Complaints & Reviews

Top load washing machine — The machine makes a grinding noise when it spins.

My machine has been serviced 3 times and even has a new drum. It will not spin again. The machine is less than 3 years old and I absolutely cannot believe that it has been serviced as often as it has and just broke again within the 90 days of being serviced. Absolutely ridiculous for all of service calls expense I have incurred for such a new machine. Machines on your website are to last at least 10 years. I feel that we have a lemon of a machine and no amount of repair will get it to work effectively unless I wash two pieces of clothing at a time. My service call have been documented and the appliance repair service that Maytag uses has the service call request. I plan on calling tomorrow to schedule another service call. How many times does an appliance have to been serviced before it as actually replaced with a new machine. I will never purchase a Maytag again. So very disappointed at the quality of the machine. And no offer of replacement by Maytag.

Gas range/oven MGR8775AS control knobs

Have a Gas range/oven MGR8775AS. Works well except...

Control knobs are plastic with a silver foil coating and the coating came off when we soaked the knobs in water with hand dish soap. this should not be the case as this should be an expected method of cleaning the knobs. Clearly these are defective with respect to standing up to reasonable use.

I would like five replacement knobs suitable for the range/stove I have.

Gas range/oven MGR8775AS control knobs

washer model mvwcs565fw

I agree with the complaints I have read online about this washer not putting in enough water to wash clothes. I bought mine Nov 2016 & hate it Will be buying new washer this spring. That's a bunch of crap about the water coming out like a shower over the clothes because it doesn't put enough in it to wash clothes properly period & why would you use the deep wash cycle for just a few clothes? My dark colored knit type dress pants come out with soap stains still on them EVERY time I wash them even when I use the 2 rinse cycle & I am using the correct type of detergent & not overusing amount of soap. I always had Sears Kenmore washers & my last one lasted 28 years with only 1 minor repair. This thing is junk.

[Resolved] dishwasher

Maytag dishwasher only three years old. Motherboard and wires starting melting. Had our electric company ins policy on it and they said its gone, throw it out. Glad we were home or our house would have burned down. Maytag should repair this as it would cost us just as much as a new appliance. We are seniors and cannot afford to replace or to hire a repair man.

Wp2008 Feb 19, 2020

Hi Hank Winkler, thanks for the review. We regret to hear that your Dishwasher is not living up to your standards and are happy to look into this with you. Please reach out to us directly at 1-800-344-1274, via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/maytag/ or Twitter @MaytagCare. Let’s see what we can do for you!

[Resolved] bravos washing machine

Bought this machine 4 years ago because Maytag had a reputation for being the best. I have to say after the problems and unreliability issues we have had with this machine, as well as the company's unwillingness to take care of it, we will not consider buying another product from this company. Enough is enough. Drum has been replaced twice and it still doesn't clean well.

Wp2008 Feb 17, 2020

Hi MarkHayes, thanks for the review. We regret to hear that your appliance is not living up to your standards and are happy to look into this with you. Please reach out to us directly at 1-800-344-1274, via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/maytag or Twitter @MaytagCare. Let’s see what we can do for you!

[Resolved] commercial washer model mhw6630hw0 ser c84650185

I bought this washer 1 yr ago from Lowes. The first service was in Sept. Since that time I have had 2 boards and a door lock replaced. Your Customer Service can do nothing but keep sending service out to see the washer. We have one service provider. Every brand can have a lemon and this seems to be yours. Please fix or replace. Replace would be better. What a shame for Maytag to have sunk to this reliability.

Wp2008 Feb 12, 2020

Hi Badwasher, thanks for the review. We regret to hear that your appliance is not living up to your standards and are happy to look into this with you. Please reach out to us directly at 1-800-344-1274, via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/maytag or Twitter @MaytagCare. Let’s see what we can do for you!

[Resolved] white residue and pods not dissolving all the way

Maytag MVWC565FW1 has never properly rinsed my dark loads. I have used Tide Pods and tried liquid detergent also but my darks still come out with white residue or pods not dissolved. I have tried all water temps, settings and levels and have cleaned the washer numerous times but no good. When I contacted Maytag before they basically said nothing more could be done and sorry about my luck. I am not happy with this machine and have not been since day one. I had this professionally installed 11/1/18 and have had trouble from day 1 I HATE THIS MACHINE.

• Maytag's response · Feb 06, 2020

Hi Cathy Cook, thanks for the review. We regret to hear that your appliance is not living up to your standards and are happy to look into this with you. Please reach out to us directly at 1-800-344-1274, via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/maytag or Twitter @MaytagCare. Let’s see what we can do for you!

