Menu

complaints

Best Buy Complaints Summary

199 Resolved
923 Unresolved
Our verdict: With Best Buy's very poor resolution rate, careful consideration is needed. Research their service comprehensively, and read up on how they handle customer disputes. If you face issues, be prepared for potential challenges in obtaining resolutions and explore other service providers as backups.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Best Buy has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Best Buy. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

Best Buy complaints 1122

Sort by:

Newest Best Buy complaints

5:45 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On 1/10/2024 I went to Geek Squad at Best Buy to have my Apple watch repaired. I pay $194 a year for Geek Squad at Best Buy! I paid an additional $73.49 to send out for repair. On 1/18/2024 I received replacement back but that one didn't work! At that time they said they would return and get another replacement. On 1/23/24 I asked Best Buy where is my...

T
7:25 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

1/27/2024 I have made several attempts to contact Best Buy via telephone. Without success, I went into the store... Where I was passed by several employees who were unwilling to help. Finally, a young gentleman approached me and asked, "Were you helped, to which I replied no... He said crazy, I saw many employees walk past you, but let's see if I can help...

L
7:53 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I set up EFT for monthly payments so I don't have to worry about late payments. I bought 2 items back in 2021 one in November and the other item in December. Both items are supposed to be 24-month financing with 0 interest in 24-month months. I did set up 10/2023 on my calendar to pay my account for the entire amount so I don't have to pay any charges. Not...

Read full review of Best Buy and 3 comments

Is Best Buy legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals Best Buy as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 17% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, Best Buy stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering Best Buy should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

Best Buy earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Best Buy achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for Best Buy. The company provides a physical address, phone number, and 2 emails, as well as 4 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

Bestbuy.ca has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows Best Buy website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Best Buy as a website that uses an external review system. While this can provide valuable feedback and insights, it's important to carefully evaluate the source of the reviews and take them with a grain of salt.

We looked up Best Buy and found that the website is receiving a high amount of traffic. This could be a sign of a popular and trustworthy website, but it is still important to exercise caution and verify the legitimacy of the site before sharing any personal or financial information

Bestbuy.ca appears to have online shopping features, it's important to know that the platform supports an extensive range of payment methods, making it convenient and easy to complete your transaction. The payment procedure on the website is also relatively simple and straightforward, ensuring a smooth and hassle-free experience for buyers.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• While Best Buy has a high level of trust, our investigation has revealed that the company's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. As a result, only 17% of 1122 complaints are resolved. The support team may have poor customer service skills, lack of training, or not be well-equipped to handle customer complaints.
  • We conducted a search on social media and found several negative reviews related to Best Buy. These reviews may indicate issues with the company's products, services, or customer support. It is important to thoroughly research the company and its offerings before making any purchases to avoid any potential risks.
J
3:55 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Hello, My name is June Myers, I purchased a car stereo and a dash kit in mid June or July of 2023. I had it installed by Best Buy the day of purchase or that same week with an appointment. After a few weeks of driving around I noticed that the stereo was falling out, the whole dash kit and stereo. I pushed it back into place, but it kept wanting to fall...

R
8:30 am EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Best Buy New samsung range install & floor damage not addressed!!

My new range & microwave were installed 1/12/24 & I complained on Sat. 1/13/24 about scratches/marks made on our wood floors by range being pushed & dragged across floor! I was promised a response in up to 48 hrs but never got one! When I called on 1/17/234 again, they found no record of my call! Not good customer support when rep. doesn't register problem! Order #[protected] Robert Mulligan [protected]@ptd.net [protected]

Claimed loss: Wood floor damaged!

Desired outcome: Address & fix damage!

Confidential Information Hidden: This section contains confidential information visible to verified Best Buy representatives only. If you are affiliated with Best Buy, please claim your business to access these details.

Jan 19, 2024 5:25 pm EST

Hi Robert.

We're extremely sorry to hear of your recent frustration over damage to your wood floor. This would normally be something you would need to catch before the delivery team left. Especially, after nearly a week, there may be some further concerns.

Please contact the location the purchase was through. They will hopefully be able to arrange a visit and cover any required cost.

Please let us know if there's any further issues.

A
11:02 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Bought LG oven May 21, 2021 with 5 year-extended warranty from BestBuy. Sale # [protected] Service Request # [protected]. Amount paid for 4 electrical appliances $4186.92. Oven cooking-top surfaces always look dirty no matter how to clean with the cleaning solvents on the market. Oven clock and left-front cooking top suddenly stopped working. Filed...

Read full review of Best Buy and 2 comments
E
3:21 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I am creating a complaint on the BestBuy store located on 7080 Youree Dr, Shreveport, LA 71105. Date: 01/14/2023 I am making a complaint due to the lack of customer service skills shown at the BestBuy location stated above. On the date stated I contacted BestBuy customer service chat to check if I would be able to return my laptop purchased in December...

