Having problems with Sears?

Sears Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 665 2127 (Sears Home Services)
+1 866 850 0518 (New Orders)
+1 877 550 9254 (Existing Orders)
3333 Beverly Road
Hoffman Estates, Illinois

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Sears Customer Service. Initial Sears complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Sears above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Sears. Discuss the issues you have had with Sears and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Sears Complaints & Reviews

SearsRefrigerator repairs

My Kenmore elite 30 cubic foot refrigerator died on July 24 2020.The repair man Donald Dunn useless came to the house July28 2020 and ordered a new compress. The compressor arrived July 31 20020 and the repair man did not install it until Aug 28 2020. I had to rent a refrigerator for a month that cost my $250.00 I lost about $500.00 in food. Less then 24 hours later the refrigerator died again. It took days for service to answer the phone. I contacted somebody 9/1/2020 and they said somebody would be here 24 to 48 hours nobody showed up. Finally contacted sears on 9/4/2020 and said repair date 9/8/2020 confirmation date and was called 9/7/2020 and said it would be 9/15/2020. He charged the compressor on 9/12/2020 and 48 hours later the refrigerator died again losing about $300.00 in food. I spent at least one week trying to contact service nobody would answer any sears number. I finally call a real repair shop and had the refrigerator fixed cost me $450.00.

SearsSears home repair contract

I have been trying to get a live person for hours on Sears service phone line to no avail. I want to cancel my $600/year contract, but so far have spent literally hours on the phone waiting for my turn to talk to the service agent but keep getting disconnected after about 20 minutes of music and waiting!
    There are no options for cancelling these contracts on the website that services Sears. It can only be done via the phone. This is ridiculous and confirms my decision to void this expensive way to protect my appliances.

SearsRusting in Microwave

I purchased a KENMORE 1.6 cu ft countertop microwave at the SEARS store, which was located in the Jefferson Valley mall in New York. I was confident that KENMORE produced quality kitchen appliances but was quite disturbed last year (2020) when I realized that the inside the microwave was rusting. This product was used from April 2019 although purchased in August 2018. Therefore this is less than two years that this product has been in operation and it is rusty already. I would like a replacement microwave. Sears can have the rusty one should they desire it

Rusting in Microwave

Sears/KenmoreSeries 700 Washing Machine

Quite often when I wash a load of dark clothes, they look more dirty after being washed than when they were put in the washer.

I washed these jeans on the "Casual' cycle. There were only two pair of jeans, a couple of sweatshirts and some socks.

I have owned Sears washers/dryers for more than 35 years, but these newer models do not get clothes clean! This is very frustrating as the clothes need to be washed a second time.

I wish I still had my old machine with the center agitator. Any suggestions on how to resolve this problem?

Series 700 Washing Machine
        Series 700 Washing Machine

• Mr
            Mr. Helpful Feb 20, 2021

Purchase one that is designed more like what you are wanting. Speed Queen does a series that is as close as you'll likely come.

SearsFailure to provide

I have a Sears Home Warranty, #[protected]. On November 21, 2020 I was told that parts would have to be ordered to fix my washer. On December 23, 202 I was told that the parts need were not available and the washer could not be fixed. On December 29, 2020 I was offered $500 gift card to purchase a new washer with Sears. On December 30, 2020 I tried to place an order for both a new washer and dryer but the order failed to be completed because after it was placed, I was told the items were not available. I tried on 1/1/2021 to place another order for a different washer and dryer. On 1/18/2021 I was called by Sears, Andrew, and told that due to manufacturer delay the washer and dryer could not be delivered and installed until 2/2/2021. On 2/1/2021 I was called by the Sears Warehouse in Hayward, Lilia Calbo, and told that the washer/dryer I had ordered was no longer available and that my order would be cancelled. In the meantime, I received my Sears credit card bill and I have been charged $1, 099.77 (the 12/30/2020 order) and $1, 199.65 (the 1/1/2021 order)!! I called Sears on 2/1/2021 at 12:20 pm PST...I was transferred 8 times and sat on hold for over 2 hours. I was finally told that I would just have to wait before I could get anything done. I have received nothing from Sears. I then called Home Warranty for Sears and told them that under my warranty I wanted the $500.00 credit in some form that I could go and buy a washer some place else. I was again told that they would do nothing and that I would have to wait for at least 10-15 days before calling again. I have effectively been without a functioning washer since November 21, 2020!

