Lightintheboxdo not use this company!

I

BEWARE!

I bought some nba jerseys from lightinthebox.com(they have another site called Sellerkey.com), thinking they might be ligit because of the pictures. when i recieved them after a month i was very dissapointed. they dont look anyhting like hte picture. and they wont give me a refund but a coupon instead. thats ridiculous cuz im never using this site again.

The jerseys was sposed to be a swingman which means it should be stitched. the numbers looked like they were spray painted on the jersey. and there is no tags. its all mugged.

These guys just stick in nice pictures, bottom prices, once you pay, that`s it, you are ###ed, it is just a BIG BIG RIPOFF.

RESOLVED

• Updated by Roni Burg · Mar 04, 2018

hello my name is burg Ron
    at 15-02-18 I have made an order of 3 item's
    the papal detail is 3NF70802DY8053026

at 02-03-18 you have sent me a refund massage for the sum of 58.11 ills

I wood like to know why which item you did not have
    thanks Ron

my mail : [email protected]

• Updated by Deem Alagla · Jun 04, 2018

I have made order number [protected] but could not complete order . It shows that email address is not confirmed although my account is through the same email which is [email protected]
    please check and email me what to do to complete my order. Your contact number [protected] is not responding

• Updated by Peter Swain · Jul 27, 2018

I still have not received the goods as ordered.

• Updated by Peter Swain · Jul 30, 2018

I still have not received the goods ordered

Order #[protected] not received

• Updated by Eleanor Ashton · Aug 17, 2018

Still no order and no replies

Where is #[protected] please

• Updated by Waqarahamed · Sep 26, 2019

Our order not recived already paid

• Da
    david Oct 17, 2008

I was ripped off by another web site of Lightinthebox---Sellersky.com so I am very concerned about web sites like "Light in the Box". I would not like to see others been ripped off by this kind of web sites.

I would tell everyone be aware of this kind of web sites such as "lightinthebox":

1) They claim serving the whole sell market but the prices are ALL retail. How do you make money with such high price?

2) They cannot guarantee the quality of the price because they are middle man in the purchase process.

3) They cannot guarantee the shipping days. How can you rely on them to run your business?

4) Bad, bad, bad customer support!

5) The problem is there but they have not changed much.

<b>Conclusion:</b>
    Forget about "lightinthebox": there is no light at the end of tunnel! It's really a rip off for customers around the world. Go to better sites who are indeed business friendly.

• Da
    david Oct 17, 2008

I have seen a lot of bad comments about this web site. For people considering buy from them please also see review from another web site:

Santiago Oct 17, 2008

Do not use this company. I ordered a wii console. It came and wouldn't work. I've been a week now trying to get some sort of replacement or repair but nobody can be bothered to talk to me or whoever does talk to me says not to worry, someone will get back to me. Its disgraceful

sedalero Oct 19, 2008

I bought two phones from them and when I got them and one wasn't working. After two weeks the speaker of the other went and no one in customer care was able to help with the problems I had. Before they can do anything they ask you to report your problem, then they respond with a stupid email and after that there is no response and you cannot get help from anyone. They avoid you. Smart aren't they.

sedalero Oct 19, 2008

It's funny. You all are saying that light in the box tells you not to worry. They told me the same thing! It must be the companies slogan. Don't worry if you don't have a dress ready for your wedding. "So don't worry. Just Waiting for it in patience." I've been trying to get ahold of them for a week to fix the error they made in a dress size for my wedding. I'm very disappointed with this company. They don't answer the phone, email, or the ticket center they claim will get back to you in 24hrs. Buyers beware.

nobody Oct 20, 2008

I ordered 200 earbuds from this site for a business need. I was told I would have my product in 5-7days. We are on day 5 now and they have not even shipped. You cannot get through to speak to anyone. I have been trying for 3 days to speak to someone to confirm what courier they will use and the "US number" provided is a cell phone of someone located in San Francisco. The phone usually goes straigh to voicemail or is not answered when it is on. The voicemail is always full. "William" on the web chat told me the cell phone was dead so to try again later. They will not give me a China number. They said the delay was they had to check the products to make sure they were good before sending them or if I wanted them quicker they would just send me "unchecked" products and I would risk them not working. When you finally get through on the click to chat they tell you not to worry. Sounds familiar. "William" must have got tired of me because he sent a message saying he had a phone call and had to transfer my chat session. It has been an hour and no one has picked up the session. Funny that he is taking a phone call when I can't seem to even get a number to the China office.

