Canada - L5S 1P7
Affairs Rentals: STAY AWAY!!!
I would like to throw this complaint out into the virtual world in hopes that those of you who read it will be able to avoid dealing with this company. This summer my wife and I got married in our backyard and arranged to have Affair Rentals set up our tables, chairs and tent. We found their services through the referral of our caterer (who has used them for years and trusts them) however we had no end of problems with them and found them to be very unprofessional in everything that they did. Here's a quick sample of some of the difficulties that we faced:
1. Tent was set up in the wrong spot
2. Rain gutter on tent was set up wrong and water was dripping into the tent.
3. Various materials were "forgotten" including the proper amount of lights and the side walls.
4. While waiting for the forgotten items the installers decided it would be a good idea to crash in the backyard and eat lunch and have some smokes, leaving their cigarette buts and garbage behind for us to clean up.
5. During take down Installers damaged the some of the gardens (tramples flowers, broken solar lights etc. in our backyard and left broken lightbulbs and garbage on our patio
6. In response to the numerous forgotten items we were told that the items would be re-delivered, however the installers never showed up. This happened three separate times and when we called we were told that they weren't coming because we "weren't on the list" and that they would come the next day. We had three separate "guarantees" of arrival times and each time no-one showed up. (this happened up until the day before our wedding)
6. On the first business day after the wedding we called to see when the installers would be coming for take down. The response from the receptionist was "sometime today" We left our house for 1.5 hours to do some shopping, during which time the installers came to take down the tent, but because we were not home and there was a motorcycle in the driveway they left without performing the take down. When we arrived home we found a very nasty and unprofessional phone message from the receptionist about why we weren't waiting at home for the installers and that they would come back "when it was convenient for them".
Finally, the most frustrating part in dealing with this company was when all of this was said and done I spoke with the manager trying to explain our frustration with what had happened. He told me that he needed to look into it on his end and that he would contact me once he had a better understanding of the situation. I waited for his call for three weeks and finally called him at which time he needed me to "remind him" of who I was and what had happened. I did my best to speak to him in a professional manner and his only response was that he didn't think anything was done wrong on their part. No compensation was offered the tremendous stress and inconvenience that his companies actions had caused and the best he could say was "I think you've said your piece." The fact that the so-called manager of this company didn't care enough even to call me back says a lot about how they feel about their customers.
I strongly recommend that anyone looking to rent a tent or tables or ANYTHING for any type of gathering stay away from this company. They are very disorganized, unprofessional and in the end they don't give a crap about what you're trying to plan. They just want to get paid...and cashing our cheque was pretty much the only thing this company did on time!