SearsSears Home Warranty - Stay away

Contract Number: [protected]
            Data of incident: 02/01/2021
            Description: Sears home warranty Cancelation
            email: marcio.[protected]@gmail.com

Hi there,

I'm filing this complaint to register how disappointed I'm as Sears Home Warranty customer. When I had my first year of Sears (I believe I was a customer during almost 3 years), a representative told me if I cancel before 1 year contract expiration I will should to pay a fee. Understood and I agreed with that. I remember questioning about if after one year contract, has any fee of cancelation and the Representative said NO, you can cancel anytime with no cost. What a surprise this morning when I called to canceled my plan with Joseph Drucker, he told me to cancel, I have to pay a balance of over $100 because I want to cancel before the end of the contract. I tried to speak with a supervisor in charge, Kirsten Miranda but she seems to busy to take my questions. It's an absurd and honestly, very unfair the way you treat customers when they decide to cancel services. No Policy was sent to me informing this clause.
            Expect from me, with all my efforts, advise people Sears home warranty has a horrible customer service, has a catch and your for sure will regret to hired their services.

SearsPurchase of a Frigidaire stove from Sears

Hi My name is Lynette Simon, I purchase a Frigidaire stove and a Kenmore Refrigerator from Sears online since Labor day 2020 I only received the Refrigerator and not the stove they keep changing the delivery dates month after month, I have not received my stove nor my refund as yet
              I am very disappointed with sears and would like this matter resolve a d my money refunded to asap. Thank you.

Lynette Simon.

SearsKenmore refrigerator

In my Kenmore refrigerator I bought in 2017 I had a no cooling event. Your technician came out and said the linear compressor was bad. I was told the compressor was not under warranty. He didn't know about the class action suit and the settlement covering the compressor for 10 years. I haven't the money to replace the compressor. He left. Another service order was issued. Customer service could not help. It was up to the technician alone to decide if the compressor is covered. The next technician would not cover it. I was stuck with a 4 year non working refrigerator with rotting food. We lost all the food. We were forced to buy another refrigerator on credit. No one could help me after many calls and texts to customer service. Sears should be ashamed. I would like you to help me with the cost of food and the new refrigerator. Kathleen Ciecwierz 2508 Highcrest Ct, Manchester MD 21102 TN [protected].

SearsKenmore 73035 25.5 cu ft French door refrigerator

Dear Sears customer service,
                  I contacted you several times concerning my refrigerator that the icemaker does not work and I've had this for over a year and had 3 service people out here that have told me the same thing it's just a bad design and it will never work right.
                  So I'm hoping And reaching out hoping to find somebody that can either replace this model with a better model that works and makes ice.
                  I'm praying for resolution and the numerous times I've called Sears and contacted the service people during this pandemic it's been stressful we've been sick I've had no ice it's not been good.
                  My refrigerator has been a lemon since day one and I contacted Sears several times throughout 2020 and I understand this pandemic people were working from home things were slow down but it doesn't negate the fact that this is a lemon and it is fully paid for But I gave up my old refrigerator because the icemaker didn't work only to buy this one I think in Kenmore was a great brand but it ended up being a Dawoo...Which if I would've known that I certainly wouldn't of purchased it.
                  So please Sears please help me out in this situation and replaced my refrigerator I'm only asking for the fact that I paid good money for this and I expected it to work properly and it just doesn't:(
                  Regretfully and expecting a miracle

Sears Home ServicesI have a sears warranty plan that covers my sharp tv and I cannot get them to service it.

I have been with Sears Home protection plan warranty now for over 10 years and prior to this year have always had great service.I renewed my policy back in April of 2020 and in may my Sharp tv stopped working properly and I called sears at their service number to get a appointment to get the tv fixed---TODAY i am still trying to get an appointment. Months later without my tv. Being quarantine due to covid and no tv has been very stressful for me and my family and i cannot just go out and by a new tv when I have a legal paid for Warranty on the tv.
                    I really want Sears to be fair to us and repair the tv as promised in my Warranty.
                    I am not computer savy and do not know how to send proof of pictures or anything that requires technology-But I can mail these Items in if necessary.
                    Please help me get Sears to honor their committment to me.Sincerely, Jean Lewis [protected] [protected]@yahoo.com

SearsCheque de remplazo garantía limon no recobido

Buenas tardes;
                      Mi nombre es Jose Luis Torres Hernandez
                      Villa Nevarez, 335 c/20
                      San Juan, Puerto Rico, 00927
                      [protected]@gmail.com
                      tel. [protected]
                      Reclamacion # 6788301
                      La compañia de Sears me aprobado el cheque por la cantidad de $1, 238.00 por la nevera que me salio limon.
                      El cheque fue aprovado desde el mes de octubre del 2020, y desde ese tiempo no lo he recibido por causas desconocidas. Me he mantenido haciendo llamadas y lo que han dicho es que estan investigando pero aun hoy 28 de enero 2021 no he recibido el cheque.
                      Reclamacion # 416016
                      Reclamacion por perdida de alimento fue aprovada y recibi cheque # [protected] por la cantidad de $300.00 y lo deposite en el banco y me lo rechazaron por insuficiencia de fondos.

