Menu
MWEB.co.za
reviews & complaints

MWEB.co.za
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

285 complaints
2 resolved 283 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of MWEB.co.za. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
A
11:01 am

MWEB.co.za - VOIP number portiing

Took out a VOIP contract in addition to my fibre contract. I was told by the sales agent that my telkom landline number can be ported to voip. However in the meanwhile I was given a voip number.

All documents for the voip contract was submitted on the 18 May 2022. On the Mweb it shows that the number porting should have been done on 6 June 2022. On 17 June 2022, I tried calling Mweb to query the status of the porting. I was diverted to an automated answering where I was asked to type my number on the keypad, so that I can be contacted. Which I did. The automated system was not working kept on asking me to key in my number, even after I confirmed the number is correct. I then resorted to contacting the sales department as a new customer. The sales lady than transferred me to sales support. Support could nit give me an answer, so proceeded to escalate the matter and take my details. I was told I would be contacted with in 48 hours. I reminded her it was the weekend, I was then told I would be contacted by Tuesday 21 June 2022. The contact numbers I gave was my mweb voip number and my day time cell no. It is no Friday 24 June 2022, no one has called me.

Due to frustration I logged the query on Friday 17 June 2022, on Twitter as well. I received a reply on Wednesday 22 June 2022. I was asked to forward my contact number and account number. I DM the account number and my day time contact number. I have had no contact via the social media department.

Today Friday 24 June 2022 one week later. I started the calls again. Same as last week, the voip support and automated system not working. I then called technical support who was kind enough to give me a brief update but not much to go on. I was than transferred to another department where I could get feedback, again I could not get much support. I was transferred again, held on and then the call cut off.

I have spent so much hours on the phone just to get a feedback on the number porting, which should have been done by the 6th of June. Mweb is quick to sign you up but after sales service is pathetic.

I have never had an issue with technical support.

Desired outcome: Please provide feedback on the number porting and I want the mweb voip number given to me to be changed to the seven digits of my old telkom landline number

M
7:55 pm

MWEB.co.za - Mweb

I first chose mweb with vumatel had contant disconnects where I had to phone mweb and go through the onoying voice prompts at least once a week just to get the same tier 1 troubleshooting then after paying them 750 to come fix the connection o still had constant disconnections. They then switched me from vumatel to openserve and today again I cannot use it because there is no internet accept mweb site that i can access. Im phoning axxess or vox in the morning mweb will never see me again nor will I recommend mweb to anyone

7:11 am

MWEB.co.za - Fibre has been down for 20 days now mwb21083439

Absolutely pathetic service, my fibre has been down for 20 days now. I have called in almost everyday, with no results. I get lied to regarding the issue. Your internal call center staff needs training on how to asses a issue and resolve it. I'm a paying customer with no service, this is a fabulous establishment you are running. My airtime and my time off work will not be compensated by you, which honestly is not fair. Here is my latest reference number MWB21083439.

Desired outcome: I would love for my fibre line to be working and for a manager or supervisor to actually call me regarding this issue. I will be requesting a credit for the days of no service and a refund for my time wasted on calls and my airtime.

A
1:52 am

MWEB.co.za - Interupted signal

We have been struggling for a month with interrupted signal. Every hour we have to reset our router. We have continuesly phoned, holding on for more than 30 minutes. Problem still not fixed. On Monday we paid someone to open up as we were promised that a technician will come out. Still no one.

Clearly Mweb as gone down the drain, employing people that have any responsibility or cutomer care.

Easy to take poor South Africans money for no service. Please remove any links to service provider.

Desired outcome: Fix the issues

Z
8:19 am

MWEB.co.za - Refund

I paid money into MWEB account instead of Vumatel, then i contacted MWEB for a refund on the 30th May and i was asked to send an email at [email protected] with my bank statement, copy of ID and POP which i did. To date i haven't received my refund they keep on telling me my bank is reversing the money. I asked for proof or reversal they send me a General journal that says Journal type- refund reversal. My banking details are not on that journal to show they were transferring money to that account so i am not even sure if they used correct banking details. I then asked for a screen shot or the error code they are getting, then Rukaya Smith says there is no other proof they can send me. i get my salary every month in that account i provided them with as well as other payments. But MWEB money get reversed and they cant even produce a proof or reason why its reversed, this really does not make sense. Its been 14 days i have been waiting for my refund and all i am hearing is my bank is reversing my refund but they cant send me proof of that. Can MWEB stop taking me for a ride and refund me please. I don't have any other banking details to provide them with. PLEASE CAN I GET MY REFUND ASAP

Desired outcome: I want my refund ASAP its been 13 days awaiting my refund and they cant even give me proof that my bank is reversing the refund.