• Sh
    shak Nov 07, 2008

I have also bought a phone, which never worked and got rippedoff $200 from this so call lightinthebox.com, they are thief and shouldn't be allowed to be in business. I have sent them a note that I would like my $$$ back, however, they have never responded back and a local numbe they shows at [protected] is always full and would not accept any messages. I suggestion "NEVER BUY FROM CHINA"

• Bb
    bb1 Dec 26, 2008

Chinese JUNK! Don't care how you look at it. That's MY opinion. Bought an MP3 player for my daughter for Christmas from lightinabox. They said it would take 1-2 days to "process" then I chose standard shipping so that would take 6-8 days. This was fine. It would be here on time. 8 DAYS LATER I got the confirmation E-mail that my order was shipped and would arrive in 10 DAYS. I was expecting, at MOST, for this order to arrive in 10 days after it was ordered. But it took 18. Needless to say MY story is just like all of these other ones. I first called the fake number and got the "Mailbox Full" message. Then I sent a pretty nasty e-mail to them asking them about the changes in shipping time and why it was not put on the site that the mp3 player was being shipped from Shenzhen, CHINA! They know no one would buy the junk then. I got one of those "Don't worry" responses. REALLY nice! Well, it came with an SD card slot that takes a card size that I don't believe exsists, the rechargeable battery goes dead after 1/2 hour, a lot of the wording on the players functions are in CHINESE(which I don't speak), and the only instructions came in Chinese. It came with a disc that is for a different type of device and it even came in a box for an even different device. The mp3 player I got wouldn't even fit in the box they sent it in. I was like, " What kind of junk is this?" DO NOT BUY FROM LIGHTINTHEBOX.COM!!! DO NOT!!!

• Cm
    cmminds Feb 12, 2009

HiPhone Touch-Screen i32

I bought this "HiPhone Touch-Screen i32" phone from LIGHTINTHEBOX.COM and it was not working at all. It was $140.00 and they charged me $30.00 for shipping. Shipping cover says it’s a gift. I tried 100 + times to solve the trouble and they never even returned my emails. They have post their own fake comments about the products.

Lets file a complain about these people and the website. It's worthless just to post comments here. Please email me all your complains to "[email protected]" and please type "LIGHTINTHEBOX.COM" on the subject bar. I will take necessary action and file it.

Thanks

Sean Mar 18, 2009

I ordered 5 jerseys. After a month of waiting, they were sent on Christmas Eve, but I was not home. Instead of leaving them, FedEx sent them back to China. I had been trying to get Lightinthebox to resend it, which they said they would, for almost three months. They keep saying “no problem”. It is impossible to reach them by phone or talk to anybody. They keep sending me emails to be patient because of some Chinese holiday. Meanwhile, I have ordered two lenses from a different company and received them in a week’s time. Whatever you do, don't waste your money. These people are a scam.

• Up
    upset MOM Apr 15, 2009

I have just ordered a dress for my daughters senior pictures, when I first put the order in I made a mistake and ordered two of the same dress I E-mailed them they responded the next day and said they would cancel, but it wasnt clear on if they canceled both or just one so I e-mailed again, they said no worry order canceled still not the answer I needed. I also am unable to get a hold of anyone on the phone its either busy or just rings and rings, they do answer my e-mails but there not clear, now that I have read some of your views im worried that we will not be getting this dress and im running out of time.

• Cj
    C.JOHNSON Apr 22, 2009

I ordered my wedding dress from lightinthebox.com, well i recieved an e-mail stating my ordered had been shipped, so of course I am so excited I went to the site to look at the picture of my dress, well they changed the picture and the dress they have shown now with the same exact inventory number of the dress I ordered looks like crap. I am soooo upset that this company would do this. Had this been the original picture of the dress, I would not have ordered it. I just wish I would have known about this company a lot sooner! By the way, I can never speak to anyone about this issue, they are always so busy...I guess riping off others. Now it all makes sense.

