Grand River Poodlesbought a puppy

C

April 15/12 I purchased a $1, 800 male puppy with breeding rights from Grand River Poodles. After jumping through many many hoops...like paid in full before arrival. Right there I should of known better & stopped. However, I didn't... My husband & I drove to Ohio staying one night in a motel as we were travelling from Ontario. The breeder knew where we lived and her website had said you get a vet certificate. When we arrived my boy had a shaven face and for the months prior I kept saying don't shave him and she said she wasn't but on that morning she "forgot". We toured the entire house, lots and lots of dogs everywhere..Roberta Katona hand wrote out a cardboard two fold immunization record of when the pup had its first shot. Again I don't clue in that this dog has never been seen by a vet and the second shot is actually due any day. Well I cross the border with just this document, thankfully the young trainee after pulling us over still didn't clue in either that their was no vet stamp on this "official" looking cardboard two fold. I take this little guy to my vet when I get home and shocked when my vet realizes that this little guy has never been seen by a vet..his condition was this, both ears full of thick yeast, when that was cleaned, down deeper was ear mites, hundreds of dollars later, he continued to have stomach problems for the next 6-8 weeks, his left eye has a blocked tear duct that needs attention and that's why his face was shaven, so I wouldn't see it. Now that his hair is grown out I have to keep it short around his eyes as it runs constantly. The puppy also needed to be caught up on the deworming schedule as Roberta had stopped at 7 weeks and I picked him up at 11 weeks 3 days old. Her response to me has been rude by phone, nice on emails...she has offered to replace the pup knowing full well we would not make that trip again, nor would she pay for my vet bill. Her response when confronted stated "that would cost me $75.00 for every pup"...well you charged me $1, 800!!! This has been also filed with the BBB and no resolution. When we viewed her house their were dogs in every room, playpen & stacked cages in the living room, a bedroom with stacked cages from floor to ceiling on 3 walls...I am extremely disappointed. BUT you see I'd paid "FULL UPFRONT" what were the chances of getting my money back when she wouldn't even spend $75 to take him to a certified vet. She gave the one and only shot he'd had herself!! That is unheard of in Ontario! Now to date his latest problem is 3 large teeth on each corner of his lower jaw...the fun never stops. This breeder also did not have for me his pedigree. Again, a hand scribbled mess and when I protested she gave me a website to go to and print it out myself. Never again, "Grand River Poodles"...I had used another US breeder back in March 2012 (Michigan) and they were very professional and I have a healthy beautiful girl from them. Without even asking, her paperwork, vet doc, pedigree of both her parents etc. were all ready for me when I arrived and she has turned out to be a real sweetheart!!! (All that with just a deposit) Now that's professional!

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices