Having problems with Maytag?

Maytag Customer Service Contacts

1818 329 2100 (Mexico)
+1 800 344 1274 (United States)
553 Benson Road
Thu8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Fri8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Maytag Customer Service. Initial Maytag complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Maytag above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Maytag. Discuss the issues you have had with Maytag and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Maytag Complaints & Reviews

MaytagMaytag washer/ Sharper Solutions

I purchased out Maytag washer about 4 years ago. The date would have been the beginning of November 2016. This original purchase was made through Home Depot.
Once hooked up it ran fine for a week or so. I found it would not churn or drain correctly and I called Sharper Solutions who handle the warranties for Home Depot. After 3 attempts to fix the washer, they finally replaced the washer on 11/16/16. The 2snd washer worked for a while, it began doing the same thing, again after attempted repair, they brought in washer # 3 in July of 2017.
In December of 2020 it all began again, not spinning and not draining. I again called Sharper Solutions and a repair person came, stated there were 6 parts that needed replacement.
It is now week 4 of not having a washing machine and waiting on parts.
I ma so incredibly disappointed with Maytag and who handles the warranties. There is no communication and no sympathy or resolution anytime soon.
There are only 2 of us who live here. There is no reason whatsoever to have such a irresponsible product. I raised 3 boys and I had a Maytag that lasted me 20 years. The dryer I purchased with the current problematic washer also takes 2 spins to dry a load.
I am asking for a complete refund of money so I can go and purchase a washer/ dryer that works. and I don't have to run to the laundromat after a full knee replacement to do my wash. This is greatly interfering with my daily life and the incompetence's is not something to ignore.

MaytagMaytag washer

Dark colors come out of the wash with white residue. I've tried every suggestions given. Less soap, warmer water. I use HE soap. I even put them through a second wash with no soap and they still come out with the residue. I have put the washer through a couple of clean cycles.
    This machine is less then 6 months old.
    Please help.

I can be reached at
    [protected]@comcast.net

Linda Vaillancourt

Maytag washer
    Maytag washer

MaytagWashing machine model MVWB865GWO

I purchased this machine about 1 1/2 years to 2 years ago and have had a problem from the beginning with the machine leaving soap residue when I wash dark clothes in cold water. I have tried using less soap but that does not seem to make a difference. What I have been having to do is to run a second rinse for usually about a 1/3 of the clothes that I just washed and this takes extra time as well as using extra water.

I recently googled on this problem and saw that you were able to "resolve" the issue for another individual so I am reaching out to you to see if you can resolve this issue. I am really frustrated with this and never had this problem with my previous machines.

MaytagReplacement parts for a Maytag washer

Nov 4, 2020 two replacement parts (under warranty) were ordered from Maytag through their approved service company (Sun Appliance) and still the parts are still on order. Maytag does not reply to any requests for an update of when these parts will arrive.
        To call Maytag customer serivce [protected]) is an endless wait for a customer service rep...they just do not answer..

MaytagMaytag door lid

Bought was 5/3/19-Oct. 19 replaced door lid-not even 6mos. Later had to replace again! It crumbles in the left hand corner both times! Now Dec. 2020 it did it again same place!! Help I have to tape it to use it & put something that weigh around 5#'s!! Karen Lyssy [protected]

Maytag door lid

Maytag PartsDigital Display Part# WPW10201915/CNTRL-ELEC SO#[protected]

I received this part last week and it is not the right part that is P0#[protected]. I have NOT installed or taken it out of the packaging since I have found out the real problem is the temperature sensor that is at fault. When I called in to return the part I was told, because of your electronic policy, by the CSR and Supervisor there are no refunds. That is not an acceptable answer or policy since I have not even touched the part sent to me and you would resell the part again since there are no issues whatsoever that I have caused to render it unsellable again. I spoke today to the Supervisor and all I heard from them is I will be receiving a call from someone higher up within 48 hours. This part is $250 and I know whoever is reading this email would feel exactly the same way given the circumstances. Please give me satisfaction for full credit or will go as high up as I need to for as long as I need to.

