Having problems with Etihad Airways?

Etihad Airways reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jan 16, 2008. The latest review out of pocket was posted on Oct 22, 2021. The latest complaint Ticket was overcharged into account was resolved on Sep 08, 2021. Etihad Airways has an average consumer rating of 4 stars from 1076 reviews. Etihad Airways has resolved 833 complaints.

Etihad Airways Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 266 7883 (United States)
+44 345 608 1225 (United Kingdom)
+66 27 873 377 (Thailand)
+41 844 002 211 (Switzerland)
+27 860 123 150 (South Africa)
+65 68 185 555 (Singapore)
+35 170 720 1585 (Portugal)
+63 27 926 044 (Philippines)
New Airport Road, Khalifa City A, PO Box 35566
Abu Dhabi
United Arab Emirates

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Etihad Airways Customer Service. Initial Etihad Airways complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Etihad Airways above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Etihad Airways. Discuss the issues you have had with Etihad Airways and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Etihad Airways Complaints & Reviews

Etihad Airwaysout of pocket

Hi,
I booked 3 tickets for myself, Wife and Son with Etihad Airways via Flysharp, only to find out Etihad Airways had cancelled our original return journey on 9th November from Islamabad.
This disruption has caused massive problems for us financially as we have had to pay extra £240 on top just to get a return flight which ended up being 3 days later. This change has cost me dearly in costs extra taxi fares, extra money required there and financial loss of earnings from work as I am now arriving later.
Flyway did not leave me much options due to there cancellation and amendment policy as any change would impact all my holiday prior engagements and PCR test bookings and taxi fare bookings.
We are now returning on 12th November from Islamabad to London this was our first ever bookings with Etihad and my son Owais shafi his first ever holiday abroad first time in a plane but Etihad has caused my family nothing but distress before we have even left on holiday. My wife leaves on Sunday and me and my son leave from London the Sunday after with our return flights together. I am a very dissatisfied customer at the moment, I have spoken to Flyways who are not taking the Etihad flight cancellation blame at all which I understand.
I understand Etihad complaints can be resolved via Resolver or via flight cancellation claims but wanted to email you direct to see what you can offer me for my losses?
Currently as a start £240 has been paid to re-arrange alternative flight
£160 for my Taxi fees for return date Uk
Not to mention the extra costs I will need whilst in Pakistan and the £280 loss of earnings due to having to take 2 unpaid holidays. I would like a resolution to all this as soon as possible especially before I leave on the 24th October from Heathrow EY12. Apart from the financial hit now they are saying no seats together for me and my son( he is already nervous at it is). I have spoken to somebody from contact centre no help at all no upgrade offer or looking after customer just bit of sympathy thats all.
Kind Regards
Mr N Shafi

• Updated by Nad Shafi · Oct 22, 2021

we are based in uk not usa

Etihad AirwaysCounter staff

Dear
    My flight was today 13-10-2021
    I book 3 tickets
    Ticket mention name as per passport name front page and last page name
    But counter staff not accept
    She told me if you want travel pay $100 each passenger
    I request no have money plz check my name in ticket same as passport mention
    But etihad staff not allow
    I cry with my kids
    After I pay indian rupees 24000
    I arrange money from another unknown person
    But its very bad service from etihad staff in ahmemdab

Plz refund my money

1 Response
      • Na
        Nad Shafi Oct 22, 2021

we are in similar situation they cancelled our return flight nov 9th 2021 from Islamabad, we are now coming on 12th and £260 pounds worse off not to mention loss of earnings from work for coming late and extra expenditure hotels and taxis. in total i am over £600 at loss.

Etihad AirwaysFlight Cancelled without any Reason

I had an online booking of Abu Dhabi to Lahore on 19 November, 2021, which has been cancelled without any given reason. Adding to that, the customer service is extremely poor and highly inconvenient. I have been trying to reach out to customer care for the last 2 days but to no avail.
      I want to rebook my flight to the most reasonable option available. Kindly, take the concern seriously and resolve the matter at the earliest.

Flight Cancelled without any Reason

Oct 06, 2021

Etihad Airways — Change of flight times therfore have to stay on airport for 6.5 hours

We booked a once in a lifetime holiday to the maldives with travel republic to a water villa to relax and...

Etihad AirwaysRefund

Etihad owes me a refund for a flight with reservation code: ATNOXS which was first addressed on January 27th 2021. I received an email on Wednesday, 30 June stating the following
        "Information: Processed Full Rfnd To Ccvi6552"

I have since spoken to multiple agents on the phone and been told that the refund is DONE and I should check with the bank. I have done that twice and the bank confirms that no refund was made at any point.

