Having problems with American Bank?

American Bank Customer Service Contacts

9001 Edmonston Road #100
Greenbelt, Maryland
United States - 20770

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with American Bank Customer Service. Initial American Bank complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for American Bank above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about American Bank. Discuss the issues you have had with American Bank and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

American Federal Savings Bank (Mortgage)Deceptive Mortgage Practices

Was conditionally approved on 11/11/11 for mortgage refinance and provided all documents requested by 11/12/11. I informed mortgage specialist David Orban at that time that I had a second lien on my home, a forgivable loan that had a depreciated balance. Mr. Orban requested the deed for that lien and after review informed me that the loan could still be completed because they could get the lien subordinated. I expressly informed Mr. Orban that I did not want to pay for an appraisal if it was more probable for the loan to be rejected, and he ensured me they could work the loan. I paid for the appraisal from money that I did not have and month after month I was led to believe my loan was going to close. When I began this process, my credit score was in the high 700's. This company pulled my credit excessively and since then my score has dropped to the low 600's. Now, some 6 months later they sent me an email stating they could not process the loan because of the subordinated second lien, although the lien is subordinated. Their reasons are not justifiable and they cannot provide me with a better explanation. According to the FTC, I should have received a credit decision within 30 days of applying, and now 5 months later after sending me email after email telling me they promise the loan could be worked, they are saying the loan cannot be worked with the lien. I have wasted time, money and now my credit score has dropped preventing me from shopping for a new loan and all they can do is say too bad. Their practices are deceptive, misleading, and I am going to seek compensation for my time, effort, and loss incurred.

johndwall Jan 18, 2013

They are shady. Don't use The Federal Savings Bank I 9151 Rumsey Rd, Suite 165 I Columbia MD 21045 I USA