Viking River Cruises Logo

Viking River Cruises

Having problems with Viking River Cruises?

Viking River Cruises Customer Service Contacts

Thu4:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Fri4:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Sat5:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Sun5:00 AM - 7:00 PM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Viking River Cruises Customer Service. Initial Viking River Cruises complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Viking River Cruises above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Viking River Cruises. Discuss the issues you have had with Viking River Cruises and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Nov 15, 2020

Viking River Cruises — Service

I was so excited to be on my first and only Viking River Cruise of a lifetime on the Danube River through...

Viking River CruisesCanceled cruises want cash refund not future travel vouchers due to terminal illness.

I have tried unsuccessfully to obtain my cash refund of $36K. My previous attempts have resulted in "future travel vouchers" and my attempt through TripMate travel insurance has been denied because of the travel vouchers. I have never wanted travel vouchers due to my terminal stage of my illness and now entering hospice stage. I would appreciate someone in Viking to advocate for a rightful and honorable conclusion to refund my money. It will be 1 year come December 6th that Viking has had my money with no cruise executed because of the pandemic.
Please, just refund my money.
Booking #5807759

Viking River Cruisesvoucher rip off

My situation is very similar to 'dwarfrabbit'. The basic difference is that my wife passed away due to injuries from a car accident.

My wife and I were booked for a cruise in May, 2020. Because of COVID-19, the cruise was cancelled. We were offered either a full refund, or a voucher for 125% of the cruise's value for another, later cruise. We took the voucher and rebooked for 2021 cruise.
    After my wife of 50 years passed away, I asked Viking for a cash refund of the original $8, 000 (appx), I was told that because we took the voucher originally, we could not now have our money back. They said I would have to use the voucher for a cruise at some time in the next two years. I explained that because of my wife's passing, I would not ever be travelling again. I escalated my complaint up to the President of Viking from the agent who originally assisted us, but were met with the response that, "Policy is policy. Vikings best solution is to transfer my dead wife's voucher to me. So, now I have two $10, 000 vouchers that have no cash value. I say BS!!

Viking can do better than this. What ever happened to "The Customer is always right"?

Also, the letter I sent to Torstein Hagen, was sent US mail, with 'Restricted Delivery' meaning only he could sign for it. Someone else signed for it, probably in violation of some Fed Postal Law. So he never saw it, just some 'customer relations' flunkie.

• Viking River Cruises's response · Nov 09, 2020

Thanks for reaching out, rwmatse. We sincerely regret to learn of your wife’s passing, and extend our deepest sympathies for your loss. We’re pleased to see that since sharing your comments here, a member of our Customer Relations department has been in touch and a mutually agreed upon resolution has been attained. We remain available to assist where possible, and welcome you to reach out to your handling agent should you have any lingering questions. We appreciate the opportunity to respond and wish you all the best.

Oct 14, 2020

Viking River Cruises — Nuremberg to budapest river cruise

My wife and I were booked for this cruise in May, 2020. Because of COVID-19, the cruise was cancelled. We...

Viking River CruisesHave not received refund request.

I have filed multiple complaints to get a cash refund for cruises that were canceled due to COVID. I have been given future travel vouchers but that is not useable for me due to health issues. I have a terminal illness and have been admitted into Hospice care. Please refund my money, so I can enjoy using it before I die. I am so exhausted in all of the many Viking staff that I have dealt with since I started this process in May. I am running out of time and I want to be able to use the $36,000 and not leave to Viking (Viking hasn't earned it, and I am not a bank to loan Viking the money).

BOOKING REFERENCE: 5807759

Viking River Cruisesmailings

please take us off your mailing list. We have taken 2 viking expeditions and would consider another at a later date. But, that being said, i don't want 2-3 catalogues in my mailbox basically every day. This severe annoyance would truly make me consider another another river cruise line instead of Viking. So please take us off the mailing list.

Diane Cardin
        25 Hamilton Gate Ct.
        North Kingstown, RI [protected]
        USA

RESOLVED

• Viking River Cruises's response · Oct 13, 2020

While we regret to hear that you no longer wish to receive our mailings, Diane, we’re happy to assist you with this request and have removed your name and contact information from our mailing list. Please allow 6-8 weeks for all mailings to cease, as some brochures may be queued with the printer or the post office. Should you continue to receive mailings past the estimated time, please contact us again so we may further assist.

Aug 19, 2020

Viking River Cruises — Travel insurance

Leslie & Ann Knopf Cruise 6071542 I booked cruise/insurance for (6/[protected] cruise) - Final payment...

Aug 17, 2020

Viking River Cruises — Refund of travel expenses

In October 2019, we booked a Viking River Cruise (Paris and the Heart of Normandy, booking #: 5704019 to sail...

Aug 10, 2020

Viking River Cruises — Viking refuses to refund the full 40k+, even though my husband, with a doctor's note, is unable to travel now or in the future.

The Viking Weapons: • E-check: don't do it, use a credit card! It seems to be impossible to get a refund...

Viking River CruisesCommission

Viking is continuing to cancel sailings without any compensation to travel agents! We are expected to book, re book and re book again for NO money. I have some customers that do NOT want to re book at this time and have requested refunds. We get nothing for these bookings at all! Not even a portion of commission. This is simply not fair. We have done our job (more than once) and we are expected to continue to work for free! Viking claims to be agent friendly? I think not!!
          Donna Pullin
          President
          Fredericksburg Travel
          [protected]

• Updated by fredtvl · Aug 12, 2020

Still no response or phone call from sales rep

Jul 14, 2020

Viking River Cruises — Refund

---------- Forwarded message --------- From: Mail Delivery Subsystem Date: Tue, Jul 14, 2020 at 3:59...

Jul 12, 2020

Viking River Cruises — Paris to prague trip in april 2020 booking 5861401

We were booked on Viking Cruise ALS200410T, Cities of Light including time in Paris for April 5, 2020 to...

Jun 25, 2020

Viking River Cruises — Unable to get refund of $37,000 due to covid and operation shut down.

Booked original cruise (Grand European Tour # 5807759) for May 7, 2020 and paid full invoice October 2019...

Jun 09, 2020

Viking River Cruises — Refund and vouchers

Received email on March 8 stating cruise would be cancelled. Called and rebooked for 2021. Then, on 3/30...

Jun 08, 2020

Viking River Cruises — Inability to transfer voucher

Client #: 5340760 Complaint: Requesting transfer of voucher from my friend to me. In 2019 I booked the...

Jun 03, 2020

Viking River Cruises — Cancelled cruise

I own a small travel agency in Fredericksburg Virginia. I spent several months coordinating 6 people (3...

May 11, 2020

Viking River Cruises — Cruise cancellation / misleading information

I called Viking mid March to find out about our upcoming Ocean cruise to the Adriatic during Covid 19. I knew...

May 06, 2020

Viking River Cruises — Overall care for their customers is lacking

Last April we went on a river cruise and I became sick with a very treatable UTI while on the pre-excursion...

May 03, 2020

Viking River Cruises — Holland & belgium may 2, 2020 cruise

My husband & I have taken several river & 1 ocean cruise(s) w/ Viking. Being a registered nurse in a major...

Apr 25, 2020

Viking River Cruises — Return on cancellation of tulip & windmill cruise

My wife and I booked (#5982827) a Tulips and Windmills river cruise in February for a May 2020 departure to...