The refund is for two amounts:
        929.86 CAD - 170.82 CAD

I have also been given the following details:

Refund receipt: [protected]
        2nd: [protected]

I understand if I was told that the refund is still IN PROCESS but I'm told its PROCESSED but I HAVE NOT received it which is what bothers me the most.

No proof of transaction was shared, no one at the helpline has any answers.

Refund

Etihad AirwaysRefund request

I tried making a two-way booking for my parents, the payment went through but didn't receive the ticket confirmation. So I did another booking and it was successful. As the amount has been deducted twice, I would like to request for a refund. Tried calling the customer care several times both in UAE & India, but no reply. Kindly guide me to request a refund.

Etihad AirwaysFlight EY211/17

Hi, hope you're doin well.
            I flew Etihad on 22nd September on flight EY211 and EY17 from New Delhi to London via Abu Dhabi.
            When I received my luggage at LHR, My sky blue suitcase was found open. Apart from that, it was badly bruised. The opening button was broken . I was not able to recognize my brand new bag, it was that bad!

I want to file a complaint for mishandling and bruising my brand new bag and need compensation on the same.
            Please give me a call/ email me on how to proceed.
            Email id: [protected]@gmail.com
            Number: +[protected]

Regards
            Saumya Sharma

Etihad AirwaysRefund

I have taken tickets for newyork jfk via abudhabi from mumbai India EY205 Mumbai to Abudhabi 11/8/21 and from Abudhabi to JFK Newyork EY101 11/8/21 the flight was cancelled by Etihad airways Since 11/8/21 Iam trying customer care number and Mailed several times but since today I have not received any response for refund. Please do needful as early as possible.
              Thanks

Refund

Etihad AirwaysFlight rescheduled

My Confirmation code for Dublin - Bangalore booking for 30th Dec, 2021 is HJOVHI. I have received an email with the information of rescheduling of connecting flight from Abu Dhabi.
                As per the new schedule, flight EY 216 to Bangalore will depart at 19.45 hrs on 30/12/2021 whereas EY42 from Dublin will arrive in Abu Dhabi at 23.30 hrs on 30/12/21. There has been a serious oversight in rescheduling as there is no way anyone can catch a connecting flight that leaves before one's arrival.
                I request you to look into this and suggest a suitable connection on the same day and route.
                Secondly, my onward journey date has also been rescheduled from 18/12/2021 to 19/12/2021 which also isn't a happy situation for me as my short trip is further cut down by a day. I request you to look into my bookings and restore my earlier dates and plans.
                I have tried calling up the number on the website but was unsuccessful in getting across. I have no other way of contacting the airlines. I would sincerely appreciate if my bookings can be sorted and my travel plans restored.
                Thank you.

Respond

Etihad AirwaysCancellation of ticket, and request for refund

I travelled from London, Heathrow to Islamabad/Pakistan at end of April 2021 via Etihad Airways. My return flight from Islamabad to Heathrow was cancelled, and I was told that I would be reimbursed later.

My Etihad Guest No is [protected], and Miles balance is : 2839.

I want to find out how I can get a refund for my ticket which was cancelled from Pakistan to London in May 2021.

Fawad Muzaffar
                  +[protected]

Etihad Airways2bags

Hi kindly am following up on two bags left behind by my client at abudhabi airport. I tried to get to you through your numbers but not going through .also am not getting feedback from the emails i have sent .
                    ticket number of the client is RVKMOB.hope to get your feedback the soonest. The incident took place on September 16th.unfortunately the luggage wasn't included in the ticket. And the client didn't have money to pay at the airport so she left the bags at the airport. We would like the bags to be transported to Kenya to the client .attached below the ticket of the client and pictures of the two bags she left at the airport .your assistance will be highly appreciated. Thank you

Respond

Etihad AirwaysFlights rescheduled- requesting a refund

I have booked 4 return journey tickets with a booking reference number XLANCR through 'Etihad website'. The flights departing 16.12.2021 and returning on 15.01.2022.
                      I have got an email stating the change in flight schedule for flights from Athens and also from AbuDhabi and flight journey originally of 16 hours now with rescheduling extended to a whopping 70 hours and that's ridiculous.
                      We have two small kids and this will make our journey very difficult, also losing 2 very precious days because of rescheduling of flights.
                      I would like to go ahead with 'Cancellation and refund' of flight tickets. But I dont know how to do it, they are not taking up the phone(treid MANY times), on website I can do nothing via 'manage my booking' and now am in a fix.
                      Please resolve the issue!

