ShakespeareComplaining about lack of warranty and service to rods

S

I purchased a rod from Wal Mart this year, as I have done in the past. This rod was an Ugly Stick, Shakespeare rod. The card accompaning the rod said that repair could be made by sending broken rod to the address I have entered above. I was to also send a check for $7.50, which I enclosed in the package. I paid $20.00 to ship it. I received a letter, minus the check I had sent, informing me that they did not repair rods anymore. What type of warranty is that. I think they should be turned in to the Better Business Bureau, for not standing behind their products. I have purchased many shakespeare rods at Wal Mart in the past an this is the first time I try to get one repaired. I am a retired senior citizen an feel like I have been taken advantage of. I shop at Wal Mart every week but I thought you should know about this product. Although, I like the rods, I do not plan on purchasing another one like it or a Shakespeare rod in the furture. I plan to tell all my fishing buddies about this incident.