Home Sure of VirginiaStay away

G

HMS – Home Sure of Virginia is a total rip off. Talk about your “creative accounting” – they ought to hook up with the folks in California – HMS will have that deficit paid off in NO TIME.
After numerous calls to obtain a receipt for payment & my renewal policy, my husband & I decided to go ahead & terminate this contract with HMS due to lack of customer service & trying to use the policy was like pulling teeth.. The “refund” included a twenty five $25 cancellation fee & instead of pro-rating my refund – HMS uses a “short-rate” method. So instead of 26 actual days, I was charged 72 days. When I confronted the gal in the accounting dept about this – My Comment: “… so by doing this, you are putting less money back into my pocket.” She replied: “yup” & then laffed. I am guessing by her reaction that this is now a running joke with them … Personally, I don’t think it’s so dang funny.