Menu
Midas Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Midas
reviews and complaints

www.midas.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

1.6 309 Reviews

How responsive is Midas's customer service?

49 Resolved
260 Unresolved
Poor 🫤
Midas is a rare visitor on ComplaintsBoard, so the pace of resolving complaints leaves much to be desired. We believe they should spend more time and effort on reviews to naturally grow customer loyalty. As for reviewers, we'd advise carefully reading existing reviews to understand what to expect. It's also helpful to go through the few complaints that Midas has already resolved to get a clear picture of their customer interaction and potential challenges in resolving your personal issue.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Midas has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
Write a review File a complaint

Midas reviews and complaints 309

Sort by:

Newest Midas reviews and complaints

R
2:10 pm EDT

Midas Shoddy workmanship

Hello, I had some recent break work and a new fuel fill hose installed on my 1999 Ford F250 truck by Midas here in lake Jackson TX, I went on a trip shortly after out of state to visit my Daughter, on the way my front end started to wobble, lucky I made it to my destination where I had to take the truck into a local mechanic, they found the back rotors were put on the front and backs on the front (being of different diameter), a caliper was missing a mounting bolt, and the lug nuts were not tight, in addition to this when reinstalling my fuel tank they left a flex break line hanging down, it should of been secured up on top of the fuel tank as it was prior to the repair, not being secured it hung down and rubbed against the drive shaft and wore a hole through it, I lost my breaks due to the loss of all of brake fluid, luckily I was traveling through a residential area where I was able to stop safely, had I been on the interstate most surly it would of be a lot worse maybe fatal. The mechanic/shop who did the repair took pictures and wrote a statement explaining the issues that were a result of Midas's negligence.

I brought this to your attention in hope that this matter can be resulted between Midas and myself, otherwise I have no other recourse but to take this matter to court and sue for negligence.

Confidential Information Hidden: This section contains confidential information visible to verified Midas representatives only. If you are affiliated with Midas, please claim your business to access these details.

8:05 pm EDT

Midas Service AC recharge

On March 20 at 4 pm Midas located at 6845 W Peoria Ave Peoria AZ began to check over my vehicle because it was blowing hot air instead of cold. I was called and told my vehicle was completed and when I asked if it was fixed I was told it was again blowing ice cold air. I arrived to pay for the vehicle and pick it up and was told to bring it back if it blew hot air within the next week. I barely made it out of the parking lot before turning around and going back in to tell them it was the same as when I dropped it off. I was told by the mechanic that they had a hard time charging it and that it did not want to hold the freon. I asked why and was told it would need a new compressor which was $1800 and that they would deduct the $274.31 I paid from it. I was charged but they lied telling me it was fixed when they knew it was not. I entered and was told it was a bummer but that a new compressor was in order. Explain to me why they continued to try to charge the compressor when it would not hold according to the mechanic that worked on my vehicle. Nowhere in my paperwork is any of this even stated. I feel as if they cheated me out of the service that they agreed on by telling me if I brought it in that they would have it fixed for the $274.31. I would like them to refund my money.

Claimed loss: $276.31

Desired outcome: I would like my money back because I told them to start with that it did not need freon.

D
11:25 am EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Midas Refund assured for shop supply and never received from Midas 1024 Lake Creek Austin, TX

11/13/23: Manager, Randy Thompson at 1024 Lake Creek Austin, TX 78729 and customer representative that called me from [protected] assured me that I would receive a $133.87 refund from Invoice #0013651, dated 11/13/23 for SHOP SUPPLY.

11/14/23: Midas representative called me from [protected]. He said Midas would refund me $133.87, but it would take 10-15 days to show up in my credit card account. I asked him to send me an email stating he would issue me a refund. When I didn’t receive it, I called him the same day and left a message on his voicemail that I had not received the email. He did not return my call, but sent a text: “Ma-am, I am extremely busy, but I assure you I’ll get you taken care of.” I have a screen shot of his text.

After about 17 days, I saw no credit to my Chase credit card and called Randy, the original manager. He said he would send an email again and that Midas would refund my money. It would take another 10-15 days. Received no refund of $133.87.

12/6/23, I went in person to talk to Randy and said that I never received the refund. He said he would expedite with an email and should see the refund in 10-15 days.