• Bu
    Burned May 29, 2009

This company is horrible!!! No customer service. The phone number that they offer is bogus! No one ever picks up. I ordered 2 netbooks. When they arrived, one of them was incomplete. Only half of the charger came. They said that they would send a new one. I have been asking where it is and no reply. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY!!! Chances are, you will be disappointed.

• Sk
    skins Oct 05, 2009

I agree with you all, and wished I would have seen this site earlier! I ordered my bridesmaid dress for my friends wedding 31/2 weeks ago with the 5-7 day shipping that I paid $35.00 for. The wedding is this Friday and still no dress. UGH!!!

• De
    Denny_ Oct 19, 2009

Dear customer,

On behalf of LightInTheBox.com, we apologize for the unpleasant experiences and the late reply. We are extremely concerned to read your comments. We would like to know more details so we can address this issue promptly.

You can reach me at [email protected] Include your order number and contact info (a reachable phone number is best) and we will assist you very soon.

Thanks and Regards,
    Denny

• Mr
    Mrs Williams Jan 26, 2010

Wow, I'm sorry others had a problem with them.

I did not have a problem with them. I ordered my dress on a Sunday night and within two weeks, the dress was delivered as promised. I live in New Jersey. Although skeptical at first, but once I received my shipping notification, I thought it would take an additional few weeks because of where it was coming from. My notification came on a Saturday and by Wednesday, the dress was on my front porch. Fits perfectly and looks great.

• Br
    Britton Jan 29, 2010

Yeah makes me wonder how I didn't get the shaft from them to, I really went into it blind. Paid 27.99 for a generic portable media player from LinTB. I was more concerned with customs blocking the order and the thought of "hey they ripped me off" never occurred to me. It did take them several days to confirm shipment, but I ordered it exactly on Christmas day.it was finally shipped on the 31st of Dec. of 09'. It arrived exactly 15 days later, via the cheap air mail option. I kept saying "I got screwed" "It's not coming", then on the 15th of Jan 2010 it was in a brown box in my mail box. Had super foreign labels on it, my first time ordering straight from China like that.

I also had my fun with the customer support dept, I got the feeling of a dark basement with some chink girls reading emails from people and giving out useless and repetitive reply's all with the same theme of "'Don't worry about it", hey ### you lady. I worried about it, you just took off with money that took hard work to earn. It usually took about 2 to 3 days for a reply for my request for info tickets to be answered. With no pertinent information with any of them, just the usual spluge of "Were sorry for the inconvenience"

Even went back to the site many times trying to post my own picture of the device (you can see it here: http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i267/brittonb/player.jpg ) may have to copy and paste to the address bar. I was unable to post a picture that would show on the site and my original review of the item was never published. I had to "dumb it down some" for they would post it. I like the cheap prices and I'm glad they didn't slide one in me. On an honest scale of 1 to 10 I gave them an average of 6 for low prices and a (-)9 on the customer service. Based on the other posts about them I'll count my good fortune and be done with them.

• Po
    powermaniac Apr 01, 2010

i be waiting 6 months to return me my money for faulty mobile...teriblel :angry: :angry:

• Be
    beth2384 Apr 03, 2010

I disagree as well. My wedding dress was a custom order. They told me that it would take about two months to receive. I got it within one and I love it. Not only was the dress way less then what I would have paid for here, but the hem and beaded detail were excellent in craftmanship.

• Ev
    Eva HA Aug 22, 2010

Lightinthebox.com is the WORST company I have ever ordered from. The items you receive are absolutely nothing like the pictures. Everything I ordered was of poor quality and looked like they had been sewn together in minutes. It is very horrible. I spent a lot of money and the items took 2 months to reach my home even though they said it would only take a couple of weeks. DO NOT order from this site please. It is a total RIP OFF. DO NOT trust them!

• St
    Steve2009 Nov 14, 2010

I bought a Wii from Lightinthebox only to find out its counterfeit. Ended up being locked due to hacked software as most Chinese companies do. As a Chinese company, you have no recourse and no ability to solve any problems. Best idea, avoid this group at all cost.