[Resolved] maytag washer model mvwc416fwo

I purchased this washer a
Year and a half ago. I have had several Maytag appliances in the past and loved them. When my washer went out I got a Maytag and didn't purchases extended warranty because I've never needed to. Last Maytag I got fifteen years out of. Here I sit with a dead washer that is sixteen months old. First cold water would come in because control panel not functioning right so I flipped water line into it so I could wash with cold because part cost $300. Washed a load of cloths today and agitator broke off base of tub! What's happening to Maytag? I need a washer!

Wp2008 Feb 03, 2020

Hi Sherry, thanks for the review. We regret to hear that your appliance is not living up to your standards and are happy to look into this with you. Please reach out to us directly at 1-800-344-1274, via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/maytag or Twitter @MaytagCare. Let’s see what we can do for you!

range

Brand new and used less that 4 months and the stainless panel on the front around the window starting to come off. A tech said it's put on with something like double faced tape. Seriously? VERY POOR QUALITY. Then door was so hard to open and shut and would have a loud pop. Repairmen comes out and stated it is the spring and hinge and ordered parts.
They came and I went to use oven and the door falls off. What a piece of JUNK !!! Repairmen will be here in 4 days. I have to prop it up with the box the parts came in and has to stay like that until it gets fix

• Sh
    Shaun R. Jan 19, 2020

Hi A.C.

Frankly, I think your problem could be the serviceman you have working on your range. It sounds like he didn't repair the door properly.

[Resolved] bravo washer (mvwb855dc)

January 14, 2020
Today I'm writing you because I'm terribly dissatisfied with the Maytag Bravo Washer (MVWB855DC) and dryer (MEDB855DC). I purchased the appliances from Lowes on June 24, 2019. Immediately after, I noticed issues with laundered items such as, some items not wet thoroughly after wash, residue and/or lent left on clothes, clothes not cleaned and seemed rough after spend cycle. I first attributed it to laundry pods. I started using laundry pods because I figured it would be more convenient and cost efficient. When I ran out of the pods I switched back to liquid detergent, thinking that would solve my laundry issues. So over the next couple of month I tried, washing smaller loads, using less detergent, washing on different wash cycles and temperatures. Nothing changed the issue. Five months after purchasing, I filed a service claim with Maytag. I was frustrated and didn't know what else I could do. A service technician from Solar came out and diagnosed washer with a malfunctioning drainage pump. I was like "how is that so, the washer is only 5 months old and I wash twice a month". The repair guy assured me that it wasn't my fault, "sometimes it come from the manufacture that way". As of today I'm still having the same issues, it doesn't matter if I was 20 clothing items or 4. I'm a nurse, I washed two navy blue scrub sets and a jacket, it was ridiculous the amount of residue, lent, and roughness of the items after the cycle was complete. I'm finding myself using more water and more energy, double rinsing and still having lent. I also use the clean washer cycle when prompted, and even once or twice after a couple loads of bedding. Now I need to file another service claim because of a chain sound during the spin cycle. Can we please find a resolution to this issue? Can you please replace the washer with a different model? It's sad I'm still paying on a product that I really do not like 
Signed,
Keishandra Houston

• Maytag's response · Jan 14, 2020

Hi Khouston504, thanks for the review. We regret to hear that your appliance is not living up to your standards and are happy to look into this with you. Please reach out to us directly at 1-800-344-1274, via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/maytag or Twitter @MaytagCare. Let’s see what we can do for you!

[Resolved] maytag commercial dryer

Purchased a brand new Maytag commercial set at Lowe's on March 9, 2018. Tech came charged $115 to diagnose and said We needed a new computer and to repair was $565.
Called Maytag sat on the phone for 20 minutes
Nothing they can do. So, disappointed in this company and their products. Now. I'm going to replace both!
JUNK DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!

maytag commercial dryer

• Maytag's response · Jan 08, 2020

Hi Jamibme, thanks for the review. We regret to hear that your appliance is not living up to your standards and are happy to look into this with you. Please reach out to us directly at 1-800-344-1274, via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/maytag or Twitter @MaytagCare. Let’s see what we can do for you!

centennial washing machine with 10 limit warranty

Dear Maytag,

I am writing in regard to your Maytag Centennial washer with the 10 year warranty, model #MVWC415EW1. In the fall of 2016 my daughter and I needed a washer. I have always bragged about Maytag and the lonely repair man and that Maytag's appliances are the best. My daughter seen this washer on sale at Menard's and purchased it. A couple of weeks later, on Aug. 23, 2016 I purchased the same washer as my daughter, Amanda.

