Hampton University OnlineDegree

C

It has been 13 years, and this scam is now coming to light. In 2003, A gentleman named Randy Jackson came to a restaurant I was working in and had pamphlets, brochures, and school information for Hampton University Campus Online (a supposed subsidiary of Hampton University) claiming I could get my diploma and business degree with online courses. I went to the website in the Pamphlets (unknown now, what the site is because I cant find it) and registered for the Business Management major. For 3 years, I logged into a "student portal" did assignments, and had bi-weekly calls with my "student counselor, Samantha Orden" The student portal provided assignments and the calls provided short lessons and recaps (and of course weekly payment reminders). I liked the courses because they were very informative and I could work at my own pace generally, as long as weekly payments of $100 were maintained.

On May 5th 2007 I received a "Bachelors of Science in Business Management degree" and a conference call with the "school president, John Leone" congratulating me and welcoming me to continue courses for a masters degree. I declined because I was busy with work and figured I could come back and take more classes later.

After looking at the degree, I noticed the name said Hampton University Campus Online College not just Hampton University Campus Online, so I called Samantha and inquired, she said "it's always been HUCOC" I requested a copy of my "transcript" and 5 days later it was in my hands. Everything seemed fine after that.

For about a year I would get calls from Samantha who left message after message trying to get me to continue school. I called the "student hotline" several times asking not to be called anymore; however, eventually I got so annoyed I switched phone numbers.

Fast-forward to now, 13 years later, I have been promoted within an industry that I've been working in for 12+ years. I get an email saying they are unable to verify my education and to please provide a copy of my degree. Since I am in the middle of relocating, I don't have copies of my degree on hand, so I go online to get ahold of the school to get a copy sent to me in the meantime. I search everywhere, called Hampton University in Virginia, who says they've never had a subsidiary, and their online program is not Campus Online College. As I am now panicking and distraught, I find a list of accredited schools and while Hampton University is listed, HUCOC was not. Also a bucket list of College scams and degree mills exist on the internet.

This is very detrimental to my family, especially my single mother as anyone can imagine.

If this was a scam, it's a very sophisticated scam as I did learn so very much ranging from my earlier courses of Biology, precalculus, government, accounting, literature, and macroeconomics to my courses in 2007 of statistics, quantitative methods, and operations management.

Our family is scheduled to move into our home on June 7th, and when I get the documentation that was sent to me, I will be providing to you, as well as the FBI, FTC, and Consumer Protection Agency. I now have to explain to my employer that this school was either fake, unaccredited, or closed.