G
9:12 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

1/12/24 12:30 pm my wife and I went into store #251 to buy a Lively smart 3 phone. Sirena helped us, but her customer service was lacking. Her interest wasn't in helping us. It took 2 hours for her to get the phone set up, but was having trouble calling it in. I said if there was a problem just put everything back as it was and cancel the sale. She handed...

6:05 pm EST

Best Buy Price at store not honored on line

I would like to purchase a UNIDEN R4 BLACK radar detector.

I visited my local Best Buy location today. They have the price on the shelf of $180.99. The store manager says they have no inventory and cannot order it.

When I looked at the Best Buy website, the have the same unit available for immediate shipment at $379.99.

When I called Best Buy customer service, they said they will not honor their store price for an online purchase.

Please be aware, I am not comparing one retailer against another. This is all at Best Buy.

Desired outcome: I would like to purchase the Uniden R4 Black at the store posted price of $180.99. If they would ship the unit to the Best Buy Sawgrass location, I will buy it from them.

View 0 more photos
Dec 30, 2023 12:39 am EST

Hi Harley.

We can appreciate your frustration.

Many retailers operate separate inventory from one location to another, including that of on-line. Many such resellers do something called drop-shipping when purchasing from the web.

We really are sorry.

Author of the review
Harley J
Plantation, US
Jan 02, 2024 1:07 pm EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Thanks, seems the stores have a deceptive price with none in stock, I actually confirmed, of the many Best Buy stores in Florida, there is not one unit available.

Plenty available at the Best Buy web site, with a much higher price.

6:03 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Best Buy - after nearly 1 year of this issue outstanding, including countless hours on the phone with your overseas support representatives at your customer assistance line [protected]), in store visit with Sherrie at your San Francisco Best Buy location (where I purchased this and another laptop in a 2 year period), I am sending the below email to your...

View 0 more photos
Read full review of Best Buy and 2 comments
L
5:52 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Purchased the laptop in February 2023. It was on sale for $1099.99 ( full price add $550). I did not buy the Best Buy Geek Squad service contract. My logic was, a new computer, I shouldn’t need it. Besides this I had the service contract in the previous year and did not use it. By July computer was hot to touch. I bought a cooling pad. By mid November the...

7:51 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

The Geek Squad has failed me at every turn since January. In January I purchased a new laptop for a friend of mine and Microsoft 365 for multiple computers that I intended to use when I got a new computer for myself and to allow my friend to use as well. I also purchased the Total Tech package to ensure this all happened smoothly. It took me until...

J
9:13 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Best Buy delivery TEAM never showed up and never delivered TV to my doorstep let alone "inside" my apt for "in-home" delivery. I left WRITTEN DELIVERY instructions during check out online process to make sure they deliver the TV INSIDE the home and put the exact apt number for the delivery bc I am a disabled person who is home-bound. I even got a verbal...

F
12:30 pm EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Best Buy Service at best buy greensburg location.

Service at Best Buy Greensburg location.

Assistant manager Scott was terrible to me and another customer. I was trying to put in online order, coming up with Error,Really didn’t want to get involved to help. Another customer could not get in their car because vehicle parked too close, Scott said for him to call the police he had no intercom in the store, and don’t go around announcing you need your car moved to customer they parked wrong.

Desired outcome: Scott needs trained better on customer service, are you going to lose a lot of customers.

2:43 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

We have already had a service call from Best Buy on this TV for sound issue. They updated the software and supposedly the sound issue fixed. We waited for about 3 weeks to see if this fixed the issue, but after that time it is still not working correctly. In attempting to work with Best Buy to return and replace the TV by having them credit us against the...

10:57 am EST

Best Buy Samsung s23 phone

I purchased the above phone on 11/23 was told it was unlocked and I could add my service. When I tried (it was Spectrum) they could not do it. Spectrum informed me that Best Buy only unlockds their phones for certain services and Spectrum was not one. I took the phone back but they still charged me a $45 restocking fee. I was sold this phone under false pretences and am extremely disappointed in Best Buy. I went online and called the customer service and they all said Sorry. I would not recommend purchasing a phone here unless you have EVERYTHING set up first and know it will work.

Claimed loss: $45

Desired outcome: refund my restocking fee

B
12:05 pm EST

Best Buy Vizio V-Series 2.1 Compct Home Theater Sound Bar

We purchased an online open box unit (Excellent condition) from Best Buy. When we picked up the unit (Cedar Hill, TX) it had been re-boxed even though it stated on their site it was in the original package with all parts. We had them open the box and their were no power and data cables, no hardware, no installation/user instructions. When asked if they would take the missing components from a new unit in the store, we were told they could not do it.

They told us to reorder the unit online and refunded our money at the time. But several hours later after reordering (Order #

BBY01-[protected]) and receiving confirmation that the unit would be delivered to our home on Dec 6, then another email showed up stating they canceled the order since they no longer had any like units available.