Less than a year I had to have some maintenance done on my machine but it was still under the one year warranty so it did not cost me anything. However for the last year it has been making the loudest noise when it goes through the spend cycle at the end. It is so loud I am embarrassed to wash clothes when there is anyone else in the house.

My daughter's washer did the same thing but it quit working at about 20-24 months. She has three little kids, going to college full time and working part time. She could not afford to have it fixed and had a friend give her their old one about a year ago. Now the old used washer, from her friend, is giving her problems. She still has your wash machine but cannot afford to fix it. If you need her information I will get it.
I am so disappointed in your washing machine. Consumer reports claim that most washers should give you 8-10 years. Yours didn't give either one of us three years of good service. Yes it comes with a 10 year warranty but the labor cost 200-500 to fix and only covers the drive motor and wash basket side walls only. We only spent $350 when we purchased it, so it doesn't make sense to spend that much to fix them.
I read that the issue could be the ball bearings and that is one of the hardest things to fix because the whole washer has to be taken apart. I realize it could also be the drive motor, which would be covered, but the labor would still be almost what we put into the washer.

Since my daughter needs a washer now, I purchased a Speed Queen washer. It comes with a 10 year all parts and labor covered. I spent more money but if it is dependable, like the old Maytag's use to be, it is so worth it. I am going to give my washer that doesn't work very well to my daughter because she has to have something as soon as possible to help her and cannot afford to fix her old one. Mine will at least wash clothes.

My faith in you and your appliances is next to gone. I am writing you to see if you would at least help my daughter and stand by your product for her. In my life time, Maytag was always the best. It looks like that has changed. However, your service, commitment and pride could still be what I remembered growing up. For this reason, I am writing you. Who would want to buy an appliance that last only 2-3 years? Sometimes you get a dud but for us both to get one, that seems kind of unusual to me.
Hoping to hear from you soon.

Sincerely,

Sheri Mueting
683 K Rd.
Corning, Ks. 66417
[protected]@yahoo.com
[protected] cell phone
Best to email because I do not always answer unknown numbers.

washer model mvwb765fw0

I've had this washer for 2 1/2 years I believe. Have tried adjusting to lower water level but have remained extremely unhappy with quality of product output. Have resorted to adding buckets of water to laundry load to ensure clothes are all wet. Do not like white residue and only dampish clothes after cycles end. They are NOT as clean as they should be. Unacceptable! Would never buy this washer again. It says MCT Maytag Commercial Technology. I have gladly told everyone I know not to buy this washer.

What happened to the Maytag quality we once knew? ? ?

microwave mmv4205ds 1

I have a microwave that I assumed was built to Maytag atandards. It has a door switch connected to the main unit, It has broken twice and I wonder if you have come up with a better unit. When it breaks it keeps saying that the door needs to be closed. I had a repairman come out to repair it about a month ago and now it is broken again. Please let me know if you have come up wth a better system and replacement part. It is an above range model and very difficult to install. If I have to buy a replacemt I will not be a Maytag if you can't solve this problem for me. The reason I bought the Maytag in the first place, was because my mother owned a maytag wash machine that lasted for 59 years. I also had problems with my Maytag washer within a month of purcahse. Please get back to good old American standards and quit letting China built your products. I am very disappointed because my microwave is used many times a day and it is difficult to be without it. It usually takes a week or two for a repairman to fix it. I would appreciate an early answer because I have a repairman coming the 2nd of January. It has gone past its warranty date. I hope I gave you enough information. if not let me know and i will send you more.

Eldor Oien

maytag ice2o-mfi2856aes

Same as others. Replaced the two 680uF capacitors. No joy. Ordered & Replaced ALL HV board Electrolytic Caps and ALL relays. Worked long enough to trick me into reloading it with food from our garage fridge & Basement freezer. Still has clicking and blinking. Tried putting 12VDC on removed Evap and Ice Maker fans, not working. Resistance of fans approx 2800 ohms. I've read in other posts, fans can short out and cause HV board to fail like this. Called Maytag abt 10 December. I'm on my own for this repair, though out of goodness of their hearts..."they could schedule a service technician for me"—-Bless their hearts!!
Anyone else know of what else shorts out to cause this failure and a solution that does not involve purchase of a new unit? Thanks and Happy New Year.

maytag bravos washing machine

I have had Matag washers and dryers for decades...can't count the number. At this point, NEVER AGAIN! A few years ago--maybe 3-4--we bought the low water use Bravos washer and dryer. The dryer is fine. The washer is a piece of crap. It does not get clothes as clean as previous washers. In addition, a dark piece of clothing, e.g., blue chinos, comes out with detergent all over them from where there is insufficient water to dissolve all of the detergent (and I'm talking liquid detergent). I'm going to have to get rid of it. I hate it.