Sears Repair DepartmentRefrigerator not repaired

I am complaining about Service Repair Dept with Sears.
                        My refrigerator has not been repaired since September 15, 2020.
                        The keep scheduling appointments and the technician are not showing
                        up to my home, due to Sears are not assigning any one for the repair.
                        My last three appointment were January 20, 22 and 27, 2021, there
                        was no technician available for those days, This is an ongoing problem with Sears and they have not resolved it. I called multiple times and no one has been able to help me. Very disappointed in the service they have provide me.
                        I have been a customer for over 20 years,

• Kl
                            Klmerc Jan 30, 2021

Please delete my complaint and my video! You were very deceiving and I really thought i sent a complaint to sears!!!

SearsGas stove defective

I pulled the gas stove out to clean underneath. There are scorch marks on the wood cabinets on either side, larger on the left. Dark mark in same location on the stove. Apparently the stove is not insulated correctly and I fear this will catch my house on fire. I am afraid to now use it!! Would appreciate this being investigated and resolved asap especially since eating out is not safe with Covid and we are 74 and husband has serious health conditions.
                          Kenmore:
                          Model: [protected]
                          Serial: VF64518559

Gas stove defective
                          Gas stove defective

Jan 23, 2021

Sears — Kenmore elite refrigerator

In late 2018 we purchased a Kenmore Elite (LG) refrigerator. Just 18 months later it quit working spoiling a...

SearsLG up lourd washer

My Name is Moises Pimentel and I have been trying to get this washer resolved and replaced for over 4 months and now I'm approved for $650. and case# 7025513 authorization #8366-[protected] I have bin trying to get to a payment manager to approve perches at a sears store have not yet spoken to any person/manager that is time I have been on the phone since 10:00an and I'm hoping it will get resolved soon is there anything you can to resolve this issue.?

SearsSamsung dyer

Been without the dyer from April 2020. Keep getting the run around. A replacement was sent December 1, 2020 that did not fit on my Samsung washer. This is a 10 month nightmare! is sears going to resolve this or not? i paid for the extended warranty 2019/2020 and 2020/2021 with no replacement or reimbursement in sight. I call at least twice a week I'm placed on hold for hours and get no resolution when my call is finally answered!

• Da
                                  Danny R Blurton Jan 23, 2021

Everything I've EVER owned that was a Samsung was garbage. Fridge, Dryer, Washer, Phone, Microwave. Obviously, I bought them close to the same time. Not again. Complete garbage.

Sears Kenmore Washing MachineProduct kenmore elite washing machine

Within a few months of purchasing and using my Kenmore Elite Washing machine I started to notice a little rust around the bleach dispenser. I called Sears and was told they did not cover rust. My machine is now rusted all around the rim and pieces of rust are dropping in the barrel and ruining our clothes. After researching, I find this is very common and definitely an issue with not only the Kenmore Elite, but with other related Kenmore washing machines. I think Kenmore should be responsible for recalling and refunding or replacing as it is obviously a defect. Thank you for anything that can be done and prevent this from continuing to happen.

Product kenmore elite washing machine
                                Product kenmore elite washing machine

Sears[protected] Refrigerator Door Handle Set (White)

This is the second time the door handle has broken. I have a warranty and am told that the handle is on backorder and they don't know when it will be replaced. I contacted another online parts company. They said that the handle is not longer being made. I cannot get conformation or denial from Sears.
                                  Dear Member,

We have received your request regarding the order# E521476. I am sorry to inform you that currently these parts are on backordered status and do not have any estimated time of arrival as of now. Once the order is shipped tracking # will be updated.

Thank you for choosing Sears PartsDirect.

Regards,

Haskins K.

Sears PartsDirect

This message, including any attachments, is the property of Transform HoldCo LLC and/or one of its subsidiaries. It is confidential and may contain proprietary or legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it without reading the contents. Thank you.

