Having problems with MWEB.co.za?

MWEB.co.za Customer Service Contacts

+27 877 000 777 (Technical Help)
+27 877 002 121 (Billing)
+27 215 968 300 (Head Office)
+27 215 967 770 (Canal Walk Shopping Centre)
+27 113 407 270 (Clearwater Mall)
+27 113 407 481 (Cresta Shopping Centre)
+27 310 070 026 (Gateway Shopping Centre)
+27 113 407 172 (Menlyn Park Shopping Centre)
MWEB Building, 100 Fairway Close
Parow
South Africa - 7500
Postal Address
MWEB Connect, Private Bag X001, N1 City, 7463

Canal Walk Shopping Centre
Century Boulevard, Century City, Western Cape, Shop 117 - Pick 'n Pay, Entrance 4

Clearwater Mall
Hendrik Potgieter Drive & Christiaan de Wet Road, Shop 37 (next to Pick n Pay clothing), Lower Level, Clearwater Mall, Strubensvalley, Roodepoort

Cresta Shopping Centre
Cnr. Beyers Naude and Weltevreden Rd, Cresta Ext. 4, Gauteng, Shop U223 - opp. Pick 'n Pay Clothing

Gateway Shopping Centre
№ 1 Palm Boulevard, Umhlanga Ridge, Kwazulu - Natal, Shop F62 / 27 - opp. Cacao Chocolate Bar

Menlyn Park Shopping Centre
Atterbury Rd & Lois Aveю, Menlo Park, Pretoria, Shop LF136 - Near Checkers Hyper, Entrance 6

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with MWEB.co.za Customer Service. Initial MWEB.co.za complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for MWEB.co.za above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about MWEB.co.za. Discuss the issues you have had with MWEB.co.za and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

MWEB.co.za Complaints & Reviews

MWEB.co.zaMweb Fibre Installation

Order Fulfillment - Order Status Query - Ref No: MWB16785492. I have been waiting since the 13th of Jan for my fiber line. Hardly any communications from Mweb, Cant get hold of them and forced to leave a a number . Every time I call...famous words is " I understand your frustration" They promise to give feedback and call me the next day to ask me exactly what I told them the day before.

Installation and operation of fibre was supposed to be done within 14 working days.

The above mentioned ref number has been moved to previous queries and is no longer regarded as an active one on the customer portal. I NOT able to add comments all of the sudden as of today. I suspect that the functionality has been disabled due to my daily interaction with the "active queries".

Appreciate the assistance in resolving the matter as working from home becomes a nightmare without the proper infrastructure/connection.

Regards

Mweb Fibre Installation

MWEB.co.zaFibre

I have been trying to get a hold of someone in Mweb to cancel my order for fibre. The call centre cant help me, they say I have to log in. I have done so, but it is not allowing me to send in a query through their system. Please do not deliver, and please do not charge me.

I ordered on the 21st of January 2021, and I would like to cancel before they install.

MWEB.co.zaThe AVG Internet Security.

I tried for several months to find an email-address, but I couldn't. Therefore I decided to complete the "file a complaint" on Mweb Complaints. When I downloads the AVG Internet Security (from Mweb's webpage) I, m told that I have only the "trial" and that it
      expires in 23 days. When I enter the activation code, they says it is wrong. In other words: I don't have an activation code and I, m paying for it!

MWEB.co.zaproduct never connected

On 9 December my MWeb was, supposedly, connected. Today, 20 January, it has still not been connected, although I have been billed monthly for service. Efforts to get help telephonically are a joke, the phone has rung for 45 minutes unanswered. Complaints via email are never acknowledged. I legally have a 3 month "cooling off" period and am considering using this.

MWEB.co.zaFibre line

Vir Aandag

Ek sukkel al van Junie 2020 met my fibre lyn. Op 2021-01-14 het die wifi afgegaan 3 keer. Ek het 08:00 geskakel en met Michael gepraat hy dit aangesit 12:00 het dit weer afgegaan het toe met Laura McKenzie gepraat sy het dit weer aangesit, om 17:45 het ek weer geskakel en met Mpolela gepraat en sy het gese ons moet die broadband konneksie toets om te kyk of daar n fout op die lyn is en of die router foutief is.
          Ek will weet wat is die volgende stap, want ek kan nie so aangaan met sulke diens nie.
          Hoor graag van U.