[Resolved] maytag washing machine

Washer went into spin cycle and would not stop. Contacted repair number and was told someone would be out. Date and time came and nobody arrived. Could not wait being lied to again so had another repair service fix the problem. Maytag won't honor warranty and pay for repair since it was not done by them even though they lied about a service appointment which I found out was never made.

maytag washing machine

• Maytag's response · Nov 13, 2019

Hi JMH56, thanks for the review. We regret to hear that your appliance is not living up to your standards and are happy to look into this with you. Please reach out to us directly at 1-800-344-1274, via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/maytag or Twitter @MaytagCare. Let’s see what we can do for you!

• Updated by JMH56 · Nov 14, 2019

Here are pictures of information you requested to be submitted. I do not have messenger. The machine has been working fine since the repairman I hired fixed the problem.

• Updated by JMH56 · Nov 27, 2019

If Maytag does not want to pay for the service calls, I would think they would at least pay for the part since it was going to be replaced by whoever did the job.

[Resolved] maytag top loading washer

I am livid! Invested in top of the line Maytag washer and after just 14 months it needs a new interface and control panel which costs $250 more than the brand new washer!! So $1000 in repairs. We have 5 kids at home. We dont have the money to buy a new machine or afford the repairs. I invested in Maytag because of their name and they just slammed the door in my face and said thanks for the money. Livid!!!

• Maytag's response · Nov 12, 2019

Hi Trinity Straw, thanks for the review. We regret to hear that your appliance is not living up to your standards and are happy to look into this with you. Please reach out to us directly at 1-800-344-1274, via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/maytag or Twitter @MaytagCare. Let’s see what we can do for you!

[Resolved] dryer

Brand new.
Plugged it in and a rattling noise extremely loud.
Repair tech here now for almost one hour and completely took it apart and says they're all like this...
Not the Maytag I once knew...
The worst is they won't take it back because it's been more than seven days it was delivered...
Did it ever occur to someone that it's possible to have something delivered in advance of a date to be sure all is ready?

dryer

Wp2008 Nov 12, 2019

Hi Shawns1965, thanks for the review. We regret to hear that your appliance is not living up to your standards and are happy to look into this with you. Please reach out to us directly at 1-800-344-1274, via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/maytag or Twitter @MaytagCare. Let’s see what we can do for you!

[Resolved] maytag washer model: mvwb855dc3

Purchased new washer 11/27/2018 from Lowe's. On 10/20/19 washer stopped working and showed error code E2 F6. Unplugged washer and let it sit for 30 minutes. No improvement. Ive already had this same issue with another Maytag washer that I purchased in 2017. It worked for 5 months and did same thing. Error code E2 F6. That washer was repair once under factory warranty and started doing the same thing again after 15 months of purchase date. It was unable to be repaired due to lack of parts availablitity. Lowe's bought out my warranty and refunded me the purachse price. Like an idiot I went out and bought the exact same model on 11/27/18. Now on 10/20/19 its doing the exact same thing E2 F6. First call to Maytag was on 10/21/19..They said they contacted MASH appliance to come repair. Never heard from anyone so I called Maytag back on 10/25/19. I was then told that my washer may not have been sold with a warranty but they were still sending out a repair person. 10/31/19-Still nothing so I called again...Same story- they are sending out a repair person. Today is 11/4/19 and I still have not received one call. Filed a complaint with BBB.. not sure at this point what I should do. Repeated calls have gotten he no where.

maytag washer model: mvwb855dc3

Wp2008 Nov 12, 2019

Hi Quickone, thanks for the review. We regret to hear that your appliance is not living up to your standards and are happy to look into this with you. Please reach out to us directly at 1-800-344-1274, via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/maytag or Twitter @MaytagCare. Let’s see what we can do for you!