MaytagWasher model mvwc565fw1

Washer will not spin in the spin cycle. Repair man said the plastic hub was stripped . When the hub was removed. The metal shaft was rusted and stripped also requiring the gearbox to be replaced washer is only 2.5 years old. The estimated cost to fix will be 3 to 4 hundred dollars. Looking on line this seems to be a common problem with this machine. This should not happen with less than 3 years of use for a family of 2. Can Maytag help with this issue.

MaytagMaytag

Issues with this washer from day one after 30 days completely quit & it took a month and a half between waiting on customer service, coordinating repairmen and getting part that was on backorder. Only spins out 1/2 of the time & now wrapping our good clothing around the agitator completely. Cost me tons of time and money going to the laundry in August & September & Now the temp is in the teens! Now it is messed up again and I dread going through this whole hassle again.

Maytag

MaytagMFT2776DEM00 REFRIGERATOR

Purchase date :07/22/15 for $2, 248.75 / 10/26/2016, parts replace wpw10705283 board, w10619962 heater, wpw10443217 valve, wpw10589837 board, and here it is december 2020 and broken again front panel has little or no function, no ice, and no cold.I will never buy a maytag or whirlpool product again, 5 years from a product is unacceptable, thats$ 38.11 per month, . I can do better . Im very unhappy, i had a whirpool washer that lasted 4 only 4 years. Never again.

• Maytag's response · Jan 04, 2021

Hey JoAnne, we completely understand your frustrations and apologize for any inconvenience this situation may have caused you. To easily schedule service online with one of our Local Certified Technicians, please visit the following link. https://bit.ly/31WPKQu

Dec 18, 2020

Maytag — MVWB765FW

The digital display on our Maytag Washer model MVWB765FW, bought 3/22/2017, failed overnight (whilst the...

Dec 17, 2020

Maytag — Defective door part mfb2055frz maytag fridge

Small plastic part on bottom of right door is broken (see enclosed photo) Phoned Coast appliances and they...

MaytagWashing Machine-General customer service

2019 new Maytag washing machine was purchased in October 2020 from Sears in Dublin, GA. Beginning in December 2020 the machine started draining out of the bottom instead or the tubing. Started trying to contact Maytag on December 15, 2020. I was disconnected twice, maintenance referral was given to a company that doesn't service, wrong numbers were given, and finally I used the chat service. I was again referred to Massengil Expert Services but once I corrected and she tried to contact them, she corrected that they do not have a technician. I am now waiting the 3-5 days on a resource team to find a service tech. I paid too much for a new washing machine to be without a machine for this long. I should at least be reimbursed for the 1 hour I had to take leave to do the calling and the money spent in the laundry mat.

Maytagwasher

Maytag customer service is pathetic, impossible to deal with and should be closed down.. It takes a minimum of 40 minutes to connect to a customer service representative, then the fun starts. I am a 40 year customer with a brand new washer that does not work properly. After 3 service calls they determined that the gear box needs replacement. At the 21 day point i ordering the gear box, Maytag claims they sent the gear box to my repair center, (but have no tracking number} who claims they have not received it and they cannot follow-up with Maytag--so I must call Maytag and get them to call them.

I have spent over 300 minutes on the phone for three calls with no solution yet and best part is each customer service rep tells me what I have to do--they have no capability to make anything happen but seem to be able to send you around in a circle. Yep I always ask to talk to their supervisors who solve nothing and will not refer you to a higher level

The needed part is a gear box W11423758, my preference is to get a refund and apology from Maytag for wasting my time and making me feel embarrassed that I trusted Maytag

Colonel Patrick Malvaso [protected]

