Untold Legends / Unhealthy puppy

1 United States

I purchased a pup from KayeWhitley in April of 2014. In December of 2014 he was diagnosed with hip dysplasia as well as a Luxating Patella in both legs. He will begin surgery on Feb 2nd for the left leg, a plate and three screws, three months down the road he will have he right leg done and six months later will have both hips replaced. My husband and I purchased him after loosing our Male Shar Pei (full size) at the age of 7 due to a stroke. We are ready to retire and leave Alaska but have put it on hold until we get our traveling buddy well enough. We purchased our first Shar Pei in 1978 from Hong Kong and have bred these great dogs ourselves in the past. Never had any qualms about giving out any information I could to perspective parents to these animals. I have not contacted Kaye about our Samson because I just don't feel anything will come of it. But I will contact the Texas Board as well as the American Kennel Club which I have served on the board of directors in the past. Something must be done.

Ho