Eichenbaum & Stylianou LLCQuick Scammers

I have read a lot of complaints against this attorney's office and agree with each and every statement. It seems that some people let this attorney's group bully them and I wanted to address something’s that I found out during my case with them. It's going to be all about what they do...

A brief history of how I came to deal with Eichenbaum & Stylianou LLC. I had a 20 years old family pet cat that was taken to a Veterinary Hospital because she became ill. The Vet wanted to charge me over $3000.00 for the visit (which included 2 pints of blood because she lost some blood), I explained to the doctor that I could not afford that due to working only part-time. The doctor stated to me and my friend "If you can afford to pay the bill in full at the time of service, then we will take full ownership of your pet and due to her age she most likely will be put down", hearing that from a doctor who is "suppose" to love animals. So she forced me to sign up for Care Credit Card (THE WORST CREDIT CARD TO HAVE!). Once I was approved, (the doctor wouldn't provide me with any invoices until I was approved) the animal hospital max out the card and $74.00 extra I had to pay out of pocket, so my total was $574.00.

After receiving my cat back and noticing that the animal hospital did nothing that they stated on the bill, I called GE Capital Retail Bank (aka Care Credit) and wanted to make a complaint, their representative completely ignored my concern and tried to offer card security. When she finally realizes that I was not interested (after declining twice than yelling at her for the third time) she transferred me to the dispute department and than disconnected me. It was until October that GE Retail Capital Bank wanted to take interest in my dispute. So I followed their directions I had my paper work faxed and my statements and evidence mailed on January 4th, 2012.

When I called on January 5th, 2012 to ask GE if New Years Day, New Years Eve and Sundays counted as my 21 day limit to submit my evidence, they said "yup" and when I was explaining it was on it's way before I could even say when I mailed everything, the representative said "We received it", I replied "Really?" and the rep said "Yes and we need nothing further from you", clearly they didn't receive it and the tracking information showed it was still in transit.

Ultimately, GE ruled in the vet's favor still sticking me with the bill. The vet claimed that they do not offer customers to euthanize their pets but the doctor told us at least 7 or 8 times after clearly stating “NO I do not want to euthanize my pet” the first time. They also stated they gave my pet flea medication orally but made they made no mention of this to us at all, among other lies they wrote in to GE. The only way for me to appeal the decision they said was if I supplied more statements (meaning the two statements that were turned in from two people that were present at the time were not good enough but one letter from the vet was).

Fast forward a few months, I lost my job in September due to a wrongful termination. I explained this to GE and offered to make a small payment of $5.00 a month to stay in good standings but GE said that was not good enough and it needed to be the minimum. So I fell behind on my payments with them. As I looked for another job, I became injured from the last job and was diagnosed with nerve damage and brittle bone disease, they put me out of work but I never collected disability.

So this is where Eichenbaum & Stylianou comes in and if ANYBODY is in a lawsuit with them...PAY ATTENTION! This could help you with any motions or even the case!

When I received the notice "You are being Sued!" in the mail, I quickly responded within the 30 days period. I had to send two copies to the attorney's office (one certified and one regular mail) and one to the courts. I then received a card in the mail for the trial date, which was schedule for June 24th, 2013. Come May 17th Eichenbaum & Stylianou LLC requested to have a sixty-day adjournment for incomplete Interrogatories. Now I never received the interrogatories and when I received this letter, I was clueless to what they were referring too but this was an excuse only to allow them time to set fourth a "Motion For Settlement" (this is their tactic to either confuse you or get you to submit and pay the claim). When I received this (and this is where you MUST pay attention!) Eichenbaum and Stylianou LLC sent two pack envelopes for the motion, what they didn't do is certify or return receipt one of them. In their packet they states, "I certify that the forgoing statements made by me are true. I am aware that if any of these statements are willfully false, I am subject to punishment." before that it says "I mailed a copy of this notice of motion to ... by ordinary mail and certified, return receipt requested." These two sentences are key! By neither envelopes being certified or return receipt, this was used to my advantage and I pointed this out to the judge as well as GE's infamous complaints on BBB (Better Business Beau). The Judge granted me a dismissal on the Motion of Summary Judgment saying what I provided to the courts was factual.