[Resolved] maytag washer mvwb835dw1

I purchased washer dryer set in 2017. It is now 2019 2 1/2 years later and the weather pump has burned out. Had it checked and there were no clogs the motor pump just gave out. I'm extremely disappointed that after suck a short time I have to have machine repaired. I have had lesser name brand washer that have lasted years and years before needing some kind of repair. What is going on?

Wp2008 Nov 12, 2019

Hi Casper20172019, thanks for the review. We regret to hear that your appliance is not living up to your standards and are happy to look into this with you. Please reach out to us directly at 1-800-344-1274, via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/maytag or Twitter @MaytagCare. Let’s see what we can do for you!

new washer

774 I bought a Maytag washer from Home Depot a few months ago... They day after it was delivered I told them I was having trouble with start button not catching... I wanted a...

washing machine maytag. model #mvwc565fw

We received the washer and dryer on the 28th of September. We start using them two weeks ago. It seems we have a problem with the washer:
very noisy and does not fill water properly, or almost no water.
We contacted ( Brault & Martineau ) the store that we made our purchase from, and the customer service asked us to contact you. Our contract # [protected].
We are not satisfied with this item, and would like a refund. There is another model of Maytag maybe higher end that we would like to purchase.
The address of our store were we purchased:
Brault Martineau
Canada H7W 0H6
Cell# [protected] or [protected]

• Sh
    Shaun R. Oct 27, 2019

Appreciate your concerns and I think we can be of a considerable amount of help.

ALL washers currently being designed MUST fit into a category of H.E. (High Efficient) design. Simply stated, this mean that the washer is capable of washer with a considerable less amount of water. How does it do this? Easy. It uses the smaller amount of water within the tub and "pumps" it up and over the laundry again and again to create more of a "showering" action as opposed to the old fashioned "bathing" that was done by the washers of yesteryear.

The model you have, however, is a special model which allows some cycles to be run with more amounts of water, thus still using the center agitator to help cleaning. The owners manual will address which cycles can utilize this feature. In using it, adjust the far right knob to the "deep water wash" setting.

Hopefully this resolves any and all concerns with this model.

[Resolved] maytag washing machine

Purchased in Feb 2019. Problem with spin cycle (stuck) called and they made a service call that they never showed up for. Found out from the service company that no call was ever made. Contacted another repair service since could not be without a washing machine for a long time, and they fixed problem. Neither Maytag or Lowe's will honor the warranty . Lowe's because the warranty is in first year and Maytag because repair was not made by one of their service providers even though they said they had made an appointment for me and later discovered to be untrue.

Wp2008 Oct 30, 2019

Hi JMH56, thanks for the review. We regret to hear that your Washer is not living up to your standards and are happy to look into this with you. Please reach out to us directly at 1-800-344-1274, via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/maytag or Twitter @MaytagCare. Let’s see what we can do for you!

• Jm
    JMH56 Oct 31, 2019

@Wp2008 I contacted Maytag about the problem and they said they would schedule a service call. No one showed and I contacted the service company they said would do the call . They said they never received such a call and would not accept it as they were more than two weeks out. I contacted another repair service and they did the repair within a few days. I submitted the bill to Maytag, it was under warranty. Maytag responded they would not refund the service call and repair as it was not done by them, a call they did not make. If Maytag cannot make a service call as they TELL you. They should just get rid of their “phony” warranty where service call is made but never done.

• Jm
    JMH56 Nov 04, 2019

@JMH56 Been getting the run around that they can’t do anything unless private message which I do not have on my phone. They can’t accept what I sent to their customer service.

Good day ALCON,

Will be filing a complaint with Office of consumer protection.

I bought a Maytag MVC565FWI / YMEDC555DW1 washer and dryer duo in November 2018. I had some holes in my sons clothing, but thought maybe they were due to him being a boy of 17 year old in college, sitting all day...
Also my dryer was barely drying.
Called and had a 1st technician for the dryer issue.
He said no wrong code and to try and clean the evacuation vent. As I am a renter, I contacted my owner to do so and he did. But I did not get to try the machine unfortunately since 5 days after the technicians visit, I was deploying to Africa. I am military and was deployed for 8 months. Upon me return, dryer still barely dries and HOLES in every load of laundry that I do. My son's and also my own clothing. This time, there is no mistaking articles that I put in came out with huge circular holes.
A second visit with a technician is arranged, last Tuesday October 8th 2019.
Still no 'codes' are found. And technician suggest's cleaning the conduct better.
Again my owner does so.
Again, up to 4 cycles of 60 min on High heat to dry articles. No economy on energy on these models!
I have called Maytag today since no one has contacted me in a week for my recked clothing.
To my request of having my appliances either replace or refunded, they say no. Policy is to send a technician.
Again.
After 2 visits of technical support, Maytag is sending me for a 3rd time a technician (at my cost if nothing is found again) to 'test' the appliances. Since the technicians can not find a 'code' on his machine, Maytag is telling me they will do nothing.

