Menu
Calypso Cruises
reviews & complaints

Calypso Cruises
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

1 complaint
0 resolved 1 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Calypso Cruises. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
L
8:25 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Replied
Calypso Cruises has left an official reply on this complaint.

Calypso Cruises - Unwilling to pay for damage

I was taking a trip on Oct 30th and was picked up from Double Tree by Hilton Cariari to go to the Isla Tortuga. On the cruise ship, we were promised that the banana boat ride would be really calm so that people could take pictures. So I brought my phone and my camera with me. It was a total lie. It was a really aggressive ride. I was able to hold on to my electronic devices until the end where the front boat made such a quick turn that flipped the whole boat over. So my camera and phone are not working anymore. I discussed the concern with the company that the trip cost me almost $2000 because of the tour guide's wrong information but they didn't have a courtesy to reply back. I'm so upset with this company!

Read full review of Calypso Cruises
Update by Luvis
Nov 04, 2016 6:29 pm EDT

I totally agree if the tour guide warned that. That's why I didn't take my stuffs with me for the snorkeling. However, I confirm one more time that the tour guide said the banana boat wouldn't be fast, so "people can take pictures". I never rode a banana boat before, how should I know if it's fast or not. So I just went with the words. Furthermore, I was the last one to get on that boat because I was struggling with the jacket since I had the camera with me. He saw that I got my camera with me too. So he still had 1 last chance to warn me but he didn't. This is where I got upset.

Hide full review