1/4/24 called Randy Thompson and still no refund.

1/4/24 Never received the refund.

Claimed loss: Please refund $133.87, as promised by store manager and Midas representative who called and assured me refund would be process in 10-15 days.

Desired outcome: Refund $133.87 to my Chase credit card.

Is Midas legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals Midas as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 15% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, Midas stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering Midas should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

Midas earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Midas achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for Midas. The company provides a physical address, phone number, and 2 emails, as well as 4 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

Midas has claimed the domain name for midas.com for a long time, which suggests that the website is established and has a history of being in operation. This is a positive sign, as it indicates that the website has been around for a while and may have a reputation to maintain.

Midas.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

We looked up Midas and found that the website is receiving a high amount of traffic. This could be a sign of a popular and trustworthy website, but it is still important to exercise caution and verify the legitimacy of the site before sharing any personal or financial information

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• While Midas has a high level of trust, our investigation has revealed that the company's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. As a result, only 15% of 309 complaints are resolved. The support team may have poor customer service skills, lack of training, or not be well-equipped to handle customer complaints.
  • We conducted a search on social media and found several negative reviews related to Midas. These reviews may indicate issues with the company's products, services, or customer support. It is important to thoroughly research the company and its offerings before making any purchases to avoid any potential risks.
12:31 am EST

Midas Midas ruined my car

Hai. I went to Midas on 18th Jan 2024 at 2pm for an oil change. I’ve requested for oil change for my 2011 Nissan Maxima. In order to do oil change, I don’t know why they remove all the tires and did inspection without my concern. At last, they gave me a quote that something need to be fixed. I said I’ve not enough money with me, send me the quote, I’ll come soon later. Soon later they changed the oil and I went for payment. First thing is, without asking me and without my concern, they charged me for change in oil filter. I tried to me nice and l paid for the thing, which I didn’t ask for. They hand over the keys to me and I started to home. When I apply brakes, there is a whooping sound coming from the tires. I went back to Midas and I told what I’m experiencing, they took my car for a test ride and without inspections he said that'd be alright no worries. I said ok. I left to home. The next day, that is Friday 19th Jan, the sound got increased day by day. I went to Midas at 11am, he told me to come afternoon. Again I went there at 12:20pm. After I waited for 2 hours he came to me and said they’ve checked my car, and again he gave me quote of $900. I was like completely confused. I have nothing to do. My concern is I just went for only oil change, they took out my car tires and inspected without my concern. Sound from tires coming only after they took out the tires. I want my car to get fixed, and I want my car just like how it is before I gave them for service. Thanks for listening to me. Please find a solution for my problem. Thanks a lot. Please contact me at [protected]@gmail.com

Desired outcome: I want my car back just like it is before I give for oil change.

6:50 am EST

Midas Leaking valve covers

I’d like to start this off by saying I was finally given a partial refund after one hell of a run around. Our vehicle was taken for some basic repairs. Exhaust, AC issue and leaking valves covers. We were lied to, they advised both valve covers were leaking, only one was actually leaking. They never touched the other side but charged us for both to be “repaired” The side that they did “repair” was leaking worse after they worked on it. The wire looms were all broken, they weren’t like that prior to their “repairs” The differential lock wasn’t broken when we brought the vehicle up to them, but it is now and they refused any and all possibilities that their tech did it. We took the vehicle back to them a second time for a refund of one side they never touched and to correct the now severe leak. After the SECOND “repair” it’s still leaking. At this point we’re over it and requested a refund ABSOLUTELY NOT doing this a third time.

They denied a refund initially, after several days of calling the store, arguing, calling the district manager and being spoken to in a condescending manner by him, arguing some more and threatening to contact the BBB they finally agreed to give a.. STORE CREDIT!? after more calls and arguments they FINALLY agreed to full refund of the failed repairs… or so we thought. Once we arrived home we realized they only gave us the cost of labor back. They still charged us for the parts, the parts we’ll have to pay for again because the valves are still leaking. Good ol Steveo, yet again deceived us.