I have a washer dryer that wrecks my clothing and does not dry them. (Also I feel like my clothing are never fresh scenting, I wonder how efficient they are with even the basic cleaning part..) I will have to put them in the garbage, because how can I sell them?!

Talking to Maytag, is being treated like an infant that does not understand THEM, when in reality, they do not back their products at all. I feel left alone with brand new machines that have been used around 30 times in under 1 year, that I will have to through away in the dump and never ever buy from this company again.

M.Dekker

• Tr
    Tracy Hastings Oct 15, 2019

Mine did the same and the whole electric panel blew out after having it only 1.5 years!!! RIP OFF

front load washing machine

I have used Maytag washers for then i purchased one of your front loading machines after ge started building them, All you get now is the name Maytag, You no longer get a quality machine like you did. I will never buy another maytag machine or any other maytag appliance again.GE you sure did ruin a good name for washing machines, I should tell you what to do with them, but one is probally all that could be forced up there anyway. You have a bunch of sorry good for nothing so-called engineers. Where did you find them ? in a cracker jax box? No they would have been too cheep even for cracker Jax would have degraded their tattoos that you wet and stick on your kid's arm. such a waste of sheet metal and plastic to build these machines. I hope you all rot in hell for building such pieces of [censored].

maytag washer that leaves white residue on dark clothes

I have a Maytag Washer Model MVW65555DWI purchased a year ago...My whole family only purchases Maytag Washer/Dryers...but, this one I'm not happy with. This is my first "no...

[Resolved] maytag washer model number mvwx500bw0 serial number c43030488

Our washing machine which is only a few year old quit spinning. The repair man cam and told use the transmission leaked oil and destoryed the speed sensor ruined. This is riduculas it would cost us $400.00 just to get the tranmission replaced than we would still have to have the sensor replaced. I bought your product because of the repretation of Maytag, but now discover that this is no true. I hope you do good and stand by your product. We now have to go out and purchase another machine.

• Maytag's response · Oct 15, 2019

Hi comado, thanks for the review. We regret to hear that your appliance is not living up to your standards and are happy to look into this with you. Please reach out to us directly at 1-800-344-1274, via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/maytag or Twitter @MaytagCare. Let’s see what we can do for you!

[Resolved] maytag he top load washer

Purchased a Maytag Top Load HE washer on Oct. 18, 2016. Model #MVWC656FW0/SERIAL C63642357 from Lowes. Sept. 18, 2019 it Started making a loud noise and stopped spinning a few days ago, their repairman diagnosed that the transmission was bad and needed to be replaced. Its not even 3 years old and the cost to repair is almost as much as a new one. I'm beyond frustrated. I thought by purchasing a MAYTAG I was getting a quality product... what a joke. It says right on the machine there is a "10 year warranty"...what they dont tell you is that only covers 2 parts. I reached out to the company and was told there was nothing they could do. I even offered to pay for the labor if they would just send me the replacement part. Again I was told there was nothing they could do. I'll be sure to tell everyone I know not to buy from Maytag after this.

Wp2008 Oct 14, 2019

Hi karagatz, thanks for the review. We regret to hear that your Wasger is not living up to your standards and are happy to look into this with you. Please reach out to us directly at 1-800-344-1274, via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/maytag or Twitter @MaytagCare. Let’s see what we can do for you!

washing machine

I purchased a Maytag washing machine 10/31/2018. It malfunctioned on 1/6/2019. I have had service calls on the following dates: 1/29/19, 4/16/19, 6/12/19, 7/8/19, and 9/11/19. It...

[Resolved] bravos washer and dryer - location of maytag logo has snagged 11 shirts!

I purchased the Bravos top load washer and dryer late last year. Since then, I began to see small holes on my shirts, near my waist line. About 2 months ago, I realized that whenever I leaned over the machines (shelf for detergent and dryer sheets, etc. is above the machines) that my shirt would snag on the plastic logo that is on the front of each machine. This is what was ruining my shirts. I am furious! I now have moving tape over both machines plastic logos to prevent this from further occurring. I had a shirt that cannot be replaced ruined, one from y daughter's dance recital with her name on the back of it. I tried getting their Customer Service team on the phone and was told the wait time was 47 minutes...I expect to get reimbursed for the cost of my now ruined 11 shirts!!! What a STUPID design Maytag; plastic part with sharp snagging edges adhered to the front of your machines. Nothing better than moving tape on the front of my $700-800/ea machines!

