Moving and Storage in Wasghington DC LocalRIP OFF (time)

C

I was looking for a local Washington, D.C. moving company, in order to save money on Time for moving and delivery and di-embarqment of the boxes and furniture.
I found this company who are very eager in reponse, promt, but somewhat hard to communicate on the phone - beacuse also they have the Prestigious name of Georgetown -- they are a moving company from Virginia, but with attitude . I notice it from the beginning but because I was in a rush and they were very fast in reposne and gave to me a good rate for delivery and moving pronto fora good price.
I packed and arranged moving and supplies all by myself, worked on it for about 3-4 days straight in order to save on money in this economy.
I used to live in a .. somewhat not very nice place--dangerous and rough with rouoches and mouses, and rough people inside. YEs we had a good house and nice people too. Anyway it was a NOrth East territory close to Trinidad city in NE DC.(war zone). And my company Georgetown Movers, - moved boxes and furniture very fast in order to get out from there asap. I dont blame them.
I was very happy because I was going on schedule with time and just as promised. I thought that I dfound a good company at last locally to make business of moving with.
But when we arrived at my new place --in NW DC, and a very beautiful place - with parket floors and big windows and all like in museum,
-things changed.

The movers slowed down.
Only one was working inside -- and I dont know why he was wanting to help to me to unpack but he "hit" on me,
and I felt uncomfortable.
Two guys were slow because they were hanging out on the street in upscale downtown with beautiful people and clubs and restaurants all aro9und.
they were very slow after they arrived to a new beautiful place. and instead of the promised time it was 3 hours more. Plus this guy from argentina hit on me and I really wanted them to finally finish.

I ws tired and exhausted and finally they left.
I gave them a goof tip to just to get out please.
but I am very upset about how all changed when I arrived in a new place, and they entrtained themselves with consierge and with people on the street on my expense and then asked for my personal telephone and became unprofessional.

I will not use them again unless I will be getting a place in North East DC because they cannot flirt there on the street -- and not waste my time on my expense.
But I dont think I ever call them.

RIP OFF company.
They started fast but finished slowly -- also place where I was was better equipped for moving and much nicer and easier.

• Cl
    CLAIRE ANDERSON May 02, 2010

It was Georgetown moving company from Arlington Va, the moving was
    in the end of February somewhere 2-27.2010.