Synchrony BP Credit Card Companycustomer service

H

In May 2017, I purchased a warranty from Dell Computers and paid for the warranty with my BP credit card.
Dell never sent me the start up disc which meant I did not have a working computer that needed a warranty.
I notified BP not to honor the charge and their fraud department conducted their investigation.
In the meantime, Dell refunded the charge to my account.
Yesterday, I heard from BP and they agreed with Dell that I had ordered the warranty and they should be paid for that service. BP did not conduct its own internal investigation regarding my claim so on June 12, they paid Dell from my account the money charged for the warranty.
I spent over two hours on the phone today with 6 different customer service and/or fraud department personnel explaining the problem. My last conversation was with a supervisor whose name is Matt. Matt explained the bank's policy to me. He also said that Dell was being charged twice; once when they refunded my account, and the other by BP. I suggested that charging me for a warranty I never received would be inappropriate. We ended the conversation with the sure knowledge that I would be charged over $300 for a warranty that covered a computer they did not send me the start up disc to use. Matt and I did not part as friends.
When I told Matt I wanted to speak to someone who had higher authority and responsibility level than he, he said I would only hear the same thing (which translates into, I am not going to let you talk to anyone at a higher level). I suggested strongly that I would not let the situation rest with his decision.