Menu

complaints

Macy's Complaints Summary

132 Resolved
677 Unresolved
Our verdict: With Macy's's very poor resolution rate, careful consideration is needed. Research their service comprehensively, and read up on how they handle customer disputes. If you face issues, be prepared for potential challenges in obtaining resolutions and explore other service providers as backups.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Macy's has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Macy's. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

Macy's complaints 809

Sort by:

Newest Macy's complaints

C
2:16 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

In my latest bill, you charged me for sales tax for a pair pants or a couple shirts. I live in NJ and there is no sales tax on clothes. I would like to know how this happened and if some one can review my past bills. I think you are trying to hide this issue which could be wide spread. I have received the credit but am concerned you are doing this to other people

D
6:56 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have been unable to use my Macy’s Platinum card since the start of 2024. I attempted to make a purchase on January 1st at the Macy’s in Torrance, California, but my card would not accept the purchase. I realized that I had not activated my new card and thought this was the reason why my purchase was unsuccessful. I visited this same location on January...

3:58 pm EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Macy's Macy's keep cancelling my online orders for no reason

From past couple of years - Macy's cancelling my online orders for no reason. When I called Macy's CS, person could not give me any reason but did confirm if I place any online order, it will be cancelled. I insist to provide the reason, he said there is nothing in their system that he can provide any reason. Asked to talk his superior but said not available and gave me 888 number to call back on a later time. Asked reference number for the call and his full name, provided his name as William but refused to provide full name citing for security reason.

Need to know/find out why Macy's is cancelling my online orders and cannot help customer like me to provide an answer what happened or why cannot get any online orders?

Am I the fist one having this issue or victim of this?

Will appreciate to file this complaint and hoping for the resolution...

Confidential Information Hidden: This section contains confidential information visible to verified Macy's representatives only. If you are affiliated with Macy's, please claim your business to access these details.

Is Macy's legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals Macy's as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 16% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, Macy's stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering Macy's should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

Macy's earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Macy's achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for Macy's. The company provides a physical address, 5 phone numbers, and 2 emails, as well as 4 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

Macys.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows Macy's website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Macys.com you are considering visiting, which is associated with Macy's, is very old. Longevity often suggests that a website has consistently provided valuable content, products, or services over the years and has maintained a stable user base and a sustained online presence. This could be an indication of a very positive reputation.

Macy's website is deemed to be popular and indicating that it receives a high volume of traffic. It is important to be cautious when using a highly trafficked website, as it may be a target for cybercriminals looking to exploit vulnerabilities or steal personal information.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• While Macy's has a high level of trust, our investigation has revealed that the company's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. As a result, only 16% of 809 complaints are resolved. The support team may have poor customer service skills, lack of training, or not be well-equipped to handle customer complaints.
  • There was some difficulty in evaluating or examining the information or data present on the macys.com. This could be due to technical issues, limited access, or website may be temporarily down for maintenance or experiencing technical difficulties.
  • We conducted a search on social media and found several negative reviews related to Macy's. These reviews may indicate issues with the company's products, services, or customer support. It is important to thoroughly research the company and its offerings before making any purchases to avoid any potential risks.
R
9:47 am EST

Macy's Gift card

I made a purchase using 2 e-gift cards ($50 and $200) on 1/27. Macy's then proceeded to cancel my order without notifying me. The only reason I found out the order was cancelled was becasue Macy's charged my card for $183 when I used gift cards. When I called I was able to have the $183 charge reversed and was assured that the gift cards would be reimbursed within 5 business days and I would just have to redo the order. After the 5th day only one card was reimbursed ($50) and the $200 gift card was not. I called and they assured it would be reimbursed. After calling multiple times and being told the same run around it is now 2/8 (13 days after the order was cancelled) and still no reimbursement. I called and the gift card team is saying there is nothing they can do except send me a new physical gift card in the mail, that should arrive in 7-10 business days.

Claimed loss: 200 gift card

Desired outcome: 200 gift card

C
8:18 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

01/16/2024 Dear Sir or Madam: I am having a difficult time reaching someone to help me with an issue that I am having with a return that I made to Macys in November. I purchased two coats in October of 2023 and I ordered the wrong size coats. The coats were a black Michael Kors plus size club collar zip front coat, and a camel colored Ralph Lauren plu...

J
10:35 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Order # [protected] On December 4, 2023 I purchased Lancome Renegie HPN 300 Peptide Cream. This was the first time I tried the product and used just enough product to give it a fair trial. Unfortunately it dried out my face and was unacceptable. It enlarged my pores and did not soften my skin. My husband attempted to return it to the store and was refused...