F
5:38 am

MWEB.co.za - Mweb fibre- vumatel connection failures

Mweb fibre (Vumatel) is such a disappointing service provider, you just get connection failures and they provide no communicate to costumers, this time around i have lost connection from friday evening and now it sunday ,i called for technical support i waited over 40mins for my call to be attended by technical support after giving account details i am told your area is experiencing connection problem. So there was no help regarding my connection failure, so my call was a waste of time no feed back as to when the problem might be resolved. But Guarantee my bill will be 100%(not sure it based on what) versus a service which is less than 100% (3rd day no Internet connection) if im not mistaken it not the first time for this month or it was late last month. Disappointed customer ..the reason one went for fibre was for more reliability . Im not sure it the Fibre that not reliable or it the service provider that not reliable .Very Disappointed.

Desired outcome: Communication ,compensate for inconvenience. Which most cases lead to cost implications for us users.

MWEB.co.za - My wifi has not been connected

My wifi has not been connected yet from Mweb side. We have the modem and router. We can't get hold of anyone to talk to about our issue. No one cares at Mweb. I will be canceling Mweb today unless Mweb connects us today. I need to work and I need the wifi for my Tefl course and my husband needs it for business. This is getting ridiculous. Is anyone going to help? Will this complaint even matter. I am keeping money out of my account until I have wifi. In other words no wifi NO PAYMENT.

Desired outcome: To connect our wifi from Mweb side.

W
4:29 am

MWEB.co.za - Technical service

Our Website experience a technical issue and we need to restore to a previous backup done by MWEB Hosting service.

There are NO Mweb e-mail address available to produce copies if the issue and a detailed discussion.

It is impossible to do problem solving via phone without providing evidence.

[REF# 20170116000120 ] [Acc nr 28325

Thx

Desired outcome: Proper customer service and contact information, like a e-mail address

10:46 am

MWEB.co.za - Line installation

Good Afternoon,

I placed my order for my fibre line on the 14th of April it is not the 16th of May and I still have not had my line installed. My reference number is ISP -749827

I have spent over 4 hours in total on hold speaking to sales agents who have all advised me that my issue has been escalated. I have taken off work on two occasions to meet Vuma installers to put the line in place and have been let down on both occasions as technicians failed to arrive. No phone call and no follow up. I

Desired outcome: I would like me line installed and to be compensated for the time I have had to take off.

Z
7:44 am

MWEB.co.za - Unable to provide service

Since Thursday 12th May my wifi has been unable to connect. After first trying resetting and following the instruction on the voice prompts, I had to call in. I was informed by one agent that they would need a new IP nr and only Vumatel can issue it, another agent informed me that Vumatel dont work on a weekend and I would need to wait 3 to 4 days.

My son has to submitt his assignments online and I have to work. I'd like to know...

1. Who is reimbursing me for all the data I'm having to buy since Thursday 12th May?

Is my MWEB account bill going to be amended for the days I had an issue and could not be resolved timeously?

If I'm not compensated in some way then I would have no alternative but to cancel as this is not seeing to the needs customer.

Awaiting feedback

Regards

Zaida

Desired outcome: I'm hoping this matter can be resolved either by sorting out my wifi asap or and if notThen I would need to be reimbursed with the data or my account bill be discounted for the time period I had no wifi.

4:12 am

MWEB.co.za - Installation of wifi

My son and daughter in law ordered MWEB and I am the person who is paying the account and MWEB came to install and then they just left the cable there and my son had to dig the trench and lay the cables and now the cables is just lying by the box to be connected and no one is coming to connect the cable and the installation guy who is named OBERT is not answering his phone now.

I WANT ANSWERS TODAY AND THIS TO BE INSTALLED FINISHED TODAY.

Desired outcome: INSTALLATION TO BE COMPLETED TODAY 13 MAY 2022.

K
10:03 am

MWEB.co.za - MWEB fiber line down AGAIN and not delivering the speeds we are paying for

3rd time that my fiber line is down this year already. I have a 200mBps line uncapped and it has NEVER reached the output that I'm paying for and there are regular 'faults' with the line that take days to repair and are always blamed on "openserve".

What is worse is that MWEB tell me that if the fault is on my side then they will charge me, needless to say the amount of time, money and productivity I am loosing by not having an internet connection.

Desired outcome: I would like:1) better customer service from MWEB2) a more reliable product with less 'down-time'3) to get what I'm paying for (line speed as well as reliability)

D
3:30 am

MWEB.co.za - Does honour agreements

When I join mweb we had a agreement that I pay them R1000.00 deposits upfront and they will help me and that they will use it on the 6th and 7th month as an payment .

With very disappointment we are in the eight month and they have not honour our agreement we have discussed it with them on the phone and the inform that's what going to happen.

But they failed and did not do that .so they con people in doing that and can fulfil

the agreement with honour.

mr van der merwe

[email protected]

Desired outcome: i want them to do what they say or refund me

N
5:57 am

MWEB.co.za - Wifi connection

I moved premises on the 1st of April, and I submitted all the information that your service agent told me to send to them via e-mail on the 5th April in order to get my service activated. Today is the 25th of April my wifi is activated, what is frustrating is the fact that no one is giving me feedback on what the hold up is. Between the time I submitted the information that was required from me and today, there is not even a single day that I do not call to find out. I keep being transferred from one department to another, the latest information that I was told, only because I called was that it has been escalated to your service provider being Vumatel and they are the ones who will contact me. To date my line is still not activated, after 7 calls made to Mweb.

