjust answer ask an expert a question

I went to the website of this company and paid $5 for a "free" trial and received an answer to my question which was less than satisfactory. Since then I have had $66 taken from my credit card. I did not authorize this transaction and I can't speak to anyone to get an answer as to why this has happened. It is a very unsatisfactory situation and it seems that the only option I have is to cancel my card and try to get the transaction reversed by my bank. NOT HAPPY!

• JustAnswer's response · Jan 30, 2020

Hello,

Unfortunately, ComplaintsBoard does not supply us with any of your personal information, and we are unable to locate your account.

• Updated by Nola Gullidge · Jan 31, 2020

Thank you for responding to my complaint, however the fact remains that I did not sign up for membership and never received an email receipt as you suggested. I think you should have a serious look at how you conduct business as it gives your company a very bad name. I have also noticed that there are a lot of other dissatisfied people to whom you have done the same thing. I certainly will not recommend your company to anyone and in fact have posted details to my facebook account