FriendswoodI resigned due to the excessive hours, no compensation and the harassment

W

Be Aware, of How this Employor took Advantage of a Salaried Employee and Allowed Harassment and Hostility within his Facility

I went to work as an hourly employee, for Friendship Haven in Friendswood, Texas because the Administrator, John Ballard was in desperate need of someone to clean-up and organize his Human Resources Department. Over the past several years, that office had become a disaster, but I new the situation, but I took the position/challenge of turning the Human Resources, Accounts Payable and Payroll department around. It took 6 months of working not only 8 hours a day, but 4 or 5 hours after work and the weekends to have a nice organized workable office. If fact there were times when I was so frustrated from working late and not being able to spend time with my family, I cried. But I did not give up, It was in April, that I finally saw a light at the end of my tunnel and I had reached my goal of having an organized office. But, still working on the past issues in my spare time, I went forward and stated to have normal hours in which my family and I could live with. Then in May, John Ballard threatened all the hourly employees with write-ups/terminatins for having to much overtime. So, on June 1st, 2012, I went salary knowing, with all my deadlines I had to meet with Payroll and Accounts Payable, I would have to much overtime. I di not want to be written up or be terminated. So everything was ok until the New Management Company, HMG or Health Mark Group took over and I was told by John Ballard that I not only had to do Human Resources, Accounts Payable and Payroll, but that I now had to be the afternoon Receptionist from 1:00 pm to 5:00pm, Monday thru Friday, taking away 20 hours of my work week to do the Receptionist duties and now about 12 – 15 hours to do the other 3 jobs, along with our morning meetings 3 days a week, lunch duty and hall rounds. I had become ver frustrated, because now my organized office was having issues. I could not keep up unless I worked late again and the weekends. I spoke to John Ballard on several occasions, to fix the situation, but he said his hands were tied. So, I reached out to Bobbi Cloyd (DON), but received no help or understanding, in fact I was told, “Just get it done”, by John Ballard. So, I worked all day, afterwork and the weekends for 4 months with no compensation what so ever. It started to effect my sleep and disposition. I became ill, with ache joints, headache, vomiting, low grade fever, along with feeling overwhelmed, moody, irritable, frustrated and depressed. So I seeked medical attention, and the conclusion was that I was highly stressed, with mental exertion and fatigue and was given 3 days off per doctors orders. I returned a day early due to my payroll deadline. Things continued to get worse, not only at work, but at home as well. On August 15, 2012, I was call a [censored]n B****, by the Business Office Manager, Michelle Heitman because I needed to do payroll, and she thought I needed to answer the phones. If you had to pick between doing payroll and answering the phones, by importance, which one would you choose ? (No, Brainer, Right) So, I reported her behavior to John Ballard, the Administrator, in which did nothing. She was not given any disciplinary action what so ever. So, from that day forward it created an intimidating and hostile work environment that would be considered harassment. I resigned due to the excessive hours, no compensation and the harassment, while I was at work.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices