Five Star Emergency PhysiciansImproper Care

1 Review updated:

Patient, Peter Montrastelle, went to Ohio County Hospital December 26, 2014 for emergency care (nosebleed for approximately 4 hours). The care given by the doctor on call that night was less than professional. The treatment given by the doctor was a couple shots of Neosenephrine up each nostril. After approximately 30 minutes, doctor came into room asking said patient if he felt this treatment was sufficient or if patient felt he would prefer to have balloon inserted up nose. During the 1 1/2 hour emergency stay, the doctor approached the patient a couple times asking which treatment he preferred. The doctor never made the call as to what he felt would be the best treatment. When the doctor left the room, we asked the nurse if he was competent. She stated he is very laid back. That is not a satisfactory response when the patient is left to make a decision based on no information given by the doctor. Basically the nurse handled the care of patient, with little input from the doctor. We feel that the charges are exorbitant for the lack of care given by the physician. Account # OHI7597339, billing amount due from patient is $218.99.

Pe
Jan 29, 2015

Comments

• Re
      Jan 29, 2015

Oh grow up! In September I was sick enough to call an ambulance and when I got to the emergency room, I laid there for more than 2 1/2 hours before a doctor even deemed it important enough to step into the ER. At that time he decided I should be admitted and two days later after many tests, I ended up having surgery.