Groete Gilbert
          [protected]

MWEB.co.zaLTE

We are trying to contact Mweb vut cannot get through because they send an OTP to cell phone but want to change the cell phone number. Get blocked because cannot speak to anyone because they are sending OTP to old cell phone number. I want to change the cell phone number with no success. My account number is 982996. I really need to contact them urgently but with no success.

MWEBFibre offering

Service provider with no respect for its customers. I have been waiting since the 2nd of December for my fibre line. No or bad communications, no skilled staff on their call desk. Can never get hold of them. I would like to report this to the Consumer council. I applied for a fibre line on the 2nd of December still waiting every time I call I speak to someone who has no idea what they doing and call me the next day to ask me exactly what I told them the day before. I would like all recording as per conversations for communication.

MWEB.co.zafibre

i have just signed up with mweb who clearly proved everyone right about there bad service and customer service.

i have called mweb 8times and spend 200 rand just too be hunged up and failed call back

i have given my information as follows

i have moved recently to mweb and took my hauwei Mitchell Plain fibre box with me.. i have received my activation notification from mweb 10 minutes after signing up and wifi information but i was not given a modem i need this too work for work. agent told me she will send information to vumatel and it will take 24 to 48 hours for there response to mweb and will rely back too me

a normal agent should not have done that, a normal agent would send a new box as per contractual agreement

very appalling service .

good thing about it, i have paid for the service already

MWEB.co.zaLTE TELKOM SIM only R199

After taking up the TELKOM 30GB daytime/30GB nighttime data, last month i logged a query asking for a report on my data usage because I did not use 30GB, and as per my Telkom portal, the contract is for 20GB (please see screen shots as well)

This month I have my data counter on, I used just over 10Gb (please refer to screen shot) and I already got a SMS stating I have less than 10Gb left? Which means I was allocated a total of 20GB. This is daylight robbery. Even my night surfer data started at 20GB ? Please explain.

I need to have my account credited for 20GB usage have instead of 30GB. I need to see a report with how I used 30GB last month as requested, because a consultant from Mweb confirmed I used 25gb which makes no sense if my contract is for 20GB. Or I need a hell of a good explanation of how my router is not counting the correct data. Telkom's portal confirms the contract is for 20GB.

Account number is [protected]

MWEB.co.zaPoor customer service

Good day,

My Mweb account number is: [protected]

I have called Mweb thrice about this and 3 working weeks later have not received any feedback.

I called MWEB 27 November about a break in my fibre line that needed repair, I work from home.

Two technicians were sent to my home from VUMATEL to check and locate break.

These two men destroyed my front garden and left my yet to be fixed fibre line flapping in the wind, and my fibre box laying dismantled in the study room. I had to tie the broken line to a burglar bar to stop flapping in the wind in front of my front door

The following day I called MWEB to follow up on this as this was logged with them and there is a record of who was assigned to my ticket I logged online.

I could not get hold of Vumatel about this issue, as this was done with MWEB, so I explained what had happened on the first call and asked to make a complaint and was told that the call is recorded so the complaint will be logged.

A few working days later I made another call to follow up as I did not get feedback on the issue and complaints made on the recorded calls about what had happened, and no quote for a the fibre line to be installed.

On the third call I made a few working days after call#2 was made, I needed to re-explain the issue, which was very unprofessional, and I offered to send in images of the damages as proof.

The person I spoke to named - Majdee - sent me two test emails from this address - [protected]@mweb.co.za - which I sent the images of the damage to.

The timestamp shows I sent this email - 03.12.2020 and have still not gotten any feedback on this since.

I then spoke to someone called - Ahmad Hansia from -Britelink at the email address - [protected]@britelink.co.za - and forwarded him the thread I sent to Majdee from Mweb, which included the images and timestamps.

This has been a terrible experience with Mweb and I would like everyone to know about this.

I have also left a complaint about VUMATEL on Hellopeter and will probably do the same about Mweb if this gets ignored also.

I spent alot of money making Mweb my ISP as they were a household name regardless of other ISPs having better offers, but this customer service is pathetic and I cannot ignore this.

I do thank you for taking the time to read this and look forward to a response.

