Having problems with OptumRx?

OptumRx Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 788 4863 (Customer Service & Home Delivery)
+1 877 889 5802 (Medicare Prescription Drug Plan Members)
+1 877 889 6358 (Medicare Advantage Prescription Drug Plan Members)
+1 800 711 4555 (Prior Authorization (Physicians)
+1 866 218 5445 (Specialty Pharmacy)
11000 Optum Circle
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Mailing Address
PO Box 509075, San Diego, CA 92150-9075

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with OptumRx Customer Service. Initial OptumRx complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for OptumRx above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about OptumRx. Discuss the issues you have had with OptumRx and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Jan 18, 2021

Optum RX Specialty Pharmacy — Unethical behavior

My doctor as prescribed Otzela medication for my auto immune disease Otzela for my psoriasis. I have been...

OptumRXPharmacy practices

My doctor sent them a script for 90 days which was fully covered and they are telling me now 1 day before my copays begin again...they did not fill the script saying it was an address discrepancy...when the address was checked there was no discrepancy...they just kept onto the script hoping I would not notice until too late so that I would have to pay exorbitant copay prices...I caught them in their web of lies..as for the other script they refuse to let me fill it at the local pharmacy saying that I will have to pay out of pocket for it ...when if filled by them I had no copay...how does a pharmacy that forces you to use them penalize you for their inability to fill scripts??? Now I have no emergency asthma pumps!

OptumRXPrescription/pharmacy coverage

OptumRx has made the decision to eliminate pharmacies from their network. OptumRx, in consultation with GE, have declined to offer the new agreement to several pharmacies that are currently participating in the network. My pharmacy, Graves Drug, Arkansas City, Ks. being one of those being excluded.
    Graves Drug owners have reached out to OptumRx numerous times and they are unresponsive. This will limit our options so we will choose their mail order pharmacy. We are very disappointed by this decision and they have taken away our right to choose one of our hometown owned pharmacies.

Dec 21, 2020

OptumRX — Medication delivery delay

December 21, 2020 Kelly Tucker Consumer Affairs Advocate Optum Consumer Affairs 11000 Optum...

Sep 03, 2020

OptumRX — The pharmacy gods do not care about their members

Aug 7 theses gods denied my prescription for Chantix. Surprised? No. It took me six weeks in 2018 with...

OptumRXFelodipine blood pressure medication

I have had to call Optumrx 5 times in two months. First because they kept sending me Omeprazole and it's not a drug I use very often. After calling them I received another bottle. I now have 3 bottles of omeprazole which will take a year to use. My next problem came when I had to call and ask why they did not send the Felodipine which I take every day. Gave them my card number again. Called again very upset because they still had not sent it and I only had 2 more pills. I was told they would ( expedite) the medicine to me. It has been over a week now, still no medicines. My blood pressure is going to go out the roof. They have failed to write down any of the changes or info I have called about, or else they just say it and then ignore it. Medicine is nothing to be lax about. I am very unhappy with them.

OptumRXRefill and refill of prescription

I have in the last 3 months talked to at least 8 different people at optiumRx about the same thing. Having my perscriptions filled on the 90 day plan. This would give me a 0 dollar copay so they would all be free. They say the doctor is writting the script for x amount of refills but it's only for 30 days not 90 days supply. This is a blatant lie. I watched the staff in my general doc office fax the script to opumRx for 90 day fills. I have talked directly to both the nurse and doc at my specialist office 4 times. I've given both doctor the optiumRx fax number and still I can't get my meds. I did not ask for this. But yet and still. Here we are. And I'm still waiting for blood pressure meds antidepressants water pills. The list goes on yea. optiumRx...

• Pa
            Patty Madigan-Haney Oct 19, 2020

contact CMS (Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services) they over see all medical regulations even if it is not medicare or medicaid. File a complaint with CMS about them. I am about to file one myself against OptumRX.

OptumRXOvercharged

Ive been over charged for my normal 90 day supply of gabapentin. Instead of $15.00 I was overcharged 426.00. This over drew my account by over 300.00 and made other purchases bounce. I was informed by rep they do not refund bounced check fees. I had to hold for supervisor and got that cleared up. Of course I have to fax proof of everything to them. Plus I will have to wait for a check for refund. I am left without any funds until I receive my July ssdi check on the 3rd. I personally will no longer use this service.

Jun 12, 2020

OptumRX — Re: urgent!

On 06/03/2020 I authorized Optum RX do ACH debit my checking account in the amount of $21. What they charged...

OptumRXSigning in to optumrx prescription mail order site

Here in the past 2 years, Optum's site has been "pot-luck" in being able to sign right in. The following is what appears when attempting to sign in:

rba-ose.optum.com server can not be found??????????

If I keep trying the sign in process, I might get lucky and have the site made available. Sometimes, I have had good luck trying the site at 1:00am

Come on people, I am sure my wife and I aren't the only ones having trouble!

