Paddock Construction IncIRRESPONSIBLE/UNRESPONSIBLE FLOORING CONTRACTOR

A

n April 2008 I closed on my townhouse. The floor contractor, Dave Paddock of Paddock Construction, did not complete the work at that time claiming he did not have the needed panels. He returned approximately a month later to install remaining flooring claiming he would return in 3 months to complete the work once the floors had darkened. Shortly thereafter he filed a lien against my property for monies the builder supposedly never paid him (the builder later declared bankruptcy). Dave was emphatic that he would call me to complete the work once he received payment. I found out in February 2009 that in December 2008 Dave had been paid just shy of $13k by my title insurance company and yet he never called to arrange completion of my floors. I called him. Given delays and last minute cancellations Dave finally arrived 5/26/09 to work on my floors. Instead of completing the work and making the necessary repairs (majority of nails were coming out of molding or molding had never been nailed in, numerous issues w/ ill-fitted corners and panels, panels that were chipped because they were not installed flat, etc), Dave wasted hours trying to cover up the damage on the panels needing replacement. By the evening his employee, now having spent extensive more time covering up a damaged panel, said it would take another 2 hours to replace the panel. I called Dave who assured me he would stand behind his work and would come back to replace the panel if I was dissatisfied. When pressured to specify a time frame for his guarantee he stated 6 months. About 1-2 months later I called him and he requested I fax him a final list of needed work. I finally faxed him said list on 8/12/09. Several weeks went by and I did not hear from him. I began leaving him voice messages w/ several contact phone numbers where I could be reached. After no response I called him on someone else's phone and he answered. Upon hearing it was me he said "Don't call me anymore" and hung up. I am appalled that someone would act in such an unprofessional and irresponsible manner. He never responded to my BBB complaint.