FAT VillageScam

F

Over the last month I have been looking for space to put my studio and gallery... I drove by this warehouse district in Ft. Lauderdale called FAT Village, which apparently stands for Flagler Arts and Technology Village. After calling the number on the sign I spoke with the landlord Doug McCraw and saw one of the smaller spaces. It was an empty, non air conditioned, cinder block wall warehouse... he kept telling me all the great things they are planning but at the end of the day none of it was actually happening according to the city... no 1500 warehouse is worth $3800. What a joke.

After talking with a few of the current tenants in the neighborhood, it was apparent that everyone was moving out ASAP. OH and he wanted me to sign an "AS IS" lease... and proceeded to tell me if anything went wrong... even a week after I leased, that I would be responsible for it. Including water leaks, doors, structural defects etc... Avoid this place, He'll tell you anything you want to hear to get you in the door, then your stuck... I was lucky enough to do my research.