This was a complete unnecessary mess. I wouldn’t trust Midas to touch ANYTHING of mine and urge everyone else to find somewhere else this place is SHADY imagine a non-mechanical person in this situation… taking advantage of people isn’t a good look Midas Unfortunately, we’re still out 153.00 for the parts they never reimbursed us for. Another 200.00+ for the differential lock and who knows what the broken wire looms costs.

Desired outcome: FULL REFUND plus the cost of the broken differential lock

D
4:13 pm EST

Midas Being overcharged 93 dollars (labor fee) for a 10 minutes (or less) work

my Nissan Versa 2008 need it a brake switch stopper replacement. So, on 11/21/23 I took the car to MIDAS AUTO SERVICE, 1335 S.Beretania St. Honolulu, HI [protected]. After 15 minutes I've got a call the car is done. I've paid 35.99 for the part (?!) and 92.99 for the labor ! Also a "shop supply" of 19. 35 (?!?!). Plus tax 6.99 Total 155.32

See the jpeg attached !

Desired outcome: Please refund, I'd appreciate a response and an apology !!!

E
11:40 pm EST

Midas - Customer service

On 12/6/23 we dropped off a ‘18 Nissan Titan to Midas on 3107 Old Denton Rd, Carrollton TX to replace the starter. The car died 2 blocks away so we had it towed to Midas because it was close BIG MISTAKE. The car arrived Wednesday night 5 minutes before they closed. We were able to at least get it to them. The next day we called to check in and we were told...

G
2:36 am EST

Midas Brakes, drums and shoes.

I have been taken advantage of. I paid 701.98 he charged my card twice.

I had to wait 7 to 10 days for it to be credited to my card. He didnt get the work done when promised. I just recently had a noise in my wheel, and discovered.

He never replaced any parts. He charged me 701.98 (twice) I feel like JONATHAN PETTY at MIDAS in hot springs AK.4536 central avenue took advantage and overcharged, inconveinenced me and gave MIDAS a bad name.

I have receipts, pictures, and a note from the mechanic and my witness that those parts were never replaced.

I am hoping that midas does the right thing and take care of this problem ASAP

Claimed loss: 701.98

Desired outcome: Please refund, or get the work done. I think JONATHAN PETTY should be brought to his attention. To let someone get on the road and he knew that i was driving back to texas. Put me and someone else in danger.

7:53 pm EST

Midas Made me wait for 4 hrs at closing time they said they could not get me in

I booked appointment on Nov 10 23 for Nov 20 23 for 130pm got here at 1 pm for an stablizer linkage they told me 2 hrs wait ok i told them i was outsiade of town 1 hr away i waited there for 4 hrs sitting then told me at 5 pm they could get me in really dude

Claimed loss: time and gas

Desired outcome: better there time slots

11:49 pm EST

Midas Simple oil change

Took my Highlander in for an oil change at the Midas on Conant Street in Maumee, Ohio on October 9, 2023. I immediately noticed a dent and chipped paint on my drivers door that was not there when I handed them my keys. I’ve made 5 calls. Each time, I was told they’ll review footage and the manager will contact me. It’s 11/13/23 and no one will call me back. I expect them to pay for the damage and stop being so utterly unprofessional!

B
1:19 am EDT

Midas - Appointment for wheel alignment & courtesy check

I had a major incident last evening after taking my vehicle from Midas shop located at 34 Ave & 99 street in Edmonton, AB. The front driver wheel almost came off when I hardly drove for couple minutes on 34 Ave & Calgary trail, brought the vehicle back to shop, it was found that 4 off 6 lug nuts on front driver side wheel were completely missing and...

1:56 pm EDT

Midas - Oil change at Midas Karl Road Columbus Ohio

My wife’s RAV4 used to run so well! I took our two cars to this Midas on Thursday 10/19/23 for oil change and tire rotation. On Monday 10/30/23, with only 60 more miles on the odometer, I got into our 2014 Rav4 to go to work and it started very rough with the oil pressure light on. I turned off the car and checked the oil. Oil levels looked okay. I called...