Wp2008 Oct 08, 2019

Hi Hideme, thanks for the review. We regret to hear that your appliance is not living up to your standards and are happy to look into this with you. Please reach out to us directly at 1-800-344-1274, via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/maytag or Twitter @MaytagCare. Let’s see what we can do for you!

[Resolved] bravos washing machine

We purchased a new top loader Bravos washing machine 10/13/15. The washer was not spinning correctly and making a loud noise. We called a local repairman and were told the transmission is gone. It would not be worth fixing since the repair costs could be $500. We are a household of 2 people and only wash a few loads each week. I now have to purchase a new washing machine. This machine lasted less than 4 years. In addition, because of where the laundry room is located the washer and dryer are very visible, and I need for the machines to match. So I not only have to replace the washer but the dryer also. A washer should last more than 3.5 years! I am very disappointed in this washing machine and I would not recommend Maytag. I feel Maytag should help us with the replacement costs or repair of this washing machine.
Model # MVWX655DW
Installed 10/13/15

• Maytag's response · Aug 26, 2019

Hi jireland, thanks for the review. We regret to hear that your washer is not living up to your standards and are happy to look into this with you. Please reach out to us directly at 1-800-344-1274, via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/maytag or Twitter @MaytagCare. Let’s see what we can do for you!

janet from Naples, FL Jan 22, 2020

Cannot get anyone to fix my BRAVOS MVWX655DW1 Washing Machine!!! it is only 2 years 5 months old! Does not spin - one service guy came and looked at it and said "Oh Boy - I know what is wrong with this - it is a pain to fix" - he left pissed off and slapped me with a 785.00 bill to order parts! I called Maytag Customer Resolution and they apologized and sent a different company last week - he came - ordered parts, told me he "KNOWS" exactly how to fix the problem. Well he just left - after banging my machine apart and cursing in Spanish - left telling me he had to reoder NEW parts! I have not used this BRAVO for a month now! Someone help me please!

[Resolved] maytag 4.7-cu ft high-efficiency top-load washer with agitator

We bought a Maytag 4.7-cu ft High-Efficiency Top-Load Washer with Agitator, Model #MVWB765FW at Lowes, June 2, 2019. Often after taking the clothes out, even with the deep fill setting, I would notice dirt smudges, soap residues and not a fresh smell. Also, the clothes are always being twisted in tight knots which we must untangle before putting in the dryer. We researched for a year the best washer and dryer to buy for the price. We thought we had the best American made product. I am terribly disappointed and angry with this machine. The machine is just unacceptable because it just doesn't clean. Recently a pair of nice black pants was tightly twisted with white soap residue all over. I am so disgusted and upset with Maytag!!
Attached are pictures of the black pants.

• Maytag's response · Jul 29, 2019

Hi Linda & Dave Frank, thanks for the review. We regret to hear that your Washer is not living up to your standards and are happy to look into this with you. Please reach out to us directly at 1-800-344-1274, via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/maytag or Twitter @MaytagCare. Let’s see what we can do for you!

• Ro
    Robert and Deborah Schmidt Oct 14, 2019

I am SOOO upset with the quality of the Maytag washer and dryer we purchase, We bought the same set as the customer above. Top loader, 4.7..Residue all over the darks, clothes are twisted on the agitator into knots, wearing out our towels, lint all over items..Doesn't always start right away. I want to throw this machine out!..I have been doing laundrty for the 50 years of marriage and this is the worst machines we have owned. Very disappointed and very frustrated. The water levels are awful, especially when you are suppose to be using less water. Maytag needs to come and get these and give us a new well working set ! It says on your site today that you sell $21 Billion worth, well I think you can more than take mine back and replace it. especially when I cannot afford to get rid of these and purchase new ones. I had the previous set was, front loader, which I loved, for 16 years, these are garbage!
    Thank you for your time, please make my laundry time work better..

• Ro
    Robert and Deborah Schmidt Oct 14, 2019

I am adding to the above comments . We have the matching dryer to the 4.7 top loader washer. It will NEVER come on
    at the first try. Many times before it will start. Will tell me that check the lint filter, and it is clean, tells me the drum light is on and have to open and close the door a few times before it shuts off. Then you go to push the start and nothing.
    Can not stand this anymore...Take it Away...