That's not where the story ends, because when Eichenbaum & Stylianou LLC caught word that I had the motion dismissed, they sent 2 letters and a "Motion to Strike and Suppress First Answer". This was the greatest part of the whole thing! They first sent a letter to the courts asking for another 60-day adjournment for incomplete Interrogatories, then they sent to me a letter that was mailed out on July 10th, 2013 (Keep this particular one in mind, as I'll explain it in a second) then mailed out a packet on July 11th, 2013. Now, the July 10th letter that I told you to keep in mind, Eichenbaum & Stylianou LLC was trying to pull a fast one not only on me but the courts. The letter itself is dated June 26th, 2012 and it's asking for me to complete their interrogatories within 5 days of the date on the letter, which becomes IMPOSSIBLE because they did not mail the letter until July 10th, 2013, that is 14 days past due! So then upon receiving the July 11th packet, they state to the Judge that they sent me this letter to complete the interrogatories within 5 days on June 26 (meaning they lied to the judge). This time, they certified the packet. Then about a week later they mailed to me the 60-day adjournment letter they sent to the courts. In my response to the Motion, I pointed this out to the judge as well as copied the letter and envelope highlighting the dates. When I sent my letter to Eichenbaum & Stylianou, I pointed it out to them saying they need to change the date to reflect from when they sent it and which I also made the first attempt to ask for their Interrogatories they were claiming I received.

Day of the motion hearing, I had the case dismissed again and the judge stated that anything that I had requested or they had requested (like 60 day adjournments) would be denied as our trial was around the corner. On this day is when Eichenbaum & Stylianou decided to send me the letter they sent to the courts way before the hearing saying that they would not be appearing but the paperwork would speak for itself. So I sent a second request to the attorney's office asking again for their interrogatories along with sending mine since the court house and 2 attorney's said to get my discovery questions out ASAP. So I did and didn't get anything until August 7th, 2013 (which their postmark was August 2nd, 2013). They stated they were providing me with a copy of the interrogatories they mailed on May 15th, 2013 and sending my discovery questions back unanswered as it was past the time allowed by NJ Courts but meanwhile, they claimed in their previous motion "The moving party is not in default with respect to any discovery obligations owed to the delinquent party" translating to they are not "obligated" to answer my questions.

So I only had 3 days to fill their questions out and which I did, then mailed it back to them certified. On the day of the trial, neither Eichenbaum, Stylianou nor Kiritsis (who also seems to like to certify things that aren't true) were there but instead another attorney who didn't belong to any firm. We decided to go to mediation and talk about the case. Overall we came to agreement of $250 from a $654 bill. As paperwork was being filled out, I took the time to question the attorney. Don't get me wrong, she was very nice and polite but did not belong to Eichenbaum & Stylianou LLC. I asked "How come your law firm never sent the letters on time or never sent them at all?" She had a puzzled look on her face so I quickly corrected that and showed her the July 10th letter, she picked it up and looked at and she said "um... Well they are up in North Jersey, if there is a case down here I come to represent them and the plaintiff but I can't tell you what happen and why this was mailed late." that's when the Judge's clerk looked at her like are you purging in court, she then said "Well you do have a lot of envelopes there so how do I know you didn't throw this letter in the envelope and are just saying that?" I quickly responded saying "No, that is the exact envelope it came in" and my witness (who was there at the animal hospital) backed up what I said right after I said it. She then asked "How come you never filled out our interrogatories?" like she was trying to be smart about it, I quickly replied "because you guys never sent them, I sent 2 requests for them and you guys didn't mail them out until August 2nd." She then just nodded her head and wanted to put my witness on the hot seat because she was interested in him (the way she was acting).

So that is the story! I apologize for the length and if you hanged in there until the end, I hope this helps your case. Just remember to do your research on The Fair Debt Collections Act and BBB (Better Business Beau), keep a VERY close eye to what they send you (because remember they HAVE to send one either certified or returned receipt and one regular mail), pay very close attention to the dates on the letters and the dates the envelopes are stamped (this is crucial as my July 10th letter), always send one to them certified for your records, get your discovery questions out to them after you object to the lawsuit, be sure to point these things out to the judge, read everything they send you word for word and if they call you from collections be very short answer as they will use that against you.

Quick Scammers