Fotokem Mid Valley MegamallInconsistent information provided by staff

M

I first went to Fotokem Mid Valley to inquire about a Lumix camera. I was told by a female store assistant that the camera was not available in the store but they could put an order through if I was interested. (She even produced a catalogue to confirm the camera model I wanted.) I told her I was but I would come back as I did not have enough cash on me at the time to put down a deposit. The following week, I went back to the store and was served by a different female store assistant. This store assistant told me after many times of questioning me repeatedly on the camera model's code, that there was no such camera in existence. After much persistence on my end only did she come back to say that while the camera does exist, their store did not carry stock. I asked when the next stock shipment would be coming in and her response was "we'll never know." To add insult to injury, she said that Fotokem does no such thing of ordering cameras in based on customer request. Needless to say, I was enraged and even though the store manager was kindly enough to rectify the matter afterwards, the point of my complaint is this: PLEASE MAKE SURE THERE IS A CONSISTENCY AMONGST YOUR STAFF WHEN THEY DISSEMINATE INFORMATION TO CUSTOMERS. Most of all, don't make promises you can't deliver.