Etihad AirwaysMy Guest Account with Eithad

Hello Sir,
                        Good Morning!
                        For ten day I have been trying to contact Eithad Airways on Phone No.[protected] but there is no response but only taped voice is running for hours on phone but no customer care agent answering the call. Is it the way Eithad Airline, A Government Entity of repute is running now and are not working to our satisfaction ?
                        Can you please tell me what is the position of my Guest Account No.[protected]. What is the amount in the account and how long it is valid. Please share all information.
                        Let me tell you that all other Airlines Emirates, Gulf air are running smoothly and they are responding to Customer calls quickly and resolving the issues also but what about Eithad Airways.
                        Can you please refund my hard earned money which you kept forcibly in the Guset Account when your flights to Delhi from Bahrain did not operate due to covid.
                        Looking forward to hear from you soon.
                        Regards,
                        Autar Koul
                        M: +[protected]/[protected]
                        E-mail:[protected]@yahoo.com

Etihad Airwaysticket refund CCJ-AUH-JED

Sir, I purchased ticket CCJ-AUH-JED through clear trip on 23-02-2020 unfortunately flight was cancelled but until now I didn't receive my refund amount. My booking ref. is XBZ KNT & ticket number is [protected] my name is Hassain chelathodan. Clear trip says Etihad no yet process refund. my clear trip trip ID is [protected] Kindly do necessary action to get it refund.

Respond

Etihad AirwaysFight cancelled, was onthephone for nearly an hour to talk about this, but no joy

Reservation number WJSXWT

Flight from Abu Dhabi to Chennai cancelled and rescheduled

Long transit in Abu Dhabi, nearly20 hrs. Need to talk to some one about this

My number is [protected] (UK)

Thanks

Etihad AirwaysTicket fare refund ey 257 dt 25/march / 2020

I booked a ticket from CCJ to AUH on 25 march 2020. The flight No ey257, PNR: CKHYFC and ticket No [protected]. I already sent request for refund and request ID is 9682617. I trying to get the refund more than one year. The cocerned staffs are very negative approach regarding this issue. I submitted all required proof including copy of the ticket. They send me a UAE tollfree for contact. How can contact UAE tollfree No? I booked the ticket in India and paid through Indian bank Dr card. So I request to resolve the issue and kind consideration upon me
                              Ahammed Kuttiparambil
                              Email : [protected]@gmail.com

Etihad AirwaysBroken Suitcase

I checked in my suitcase in Jakarta on the 15th of September for flight EY 475 to Abu Dhabi for a transit later on with flight EY 19 to Heathrow, London. I am very disappointed by the state that I retrieved my suitcase in London (16th September 2021, around 12:00). Not only was my suitcase given to me with a broken zipper which had been completely torn off, but it was also kept together without care by a single piece of rope. I had many valuables inside this bag including clothing, toiletries, a camera, and medication. Fortunately, my baggage did not seem to lose anything despite the fact that the suitcase was almost entirely open.

Although all the belongings within that suitcase are still intact, I do heavily believe that action is taken after this complaint is sent. This suitcase is what was going to be used for me to exit my managed quarantine to later move into my university accommodation. I have two large suitcases in total, the other is in fine condition, but there is no possible way for me to bring this suitcase around London- through trains, buses, etc- with the state and damage it now has. I am unable to leave my hotel room to purchase another as I am under a 10 day managed quarantine. If possible, I'd request that firstly, I get a proper apology from Etihad as I have yet to receive one. And secondly, something is done about my baggage. Whether this means I am given a new one, my broken one is repaired, I do need something done. I believe a refund will hardly work as I have no time to go purchase myself one under this quarantine lockdown where I am unable to leave.

Below are images attached of the state my baggage was in. These pictures were later on taken in my hotel room as I had been in a rush to leave the airport. The address of the hotel that I am staying for the next 9 days is the Holiday Inn London (Sipson Road Heathrow, Airport, London, West Drayton UB7 0HP). My personal phone number is +62 [protected]. My email is [protected]@gmail.com

Thank you.

Broken Suitcase
                                Broken Suitcase

Sep 16, 2021

Etihad Airways — Travel bank/flight refund

we were due to fly last year in July the middle of the pandemic to the UK from NZ. this of course got...

Etihad AirwaysUnable to save details

I'm planning to fly from Delhi to Dubai On 26th of September 2021, I have successfully booked my tickets through the Etihad Airways website, But I am unable to save my passport and other travel details, I tried calling the customer care division in India for the same But haven't been able to contact them. Also As per the automated calling system Whenever I try to Dial to the desired extension The call is not placed And the same message By the automated calling system for the desired extensions Keeps on repeating.
                                  Kindly help ASAP.

Contact number-+[protected]
                                  email [protected]@gmail.com.

Sep 16, 2021

Etihad Airways — pnr ybhmng.

Reference to the above PNR, I purchased online tickets from Islamabad to Istanbul through budget air.uk.co...