SearsKenmore Elite Refrigerator

January 12, 2021

My name is: Angela Brooks,
                                    1760 Cranston Grove Dr.
                                    Dickinson, TX 77539
                                    [protected]

I purchased a complete appliance suite in February 2019 that included all Kenmore products: Stove, Refrigerator, Microwave, Dishwasher, Washer and Dryer. I also purchased the Master Protection Agreement on each product. My freezer door would not close so on December 14, 2020 I contacted the service department by online chat. I was told by the person I was chatting with that all I needed was a part that I could install myself. He said he would send it to me and it would take a week. I waited a week but did not get a part. In the meantime my refrigerator went warm and stop cooling and had a gas odor. On December 18, 2020 I called the customer service number and after being on hold 45 minutes I was given a service appointment to have my refrigerator checked by a service technician . On December 22, 2020 the service technician came out and completely took my refrigerator apart. He replaced the compressor and the coils and I am not sure what else. The repair man said refrigerator was also leaking oil. He spent about 4 hours repairing the refrigerator. When he was done he said the gas smell would be gone in 24 hours if I put coffee grinds in the refrigerator. I put in the coffee grinds and a box of baking soda on the December 22, 2020. (Today is January 12, 2021 and the gases are still in the refrigerator). I gave it a couple of days and called back, after 45 minutes on hold I was told I had to have another service appointment, which I did. On December 26, 2020 the service technician came back and told me that the gases would leave eventually. I ask how long do I wait and he said he did not know. I called the Protection Agreement Dept and was on hold for two hour and 30 minutes before I hung up. I gave it a few days and called the customer service number and stayed on hold for 30 minutes. I got another agent who told me I could not get a replacement refrigerator until I have had four service calls, so I got another service appointment. On December 30, 2020 the service man came in and said to me " I have been already", I said yes you have. He checked the refrigerator and determined that the refrigerator should be replaced. I called the Protection Agreement Department again (184 minutes on hold) and was told by a supervisor they would escalate my request to see if it can get approved. I would hear back in three days. Since no one called me I called again on December 7, 2021 (2 hours on hold) with no one answering. I had to hang up. I called again today January 12, 2021 (45 minutes on hold) and was first told by Eric I was approved to get a new refrigerator but I had to wait on hold until he filled out my paperwork. When Eric came by to the phone he told me I was not approved because the refrigerator just had a gas smell. He proceeded to tell me that I had to have another service technician come out to determine where the gas was coming from. So I will take off work again for the fourth time to have this refrigerator checked. I have lost all my food in my refrigerator and my freezer.

I have followed Sears Warranty Protection Agreement process as your customer service agents has instructed me with no resolution in almost a month. That is a month without a refrigerator and having to purchase bags and bags of ice for my ice chests. It also made it very difficult preparing a meal through the holiday season. I need some assistance as soon as possible. There has to be a better way help your customers when faced with a broken appliance. By the way I was told by one of your technician told me that I purchase a refrigerator that is one of the worst Sears sells. How do you think that made me feel knowing that this refrigerator has only last a little over a year and a half.

Please contact me for assistants with this matter.

Searswashing machine repair

I was scheduled a repair appointment today, January 11, 2021 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. I was told someone would call me when they were on their way.
                                      I pay a good amount for the Sears appliance maintenance agreement.
                                      At 12:15 I had not received a phone call, so I called their scheduling to check on my appointment. I was told no one was coming out because the technician they had lined up to come out does not work on my brand of washing machine, Samsung. So I asked to reschedule with someone that will service a Samsung washing machine. I was told I would have to talk to their "overflow" department, and she transferred me. I was on hold for 2 hours and 20 minutes to the "overflow" department!
                                      The person I spoke to, with his broken English, told me there was no one in the area to service this machine. He was going to submit a ticket (I think he said) to another department that would do research for someone to repair the machine. I was told this other department would contact me within 24-72 hours with an answer. Because of the Covid virus it may take longer. Now be aware I have already been one week without my machine. If I don't hear back from this other department, I should call [protected] and ask about it. That's the same department that I was on hold for 2 hrs. 20 min. I don't look forward to calling.
                                      My washing machine's tub (drum?) came loose from the wall I guess, and it just goes all crazy loose, clanking and bouncing etc.
                                      I am very disappointed in Sears, We have been loyal customers for 53 years, buying most all our appliances, tools and tractors from there.
                                      Any help anyone can give would be appreciated.

Margaret McDaniel