• Updated by Patrick J Malvaso · Dec 14, 2020

I am a terminally ill cancer patient taking daily chemotherapy and bought new Maytag appliances as a safeguard for my wife in August 2020. Maytag warranty customer service is so poor it is beyond belief. Our new washing machine caused problems from day one and after 3 service calls they determined the gear box needs replacement. The part has been on back order since last service call on 11/07/2020 and may be available around 01/21/2021. This is all the good news!!! I have made over 10 calls to Maytag customer service, [protected], wait time ranges from 40 to 60 minutes, the answered call often drops off with no call back option. I normally get referred to another department since no one seems to have an appropriate answer. SUMMARY: I am now embarrassed that I have been a Maytag customer for over 40 years, I have been put on hold, lied to, misled and now find out that I can only get service status by calling [protected], Maytag has no interest in directly providing me status nor reasonable customer service. Colonel (R) Patrick J Malvaso, [protected]

Maytagwashing machine

called maytag 11/9/20 for service they said G&G would come 11/23/20 which they did and stated had to order part and would take 5-10 bus. days its now over 10 days no part.When G&G called they told me to contact maytag and see if they could get part. Tryed calling maytag kept being placed on hold from 1/2hr to 1hr and got no one. Is there anything you can due to help

MaytagService

I purchased an extended warranty through maytag direct. To get ahold of a representative is a complete joke. The online chat is all automated. I have been on hold for over an hour for live agent. My washer is broke. I have scheduled through a third party as maytag has made no response to me at all. I purchased an extended warranty for what? I am now paying 300.00 for a real person to come fix. Maytag... Are you just a computer???

MaytagWashing machine

Maytag Commercial Washing machine
                            Mod# MVWP575GW0
                            SER# C73880604

I purchased this machine 2 years ago and have nothing but problems with it going out of balance. I have had the service people here many times and they have checked it and re-leveled it, tight down the nuts on the leveling feet and told me how to re-level it if it goes out of balance again. I have lost track of how many times I had to re-level it due to it going out of balance. I have has Maytag all my life and this has been one of the worst purchases I ever made. I feel they should have some type of guide rollers on the drum that help keep it balanced.

RESOLVED

• Maytag's response · Nov 23, 2020

We value your time and would like to look into the concerns with your Washer. Please reach out to us directly via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/whirlpoolusa or Twitter @WhirlpoolCare. We’re looking forward to hearing from you.

MaytagDryer medb855dc4

Purchased a Maytag MEDB855DC4 dryer along with a MVWB865GCO washer from Lowes on 10/10/19. On 11/17/20 the dryer stopped working. Called their Customer Experience Center and waited for an hour on hold. Finally just hung up and called an appliance technician. Technician came out two days later and told me the drive motor was burned out. Called the Maytag Customer Experience Center again and was told the drive motor was a special order and wouldn't be available until January 27th, 2021. What good is a limited warranty if the only part they warrant on a dryer takes over two months to arrive? This is a $900.00 dryer. Very disappointed in Maytag. Maytag is obviously not the same company they used to be.

MaytagWasher

Purchased washer in january of 2019. Has been worked on at least 3 times so far. Not spinning out now.. And company wants me to pay for the labor.
                                Don't see how that is fair after paying 600 dollars for it less than 2 years ago. I would like to have the option of replacing this model in the hopes that I could get one that is more dependable.
                                Farm requires a dependable washer.
                                Thanks Kelly

Nov 17, 2020

Maytag — Kitchen appliances

Purchased a full complement of maytag kitchen appliances back in 2015 at a total cost of near $4000. I have...

MaytagWater valves

30-INCH WIDE FRENCH DOOR REFRIGERATOR WITH EXTERIOR WATER DISPENSER- 20 CU. FT.
                                  MFW2055FRZ

Bought mid-September 2020, Received October 27th. The next day, we connected the water to but the fridge's water valve was leaking (Manufacturer issue), unable to use the water dispenser and ice maker since. Service call been made but waiting on the parts since. Parts are taking a long time as per the repairer, unable to enjoy our new fridge to the fullest. Very disappointed in the product. Was going to buy a new range from them but will now consider purchasing from another brand.