6:45 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Midas My oil pan boat was stripped, and I was told they could not change my oil

I went to midas to just get a simple oil change and was told that my oil pan bolt was stripped. The same midas did my previous oil change. I asked could I see what the problem was and did not see any issues, but was told that the oil pan bolt was stripped and kept spinning and the oil change couldn’t be done I asked him about the previous oil change, and he told me that the bolt could have just wear out due to age, but my oil change was not even six months old. I think when they did the previous oil change it was not threaded properly and it was overtighten. I was told I had to replace the pan which is costing me $786. I have pictures of the oil pan and bolt. It’s not showing any age our rust.

Claimed loss: Oil pan cost with labor is $786

Desired outcome: I would like them to cover the cost for new oil pan.

T
2:10 pm EDT

Midas Service maintenance

My car was fine. No noise at all. I came in because of the oil chg sale. Boy was i sorry. I left with a broke car and a now missing hub cap. Biggest fear for a single woman to get jacked around at a car repair shop. A simple oil change has changed has turned into a nightmare. My car is loud the attentdant says he thinks its the water pump just that quick. My car was fine when i pulled in there. No help i got home my hub cap is gone of my tire

Desired outcome: Want my car fixed and my hub cab replaced

10:15 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Midas - My 2013 hyundai sonata was serviced in the redlands california location on friday at 2:00 p.M.

For the first time in my life I had taken my vehicle to get my brakes and rotors fixed 3 weeks ago the customer service and the genuine demeanor of Tyler and the rest of the staff was so impressing to me that I went back on Friday October 6th at 2:00 p.m. with the complaint of a burning smell which I knew was the gasket leaking oil after a thorough check I...

R
4:02 pm EDT

Midas - Wheel alignment

Jan 19 2022 Moved from B.C. and required SGI inspection to license 2017 Kia Sedona. 45692 km. Vehicle was running perfect with no problems. Inspection indicated vehicle req'd 4 wheel alignment. Without alignment no certification would be given. Had to OK alignment to license the vehicle. Right after alignment vehicle would pull slightly to the left when...

S
2:55 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Midas - Wrongfully diagnosing the repairs on my vehicle and still unable drive my van!! [protected]

The Diagnosing of the of repairs on my vehicle and still unable drive my van! This is very disappointing, because i would have keep making expensive repairs on my vehicle knowing that there were several repairs and now a Head Gasket. I addition I am surprise that when receiving new parts on my v an thermostat would not be replace just as with my newly...

B
8:29 pm EDT

Midas Auto service

My wife and I have used Midas on and off for twenty years but never again! my wife took her vehicle there today and was told by the manager Tanya that she would call her after they took it aroubd the block and that they would NOT do a diagnostic test until after they called her. upon collecting the vehicle she charged her $180 for a test going completely against what she said in person earlier. the owner Brian was hearing this and my wife explained no that’s not right you told me you would call me and let me know how the drive went before doing any test! Sandy? completely refuses to admit the mistake and Brian heard all this upset and did nothing to look after a long time customer of over twenty years! what happened to customer service? my wife came home in tears and I feel Midas literally stole money from us because my wife didn’t have the confidence to stand up to this lady and refuse to be walked all over. I will be calling head office and leaving negative reviews everywhere. Brian you should have stepped in and made the right as the owner of a local business who we have supported for twenty years you recognized my wife Mrs Johnson and I don’t appreciate the arrogance of your employee who handled this so poorly. Are you going to try to fix this Brian I challenge you to look after your customer! Midas charged my wife $200 for diagnostic test they assured her would not be carried out until after they spoke to her after a road test! They did it before speaking to her and then refused to admit it or amend the bill.

Desired outcome: Refund

10:27 am EDT

Midas Refund check

My mother Mary L. Smith residing @ 739 N. Wynnewood Rd., Philadelphia, PA. 19151, [protected] / [protected]. My mother is elderly @ 79 yrs., Disabled Senior. Mr. David Nesbitt @ [protected] is one of MIDAS's Managers for the Upper Darby, PA. and Philadelphia, PA. store located @ 4138-52 Market St., Philadelphia, PA. 19104 issued her a Refund Check dated 11/01/2022 for substandard or work that put my mother in danger on several occasions. My mother misplaced the check until recently. We've attempted to reach out to Mr. Nesbitt via phone and text w/o response nor success. After Mr. Nesbitt issued the Refund check, because my mother continued to experience uncomfortable and unsafe driving conditions due to incomplete work, substandard, and dangerous conditions by missing parts during installation, installing improper parts not accompanied with the installation kits for repairs, and overcharging fees. Mr. Nesbitt issued a $500 Refund check which you will find attached. My mother paid over $1400 for the repairs thru MIDAS Credit services, now she has to navigate to pay the Bill due to MIDAS no longer uses that Credit services. We had a family Mechanic who has been an Auto Service Manager for several Auto Repair shops take a look at her car and he is the one who found the additional errors after Mr. Nesbitt had us bring the car for repairs on at least 5 different xs. Please contact myself @ [protected] / [protected]@yahoo.com or my mother, contact info above. Thank you in advance!