Apr 26, 2020

OptumRX — Rejected / denied rx

It has been months trying to redolve this issue. I have asthma, which I had also as a child and it was not...

OptumRXHave not received my prescriptions

I have not received my optim rx prescriptions. They are two months overdue. My doctors have resent my prescriptions and still I haven't received them. Customer service has been no help, rather they have been obstructive (each rep was not coversant with English, did not understand what to do, and it made the contacts difficult and frustrating). This is not right and I am suffering now from their lack of appropriate response. They are surely not customer focussed. Beware consumer.

OptumRXBydureon once weekly injection

I have twice now had my once weekly injection fail on me, I would unlock the injection needle as instructed on the bottom of the pen and immediately the cap would fly off and not allow me to inject the needle into my skin. The top of the pen would lock up and not allow me access to the medication. I have been using this style of pen for over a year.

Bydureon once weekly injection

OptumRXwilling to let you die.

This company is the stupidest group of incompetent prescriptions providers I have ever had to deal with.

My Cardiologist ordered 5 prescriptions on 1/2/20. After I made numerous calls and never speaking with anyone who has "English as a first language" prescriptions arrived an 2/4/20.

Family doctor had to call Walmart pharmacy. I had to pay full price due to "Two Soon" to get my medications. Because OptumRX.com will let you die!!

Family Doctor ordered an additional 5 prescriptions. weeks later after I made multiple calls OptumRx found 3 of the five never filled mind you. My Doctor is now again calling OptumRx.

I would have died if I was not capable to keep calling OptumRx. They need pictures on their keyboards.

Filing complaints with every regulating agency I can. Maybe I can save someone else's life from this treatment.

OptumRXrepatha and cilostazol

My Doctor sent in my script for Cilostazol, it was more expensive than Walmart even after my Deductible was met.

I called about getting my Repatha shot sent to me. I was transferred 5 times and then the girl told me the copay card was not working, she told me I could call back, I hung up.
                    I called Repatha and they called OptumRX and They were transferred all over and then OptumRX hung up on the girl from Repatha. She called and after being transferred again she finally was able to get someone to help.

In all I spent an hour and 40 minutes to get Repatha

OptumRXprice gouging

Optumrx charged me 417.03 for three 15g tubes of generic hydrocortisone valerate . Without insurance, I could have bought this same item and quantity for $50 at any one of four local drugstores. Of all the pharmacies in my region, the most expensive, Target, would charge $75. You charged me 8 times what I should have paid. I deserve a refund of the overcharge.

Details
                      Invoice of 10/23/19, account [protected], William S Thornhill Jr.

John Hunnell Nov 26, 2020

This is common with all PBMs. Then they take most of it back from the pharmacy in DIR fees. Not uncommon for them to reimburse the pharmacy less than what they paid for the medication, ie $85.00 for a Rx yesterday

OptumRXmail order customer service

Whom do I complain to about the BAD customer service at OPTUMRx? I have been trying since January 3, 2020 to get my Rx moved from CVS to OPTUMRx. I have talked to Michelle, Stephanie, several others. Here I am leaving for Wave 1 and I still don't have my medication and I am out. OPTUMRx does not have:
                        Decent voice recognition system on automated system…..keep having to repeat information
                        Information given in automated system does not transfer over to customer service representative. I have to tell them all information again, this make 3-5 time of repeating myself.
                        Mail order is a mess, I can only get 30 day supply and not 90.
                        Can we switch to CVS again?

OptumRXoptumrx denial of fiasp

I am a type 1 person with diabetes. I have been I ducking dependent for 44 years. OptumRx wants to charge me $885.93 for a 30:day supply. You're in bed with big pharma and should be ashamed. It's not a narcotic I need it to live. I'm on my 4 th appeal by Monday I will have no insulin which will mean I'll be in DKA and ina few more days comatose. You want me to use humalog which is over 20 years old and quite a few folks are insulin resistant to it because it's so old. Upon my deathbed
                          Regretfully hating Optum Rx

Jan 14, 2020

OptumRX — authorization & customer support

After 2hrs and 45 min on the phone today with countless amounts of people. I am no closer to a resolution...

OptumRXmail delivery for aarp medicare

What a nightmare this place is. You are on hold forever, no one speaks clear English and it seems no one has a clue what is going on. If I could give it a "0" I would. They charge wrong prices, they give you wrong prices. They told my medicine is $45.00 but my copay is $150.00 so I should pay the $150.00 "NOT" I have now been on hold for the 4th time, it has been 45 minutes. I told them the computer gave me a price they told me the price was wrong and gave me a different one. Unbelievable. It is a circus act there. I just started this plan in January 2020, I don't recommend anyone to take this plan. I am changing my plan today, there is no way anyone should deal with this horrible customer service. Plus their system has been up and down all day.