[Resolved] washer

On 11.8.2016 I purchase a Maytag washer. Recently the control panel started to malfunction. I called a local service repair company to look at the washer. They told me that the...

maytag pn q7rd-030k sn q7f140500983

Unit is a pice of crap. I have had to have it repaored 2 times, a year siceit was installed. Service man said it was, due to sn ebgineering flaw and they could or would not so...

[Resolved] refrigerator top shelf

I own a 2012 Maytag refrigerator. We were having dinner the other night and out of the blue we heard an explosion. After looking around and seeing nothing I finally opened the refrigerator and saw shattered glass everywhere. There were hardly any items on the Shelf so weight could not have been the problem. What a mess and now I am dealing with trying to find a replacement part and having no luck on the Maytag website.

• Maytag's response · Jul 12, 2019

We completely understand your frustrations and apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused. If you could please email us your contact information (Phone number and complete address) along with the model and serial number to [email protected], we would be happy to look into this matter further for you.

[Resolved] mdb7759awb3 dishwasher

12/18/11 we took delivery on a Maytag dishwasher with a 10year limited parts warranty.
Our racks have become very rusty and are effective the performance of my dishwasher. Yesterday 7/8/2019 I contacted customer service to have my racks replaced per the warranty. I was told that the bottom rack is available for my dishwasher but not the top rack. The women told me that I would be receiving a call back from the resolution department. I spoke with them today 7/9/19 the guy said that I was approved for a replacement because they dont have the top rack any longer. The kicker, They want me to pay 515.00!!! I told him that it was not my fault that they discontinued manufacturing the racks and that my dishwasher works fine other then the racks are rusting terribly. He then came back with a 300.00 offer. I personally dont think I should have to pay to replace a machine that works perfectly fine and only needed new racks because of the poor quality of the racks. I am going to contact the BBB and consumer report and see what they advice. I am very disappointed in Maytag/Whirlpool. This shows a lack of integrity in their business practices.

Wp2008 Jul 10, 2019

Thanks for the review. We regret to hear that your Dishwasher is not living up to your standards and are happy to look into this with you. Please reach out to us directly at 1-800-344-1274, via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/maytag/ or Twitter @MaytagCare. Let’s see what we can do for you!

mvwb835dw maytag washing machine

7/6/2019 I've had this machine 2 years and I hate it. Machine does not fill with enough water and fill level cannot be adjusted. Clothing sometimes has to go through 2 rinses to remove soap. Yesterday, after my first load of wash, the 2nd load refused to add water to the machine. Turns out it has a bad circuit board that will not allow the water valves to open. Boards are over $200 plus labor. My household consists of 2 people so, this machine is lightly used. Not very happy with Maytag.

[Resolved] washing machine

We purchased a new top loader Bravos washer in September 2015. Last week (June 20, 2019) the washer quit spinning correctly and we were told that the basket was toast and that just the labor to replace it would cost $600...at that point, although the 10 year warranty covers the cost of the replacement parts (approx. $200), we are better off purchasing a new washer. Our household consists of just 2 people and our old washer and dryer (which were still working fine) lasted 18 years prior to purchasing the new pair. A washer should last more than 3.5 years...especially since I am VERY careful with my appliances and never overload the machine. I also wash maybe two loads every three days...I would hate to see how this washer would stand up to a family of four. I am very disappointed in this machine and will not be purchasing another Maytag appliance in the future.

Wp2008 Jul 01, 2019

Thanks for the review. We regret to hear that your Washer is not living up to your standards and are happy to look into this with you. Please reach out to us directly at 1-800-344-1274, via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/maytag/ or Twitter @MaytagCare. Let’s see what we can do for you!

maytag centennial washer

Purchased both the Maytag Centennial washer and dryer new in 2014. From the start we had problems with the washer. Now I am told that the control board is bad and needs to be replaced. Not really keen on buying a $300.00 part for a 5 year old washer. The Model number of the washer is MVWC400XW3. Did a chat with a Maytag rep and was told without a warranty if effect nothing can be done. I hear of people saying that Maytag is the best but I am not at all convinced. A major component like that should not go bad so fast. I do realize that any part can fail but come on now, after 5 years. What happened to the days when an appliance lasted 20 to 30 years. I am not at all happy right now and you can bet that my new washer will definitely not be a Maytag or any brand affiliated with Maytag. That new Speed Queen is looking better all the time.