National Car Rental Logo

National Car Rental

Having problems with National Car Rental?

National Car Rental Customer Service Contacts

1800 946 541 (Ireland)
1800 691 682 (Australia)
+1 844 393 9989 (Customer Service (USA)
+1 844 307 8015 (Customer Service (Canada)
+1 800 367 6767 (Roadside Assistance (USA)
+1 800 268 9711 (Roadside Assistance (Canada)
+1 844 382 6875 (Reservations (USA)
+1 844 307 8014 (Reservations (Canada)
+1 877 881 5500 (Business Rental Customer Support)
+44 800 587 0904 (United Kingdom)
+351 800 781 377 (Portugal)
600 Corporate Park Drive
Saint Louis, Missouri

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with National Car Rental Customer Service. Initial National Car Rental complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for National Car Rental above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about National Car Rental. Discuss the issues you have had with National Car Rental and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

National Car RentalService

I was refused service by an employer named Ivan, stating that I was with someone who provided a paper license which had nothing to do with me. I'm a commercial truck driver and I provided my CDL and credit card and was refused service. You can't assume because there are two African American in the same place that someone is trying to pull a fast one. Very distasteful, racism will not be tolerated in the times we are living in. This also will be forwarded to higher ups. I've dealt with National and Alamo for several years and have never been treated in such a way.

Service

• National Car Rental's response · Oct 26, 2020

Vacou, I apologize that our service did not meet your expectations we would like to look into this further but need some more information. Please email the details of your rental, your contact information, exact rental office, and your reservation or rental agreement number to [email protected] Thank you –Carol H.

Jul 12, 2020

National Car Rental — Rental not closed at ft lauderdale airport

Reserved a luxury car online, reservation #[protected], arrived on 7/04/20 to chose a car and there were only...

Jul 10, 2020

National Car Rental — Rental car

We picked up a 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe from the MCO airport. We were driving from Orlando, FL to Lawton OK...

National Car RentalA manager at the greensboro airport location

Manager was very rude i'm a emerald club member I chose a car they had in the lane and he wanted to charge me extra for it I went back through my reservation and rented that car now he say to me there's no selling drug or smoking weed or selling or drinking moonshine in our cars I ask him not to say those things to me I singed my paper work he then snatch them for me with my id and card and told me he can say whatever he want to me and then call the police on me and told them I threatened him police came after I had already paid for my rental heard his story and band me from national car rental

• National Car Rental's response · May 13, 2020

Carlos Pickett,
        Thanks for your feedback. We appreciate it when customers tell us about their experiences. I have forwarded your comments to our Piedmont Triad upper management team. I have asked that they review your concern and contact you directly. As this will take several complete business days, your patience is appreciated.
        Respectfully,
        Carol H.
        Reference # [protected]

Feb 27, 2020

National Car Rental — gso customer service unethical behavior at greensboro airport

-Date of incident: Feb 18, 2020 -Client number: [protected] -Confirmation number: [protected] Last week upon...

National Car Rentalunable to reach national rental location.

Tried to book a reservation through Air Miles online and were unable to book the type of vehicle we wanted. Wanted to reach the National rental site in San Jose del Cabo airport, to see if we could book online with Air Miles, but then make a change directly with them. Tried to call National at San Jose del Cabo Airport, but the phone call wouldn't go through. Called National Customer Service to confirm the phone number, which was correct and dialed correctly. CS would not provide an email for the location (were not allowed to - which makes no sense), so offered to send a note to that location to call me. I never received a call. I then asked for help from the phone operator to assist with the call, but was unsuccessful.

We've been loyal National customers for years, and have found this very frustrating. Reaching a location should NEVER be difficult. There should be a generic email that you could give out to customers.

We have since rented from Alamo.

• National Car Rental's response · Feb 18, 2020

Nicole Lehmann, thank you for your feedback. It's never our intention to inconvenience a valued customer. We're happy to speak with you directly. To do so, please send us a detailed email to [email protected] include the exact rental location, your contact telephone number, your claims, rental agreement or reservation numbers and any further information regarding your experience with us. Thanks again! - Carol H.

Feb 10, 2020

National Car Rental — roadside assistance

Very unhappy Executive Elite member Tim Trout On 2/7/20 My rental car broke down in Thief River falls MN. Due...