Below are the reference numbers

isp-728984

isp-717406

Desired outcome: My line to be activated

1 comment
U
May 17, 2022 3:24 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I acquired a remote voip phone from an alternative source. When I tried to set up the instrument to my mweb voip account, I ran into challenges, which I quickly realised are way beyond that of my limited computer skills. Mweb do not operate a walk-in or field based customer support system. This I believe is detrimental to providing a 'world class' customer support service. All the mweb customer IT support is conducted over the phone, which also creates challenges. I now have a voip account which I have not used since being activated 5 months ago. The irony being, that I am regularly invoiced for a service that is not being used. Help help, help whoever cares.

C
5:03 am

MWEB.co.za - Everything

I have moved and I have been emailing MWEB since the beginning of April, its now the 20th - I get told its going to cost R1007 to move as I was needing information about this to do the move from Ottery to table view then I get an email saying that the previous WIFI will be cancelled and the new one will kick in once the move has been done - First of all ...WHAT? No one has been giving me answers , I have told them this is urgent and I need the WIFI moved but I have not agreed to anything as I want to either cancel ( I need to know the cost) or I want to put this in my name.

I called in now to the billing department and a lady said that there is no cost to move and said she was going to speak to someone to confirm this then I was just transferred to a different department.

I work for a company overseas and we have about 15 staff members starting soon and needing WIFI at home and I will NOT recommend mweb, this is the most disgusting service i have ever received in my life!

Can a competent person call me and actually help me - DONT transfer the call but actually sort this rubbish out now!

D
1:35 pm

MWEB.co.za - Fibre

I signed the contract March 2021 and was told to deposit R1000 upfront and all along there was no problem, then I started having no internet March 2022, I reported the problem after 2 weeks, nothing happened, then I canceled it 31 March 2022, was told to put one month notice and I thought they were going to fix the problem, I don't have internet and I can't sign up for another service provider until month end, currently buying data for my daughter who is studying online and please I want justice and I want my refund and to cancel asap.

Desired outcome: Cancel immediately

S
5:42 am

MWEB.co.za - Uncapped 25mbps fibre lite - openserve order received: 5/04/2022

Order No. X7270157

I moved to a new premises where there is already fibre installed, with the box.

On the 1 April I have emailed all the information they needed to put the moving order in place.

I am a bit frustrated as this is not a totally new installation. After few phone calls yesterday they moved to the installation process. How is it possible that it takes 11days just to do that.? Now the estimate date of completion is 25/4. Then activation hasn't even taking place. This makes no sense. In the meantime I have already paid my monhtly subscription on R629, with no internet.

Can I please get some urgent feedback on my activation. If we go on the rate of the system, my fibre will only be on in May. I am very disappointed in this whole situation.

Desired outcome: I would like my wifi to be active by Thursday. Before the Long Weekend please.

MWEB.co.za - Fiber at no 26 pelzer street suideroord no connection

On Saturdays lately in seems the fiber the is no internet connection from your company I made a complaint last week on 2022/04/02 and I never received any feedback from your company and it seems to become a normal thing to disconnect me from the connection I pay your company for I am disappointed in your services if you continue like this I will have to find another suitable company that will cater for my needs

Desired outcome: Internet connection clearly

C

MWEB.co.za - Fiber line and wifi

I have complained about this before and it is not resolved... I pay for a 25 up and 25 download uncapped uncapped line but I only get between 3-5 up and 1 and 2 download. What was said to me is that I have to switch the 2 boxes of for 30 seconds and switch back on... I do that and it goes back to 23-25 but after a couple of minutes it goes back to 3-5 and 1-2...

Please resolve this

Desired outcome: Make it right

Update by Christian1980
Apr 05, 2022 10:06 am

Why is it so difficult to contact you please make it easier. When calling you for a new line it goes through quickly but getting technical support it's a mission. Today 5/04/2022 I have tried to call but you ask to many questions

Hide full review

MWEB.co.za - mweb 1644400 100gb + uncapped night time data + 20/10mps fibre - vumatel r649.00 pm

My work depends on being able to download information from the internet. I am paying for a minimum of 10 MB per second. I have tested it at all times of the day and night, and I always receive download speeds of only bytes or kilobytes per second. I have to restart my computer multiple times before I can download emails. and it takes me a long time to access internet banking. Sometimes I cannot access it at all.

Desired outcome: Refund one month’s premium and improve the service so I receive at least 10 MB/s - the minimum of what I am paying for. If necessary, replace my router or Vumatel, without making me pay more.

MWEB.co.za contacts