• LightInTheBox Nov 16, 2010

Dear Customers,
    We are very concerned to read your comments and would like to extend our sincere apologies for the unpleasant experience. We are taking the necessary steps to improving our customer service and product issues, if you have any problems or complaints I'd like to invite you to write us at [email protected]
    Please accept our sincere apologies and hope that your next shopping experience will be a better one.
    Thank you for your time and understanding.
    Sincerely,
    Luisa
    LightInTheBox.com

lightwiththebox Feb 15, 2011

lightinthebox.com is really good, anfd you can also visit the lightwiththebox.com too.

lightwiththebox Feb 15, 2011

we offer electronic product online

• Lu
    lunasny Mar 01, 2011

i think this company has its good fact and also has it bad fact

• Sd
    sdklsdfsf Mar 01, 2011

Thanks everyone for your review! Thanks god I checked this page before I bought anything from lightinthebox website! This website should be taken down... if they have been ripping people off like that.

• Kt
    kteal Apr 07, 2011

I too am having a terrible experience ith this store. I ordered a dress to wear to my daughter's wedding in June and it did not fit at all when I received it. I contacted them to return it and they are refusing to allow a return or refund. I have sent pictures to them to prove what I say about the dress and they say they never received them. I even offered to accept a full credit or exchange and have the dress made to my measurements but all they offered was a 30% refund after many emails back and forth!
    DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!!!

• Me
    mellisa3229 Apr 24, 2011

DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!! i bought several products and i recieved one from 6! contacted customer service, they said they can't find my order. very bad customer service. i would recommend vastsale.com they sell the same products in a cheaper price, i have bought a spy pen from them and i have received it within the week

• Mi
    mireina87 May 31, 2011

Lightinthebox deleted my review on the dress!!! I reviewed this dress, and it seems they only keep the good reviews on their website. I ordered this dress in a size US 12, and it did not fit properly. It fit my mother which is a size US 8, and it still did not fit her properly. I requested a refund and they told me they would only refund me $30.00 US Dollar when my total with shipping & taxes was about $160.00 US Dollars, and i had to pay my own postage which would come to about $30.00 US Dollars. so i'll pretty much be returning the dress for free, when i mentioned this to them they said to sell it elsewhere =/. I was not satisfied with my order. Dress was extremely small and I was not able to wear my dress to my ocassion and could not alter it because it was very small. Hopefully my review doesn't get deleted again. So guys beware of ordering from lightinthebox, If you are going to order from here do so at your own risk and expect to get $0 refund if your not satisfied with your dress or they made a mistake in the sizing. The only good thing about lightinthebox are the low prices, but how can they be good when the dress doesn't even fit correctly.

• LightInTheBox Jul 13, 2011

Dear Customers,

On behalf of LightInTheBox.com, I would like to apologize for whatever inconvenience you have experienced while shopping with us. We are continuously working on improving our products and service, so we very much value your feedback.

I would like to invite all customers with pending issues to please post your order number in your comments, this way we can investigate your case and contact you directly.

Otherwise, you can always contact our Customer Service team. They will do their best to offer the most suitable solution to your problem. You simply need to log into your LightInTheBox.com account and submit a ticket.

Please follow this link to read more about how to contact Customer Service: http://www.lightinthebox.com/knowledge-base/c5/a2746.html

Our Customer Service team will promptly reply to your inquiry, and should you need more help, you can submit a reply to Customer Service under their answer to the ticket in question. Thank you for your patience.