Jan 06, 2020

National Car Rental — maintenance problems

As an Executive Elite member... I thought loyalty was something rewarded to customers... etc.. I have a...

Dec 18, 2019

National Car Rental — missing paperwork in car

I was renting a car at National car rental on 12/17 at Lihue, HI. In Hawaii. all vehicles are required to...

Nov 07, 2019

National Car Rental — wrong credit card charged and now can't fix it and on the hook for vehicle damage

This is a case where the wrong credit card was charged for my rental car which prevents me from covering...

Nov 04, 2019

National Car Rental — unhelp, unsafe, gps not working, additional charges

My name is Christine Carew and I recently had the unfortunate experience of renting a car from National Car...

National Car Rentalcomplaint

Please make them turn down the volume of the commercial, extremely irritating, all I do is mute as quick as I can to prevent neighbors from complaining as I'm in a condo! Definitely irritates me enough I'll never rent from National!!

Oct 08, 2019

National Car Rental — issue with the billing-overcharging

Incident number: [protected] Rental agreement: [protected] Hello, On 5th October we hired a car from the above...

National Car Rentalillogical policy regarding adding additional drivers

My friend rented a vehicle from the Atlanta Airport National Car rental location on 9/25. As she we preparing to return the car on 9/27, her hip slipped out of the socket rendering her unable to walk or drive.

We live over 1 hour from the Atlanta Airport. I tried to have my name added to the contact so that I could drive the vehicle back to the airport. After 7 phone call, wandering thru endless menu options (many were loops leading back to where I started) -- talking to 4 agents including an escalating customer service person -- I got this answer:
          "We cannot add a drive except at our office. "

Is that what you'd call a good customer experience?

I have been using rental cars for 48 years, I have frequently added drivers by faxing and send a copy of the persons drivers lic. (And I was ready to send my lic -- but no one would take it.)

Bottom line. A drive becomes incapacitated. The car is over an hour away from the rental office. The only way to add a driver is to drive a second vehicle to the office to add the driver (3 hours) and then drive the rental car to the office!!

Thankfully there are plenty of other options.

I hope someone will exercise a bit of common sense and realize that when an emergency happens -- the standard policies are not at all responsive to the situations.

Wayne Kurzen
          [protected]@comcast.net

National Car Rentalcard wrongfully charged. poor customer service

I recently rented a GMC Terrain on 9/22. 9/23 National closed out my rental and charged me for having a Nissan Centra. I never rented a Nissan Centra and I am currently still in the GMC Terrain which National has no record of. I called customer 4 times and sent an email to have this situation resolved, and was told that there was nothing they could do. I just needed to wait for the site to give me a call. This is absolutely ridiculous seeing as I have called three days in a row and no one has yet to return my call. The customer manager seemed to not even care that my credit had been charged without my authorization for a car I never had. He got very defensive and told me there was nothing else I could do but wait. He was very rude and defensive when I told him that I would blast my issue on social media and reach out to corporate to get this resolved. He told me that his department is the department that reaches out to corporate "so who you gone reach out to"

• National Car Rental's response · Oct 22, 2019

Jua14, we'd like the chance to address this with you directly. Please email [email protected] with your contact information, the reservation or rental agreement number, the exact rental office location and any other details so we can research this promptly. Thank you. – Carol H.

Sep 09, 2019

National Car Rental — car rental / *beware thieves*

*be aware* thevies * unethical employees from check in clerks and management. We rented a car fronmmnational...

Sep 06, 2019

National Car Rental — being blamed for damage on a car without additional information / scam

I rented a car out in Charleston, SC on July 31st 2019 and returned the car to Myrtle Beach, SC on Aug 4th...

Aug 11, 2019

National Car Rental — illegal towing, full refund requested with personal items

My name is Tuan Dang, member of Emerald Club #[protected]. Phone contact: [protected] Email...

Aug 06, 2019

National Car Rental — unethical behaviour

I rented a car from National Car Rental in Englewood CA on 7/19/19. I had reserved a mustang convertible...

Aug 06, 2019

National Car Rental — missing in action

So you rent a car online... bookings are usually so easy... you arrive to pick your booked car up and no...