6:01 am EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Macy's Arrived broken via ups... Givenchy irresistible eau de parfum roll-on, 0.7-oz. $34.00$40.00

On the way

Your replacement arrives by Tuesday, Dec. 12

Return by Jan. 31, 2024

GIVENCHY

Givenchy Irresistible Eau de Parfum Roll-On, 0.7-oz.

$34.00 $40.00

Na

Qty: 1

View full product details

Twice now Macy's Return Representatives have Lied saying "I would be refunded or a replacement would be forthcoming immediately ...as of this date Jan 8 2024 nothing has been offered or resolved and the requested Transcripts of the Live conversions from two Agents have not been forwarded to my Email...

Desired outcome: Refund the original Price or Deliver the Product in Safe Packaging...

Update by Harper “GOFOYOS” EU
Jan 08, 2024 6:06 am EST

The Customer Service Reps assured Me that because of the Broken Shards of Glass, in the thin Bubble Envelope, it was best not to send it back in that condition, for the safety of the Return Handlers...

I
5:36 pm EST

Macy's Shoes

Ordered shoes using my shoe size. Shoes were very small. Sizing is wrong. I returned the shoes for a refund. Macys sent me anotrher pair apologizing for the damaged item. The iten was not damaged. I wanted my money back. I sent the pair back and they sent me another pair! Now that want me to pay for shipping the second pair back. I want my total cost of $32.09 refunded.

I have documentation but this website won't let me upload documents.

Claimed loss: 32.09

Desired outcome: I WANT A REFUND FOR $32.09 - DO NOT SUBTRACT THE $9.99 SHIPPING FRONM THE 32.09

F
9:11 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On August 7,2023 my partner and I went into the Macy's Oakland Mall location and spoke with salesperson in the furniture department. We were there to inquire on patio furniture that I found on the Macy's website. The salesperson assisted with the purchase of two outdoor furniture sets from Westin Trends which was only available via online order. He placed...

L
7:33 pm EST

Macy's False advertising on brand and original cost of item

Macy's advertised a Godinger Set of 4 jungle glasses on clearance for $13.36 from the original price of 67.00 dollars.. well I recieved the glasses and they are NOT Godinger brand glasses, then the macy's original price is on the glasses box for 29.99.. So macy's is lying about the brand and cost of the item.. I called in and they would do anything, all the agent would do is state what is says on the website. She would not even take a complaint or do something about their false advertising and false brand name of Godinger.

Desired outcome: Macy's needs to credit back every person who purchased this product under false advertising and item information

K
4:53 am EST

Macy's Credit card - macy's erased my bank info & autopay so I was made overdue

I have an 842 credit rating! And Macy's is messing with my credit! I've had a Macy's card for years. Granted, I only use it on occasion. But as with ALL of my accounts I set up auto-pay through my bank right away years ago. As I have been traveling I presumed autopay was taking care of my account. But today I discovered that Macy's had charged me $29 late fee. Also, they never notified me that I was past due! I've always set up alerts on my accounts. But when I went down the list I saw that NONE of the alerts were set! All my alerts were blank / erased! This is absolutely bogus and makes me wonder if they've deliberately done this to collect late fees! I'm furious!

Claimed loss: $29 Late Fee $3 Processing Fee & Likely Negative Credit Bureau Report

Desired outcome: Refund my $29 late fee and $3 processing fee AND reverse any late notice on my file as well as any reporting to credit bureau.

A
12:44 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

In September, I selected many dresses from your online store to have shipped to my home to facilitate a purchase for my daughter's wedding (limited selection and sizes available in the store). I selected one and returned the others to the Manassas Mall store on October 9th, 2023. I received a receipt and thought it would be credited to my Macy's charge...

4:00 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have been shopping at Macy’s Valencia since the store opened. I have purchased many items and gift cards in the past and have never had a problem---until today, December 9, 2023, 10:53 am. I was Christmas shopping for children’s clothing and spent approximately $200. I also purchased one (1) $200 gift card and one (1) $100 gift card. I think the gift...

N
8:48 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I placed an order in mid-October 2023. I order two luggage sets that were $74.99 each. One set arrived November 2nd. I called to advise them only one set came, and I still want the other set. The cms rep assured me that my reshipment will be on the way. You'll get an email with tracking in 24-48 hrs. I checked my email and it said. Thank you for your...

R
11:46 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I am writing to share my feedback on a recent shopping experience that left me quite disappointed. On November 24th, I made a purchase of Estée Lauder products on the official Macy's website. Unfortunately, I encountered problems when I tried to pay using PayPal. The payment page indicated that the transaction was unsuccessful, prompting me to contact...