Regards,

LightInTheBox.com

• Te
    Terramon Jan 25, 2012

I have no problem giving my order number if you think you can help me out with this problem. It's #[protected]. I ordered a dress from lightinthebox.com on January 15th for an event on February 11th. According to processing time (3-6 days) and shipping time (3-5 days), I would have had my dress in plenty of time. However, I found out on Friday that my dress wouldn't ship until the 11th, the day that I need it here. I have been trying to get in touch with someone ever since, but couldn't find an email address or phone number. I am now attempting to cancel my order, which is not a custom made item and has not yet shipped. But, I find out that I stand to receive as much as 50% of my original cost or as little as my shipping cost?! Absolutely not! I was told that the company would deliver a dress within a certain amount of time and obviously that won't be happening. I had to buy another dress, which means that I'm out of twice as much money. I want my order canceled. And I can promise that if I don't receive 100% of my money that I will make it my life's mission to let every person here in America know the horrible, cheating business that lightinthebox.com is. I would really appreciate someone helping me with this problem. I'm obviously very tired and frustrated with this process and, at the moment, highly doubt that I will ever order something from a company, who makes it difficult to even contact them with a problem, again.

• To
    tonywp Jul 26, 2014

I was going to buy a couple of bike frames from this site. Prices were to good to be true and free shipping. So I thought I'd read some reviews not just from this site but from other sites too and boy am I glad I did. I feel bad for those who were ripped off or sent crappy products but I thank them all for posting their experiences for others to read. I now know I will never use lightinthebox to buy anything. I think I'll just pay the extra money here in the states and know that I will receive what I order and if not happy at least I won't have any problems with returns.

• Ba
    Babyyb Dec 23, 2014

I've been buying from lightinthebox for about 3 years now. Never had any issues with them. Always fast shipping, they respond to my emails when I have a problem. Once I was missing an item in my shipment so I let them know, and the next week I had it and a second item if the one I had already gotten. No complaints here. I ordered my wedding dress from here too, it's a bit big but that's my fault. I didn't know my dress size so I guessed. Whoops. I bought a purse from them as well that I use every day and am in love with. It's perfect. Plus they give coupons and % off! Deal! I will keep buying from them no problem. :)

• Ne
    Nell N Dec 23, 2014

I ordered a wrap for my wedding dress on Nov. 19 it is two days before Christmas and I still don't have it. I have no need for the item being that I am already married. It was supposed to have been delivered a few days before I left home to get married and never arrived. I emailed them as I still do not have it. I told them I want a refund as I have no use for item-which by the way was not a special order. It has sizes. They also offered me a a four dollar coupon. Why on earth would I use a coupon from a company that is unreliable and has poor customer service and who do not want to offer a refund. Please do not order from them!!!

• Be
    beth8055 Feb 27, 2016

Boy I guess i'll count myself lucky after reading all these complaints. I ordered 2 handbags from Light in the Box and got them sooner than I thought I would. I got a call from the shipper when it would be delivered so I was here when they arrived, I also had to sign for them. They looked exactly as they did on the site and they are gorgeous. However I don't think i will be ordering anything from them again. WHY PUSH MY LUCK. beth8055

• Go
    Goddess777 Mar 07, 2016

it took two months to receive my order - wrong size was shipped

• Go
    Goddess777 Mar 08, 2016

I ordered dance shoes from Light in the Box in January. They arrived in March and were the wrong the size. Their web site was hard to navigate for returns and I also had to upload a picture (of the wrong shoe size?) in order to request a return. All they did was send me to this site with a ticket number???? DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY!

LightInTheBoxCares Aug 29, 2016

【TO ALL CUSTOMERS】
    Dear Customer, please note that usually customers can submit tickets to Customer Service on the website and will be replied within 24 hours guaranteed. Here is the guide of how to submit ticket. http://www.lightinthebox.com/knowledge-base/c1192/a2974.html

【NOTE】If you don't know how to submit a ticket and want to post a review here, please kindly clarify the problem with the Order Number and details. The supervisor will create a ticket for you within 24 hours as long as we can locate your order.

• Cl
    Clarendon Nov 23, 2016

I am so happy I Googled this company. I placed an order for two packs of hair totaling $250 + and was paying thru penpal when my order couldn't go thru. The following day I tried using my bank card and the cashier says your card declined. I called the bank and was told they locked my account because of a fraud alerts due the address of the company came up suspicious. Now I know why. Thank you all for being so kind to advise other customers.

• Va
    Valerie Baldwin Feb 08, 2017

I paid extra shipping because the stuff I ordered is for a party in April and they say it is coming regular mail and will take another twenty days to arrive. This is not good.