Jon Billups and Ed WhittenExtremely Poor Quality Work

S

Contracted to do stair case replacement. They asked for 50% up front even though I paid for all materials. Written proposal to complete in 3-4 days, it ended up taking 6. Asked for "an advance" (more money) to "repair tools needed to complete job" and again to pay workers at another job.

Posts and rails were not sanded down prior to applying stain.
Stain that was applied had extreme flaws... drips and runs visible from 15' away.
Ballasters were not evenly spaced or straight. SERIOUS VISIBLE MISTAKES
Rail ended 2 inches lower at top of stairs than at bottom!
GLUED ballister caps to rail (vs using hex key to tighten)

When I called them on the shotty work they were "appauled at my acqusations".
I paid them in full (after all I was about 80% into them already).
I told them to get thier tools and get out.

The next day my stereo and speakers were missing. I'm suspect they helped themselves to them when clearing out their tools.

I then hired antoher carpenter to repair the mistakes and stain. It took him 3 days and cost me as much as I paid Jon and Ed to install in the 1st place.

Wow... a couple of foul smelling, swindling jokers posing as professionals. Watch Out!