F
5:31 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

To Whom It May Concern, Helen Sosa Attachments Mon, 27 Nov, 13:50 (2 days ago) to customerservice Order Number [protected] To Whom It May Concern, On black Friday I went to Macy's website and found a beautiful Levtex Quilt for sale at $27.99, once I clicked on the item it placed pillow shawms in my shopping bag. I had thought it strange but thought...

B
5:01 pm EST

Macy's Radley London Dukes Place medium pebble leather crossbody bag

Purchased online 01/19/2023 for $228. About 6 mths after using, the lining of the handbag started to pull away from the leather along the opening at the top. It has gotten worse with use and is clearly visible when the bag is open. I do not expect a $200+ handbag to start falling apart after 6 mths of use. I complained to Radley London and was referred back to you as the seller.

Claimed loss: $228

Desired outcome: A credit for the full amount of the bag so that I might purchase a replacement. I am happy to return the defective bag if you send a pre-paid return label.

E
10:57 am EST

Macy's Order not receive

I made a purchased online 10/22/2023 with order# [protected] it's a Crucifix Pendant. I track the package and it was delivered; I check UPS tracking # 1Z5407R4YN40500832 based on the photo as proof of delivery that is not my address. I filed a complaint both Macys and UPS for this loss claimed. I attached my home address screenshot and the proof of photo to where the item was delivered.

The reason I wrote this complaint again because I been calling macy's customer service and my complaint was denied with no valid reason.

B
6:01 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I placed orders via Paypal with 3 different methods (checking account, debit card, linked credit card), and all were canceled by Macy's within minutes of the confirmation. After going in circles with the customer service rep to verify all the data already on my Macy's account and order (home address, shipping address, full name, phone number, each payment...

Read full review of Macy's and 1 comment
I
5:31 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My name is Ida Goodspeed and I am almost 80 years old. I’m a very good citizen, honest, spiritual and always believed in helping others. My credit score is perfect. I love shopping at Macy’s. I was in very good health, with a good solid mind. I was doing normal things everyday, such as, exercising, dancing, etc. I just loved life! Then my life was turned...

Read full review of Macy's
How to file a complaint about Macy's?

1. Log in or create an account: Ensure you are logged into your ComplaintsBoard.com account. If you do not have an account, please register by providing the required personal information and verifying your email address.

2. Navigating to the complaint form: Once logged in, locate the 'File a Complaint' button situated at the top right corner of the website and click on it to access the complaint form.

3. Writing the title: In the 'Complaint Title' field, concisely summarize the main issue you have encountered with Macy's. Make it specific and clear, for example, "Incorrect Billing on Macy's Credit Card" or "Poor Customer Service at Macy's Downtown Location".

4. Detailing the experience: Provide a detailed account of your experience with Macy's. Mention specific key areas such as product quality, customer service, delivery, billing, or return policies. Include relevant information about any transactions, such as dates, amounts, and item descriptions. Clearly describe the nature of the issue, including any steps you took to resolve it and the response you received from Macy's. Explain how this issue has personally affected you, whether it be inconvenience, financial loss, or disappointment.

5. Attaching supporting documents: Attach any relevant documents that support your complaint, such as receipts, emails, or photographs. Do not include sensitive personal information like your social security number, bank account details, or other confidential data.

6. Filing optional fields: Use the 'Claimed Loss' field to indicate any financial loss you have incurred due to the issue with Macy's. In the 'Desired Outcome' field, describe what resolution you are seeking, whether it be a refund, exchange, apology, or other forms of resolution.

7. Review before submission: Carefully review your complaint or review to ensure that it is clear, accurate, and complete. Check for spelling and grammar errors, and make sure all the information provided is factual and relevant to your complaint.

8. Submission process: After reviewing, click the 'Submit' button to file your complaint or review. Ensure that you have filled in all the necessary fields and attached any supporting documents before submitting.

9. Post-Submission Actions: After submitting your complaint or review, regularly check your account on ComplaintsBoard.com for any responses or updates. You may receive feedback from Macy's or from other users who have had similar experiences.

Overview of Macy's customer experience

Macy's, the popular department store, has been receiving a lot of negative feedback from its customers lately. Many have complained about poor customer service, long wait times, and unresponsive representatives. Others have reported issues with online orders, such as delayed shipping and incorrect items being delivered. Some customers have also expressed frustration with the quality of products sold by Macy's, claiming that they are not worth the high prices. Overall, Macy's seems to be struggling with meeting the needs and expectations of its customers, which has resulted in a decline in customer satisfaction and loyalty.
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Macy's contacts