Dallas Mobile Mechanicsauto repair

C Jun 24, 2019

I have a van that required power steering work and came across this company. In the beginning, and throughout the work, Mr. Willis was responsive.

However, after spending $200, the work is not satisfactory and to make a long story short, Mr. Willis has ignored multiple emails to have shoddy work resolved, using a different mechanic, or to return the $200 spent. In addition, the mechanic left grease all over the interior door, including on fabric, as well as on multiple surfaces of the exterior.

Mr. Will has been sent multiple emails since 6/4 regarding this matter and has chosen not to respond. At this point I will have to take the van to another mechanic to have the work checked and resolved. Not sure if the grease will come out of the fabric. I will be taking additional action against Mr. Willis to ensure others are not negatively impacted by his practices.

Be warned regarding this company and it's proprietor. The work is shoddy and the warranty is useless.

Email thread below

"Al,

Your continued failure to respond forces me to do the follow, starting Monday, 6/24:
a) post public notice on Craigslist of your failure to perform
b) file complaint with BBB
c) post notice on public fraud forums

Should you still not respond I will be forced to file civil suit in small claims court for $200, with subsequent lien on any assets possible.

Regards,

Chris Carruth

On Wednesday, June 12, 2019, 05:59:41 PM CDT, Chris Carruth wrote:

Al,

I had really hoped you would respond. However it appears you are choosing not to and simply expect me to pay again for repairs your mechanic did improperly. That's disappointing.

I will give you another 48 hours to respond with agreement to one of two options:
a) send another mechanic, other than who worked on it, to go back in and fix the issues
b) Refund the $200 paid so I can pay someone else to redo the work

Should you not respond I shall not have any choice but to pursue other options, of my choosing, in order to be made whole. Such actions shall commence on 6/14 at 6 pm cst. You will not be provided any other warning or advance notice of said actions.

Regards,

Chris Carruth

On Tuesday, June 4, 2019, 5:37:18 PM CDT, Chris Carruth wrote:

Al,

I hate writing this to you but want to have a written record. Glad to discuss.

As you know this work was completed yesterday on the van. Three issues and a comment:

1) the tech left a greasy mess everywhere...pics of some, not all, below. The door has grease on fabric, not vinyl or leather so I hope it comes off. For this reason alone I would not have him back. not acceptable.

2) the power steering intermittently sounds like I need to take it to a mechanic; sharp turns can sound awful, and there is a rubbing sound also. not acceptable.

3) the heat gauge spikes between being hot and being where it should be. a new thermostat was installed by the tech. cause unknown but this was a preventative measure to prevent what is happening now. not acceptable.

Now I have other work to be done on the Lexus but honestly do not trust the work this tech does, at all. And worse I don't know how much of what done is ok versus not, but the sounds and the temperature gauge says its jacked up. Not to mention the grease being everywhere. It's awful.

So my proposal is for you to have ANOTHER tech come out and tear into everything he did and fix the issues which came up after the work was done. That's the cleanest most honorable way to try to resolve.

Otherwise there is no trust and certainly no further business. If I have to pay another shop to do this obviously I will need to consider how to be made whole.

Chris"