MWEB.co.zafibre upgrade -misconception- Apalling/misleading service

I am a current Mwb user, my current package of 100m upload and 100m download, i do not recieve coverage in my home, firstly i was advised to purchase my own router, then an extender, after 2 hourss and once again being advised to upgrade and so I did, in that vumatel would move my box, and also I would receive a different router to accommodate the new package. Today my internet is down, I am informed that I will not be receiving my router as I am a current mweb user, that package is only for non mweb users. after 5 calls yesterday and 3 calls today, being put through to every department, I still don't have internet due to vumatel upgrading my package, the call gets put down when I enquire on the service.
                      when upgrading I was informed that vumatel will contact me and advise of the modem and also the range, after clicking on the upgrade, I now am informed there is nothing they can do as I am a mweb subscriber and therefore I do not qualify, however I still do not have any information from Mweb/Vumatel as to why I do not qualify? Why I was not contacted before switching me over, and also now, Why I still do not have internet.

I am appalled at the poor service, I have been with Mweb for more than 10 years, and cannot believe they treat a valued customer in this regard.

MWEB.co.zaCustomer service

My mail server locks out because MWEB decide to lock all persons out who still have the old seven digit password, no warning, no email.

Then you call customer service and wait for like over 20 minutes to be helped, MWEB does not offer a call / toll free number so calling from a cell phone can get expensive.
                        One would think in 2020 Mweb would have a data number so that persons calling can use their home wifi.
                        Once the operator comes on line, she does not offer to call you back, all call costs are for the client.
                        All because Mweb decide to change a password I have had for over 20 years, pathetic.
                        Its time to look for another service provider.

MWEB.co.zaInstallation of fibre

Account number [protected]

Can a functional person call me at [protected] URGENTLY, Ive had 3 technicians at my home an today I have given the full story to 4 different agents all of whom said I must hold on and xfered me in line.

Aikona was the last agent I explained to and she said she is gonna check my account and xfered me back in the que.

Mweb have shown me that you are not contactable unless you have a technical problem that team seems to respond very quickly, but your sales team is not doing their work, and please should anyone be nice enough to call me do not bring up terms and conditions now, up well past that stage

I eagerly wait for a call.

Kashiefa Price

MWEB.co.zaMoving fiber

I have never come a cross a company so useless and difficult to get hold of but suppose they are going the same way as all south African government run departments they just do not care. Moved house and applied to move our fiber over 2 weeks ago but nothing has happened. When you try to get hold of them it is impossible. Would be nice if someone from mwed would do there jobs.

MWEBData has non existent connection...

Since mid october 2020, emails dont send or arrive cel phone
                              Shows them but I wait sometimes 4hrs before it comes to laptop using the modem. Telkom is government owned & part of the problem; they keep charging customers who cant drop their contract unless they pay to cancel their contract.. We continue to pay and telkom/mweb doesnt give service. Stay away from both of these companies.

MWEB.co.zalte new sim

From: Oliver Marais
                                Sent: Monday, 19 October 2020 15:08
                                To: MWEB Password Team ; [protected]@mweb.com ; MWEB Technical Support
                                Subject: Re: Ticket MWB15838978 - Re: Documentation requested

You know what. Your service sucks!!! How difficult can it be to amend the cell number and delivery address. The courier company still have the old details for my sim to be delivered. I have sent several emails, made several calls for this to be done... But nothing. Was promised call backs but nothing. Please provide me with an escalation email address. I need my sim card asap as I am working from home. If i'm not getting positive feedback today I will complain about this poor service on external websites.

Regards
                                Oliver Marais

MWEB.co.zaFibre - move to another address

We moved. I sent an email to [protected]@mweb.com.
                                  2 days later no response. I call their call center and they still haven't corrected my mobile number to the correct mobile number. Meaning I cannot get a sms with a Pincode.
                                  Very frustrating - calling customer care - holding on line for over 30 minutes no answer.
                                  087 no and 021 no's called.
                                  My Acc # - [protected]

Oct 12, 2020

MWEB.co.za — No internet!!!

There was an outage with mweb in our area friday the 2nd of october in linmeyer. We still had to internet...

Oct 08, 2020

MWEB.co.za — Fibre installation / call centre customer service

On the 2nd of June 2020 I ordered the Mitchells Fibre and paid the R399 I received a voucher number as I wa...

Oct 04, 2020

MWEB.co.za — Fibre

Good day Octotel installed the 1st of October and Mweb had the router delivered on the 2nd of October which...