Desired outcome: We would like the Check re-issued: Check # 2586Bank - Republic BankPrenlyn Enterprises @ 8141 Ogontz Ave., Phildelphia, PA. 19150

11:48 am EDT

Midas Taking a mags out for balancing

Bad service i come for an aliment then they tell me that my tire bolts are to tight after they they screw the nut ...now the hamering and using torches and saying that my mag is gonna be damaged ...after that the guy in the front tells me to go to another garage refusing to fix the problem when i told him they sopuse to tell me that bofore toching the car

Bad service no more ...i dont even want the aliment screw this garage i got to.pay a hour for a service they did wrong ...before you touch the car let the customer know ...not when you screw up .

Bad service clear exemple how you get scewed at this place .

Midas In-depth Review

Company Overview: Midas is a well-established automotive service provider that has been in the industry for several decades. With a strong reputation and a wide range of services, Midas has become a trusted name in the automotive repair and maintenance industry.

Services Offered: Midas offers a comprehensive range of automotive services, including oil changes, brake repairs, tire rotations, engine diagnostics, and more. Whether you need routine maintenance or major repairs, Midas has the expertise and equipment to get the job done.

Pricing and Value: Midas offers competitive pricing for their services, providing customers with excellent value for their money. While prices may vary depending on the specific service and location, Midas strives to offer fair and transparent pricing to ensure customer satisfaction.

Customer Service: Midas is known for its exceptional customer service. Their friendly and knowledgeable staff is always ready to assist customers and answer any questions they may have. With a focus on customer satisfaction, Midas goes above and beyond to ensure that every customer has a positive experience.

Quality of Work: Midas is committed to delivering high-quality workmanship. Their skilled technicians use state-of-the-art equipment and follow industry best practices to ensure that every repair and maintenance service is performed to the highest standards. Customers can trust Midas to provide reliable and long-lasting solutions for their automotive needs.

Reputation and Trustworthiness: Midas has built a solid reputation for its professionalism and trustworthiness. With numerous positive reviews and a loyal customer base, Midas is known for its honesty, integrity, and commitment to customer satisfaction. Customers can rely on Midas to provide reliable and trustworthy automotive services.

Accessibility and Convenience: Midas has a wide network of service centers, making it convenient for customers to find a location near them. With extended operating hours and online appointment scheduling, Midas strives to provide accessibility and convenience to their customers.

Website Design and User Experience: Midas' website is well-designed and user-friendly. It provides easy navigation, allowing users to quickly find the information they need. The website also offers online appointment booking and access to helpful resources, making it a convenient platform for customers.

Additional Features and Benefits: In addition to their core services, Midas offers several additional features and benefits. These include warranty options, financing plans, and a loyalty program that rewards customers for their continued patronage. These added features enhance the overall customer experience and provide additional value.

Overall Rating and Recommendation: Overall, Midas is a highly recommended automotive service provider. With their extensive range of services, competitive pricing, exceptional customer service, and commitment to quality, Midas is a reliable choice for all your automotive repair and maintenance needs. Whether you need a simple oil change or major repairs, Midas has the expertise and resources to get the job done right.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Contact Midas customer service

Phone number

+1 (800) 621-8545

Website

Our Commitment

We stand for unbiased reviews

We help resolving issues

We advocate freedom of speech

We ensure transparent and fair ratings

We care about your privacy

We are easy, free and open to everyone

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with Midas?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Midas Customer Service. Initial Midas complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Midas above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Midas. Discuss the issues you have had with Midas and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.