Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino / disgusting room

My stay at the Renaissance Aruba Resort &Casino was horrific to say the least. I arrived early at approximately 2pm. The room was not ready because check in was at 4pm. I was told that they would get the room ready and I could wait in the lobby and come back and check in to see if the room was ready quicker. I waited for about an hour and then got back on line to see if the room was ready. I was online behind a woman and a male behind me. At this time, a young woman by the name of Carmen was checking the guest to see if their rooms were ready. She asked the woman in front of me, and asked the man behind me, then she proceeded to go to the next person. She completely skipped me! I asked the people around me" Hey do you guys see me, am I invisible?". They shook their head in disbelief and said "No, we see you, she just skipped you." I said to Ms Carmen, " Hey Im waiting to check in too". She came back and was apologetic. She took my last name and went to the back to check on several guest's rooms. While she did that, I was next on line. My room was actually ready (room2514). Instead of waiting for the bags, my kids and I proceeded to bring up our 5 pieces of luggage to the room. When we got there, complete disbelief. The door was open and the room was filthy. The bed wasnt made, the table in the living room was upside down, the bathroom was dirty. I told the kids to stay upstairs and I went back to the lobby to let them know there was a mistake. I saw Carmen who proceeded to tell me my room was ready. I told her I just came from the room and it was not. She seemed puzzled, so I told her to come with me to take a look. She came and was also surprised. She said to come back downstairs again and she would see what she could do. I told her my kids were tired from traveling so we would go to the 3rd floor which has air conditioning and seats for us to wait because the main lobby is not air conditioned. We went to the 3rd floor, waited for a short while and she came back with a different room. We went back to the 5th floor and got a room that she walked us to. It appeared clean, and being tired and jet lagged my kids and I were just happy to get settled.
About 2 days later, I was in the bathroom and I looked up and noticed the ceiling in the bathroom was falling down!. There was clear dust and filth in the cracks in the open ceiling. I was so disgusted. I informed Ms Carmen of the bathroom condition. I also told her that the bathroom was extremely small. The toilet is directly in front of the shower. You CANNOT even stretch out your feet when using the bathroom, the shower leaked as well. Ms Carmen stated that she can offer me more towels to combat the leaking shower. (seriously). She also stated that the layout of the rooms is something that management is aware of and they are going to be working on it. As for the open ceiling and dust, she would send engineering up to take a look later that day. No one ever came that day, or called.
The next day ( the day before I left) I got a knock at around 2:34 pm. It was engineering. They stated that they would come back because I was in the room and they didnt want to bother me. Completely disgusted once again. Anyways no one ever came back and the next day was my check out. I have pictures to show the train wreck of a room that they charged me for. I would NEVER EVER stay there again. Aruba is absolutely beautiful, but I had a horrible expeirence with the Resort. The staff in SOLE was very nice and that was comforting, however the conditions of the room was the highlight of this horrible vacation. Overall I would not recommend the hotel. The leaking shower, awkward and uncomfortable toilet area and the damaged and dust filled ceiling is enough to make me NEVER recommend the resort to family and friends.

Av