We spoke with Customer Service and were told they could do nothing about it.

Desired outcome: We purchased the first unit on good faith that it would be fulfilled as advertised. Best Buy should be held accountable to this financial contract.

R
1:30 pm EST

Best Buy Microwave ordered -- Ord # BBY01-[protected]

I ordered a microwave and wanted before Thanksgiving - 11/23. Found one at Best Buy and there was an option to select today - 11/22. Well, I received an email that it was going to be delayed and not delivered until to 11/24. TOO LATE. I worked with customer service and their option was to pick one up. No where close to where I am at as the store I go to was out of stock. So, here I am, going to pay full price of the invoice and did not get my item in time. I should just refuse delivery. Thank you, richard scramuzzo

Desired outcome: Get me a microwave delivered by end of day 11/22/263

Nov 23, 2023 1:03 am EST

Hi Richard.

We're so very sorry for your frustration. Unfortunately wanting a cooking appliance the day before Thanksgiving is not allowing for any issues. It would have been helpful to have provided more time.

T
1:07 pm EST

Best Buy Customer care representative

On 11-20-2023, at 11:35 a.m., I called customer service to check the status of my home inspection for ethernet cable installation. The representative, Veylin, which obviously was in a foreign country, did not understand English very well. I attempted 4 times without success to explain why I was calling, and each time she seemed to not understand my request. I asked to be transferred to someone who spoke English or someone who was more fluent than she was at speaking English. Veylin's response was that was not a reason for transfer to another agent. I then requested a supervisor. She then stated that the supervisor would only say the same thing. I told her that is ok, transfer me to a supervisor anyway. She attempted to discourage me from speaking to a supervisor. I repeated my request. She then disconnected me.

Desired outcome: I would like something done about her behavior, such as firing or suspension. If more information is needed, please contact me at [protected] or Email me at [protected]@Gmail.com.

Y
2:35 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I dropped off my GE ice maker to get fixed - Saturday November 11th at the Glendora, CA Best Buy. I received an email confirmation yesterday, Thursday 16th that I was approved for an exchanged. I stopped by this morning to pick up my new GE ice maker. The young lady who helped me was nice and pleasant to work with. She needed authorization from the manager...

Read full review of Best Buy
How to file a complaint about Best Buy?

1. Log in or create an account: Ensure you are logged in to your ComplaintsBoard.com account. If you do not have an account, please register by providing the necessary details to create one.

2. Navigating to the complaint form: Once logged in, locate the 'File a Complaint' button, which can be found at the top right corner of the website, and click on it to access the complaint form.

3. Writing the title: In the 'Complaint Title' field, concisely summarize the main issue you have encountered with Best Buy. Make it specific and clear, such as "Defective Laptop Sold at Best Buy" or "Poor Customer Service at Best Buy Store."

4. Detailing the experience: In the complaint description, provide a detailed account of your experience. Include key areas such as:

• The specific location or online service of Best Buy where the issue occurred.
  • The date and time of the incident or purchase.
  • A clear description of the product or service involved.
  • Any communication you've had with Best Buy's customer service, including dates and outcomes.
  • The nature of the issue, such as a faulty product, misrepresentation, or poor service.
  • Steps you've taken to resolve the issue with Best Buy, and the responses received.
  • The personal impact of the issue, such as inconvenience, financial loss, or emotional distress.

Remember to be factual and include any relevant information about transactions you had with the company.

5. Attaching supporting documents: Attach any relevant documents such as receipts, emails, or photos that support your complaint. Do not include sensitive personal information that could compromise your privacy.

6. Filling optional fields: Use the 'Claimed Loss' field to state any financial losses you have incurred due to the issue. In the 'Desired Outcome' field, specify what resolution you are seeking from Best Buy, such as a refund, exchange, or apology.

7. Review before submission: Carefully review your complaint for clarity, accuracy, and completeness. Ensure that your narrative is easy to understand and that all the facts are presented correctly.

8. Submission process: After reviewing, click the 'Submit' button to file your complaint. Make sure that you have filled in all the necessary fields and attached any supporting documents.

9. Post-Submission Actions: After submitting your complaint, regularly check your account on ComplaintsBoard.com for any responses or updates. Engage with any replies from Best Buy or other users to facilitate the resolution of your complaint.

Overview of Best Buy customer experience

Best Buy has been receiving a lot of negative feedback from consumers lately. Customers have been complaining about their poor customer service, slow shipping times, and unresponsive support team. Many have also reported receiving damaged or defective products, and having difficulty getting refunds or exchanges. Additionally, some customers have expressed frustration with the company's pricing policies, claiming that they are often overcharged for products. Overall, Best Buy seems to be struggling to meet the needs and expectations of its customers, and may need to make some changes in order to improve its reputation and regain consumer trust.
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Best Buy contacts