Auto by Rent, Inc. Logo

Auto by Rent, Inc.

Having problems with Auto by Rent, Inc.?

Auto by Rent, Inc. Customer Service Contacts

130 N. Range Line Rd
Joplin, Missouri

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Auto by Rent, Inc. Customer Service. Initial Auto by Rent, Inc. complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Auto by Rent, Inc. above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Auto by Rent, Inc.. Discuss the issues you have had with Auto by Rent, Inc. and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Auto by Rent, Inc. Complaints & Reviews

Auto By RentSold an unsafe vehicle

My 19 y.o. daughter went to Auto by Rent in Joplin, Missouri. They stated the program was similar to rent to own housing - it was a good way to build credit. They also stated they had their vehicles examined by reputable mechanics. Three weeks after obtaining possession of the vehicle, the cv axle went out on it. The mechanic made a statement there had been a lot of work done on this vehicle's front end. When a test drive was completed, the work did not fix the problem. We called Auto by Rent and they had us take it to their mechanic in Joplin. He stated it was the ball bearings and made a similar comment about the work done on the vehicle. When another test drive was done, that work did not fix the problem. It was then stated the drive shaft was bent. He pulled out the drive shaft and started looking for one to replace it with. We took the vehicle home and it rolle down our driveway into the street. We took it back and he put the parking pin as far as it could go. We took it back. This time, even with the emergency brakes on the vehicle, it rolled. We took it back - There were no emergency brake system. I returned the vehicle to Auto by Rent:.

Now, I had been calling all along;. The Joplin store took the vehicle up to Springfield|. They attempted to say we had damaged the drive shaft (difficult to do but the vehicle had not been hit or had we run over anything that would damage it)?. When I stated that 3 mechanics had looked at the vehicle and had mentioned all the work that had been done, and their mechanic had also stated "They were probably trying to find the problem I just did with the drive shaft/." Auto by Rent stopped talking with me". I attempted to call the owner several times and none of them would return my call..

I had asked that we would forego any payments made but requested our down payment be returned. They will not deal with us.